• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

I met Dr Gupta, formerly from New Delhi, and his PRC wife

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE id=msgUN border=0 cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD id=msgUNsubj vAlign=top>
icon.aspx
Coffeeshop Chit Chat - of FTs and Scholarship</TD><TD id=msgunetc noWrap align=right> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=msgtable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="96%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msg vAlign=top><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgbfr1 width="1%"> </TD><TD><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead vAlign=top><TD class=msgF width="1%" noWrap align=right>From: </TD><TD class=msgFname width="68%" noWrap>EvoRalliart <NOBR></NOBR> </TD><TD class=msgDate width="30%" noWrap align=right>10:39 am </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT height=20 width="1%" noWrap align=right>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname width="68%" noWrap>ALL <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right> (1 of 1) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft rowSpan=4 width="1%"> </TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>31482.1 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgtxt>
Below was written by our FT Cow on FTs and Scholarships.
Not just docs and lawyers, even accountants don't necessarily come from NTU or SMU. Many FTs take ACCA to qualify.
Mar 29, 2010 , Posted by Ministry of Health at Monday, March 29, 2010
Last week, I had a delightful visit to the Clementi Polyclinic. It underwent a major renovation, enhanced the layout, expanded its capacity, started some new services, fully computerised its operation and turned paperless.
The many patients I spoke to confirmed to me that the renovation was worth the money. In particular, the Family Physician Clinic which looks after patients with chronic diseases, operates on an appointment system and hence no waiting, has expanded several fold to meet rising demand. They cost a few dollars more, as compared to the walk-in clinic, but are clearly popular with the patients.
At the polyclinic, I met Dr Gupta, formerly from New Delhi, and his wife, formerly from Anhui. He took an SIA Scholarship several years ago to study in Temasek JC and went on to study Medicine in NUS. His wife joined Nanyang Polytechnic for her nursing diploma education. Both met in NUH for the first time after they started working, got married, had two kids and all became Singaporeans a few years ago.
Their "made in Singapore" love story was published in TODAY.
But there is more to their story. Dr Gupta has 2 younger brothers, all doctors. One works in the SGH, and another, also works in Clementi Polyclinic, whom I got to chat with. He studied in a top medical school in New Delhi. I asked him how big was the class: he said 180. I asked him what happened to most them after graduation: he said half ended up in the US, treating Americans.
He too could have ended up in the US, but his brother was so positive about Singapore that he joined him here. He subsequently persuaded 5 of his ex-medical school classmates to also come here to work as doctors. They have all settled down well.
One SIA scholarship, in this case, led to 8 additional doctors for Singapore, with several already becoming Singaporeans and potentially a few more.
I say: well done, SQ, for a great landing!
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

toolanliao

Alfrescian
Loyal
He too could have ended up in the US, but his brother was so positive about Singapore that he joined him here. He subsequently persuaded 5 of his ex-medical school classmates to also come here to work as doctors. They have all settled down well.
One SIA scholarship, in this case, led to 8 additional doctors for Singapore, with several already becoming Singaporeans and potentially a few more.
I say: well done, SQ, for a great landing!

and he believe? hopefully one of those 8 will be operating on him or people close to him. :mad::oIo:

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
>>He too could have ended up in the US, but his brother was so positive about Singapore that he joined him here. He subsequently persuaded 5 of his ex-medical school classmates to also come here to work as doctors. They have all settled down well.<<

LAN jiao la! Can u believe the shit this type of ppl say?! :rolleyes:

yellow_people

Alfrescian
Loyal
Given as to how many Keling FT doctors there are today, Ah Beng might consider treating these Kelings with a little respect as they might afterall be operating on him or the people close to him in future. It is for Ah Beng's own good.

yellow people

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Given as to how many Keling FT doctors there are today, Ah Beng might consider treating these Kelings with a little respect as they might afterall be operating on him or the people close to him in future. It is for Ah Beng's own good.

Sucking your own smelly keling cocks again? Please don't deny the fact that they are more smelly and puny than others. :biggrin:

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal

U better be sucking up to more so called chinese ah bengs. Cos many of them are the bosses in Singapore. Oh I forgot... U mentioned u can't find job in Singapore right? :biggrin:

yellow_people

Alfrescian
Loyal
U better be sucking up to more so called chinese ah bengs. Cos many of them are the bosses in Singapore. Oh I forgot... U mentioned u can't find job in Singapore right? :biggrin:

It is the Chinese bosses, predominantly the SMEs that are hiring foreigners. BreadTalk and Din Tai Fung are just recent additions to the long list of companies on the fringe. With thinning margins and Ah Beng's lousy work attitude, these bosses are hardly to be blamed for wanting foreigners.

I run my own business now. No need to worry about retrenchments or pay cuts like the Beng brudders. :biggrin: