• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

This One's Funny: NMP Opposing NCMP

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Others have explained to you many times. Maybe you should read the thread slowly. If you look again I even took the trouble to explain in point form. When that failed, I provided the analogy

I don't think you are stubborn but you have difficulty with reasoning.

I'm not talking about NCMP. You repetition in several posts that I fail to understand concepts of PR and other countries elections models.

you never answer my questions direct but just beat around the bush when I asked you to point out what PR I don't understand.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
That is your exact problem

1) I took the trouble to put it in point form
2) I then drew an analogy
3) Other have tried explaining to you.

And you still don't get it. The only guy who tried to help you also don't know what is going on. The fact that no one seems help clear the air with your views is telling. Either we are all blur and you are exceptional or..................

The moment you started rolling out your models I went back to reconcile what you had said previously and realise that it does not add up.

Still beating around the bush for you?

you never answer my questions direct but just beat around the bush when I asked you to point out what PR I don't understand.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Scroobal and Sideswipe, don't be so uptight over it.

Sideswipe believes in FPTP. So do I, actually. However, if I can't pass the post with gang up of five neighbours, how? The goalpost has shifted. I lost in a FPTP but I won in a GRC. Hurray!

It's very simple, in 50%+ victories for PAP in Cheng San and Aljunied, there must be one or two divisional constituenties in minority, i.e. lost according to FPTP, but all are "won" or "rescued" by GRC system.

I'd advise all Singaporeans who say oppostion should boycott GRC and NCMP system, boycott the ballot. Don't vote. Go show cause or pay the fine of $100 or so. You dare not boycott and ask people who dare to fight to boycott? Zzz...

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
That is your exact problem

1) I took the trouble to put it in point form
2) I then drew an analogy
3) Other have tried explaining to you.

And you still don't get it. The only guy who tried to help you also don't know what is going on. The fact that no one seems help clear the air with your views is telling. Either we are all blur and you are exceptional or..................

The moment you started rolling out your models I went back to reconcile what you had said previously and realise that it does not add up.

You had a "Sideswipe Problem" when you insisted that PAP did not score 66.6 at the election since 50% of the seats were walkovered, as if the uncontested wards will all be lost by the PAP. No matter how silly it sounded, you refused to budge.

We all have our stubborn streaks. Other than this, Sideswipe is fine.

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal

Sideswipe believes in FPTP. So do I, actually. However, if I can't pass the post with gang up of five neighbours, how? The goalpost has shifted. I lost in a FPTP but I won in a GRC. Hurray!

It's very simple, in 50%+ victories for PAP in Cheng San and Aljunied, there must be one or two divisional constituenties in minority, i.e. lost according to FPTP, but all are "won" or "rescued" by GRC system.

I'd advise all Singaporeans who say oppostion should boycott GRC and NCMP system, boycott the ballot. Don't vote. Go show cause or pay the fine of $100 or so. You dare not boycott and ask people who dare to fight to boycott? Zzz...

Well said. But the fine is $5, not $100.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I don't support a entire FPTP system but a combination of FPTP + PR. I always say this in SB.

so just direct tell me what does not add up with my models, what I say is wrong.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Everyone in an ideal world believes in FPTP. Who in the world wants to give the gold medal to 2nd placed winner. In the PAP case, they their start the race at the 50 metre mark in the 100M sprint. His knows this part and thus wants to boycott.

You might want to explain the maths behind the GRC example to him. You might be more articulate than me.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You might want to explain the maths behind the GRC example to him. You might be more articulate than me.

There not much articulation other than commonsense maths required in this scenario. If you contest 5 wards and likely win 3 and lose 2, you declare all 5 wards lumped into a group. You'd win. Your two losing partners will join you in victory even if by fair FPTP they lost the contest in their wards.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bingo......
There not much articulation other than commonsense maths required in this scenario. If you contest 5 wards and likely win 3 and lose 2, you declare all 5 wards lumped into a group. You'd win. Your two losing partners will join you in victory even if by fair FPTP they lost the contest in their wards.