• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Retirement at 60: No longer possible?

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
I think the main problem is that people, especially people in SG, are too scared.
Too scared to die, too scared they have no money or possessions, too scared that they will lose out, too scared of the government and in some cases, too scared of their wives.

To summarize, kia see, kia boh, kia soo, kia cheng hu, kia bor.

Why be so scared?

This is a big mystery to me too. Not only are they scared, they let people walk all over them. Perhaps NS has castrated them. By right, they have no reason to. In my opinion, S'poreans are very tough people. They endure one of the hardest school system in the world, they can speak more than 1 language, and the males go thru 2 years of hardship in NS. They are a physically fit nation due to NS, and reservist requirements. every S'pore male is a trained killer. They work 60 hour weeks regularly, and don't complain when forced to live in pigeonholes. Yet dispite all this, they let their govt. piss on them, they let FTs walk all over them. The PAP simply does not respect the average Sinkie, that is why they dare to enact such crap like their astronomical pay. Because they know they can get away with it. If you ask the average French or German worker to live in HDB size pigeon holes and work 60 hour weeks with no OT, and force them to do 2 years military service,there will be riots on the streets .

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Agree with you there.

Many FTs I saw bring their own lunch in packed boxes. Something our kids likely won't even want to eat, like sandwiches, bread with butter with an occassional egg. they squeeze into MRT/buses and go the Changi beach for their weekends.

Contribute to via their spending ? I think it is more a liability to the system, including forcing many citizens to stay at home twiting their thumbs without a job.

They are only an asset to the MNCs that the PAP prostitutethemselves too, as cheap labour. Otherwise, they are a liability to the country.

jw5

Loyal
This is a big mystery to me too. Not only are they scared, they let people walk all over them. Perhaps NS has castrated them. By right, they have no reason to. In my opinion, S'poreans are very tough people. They endure one of the hardest school system in the world, they can speak more than 1 language, and the males go thru 2 years of hardship in NS. They are a physically fit nation due to NS, and reservist requirements. every S'pore male is a trained killer. They work 60 hour weeks regularly, and don't complain when forced to live in pigeonholes. Yet dispite all this, they let their govt. piss on them, they let FTs walk all over them. The PAP simply does not respect the average Sinkie, that is why they dare to enact such crap like their astronomical pay. Because they know they can get away with it. If you ask the average French or German worker to live in HDB size pigeon holes and work 60 hour weeks with no OT, and force them to do 2 years military service,there will be riots on the streets .
It really puzzles me how there are some singaporeans who can be so scared during their lives. Scared to die, scared no money and possessions and no face, scared to lose out, scared of the government, scared of their wives.
Then suddenly they face financial difficulties or their wives' adultery and then they are not scared any more and they jump onto the mrt tracks or from their flats, sometimes even taking their poor innocent children with them.
It's really absurd, shouldn't they be showing courage during their lives and resolving problems and looking after their families, while being not scared to die or the other things and able to accept these if they were to come?

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... The ones that are likely to vote against the PAP are the same ones that have left. It is their rebellious spirit that has given them the confidence to leave the motherland.

Many including myself are not more "rebellious" than the average sinkie. Nor are we anti-pappy all the way. We just happen to have really good common sense and see bullsh*t as it is. And we have the guts plus disgust to walk the walk. I see the pappy-sinkie relationship as a domestic abuse case on a macro level. When the abuser keeps bullying the victim over decades, not just years, and the victim continues to stay with the abuser and even defends him, something is awfully screwy. In real domestic abuse cases, I've seen victims praising their abusers, often talking about their "good" side such as admitting fear of losing their victims and occasionally giving gifts or showing limited remorse. But they will not talk about the bad side, which far outstrips the "good" side. The powerless will gripe about the abuse in private (like on online chats and forums), and the empowered and enlightened will flee... often with tremendous guilt or anguish and sometimes under police protection. Compare the traits and modus operandi of a domestic abuser to the pappies, and many will see familiarities - controlling your life, zero tolerance on you communicating privately with a 3rd party, hold you in indebtedness, looking down on you, comparing you all the time with "better" outsiders, choking valuable and useful info getting to you, punishing you harshly yet keeping you barely alive to prolong the abuse, stalking you, sometimes shelving out some "love" to confuse you, hold social parties in order to show the neighbors and friends he's a generous loving adorable successful person, put on the best behavior in public but behave like a monster in private, manipulate everything in your already miserable life. The pappies are nothing but a bunch of glorified domestic abusers assisted along by their powerless victims.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Many including myself are not more "rebellious" than the average sinkie. Nor are we anti-pappy all the way. We just happen to have really good common sense and see bullsh*t as it is. And we have the guts plus disgust to walk the walk. I see the pappy-sinkie relationship as a domestic abuse case on a macro level. When the abuser keeps bullying the victim over decades, not just years, and the victim continues to stay with the abuser and even defends him, something is awfully screwy. In real domestic abuse cases, I've seen victims praising their abusers, often talking about their "good" side such as admitting fear of losing their victims and occasionally giving gifts or showing limited remorse. But they will not talk about the bad side, which far outstrips the "good" side. The powerless will gripe about the abuse in private (like on online chats and forums), and the empowered and enlightened will flee... often with tremendous guilt or anguish and sometimes under police protection. Compare the traits and modus operandi of a domestic abuser to the pappies, and many will see familiarities - controlling your life, zero tolerance on you communicating privately with a 3rd party, hold you in indebtedness, looking down on you, comparing you all the time with "better" outsiders, choking valuable and useful info getting to you, punishing you harshly yet keeping you barely alive to prolong the abuse, stalking you, sometimes shelving out some "love" to confuse you, hold social parties in order to show the neighbors and friends he's a generous loving adorable successful person, put on the best behavior in public but behave like a monster in private, manipulate everything in your already miserable life. The pappies are nothing but a bunch of glorified domestic abusers assisted along by their powerless victims.

Yes, I think this is a good analogy. All sinkies are suffering from STockholm Syndrome:biggrin:.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Are you sure? In what time frame did you expect native Singaporean pop to grow from 2.3 mil to 4 mil? Acc to the emperor, Singaporeans have not been reproducing themselves for years, at least the last 5! 1.7 million natives couldnt have left in last 5 years, agree? That is like 340,000 a year!

What I am trying to say is that if NO singaporeans left, the total of native born singaporeans will be close to your 4 million number.