• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Mah Bow Tan Funds Opposition Election Campaign... Indirectly

Jack Neo

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are many who are applauding GMS for being willing to use SOME of the money from his flat sale to fund his election campaign. If he is indeed doing so, then I must commend him too.

But I would like raise just one SMALL point.

For quite a while, GMS has been railing against the runaway prices of HDB flats as part of his strategy to strike at MBT, ala the humorously named “minister-specific” strategy.

Currently HDB resale prices are very high, as indicated by the large quantum of COVs being offered or demanded. GMS blames the government (and MBT) for its foreigner/immigration policies that he says caused this escalation.

Since his family is overseas and he is staying with his aged mother, it makes good monetary sense to liquidate his four-room flat NOW. The house has probably been rented out or been left standing idle.

Ironically, he and his party are now BENEFICIARIES of the runaway HDB prices. Perhaps he should be thanking MBT for inadvertently creating the conditions such that his campaign can be better funded.
I just hope that by the time comes when he needs to buy a flat in Tampines SHOULD he become MP there, house prices would have reduced (or even burst). He can then pocket the difference.

However, when that happens, other flats owners would be cussing – since the prices of their fixed asset value would have dropped. It would be especially devastating for people who bought at the peak.

More specifically, the person (or clown) who is going to buy GMS’s flat will be a very angry person too.

What irony indeed!

http://www.facebook.com/notes/bryan...ion-election-campaign-indirectly/396568688976

Jack Neo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bryan Ti
In the TOC article by E-Jay, GMS says that leaders of "NSP should be willing to assist with the finances of their candidates."

Let's be clear about this : I am NOT unimpressed by what he is doing, and I am just highlighting the irony.

If the HDB prices did not appreciate, he and the NSP would be worse off. He could well have been paying for a loan (with interest) based on ZERO asset value appreciation.... See More

aurvandil

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bryan Ti
In the TOC article by E-Jay, GMS says that leaders of "NSP should be willing to assist with the finances of their candidates."

Let's be clear about this : I am NOT unimpressed by what he is doing, and I am just highlighting the irony.

If the HDB prices did not appreciate, he and the NSP would be worse off. He could well have been paying for a loan (with interest) based on ZERO asset value appreciation.... See More

Put it this way ... If Minister Mah didn't screw up Singapore's PUBLIC housing so badly, Goh Meng Seng might not feel the need to stand up and offer himself for election. Many people who have emerged recently to criticise the PAP are doing so because they have been doing a piss poor job of running Singapore.

gone4good

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes. If MBT manages to keep HDB prices under control, GMS will not need to run a campaign against him. MBT is the root cause. So why should GMS be thankful to him. Does this mean that all Singaporeans who had sold house should be thankful to MBT. What about those who had sold much earlier before the boom. Can they go to MBT and ask him to top up the differences. What about those who do not own any flat now or is thinking of buying one. Do you think they should thanks MBT too? Not forgetting that the core majority of people own a HDB flat purely for a shelter over their heads. Only the minority are directly benefiting from the high prices which are the speculators and the rich who have the cash to play and invest in properties

Z

Zombie

this argument is as expected... it is now burning slowly and will become uncontrollable when the election comes...

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
this argument is as expected... it is now burning slowly and will become uncontrollable when the election comes...

Dear Zombie,

It is within my calculations since Ramseth reveals this issue without my knowledge. But what the heck. I have an answer for it... just wait for the time to do it properly.

Goh Meng Seng

Z

Zombie

Dear Zombie,
It is within my calculations since Ramseth reveals this issue without my knowledge. But what the heck. I have an answer for it... just wait for the time to do it properly.
Goh Meng Seng

don't wait, blow it out of proportions now so that people get tired of it before the election is near... but do it carefully...

so many online supporters here, but where the hell are your strategists? :biggrin:

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
don't wait, blow it out of proportions now so that people get tired of it before the election is near... but do it carefully...

so many online supporters here, but where the hell are your strategists? :biggrin:

Must hold on first, let the enemy fire whatever they have then we go in for the kill. :wink:

Goh Meng Seng

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Dear Zombie,

Goh Meng Seng

You have such a friend????? be careful.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Tony, you always say "sinkie" complains and do nothing. Meng Seng is doing things. I'm helping him do things. Certain things I have to be entrusted with certain discretions. A battle can't be fought and won if officers keep asking generals everything before getting things done.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
i dun help sinkie, i just want to witness and enjoy their destruction. i take care of myself well by staying away from sinkies. (this is what i did, i take action)

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i dun help sinkie, i just want to witness and enjoy their destruction. i take care of myself well by staying away from sinkies.

Can't you see? We're trying to unsinkify this country. We're not talk only, we do things. It may well be a last shot if we fail, but we'll take the shot.

yellow_people

Alfrescian
Loyal

Something is not quite right here. When asked point blank why GMS couldn't speak for himself on sammyboy, Ramseth had this to say:

"He can of course, but he's busy. There're walkabouts to go around visiting residents on the grounds, understanding their problems etc. There're also some illogical figures provided by MND/HDB to figure out. That takes up lots of time. That's why he appointed me Personal Press Secretary (personal only, nothing to do with any party)."

http://sammyboy.com/showpost.php?p=446389&postcount=14

So is Ramseth lying when he said he was appointed "Personal Press Secretary" by GMS?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes indeed. Its tell you how silly the PAP is having painted itself in a corner with a policy that has gone all wrong.

Its shows GMS political acumen in hanging MBT and the PAP with a rope that they gave him. It reminded me of the old man who badly wanted the Chinese speaking votes and introduced Mandarin and somehow convinced them that it was their mother tongue. In the meantime he closed Nantah and he still got his votes.

In fact this is the 1st time that a member of the opposition is using a PAP policy to screw the PAP and it does not look pleasant.

Thanks for raising this as it helps highlight and educate voters how silly the PAP has become. When GMS first made known that HDB is an issue and he will face off Mah to make his point, the PAP failed to act on it. All we got were throw-away lines and threats from the old man about people homes becoming worthless and Mah telling us how he was raised by a single parent and grew up in a one room flat.

We need more people like you to highlight issues where the PAP is caught napping etc.

Ironically, he and his party are now BENEFICIARIES of the runaway HDB prices. Perhaps he should be thanking MBT for inadvertently creating the conditions such that his campaign can be better funded.[/B]
I just hope that by the time comes when he needs to buy a flat in Tampines SHOULD he become MP there, house prices would have reduced (or even burst). He can then pocket the difference.

What irony indeed!l]

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Dear Scroobal,

You are really SCARY! :wink:

Goh Meng Seng

Yes indeed. Its tell you how silly the PAP is having painted itself in a corner with a policy that has gone all wrong.

Its shows GMS political acumen in hanging MBT and the PAP with a rope that they gave him. It reminded me of the old man who badly wanted the Chinese speaking votes and introduced Mandarin and somehow convinced them that it was their mother tongue. In the meantime he closed Nantah and he still got his votes.

In fact this is the 1st time that a member of the opposition is using a PAP policy to screw the PAP and it does not look pleasant.

Thanks for raising this as it helps highlight and educate voters how silly the PAP has become. When GMS first made known that HDB is an issue and he will face off Mah to make his point, the PAP failed to act on it. All we got were throw-away lines and threats from the old man about people homes becoming worthless and Mah telling us how he was raised by a single parent and grew up in a one room flat.

We need more people like you to highlight issues where the PAP is caught napping etc.