• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

One Single Reason

jw5

Loyal
Despite some unhappiness on the ground, I don't think the opposition parties will get more elected representatives into parliament, let alone win more than 50% of the votes.
I don't have respect for the typical singaporean voter.

Let's say if you had to think of one single reason that will allow the opposition parties to win more than 50% of the votes, what will it be?

Mine would be that the pap shuts down all outlets selling toto and 4D, while the opposition at the same time promises that they will reopen all of them if elected as the government.

What would your one single reason be?

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It is not easy to predict if oppositions will make some gains next GE because every constituency ( plurality ) is a individual battle in itself.

For example
If Strait Times release a opinion polls saying 70% of Singaporeans will vote for PAP. It is a indication that oppositions will face a tough battle but it still doesn't mean much because this is a parliamentary, not a president election.

jw5

Loyal
It is not easy to predict if oppositions will make some gains next GE because every constituency ( plurality ) is a individual battle in itself.

For example
If Strait Times release a opinion polls saying 70% of Singaporeans will vote for PAP. It is a indication that oppositions will face a tough battle but it still doesn't mean much because this is a parliamentary, not a president election.
Sure, understand your point.
But what would your one single reason be, that would turn the table on the pap?

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sure, understand your point.
But what would your one single reason be, that would turn the table on the pap?

Foreign Trash.

compared to last GE 5 years ago, FT have multiplied many times and everywhere on this small island.

The trash are taking away our youths place in university, our jobs, fucking our mei mei, causing social problems in society and many more. Basically our oppositions have to play smart, blame every bad things on the trash and tell Singaporeans that those rubbish are bought in by the govt. The peasants are really unhappy with FT, even PAP know that.

and that LHL on top of the high coins pile up picture will help too. :biggrin:

busdriver111

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi jw5,

I think your single reason truly encapsulates the reality of the typical Sg mindset.

My single reason is this - if only two wards are contested in the next GE : Potong Pasir and Hougang. Even that is not a guarantee as electoral boundaries can be re-drawn.

jw5

Loyal
Foreign Trash.

compared to last GE 5 years ago, FT have multiplied many times and everywhere on this small island.

The trash are taking away our youths place in university, our jobs, fucking our mei mei, causing social problems in society and many more. Basically our oppositions have to play smart, blame every bad things on the trash and tell Singaporeans that those rubbish are bought in by the govt. The peasants are really unhappy with FT, even PAP know that.

and that LHL on top of the high coins pile up picture will help too. :biggrin:
Bro Sideswipe
Thanks for your reply.
I agree that it's a reason, but I don't think it will be enough of a reason to turn the tables.
Basically our typical voter will not like too much ftrash around, but many of them will think that they are not personally affected that much and still end up voting pap.
That's why I said that I don't respect the typical singaporean voter and why I made the sarcastic remark that the one thing that may turn the tables is if they close the betting outlets. That is probably the only thing that will infuriate the uncles and aunties enough.

Last edited:

jw5

Loyal
Hi jw5,

I think your single reason truly encapsulates the reality of the typical Sg mindset.

My single reason is this - if only two wards are contested in the next GE : Potong Pasir and Hougang. Even that is not a guarantee as electoral boundaries can be re-drawn.
Thanks busdriver for your one single reason, but that reason is an impossibility.
Whereas closing all the betting outlets, while a very remote possibility, is not an impossibility.

allanlee

Alfrescian
Loyal
...... but I don't think it will be enough of a reason to turn the tables.
Basically our typical voter will not like too much ftrash around, but many of them will think that they are not personally affected that much and still end up voting pap.

Whatever reason it is I donch care anymore....... MY VOTE IS FOR THE OPPOSITION !! regardless of whether they are capable, average, lousy or f*cked up...... I've had it with the Pappies....... my only worry is that I wun have a chance to cast my vote.

Truth be said..... I do not think the opposition can win more than 50% and kick out the MIWs in this coming GE but I'll be more than satisfied if there is a reduction from 66.6% to 55% thereabouts. :smile: ....... at least it will show that more singkies are waking up. :smile:

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
All the opposition need to do is air a video clip of mrt filled with foreign trash at 830am, foreign trash going up on stage to take scholarships while local studets clap from below and littering problems caused by said species.

If still can't win, get ready to lubricate own ass and bend over for PAPpies!