• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

EMIGRATION to Thai..... (land of smiles, land of stress-free, party)

pia

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm just keeping my options.. and Thailand is one of them. Invested in properties in BKK and Chiangmai. But retirement is still far away.. you never know, Indo or Cambodia may be paradises too in 10-120 years' time.

Hock

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have thot of migrating to the Fiji Islands. Lots of Koreans are doing that. Very cheap housing with beaches, totally stress free. But My future wife is a Thai, so I shall be migrating there soon. My main worry is my CPF. Just started a thread to seek advice.
Hopefully, Kind Brothers can enlighten me. Thanks !

I have been to Fiji Islands in the mid-80s, mainly Suva, a few times. It's not a paradise like what you saw on those grossy postcards. Granted, Fiji has a few resort islands with nice beaches. Political friction between the native Fijians and Fijians of East Indian origin constantly on the boil.

pia

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have been to Fiji Islands in the mid-80s, mainly Suva, a few times. It's not a paradise like what you saw on those grossy postcards. Granted, Fiji has a few resort islands with nice beaches. Political friction between the native Fijians and Fijians of East Indian origin constantly on the boil.

And the islands disappearing because of the rising sea levels..:eek:

suteerak1099

Alfrescian
Loyal
given the uncertainties of the screwed climate patterns, ie: flooding in china, monsoons/typhoons/hurricanes/tsunami in pacific rim... etc. i reckon gotta consider locations inlands and/or highlands... islands & peninsulas r too much risk.

pussyman72

Alfrescian
Loyal
lol i never know there is a topic on this. I planning to settle down in Chiangrai but that is only when i really old liao then i settle down at my hometown thoeng.

I still plan to do something so if i move over to thailand, i plan to stay in CNX first. anyway 1 bro of mine now base in CNX hehehe so at least can see each other often. :biggrin:

65er

Alfrescian
Loyal
Didn't realise that u r thinking of moving to Chiangmai. I shared my experience in your legacy forum as I bought a house in CM (check out "http://65er.blogspot.com/2007/09/back-from-chiang-mai-2.html")

Himerus

Alfrescian
Loyal
wow,look like LOS is one of the favourite country for brothers here.
can continue with their cheonging and bonking over there...hehe

C

Criminal

Have considered migrating to Thailand as well.

Life really sucks here.

I have done research and can contribute the following:

1) Application takes 3 yrs for approval/rejection

2) Best is to be able to speak the language

3) Need to work there for a few years (not sure of the exact number)

4) Just go to the police HQ at Rama 9 (hope I'm not mistaken) and apply. Application fee is about 5,600bht

I really feel like leaving right away if I can but unfortunately its not always that easy.

Hope guys with more experience and info can contribute here.

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
yup.. i have to migrate to thai quickly so that i can join in the street protest..:biggrin:

yup.. land of smiles..:biggrin: