• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Charm See Tong charms Bishan residents

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
President election is no issue, already couple of potential candidates.

Leong Sze Hian
Tan Kin Lian
Ngiam Tong Dow

I am sure many will stand up in time to come.

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
President election is no issue, already couple of potential candidates.
On a neutral note, the pay itself for a largely ceremonial job - the 3 miliion plus pay itself (not to mention other perks) is surely a great incentive - though nobody will openly admit it including people like Leong, Tan & Ngiam ... checked against the constitutional requirements, Ngiam & Tan's eligibility should not be a problem, Leong I am not so sure ....

zhugeliang

Alfrescian
Loyal
its time to tell OUR "ROTTEN CABINATE" that singaporean got enough of thier nonsence.... (expensive new hdb, high commerical rental, tell poor old sporean to stay in malaysia old folks home... etc)
pls put in more oppostion to cure our "termites infested CABINATE"

more opposition will makes these terminates open up thier ears and eyes to see that many sporean is SUFFERING because of their policy for the rich

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
On a neutral note, the pay itself for a largely ceremonial job - the 3 miliion plus pay itself (not to mention other perks) is surely a great incentive - ....

As Prez he can tell a certain old fart squatter that he's not welcome at the Istana :p

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Mr Rogue Trader, since 'pest buster' Scroobal gave up his moderator 'public service', chaps no, the whole eco-system of opponents & proponents bearing xxSDPxx nicks (e.g. CCB SDP, SDPhopeless etc) have made a spamming return ...
with kopitiam money collector taking a backseat, guess we can only put up ?! No ?!:mad:

can't be bother. everyone here already know their style. last time pretend to be Sdp to attack Wp. then accuse gms of adultery. now shift again and pretend to be CST supporter. yawn.

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
As Prez he can tell a certain old fart squatter that he's not welcome at the Istana :p
The more you say, the more I like the idea of Chiam as President.

Come think of it, when ex-Accountant-General Chua, a virtual unknown to this day, stood against Ong Teng Cheong, a popular Labor leader & ex-DPM, he actually got over 30% of the vote.

What more Chiam of Potong Pasir fame - 25 yrs as MP & known throughout the island !

I think chances of Chiam winning Presidential Election is better than fair !

Too bad only 1 Chiam, and he cannot be spared from the 'Opposition MP' duty :( They still need him to win GRC ....

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Come think of it, when ex-Accountant-General Chua, a virtual unknown to this day, stood against Ong Teng Cheong, a popular Labor leader & ex-DPM, he actually got over 30% of the vote.

That must have been a shocker for the PAP :smile:

Must give credit to Ong Teng Cheong for trying to do a good job even if it pitted him against the evil emperor.

That must be why the Prataman was brought in, a trusted "yes" man for the empire :rolleyes:

dysentry

Alfrescian
Loyal
I doubt he can win. People are scared their estate will become neglected like Potong Pasir. Bishan is enjoying record resale prices and the present residents don't wanna change that.

He can only have a chance if he stands in the same team with Sylvia and Jeya.

sadfcuk

Alfrescian
Loyal
I doubt he can win. People are scared their estate will become neglected like Potong Pasir. Bishan is enjoying record resale prices and the present residents don't wanna change that.

He can only have a chance if he stands in the same team with Sylvia and Jeya.

I think it's hard to say. People get tired of walkovers. They want change. Bishan is a young estate. That will be where most of the newer voters who want change will come from.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bishan is enjoying record resale prices and the present residents don't wanna change that.

Is the PAP responsible for the popularity of Bishan :confused:

The value of Bishan is its proximity to the city & good neighbourhood, Just next door is PAP controlled Angmo Kio & its not as good as Bishan. Its too big, difficult to get around within the estate, ....