• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Is 36 years of age too old to look for a job?

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
State your qualifications and work experience la. Otherwise how to advise? I thought drive taxi v good? Everytime hear cab drivers say $3-5k per mth no problem

boring

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hopefully,some HR practitioners can advise on this,thanks!

HR practitioners a bunch of asshole! u ask those species for advice or advise? they will screw u up side down. in tis shitland 36yrs old is much expiry age, conti drive ur taxi, drive hard, eat well, exercise hard u will see ur sunshine one day...

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
BEng(Hons) EEE;
Worked in IT and Electronics firms before;I am a job hopper:wink:

Taxi driving is good but I feel there is a need to change my lifestyle,and i dun like to be scorned at for driving a cab.
Frankly, when i took to driving, there were many circumstances leading to it.

State your qualifications and work experience la. Otherwise how to advise? I thought drive taxi v good? Everytime hear cab drivers say $3-5k per mth no problem

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
no, but due to ready access to cheap and young labour from foreign countries, and PAP sanction that practise. It is very hard for sinkies to find jobs at 36.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am thinking of going back into programming;even if pple dun employ me, i still can freelance. I haven't touched programming for 10 years already,looks like I have to build my fort from scratch again!

manokie

Alfrescian
Loyal
BEng(Hons) EEE;

Taxi driving is good but I feel there is a need to change my lifestyle,and i dun like to be scorned at for driving a cab.

start ur own biz bro..
and hire those FT.. give them very low pay coz they are so hardworking..
make sure u put advertisement on classified indicating that u want only a certain race to apply for ur job.. then a lot of hype will be generated for ur new business and u get more biz

do u wanna move from IT or EE industry to a new one???
i heard the EE industry is going to disappear soon in sg.. is that true??

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
EE industry won't disappear but there are lots of China EE Engrs(cheaper,better and faster).

Believe it or not, my friend who was retrenched from Motorola last year joined EDB under a scheme where there is no CPF contribution, only basic salary. Can you believe that CPF is mandatory yet under governement sponsorship,they can just scrap off the CPF contribution just like that! Amazing,isn't it!:eek:

start ur own biz bro..
and hire those FT.. give them very low pay coz they are so hardworking..
make sure u put advertisement on classified indicating that u want only a certain race to apply for ur job.. then a lot of hype will be generated for ur new business and u get more biz

do u wanna move from IT or EE industry to a new one???
i heard the EE industry is going to disappear soon in sg.. is that true??

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hopefully,some HR practitioners can advise on this,thanks!
How ? did you visit Suntec JobsDB show like you said you might yesterday ?

I was there .... security uncle at entrance told me Sat & Sun so much little crowd .... only 1st day Friday the Top 4 Martial Arts Gang came in droves :- they are Indian Gang, China Gang, Pinoy Gang & the Burmese Gang .... according to the uncle ...:p

It's true, I saw quiet crowd of 40% of normal IT show crowd .... really to my surprise .... 1st day impression thought would be crowded throughout but no....

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
yes, i was there yesterday. went around the booths in short 15 mins, saw resort world,dbs and some insurance booths that caught my eye.
Others are there to hoodwink you to enroll in their education or get rich scheme like T3B. Overall, i think they are catered for Diploma and other certs holders. Besides,there were also many foreigners job hunting also. I dun think I will go to such bull shit fair anymore.:rolleyes:

How ? did you visit Suntec JobsDB show like you said you might yesterday ?

I was there .... security uncle at entrance told me Sat & Sun so much little crowd .... only 1st day Friday the Top 4 Martial Arts Gang came in droves :- they are Indian Gang, China Gang, Pinoy Gang & the Burmese Gang .... according to the uncle ...:p

It's true, I saw quiet crowd of 40% of normal IT show crowd .... really to my surprise .... 1st day impression thought would be crowded throughout but no....

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
BEng(Hons) EEE;

You too shameful to face the busybodies whom you know and pick up...you know ah!, that Mrs... Ah boy the how lian one got BEng Hons someone..drving taxi...serve him right!:biggrin: or all the girls you have 'suan'...Hi! Bridget..and you want to melt!:biggrin: or all those whom you have boasted about your credentials...while having a tipper in a PUB!!..:biggrin:

You do not sound like onw who is that hungey & have to dig in his spur...if you are hungry & need the income...cleaning latrines..would be an option & circumstances you can not avoid..

Not Hungry & no need to kick in your spurs....:rolleyes:

cowbellc

Alfrescian
Loyal
BEng(Hons) EEE;

if u cannot stand at for being scorned at for driving a cab, what makes u think u can stand when u start from scratch? having to put up with people who are junior in age but senior in position? putting up a brave but humble front when being scorned by nowadays arrogant youngsters?

changing mindset and attitude is the key.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mate whats your job experience in IT? Embedded? Database? customer service? Web? There are many "fields" in IT. It depends on what kind of IT you want.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hi,you guys won't understand how it is like when your own friends and family frown on you when i told them I am driving a cab.

I am ok being scorned by someone junior and higher in position.

if u cannot stand at for being scorned at for driving a cab, what makes u think u can stand when u start from scratch? having to put up with people who are junior in age but senior in position? putting up a brave but humble front when being scorned by nowadays arrogant youngsters?

changing mindset and attitude is the key.

boring

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi,you guys won't understand how it is like when your own friends and family frown on you when i told them I am driving a cab.

I am ok being scorned by someone junior and higher in position.

wat's wrong driving a cab? do u owe them money? if not why worry. a whinning ass like u go where also the same, being screw up side down!

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
BEng(Hons) EEE;

Wow got Hons degree u go work cab driver?! Hmm...i think will be tough for you as you job hop and employers usually detest that as they may wonder why you can't hold on to a job. Another factor against you is that you may be out of touch with regards to the technology right now.

I guess you should try to go for a temporary junior position. Build up and get up to date knowledge first.