• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

This One's Funny: NMP Opposing NCMP

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
The same thing happened prior and post 2006 GE. This time around GMS is not engaging them. Its the same mob, can't perform so they will make sure they pull down anyone that attempts to climb out of the well.

What first started as seemingly valid and objective viewpoints has now denigrated to full blown and emotionally driven insults, comments based on false or no premises and circuitous arguments.

Now that WP is not present on this web at least in name or by association, they have no handle to pursue the agenda. They are bit lost with NSP and hoping that GMS's past association with WP can be used as an entry to WP. Note the comment about GMS past performance with WP being raised.

Good sense tell mes not to engage but engagement delivers 2 things - entertainment and as posts appear, the false persona begins to drop and the real and usual suspects appears.

Lets hope this GE does not make anyone standing for this elections the laughing stock when they end up with the lowest vote. But I suspect they will.

Gotcha? Got jit kee lan lah, lan cheow bin !

Is that all you know? nursing pet hurts & digging up old innocent statements to prop up your childish insults .....

for a pompous arse, there's no end to your juvenile recap of 'runner insults', 'nobel prize insults' & 'bootlicker insults' !

The usual retreat when one question your flawed logic of comparing difference between 'interview' & 'tens of thousands of votes', you densely avoided your shortcoming & pull out some other inconsequential red-herring .... you have selective comprehension problems plus- you are simply a SORE LOSER !

heartlander

Alfrescian
Loyal
One blur chap and he is talking about logic. An idiot not less. The establishment figure that sponsored him should kill himself.

i'm surprised you seem to know enough about calvin cheng to label him an idiot. i personally don't think you'd make this proclamation based on one gaffe in parliament. please enlighten us if you do know more background stuff about him, other than the YPAP fiasco of course.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
You obviously have no clue the severity of his statement. If the comment was made by someone other than an NMP, it would be perfectly fine and valid.

Its analogous to welfare recipient who does not belief in a welfare system, a devout christian who does not believe in Christ or a person who thinks that the adjective idiot can only applied to someone whose background one has to be familiar with.

The term idiot can be implied on a single event basis when that event is staggeringly idiotic or imbecile in nature.

There have been gaffes, insults, errors and foot in the mouth events in Singapore's parliament history but this one takes the cake. Its not a slip.

By the way, the establishment has been shocked by his comments and they now realise that he is a dud and I can assure that he won't be back. There is now a witch hunt within PAP on who nominated him in the first place.

In case you have no idea how bad it is, its best you read what he said in the context that it was said by an NMP. Shanmugam's comment is cutting and telling.

i'm surprised you seem to know enough about calvin cheng to label him an idiot. i personally don't think you'd make this proclamation based on one gaffe in parliament. please enlighten us if you do know more background stuff about him, other than the YPAP fiasco of course.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
you really wonder what Calvin Cheng was thinking when he spoke against NCMP scheme. Maybe that clown think his legitimately in Parliament was given by that walkover President.

I do agree with everything he say, a pity that he didn't apply the democratic values he use to oppose NCMP to condemn himself and NMP scheme.

What was his reply after Sylvia and Shanmugam remarks?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
One PAP member commented that he picked up the wrong cue card and everyone in the member's lounge laughed.

you really wonder what Calvin Cheng was thinking when he spoke against NCMP scheme. Maybe that clown think his legitimately in Parliament was given by that walkover President.

I do agree with everything he say, a pity that he didn't apply the democratic values he use to oppose NCMP to condemn himself and NMP scheme.

What was his reply after Sylvia and Shanmugam remarks?

heartlander

Alfrescian
Loyal
You obviously have no clue the severity of his statement. If the comment was made by someone other than an NMP, it would be perfectly fine and valid.

Its analogous to welfare recipient who does not belief in a welfare system, a devout christian who does not believe in Christ or a person who thinks that the adjective idiot can only applied to someone whose background one has to be familiar with.

The term idiot can be implied on a single event basis when that event is staggeringly idiotic or imbecile in nature.

There have been gaffes, insults, errors and foot in the mouth events in Singapore's parliament history but this one takes the cake. Its not a slip.

By the way, the establishment has been shocked by his comments and they now realise that he is a dud and I can assure that he won't be back. There is now a witch hunt within PAP on who nominated him in the first place.

In case you have no idea how bad it is, its best you read what he said in the context that it was said by an NMP. Shanmugam's comment is cutting and telling.

I think you need to chill, because I was only wondering if you knew more about his background than you let on. Good that you acknowledged that your name-calling is based on this single event.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Of course, they can't choose people who are better than they are, can they?
That would prove that they are all dispensable.

Before Tang Liang Hong stood for that famous 1997 Cheng San GRC election, he actually applied for NMP first, and of course got rejected.

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
think they should abolish the NMP scheme once and for all. NCMP has a claim to legitimacy because a certain section of the electorate actually voted for them as opposed to the NMP where you and I have no say whatever. Some big shot interviewed and nominated them. Where's the legitimacy? This Cheng fella lacks common sense and maturity of thought. How did he ever become NMP? What a laugh! The strong reaction to his speech must have left him shell-shocked.:biggrin:

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
At the end of the day, I still think Malaysia Boleh ...
simple one man one vote, first pass the post, single seat consituencies with guarantee of prompt by-elections whenever incumbent die or is incapacitated.

Sometimes, the simplest is the best. :cool:

fivestars

Alfrescian
Loyal
We should support Dr Sun Yet Sen on the Singaporean Nationalism, the People Power and the Welfare and Good Livelihood system. The People Action Party who support One Dominant Party with NMP and NCMP is a copy system of the Communist Party of China which has One Dominant Party with the United Front.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
calvin cheng was from the humanities scheme back in college. i now conclude that program produces warped nymphomaniacs who like to be publicly skewered. One senior before him took on 251 men in a single studio session.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
At the end of the day, I still think Malaysia Boleh ...
simple one man one vote, first pass the post, single seat consituencies with guarantee of prompt by-elections whenever incumbent die or is incapacitated.

Sometimes, the simplest is the best. :cool:

think we must move with the times.
a first pass the post + proportional representation voting system is the way forward.
even the British are considering having PR.

We should consider changes if it is for the better of all.

jw5

Loyal
think we must move with the times.
a first pass the post + proportional representation voting system is the way forward.
even the British are considering having PR.

We should consider changes if it is for the better of all.
It's not for the better for all.
The pappies know that if they spread out the population and continue with the current system, they will always have 55% to 60% of the valid votes and probably 10 mps for every 10 wards contested.
If they go to a pr system, they will probably have 6 mps for every 10 wards contested.
Why would they want to change?

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
....Why would they want to change?

Valid point.

It is human nature to look out for own interest.

All the talk of '...done in the national interest' to be taken with a pinch of salt.

PAP kept creating new electoral gymnastics moves to entrench themselves.

UK Liberal Democrats pushing for PR for their own rise to prominence ...

Why would PAP want to change indeed :cool: !

hypocrite999

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes I agree fully on this, all single seats, seat to be determine by number of constituents, by election held within 1 month of sitting member resigning, died etc,,none of the current crap PAP keeps dishing out

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The pappies know that if they spread out the population and continue with the current system, they will always have 55% to 60% of the valid votes and probably 10 mps for every 10 wards contested.
If they go to a pr system, they will probably have 6 mps for every 10 wards contested.
Why would they want to change?

the 6 MPs for every 10 wards is based on the concept of entire proportional representation. I don't support entire PR because it break the link between the individual MP and the constituency.

The best system to me is Additional Member System ( Plurality + PR ) used by Japan/Taiwan/South Korea. There are many benefits of AMS compared to FPTP.

but yes, I accept that PAP under it's current leadership will not change the electoral system that gave them 95% of parliament
anyway if we change to a AMS system, PAP will still get 80-85% of parliament.

I support AMS system for it's advantages, not that it gave our oppositions more seats.