• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Is 36 years of age too old to look for a job?

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, you have a point there. Depending on the "field" in IT. If you are a seasoned C/embedded coder, then there isn't much you can update on. For web, it changes like every 3 months or so. System and network, not really sure if you are an Admin, or does the heavy backbone stuff. These can be pretty relatively stable, knowledge wise. I suppose you should evaluate your skill sets before deciding going back to IT would be your best options.

Wow got Hons degree u go work cab driver?! Hmm...i think will be tough for you as you job hop and employers usually detest that as they may wonder why you can't hold on to a job. Another factor against you is that you may be out of touch with regards to the technology right now.

I guess you should try to go for a temporary junior position. Build up and get up to date knowledge first.

allanlee

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am thinking of going back into programming;even if pple dun employ me, i still can freelance. I haven't touched programming for 10 years already,looks like I have to build my fort from scratch again!

How's your hacking stills? My PI friend is looking for some tech savvy people for his IT dept....... job mainly to test security systems and retrieve information........ pay renumerate with skill level and experience....... you will be based in a neighbouring country...... interested?

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
How's your hacking stills? My PI friend is looking for some tech savvy people for his IT dept....... job mainly to test security systems and retrieve information........ pay renumerate with skill level and experience....... you will be based in a neighbouring country...... interested?

Wow this forum not bad leh. Can talk cock and yet still got job lobangs. I am looking for an MPee position in my neighbourhood. Any lobangs?

Jabba

Alfrescian
Loyal
State your qualifications and work experience la. Otherwise how to advise? I thought drive taxi v good? Everytime hear cab drivers say $3-5k per mth no problem

let's do abit of maths...

Let rental per day be $100

Therefore rental per month is $100X30 = $3000

Let net earnings be $3000

Therefore rental plus earnings = $3000+$3000=$6000
Let fuel cost be a 20% of gross total...which is $1200...
rental + earnings + fuel = $7200
Gross earnings needed per day = $7200/30 = $240

How many hours does a taxi driver need to drive to earn $240 per day, 7 days a week? If he rest for a single day...he needs $480 the next day to cover his off day...or at least $340 to help cover the rental...

Angelo

Alfrescian
Loyal
What a good waste of a professional degree.

i knew lots of ppl over 36 without a degree and yet doing skilled jobs at a high pay.

whats wrong with u man?

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Where should I start? I was in a state of despair and got so tired with working life. I know it sounds silly but let me tell you a bit of my story. Believ it or not, I was working in STE then,until that bastard son Ho Kum Hean played bastard, got harrassed. He is the son of some great ISD bastard and is acting as a SS in STE. I always tell myself thast if I see him on the streets, I will want to get even with him.
That time, just separated with my wife. Very messy! I tried seeking help from my MP but there was no help at all. Until today, I still feel very bitter of the way I was treated. :mad:

What a good waste of a professional degree.

i knew lots of ppl over 36 without a degree and yet doing skilled jobs at a high pay.

whats wrong with u man?

Last edited:

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Where should I start? I was in a state of despair and got so tired with working life. I know it sounds silly but let me tell you a bit of my story. Believ it or not, I was working in STE then,until that bastard son Ho Kum Hean played bastard, got harrassed. He is the son of some great ISD bastard and is acting as a SS in STE. I always tell myself thast if I see him on the streets, I will want to get even with him.
That time, just separated with my wife. Very messy! I tried seeking help from my MP but there was no help at all. Until today, I still feel very bitter of the way I was treated. :mad:

http://professor76.blogspot.com/2005/08/monday-i-am-on-leave-today-meeting-up.html

Blog of Ho Kum Hean. He is a professor wor!

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
You seem to be still having problems with your past. Maybe its time to move on. Holding on to what happen before maybe whats stopping you.

STUCK_HERE

Alfrescian
Loyal
For a technical degree like Engineering, 36 years old is too old to look for a job. The sinkie employer won't take you because they will look at your track record. Since, you don't have wife and kids, I think its ok to continue to be self-employed. Just avoid those people who look down on taxi drivers lah, you don't have to go near them what. Life is a lonely sport, so whats wrong with not going to meet people who look down on taxi?

middaydog

Alfrescian
Loyal
Where should I start?

may be you can start here, then let us know whether you make it

"An import export company seeks remote employees.
Our company specializes in marketing and selling of the various products on the Internet and our goal is to connect sellers and buyers
for various products online thus assuring the best possible outcome for the both parties involved.
Being foreign company makes it harder to manage sales transactions with US customers,
thus we are looking for support of regional customer service representative.
The main duties include receiving and making payments on client's behalf, managing the preparation and distribution
for expected transactions and ensuring accuracy and promptness of payments and reports.
Number of expected transactions per week: from 2-3 (at the beginning of work) to 5-7 (after the first probation month).

Benefits:
1. Base salary(after a month evaluation period), commissions + monthly bonuses
2. All banking and cellphone expenses covered
3. Earnings in addition to your current job
4. No need to sell anything or look for customers

Requirements:
1. Mobile and stationary phone
2. Access to e-mail via Internet or mobile phone
3. Minimum age: 25
4. Bank account

If you are interested in this job offer, please send the your free form application to:
[email protected]

I'll answer you as soon as possible."

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hey, i have received these emails before,seems like some money laundering scheme!no joke.

may be you can start here, then let us know whether you make it

"An import export company seeks remote employees.
Our company specializes in marketing and selling of the various products on the Internet and our goal is to connect sellers and buyers
for various products online thus assuring the best possible outcome for the both parties involved.
Being foreign company makes it harder to manage sales transactions with US customers,
thus we are looking for support of regional customer service representative.
The main duties include receiving and making payments on client's behalf, managing the preparation and distribution
for expected transactions and ensuring accuracy and promptness of payments and reports.
Number of expected transactions per week: from 2-3 (at the beginning of work) to 5-7 (after the first probation month).

Benefits:
1. Base salary(after a month evaluation period), commissions + monthly bonuses
2. All banking and cellphone expenses covered
3. Earnings in addition to your current job
4. No need to sell anything or look for customers

Requirements:
1. Mobile and stationary phone
2. Access to e-mail via Internet or mobile phone
3. Minimum age: 25
4. Bank account

If you are interested in this job offer, please send the your free form application to:
[email protected]

I'll answer you as soon as possible."

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
hey,amazing! this is the guy I am talking about! don't be fooled by his "gong gong" face! He is really a fucking bastard! Btw, the 2nd time when an ex-boss from STE asked me to go back,he was unhappy showed on his deceitful face. Apparently, he stabbed me until bleed, i think. :mad:

http://professor76.blogspot.com/

About Me

Name: professor

I see myself as intellectual...

(Anyone who sees themselves as 'intellectual' is probably an asshole.)

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
krafty, since this 'Ho Kum Hean' guy is also a blogger, you think he is also in this forum to continue harassing you ? .... surely he can recognize who krafty is from all your revelations ..... :biggrin:

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
bro, frankly, it is very obvious! Btw, when I said I was being harrassed,it was him and other suspected SS,imagine how does it feel like being booted out of reservist as well.
They screwed up my life thoroughly and I was hoping for his further actions, so that there will be truth to what I said and not making things up.

krafty, since this 'Ho Kum Hean' guy is also a blogger, you think he is also in this forum to continue harassing you ? .... surely he can recognize who krafty is from all your revelations ..... :biggrin: