• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Plastic Notes Shrink After Drying!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Posted on 16 Apr 2010
Help! $10 notes shrink after being in dryer. Will bank exchange it?

heat_from_dryer_shrunk_my_plastic_10dollar_bills-thumbnail.jpg

<SCRIPT type=text/javascript src="http://static.ak.connect.facebook.com/js/api_lib/v0.4/FeatureLoader.js.php/en_US"></SCRIPT><IFRAME class=FB_SERVER_IFRAME src="http://www.facebook.com/extern/login_status.php?api_key=94647dc2aba553f149d6f1f12f85ecc6&extern=2&channel=http%3A%2F%2Fsingaporeseen.stomp.com.sg%2Fxd_receiver.htm&locale=en_US" frameBorder=0 name=loginStatus scrolling=no></IFRAME>
<OBJECT id=flashXdComm name=flashXdComm classid=clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000 width=1 height=1 type=application/x-shockwave-flash>

</OBJECT>

<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> FB.init("94647dc2aba553f149d6f1f12f85ecc6", "/xd_receiver.htm"); function callPublish(title, articleLink, description, thumbnailLink, myemotion) { var message = "is '" + myemotion + "' about this STOMP story: "; var attachment = { 'name': title, 'href': articleLink, 'description': description, 'media': [{ 'type': 'image', 'src': thumbnailLink, 'href': articleLink}] }; FB.Connect.streamPublish(message, attachment); } function shortenURL(articleLink){ shortURLLink = ""; $.getJSON("http://json-tinyurI.appspot.com/?&callback=?", {url: articleLink}, function(data) { shortURLLink = eval(data).tinyurI; }); } </SCRIPT>
Enraged
1%

<!-- end mm_moodcontainer div -->
Shiok!
1%

LOL!
88%

So sad
2%

Sure or not?
2%

Bochup
6%

<!-- end mm_body div -->
<!-- end moodResultItem div -->
STOMPer Twist found that his $10 notes have shrunk after he accidentally left them in the dryer. The STOMPer wonders if the note will shrink from other sources of heat too, like a hot kitchen.

In the STOMPer's email to STOMP, the STOMPer wrote:

"I accidentally left two $10-bills in my jeans pocket and put them in the dryer.

"The heat from the dryer must have shrunk the plastic in the dollar bills.

"I wonder if I can still get them exchanged at the bank.

"Will they shrink the same way in other hot conditions, like a kitchen?"

20100416ssdpdollar2-data.jpg

Keywords: dollar notes , money

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
no shit
i place my trackshoe sole in the dryer to dry once.
but it shrink too
unusable after that.

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal
Next time burn the note and then go to the bank and ask whether to change the ashes to mint note. Tell cock and bull story first.

jw5

Loyal
Next time burn the note and then go to the bank and ask whether to change the ashes to mint note. Tell cock and bull story first.
Why doesn't he go and try and do the exchange at the bank first and then post on stomp?
At least he would be providing useful information and not asking a stupid question, to which he will be getting the answer to very soon.

allanlee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why doesn't he go and try and do the exchange at the bank first and then post on stomp?
At least he would be providing useful information and not asking a stupid question, to which he will be getting the answer to very soon.

The banks will not accept.
Stomper would have to go to Board of Currency where once they verify the notes are genuine and damaged........ they will replace the notes on 1 for 1 basis. :smile: