• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The Water Margin

Wang Ye

Alfrescian
Loyal
sorry bro...

just to make a point not to "pollute" this discussion with other non-relevant "persons" haha...

Hahaha true. We better get back to topic.

All the same Wu Yong really screw Lu Junyi good with his plan. Poor fellow had it all and just because they needed someone of some fame they blacken his name and ruined his otherwise happy life.

Yang Zhi also another poor sod who got screwed because of Chao Gai and gang.

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
水浒传人物及外号(按出场顺序)

1 九纹龙 史进(史家庄少庄主) ......
108 紫髯伯 皇甫端(兽医)

Just when we are struggling with PinYin names & fading memories, bro po2wq came out with the 108 Chinese Names complete with their nicknames ...... Up you lah !

For a moment, I tot I am reading the name of Opp candidates for the coming GE .... steady poon pee pee , 108 heroes to enter GRC or SMC ! :cool:

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
People remember this by the author 王泽 of 老夫子 fame & his spoof
水虎传 ?

Really funny, remember reading them in the barber shops ...

LaoFuZi & his gang went back to Song Dynasty by Time Machine by accident. Saw that WuSong was a coward, he was drunk, didn't really kill the tiger, tiger in fact was shot by gun by LaoFuZi ....

Damn Funny One .... LOLsuddenly recalling this ....:biggrin:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Does any one of you remembers the "The Water Margin" series of the comics "lau Fu Chi"..where 'lau', 'big potato'..and company was transported back in time...I enjoyed the series very much..

When I was young, I got brave, rented the entire books ( can't remember how many) in CHINESE for a week, and tried reading them bravely in Chinese...I was sweating more than reading...as I have to cracked my brain to find the meaning of some words & using the Chinese Dictionery..then the Chinese to English dictionery...and eventually gave up....

There was no multimedia back then...it was brainwork, finger work...more like blood, sweat & tears... ha ha ha

At least, I tried!!

balajii

Alfrescian
Loyal
Does any one of you remembers the "The Water Margin" series of the comics "lau Fu Chi"..where 'lau', 'big potato'..and company was transported back in time...I enjoyed the series very much..

At least, I tried!!

yes!! hahaha. thanks for bringing it up.

i remember lending that series for my neighbour. i think its like 3 or 4 books in that series. damn good.:smile:

Wang Ye

Alfrescian
Loyal
People remember this by the author 王泽 of 老夫子 fame & his spoof
水虎传 ?

Really funny, remember reading them in the barber shops ...

LaoFuZi & his gang went back to Song Dynasty by Time Machine by accident. Saw that WuSong was a coward, he was drunk, didn't really kill the tiger, tiger in fact was shot by gun by LaoFuZi ....

Damn Funny One .... LOLsuddenly recalling this ....:biggrin:

You bet! Got book 1,2 and 4. Still missing 3. :(

In fact, it was even made into a movie. The movie only covers book 1 and 2. Damn funny.

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bro halsey, so uncanny to recall the same thing hor :biggrin:

Hee hee, i beat you to it by 4 minutes ....

'The Big Tapioca' so funny, together wif LaoFuZi went back in time to kar-cheow the Water Margin Heroes ...... bloody funny ! :cool:

balajii

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro halsey, so uncanny to recall the same thing hor :biggrin:

Hee hee, i beat you to it by 4 minutes ....

'The Big Tapioca' so funny, together wif LaoFuZi went back in time to kar-cheow the Water Margin Heroes ...... bloody funny ! :cool:

i remember all 3 of them playing soccer with 'gao qiu'.

last time i was thinking, sure or not, ancient china got soccer meh. now i know i was wrong lah. soccer invented in china somemore.:p

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Fucking hell ! They have it on Youtube some more .. LOL !<object height="295" width="480">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ojTrRinF19Q&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="295" width="480"></object>

Wang Ye

Alfrescian
Loyal
i remember all 3 of them playing soccer with 'gao qiu'.

last time i was thinking, sure or not, ancient china got soccer meh. now i know i was wrong lah. soccer invented in china somemore.:p

Chinese football. Gao Qiu was a very good player. Originally he was just a servant under the Prince Consort. By chance he was sent to delivery a set of jade lions to the Prince consort's brother-in-law the future emperor. At that time the prince was having a game and the ball came to Gao Qiu's direction. Instinctively he intercepted the ball and impressed the prince so much that he asked to have him transferred to his household.

When the prince became emperor Gao Qiu was made Grand Marshal.

Wang Ye

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fucking hell ! They have it on Youtube some more .. LOL !<object height="295" width="480">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ojTrRinF19Q&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="295" width="480"></object>

Good find and in cantonese too! :biggrin:

jw5

Loyal
Our story begins with my master Wang Jin who in order to escape harm from the villian Gao Qiu fled to Shi family village at Huayin county. As my master's old mother fell ill due to travelling they stayed for a time at my father's manor.

By chance my master saw me practicing with a staff and exclaimed good staff-play but not good enough to win in a real fight. My first reaction was one of anger for I was taught by top martial artists! (turns out those rat bastards were all con-jobs :mad: ). Naturally I issued a challenge and got my ass-kicked :p . My father then proposed to my master to take me as his disciple and he accepted. He then trained me in all 18 weapons and upon completion he felt it was time to go :( He also told me of the feud between Gao Qiu and him. Turns out it was all because my master's father once gave Gao Qiu a trashing with the staff! :mad:

Then after some time my father passed away and I was left in charge of the manor :( Sob sob...

To be continued later... :biggrin:
I up your points because you are willing to tell your story.
But less of the funny faces please. :smile:
Please also up my points for starting this wonderful thread. :smile:

jw5

Loyal
hmm..so happen I just happened to finish reading the story.

my favorite? The adviser - Wu Xue Jiu 吴学究...just like ZhuGe Liang.

Li Kui 李逵 is the rash bugger who has only brawn no brains but fiercely loyal.

the only regret is, the 4 evil ministers still survive happily at the story end - then again, this is a story based on historical facts - cannot make them die (just like Sanguo Yanyi 三国演义) have to follow the actual history.

Xi Men Qing 西门庆 is just a small character lah. I now reading 金瓶梅 where he is the lead character. haha.

actually what makes 水浒传 one of the classics is that each of the 108 characters have a story and how they end up being a rebel. In fact,its not 108 stories because some of them join the gang in groups after initially being defeated as robbers or things like that.

nice story nonetheless.
Bro amoeba

I don't remember this guy Wu Xue Jiu in the game as one of the bandits.
Can anyone help me to recall?

Shi Jin

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro amoeba

It's none other than Wu Yong. Just as Song Jiang is styled Gongming, Wu Yong is styled Xuejiu.

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bro amoeba

Dunno abt the game, but in the book, this Wu Xue Jiu is better known as Wu Yong, the 'intellectual' advisor, the strategist always advising Song Jiang, remember now ? :smile:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You bet! Got book 1,2 and 4. Still missing 3. :(

In fact, it was even made into a movie. The movie only covers book 1 and 2. Damn funny.

I know someone from way back then, who buys every issue of Lau Fu Zi in the A4 size format...I use to read every issue from him, for he read every issue of my MAD magazine...

He still have the Lau Fu Zi's..I lost my MAD Magazines...:mad: , and guards them now like 'imperial treasures'..for they are njow Priceless..including the "the water margin series'..evern much more priceles...maybe we can break into the 'imperial palace' to steal them!:biggrin:

Anyway...we had to read the Chinese classics way back then , Water Margin Included....and the 'ywllow books' as we got cultured..CHINESE CULTURE!!!:biggrin:

jw5

Loyal
Thanks bro Shi Jin and Elephanto

I remember Wu Yong in the game.
Good player and a clever type, able to create magic but not a strong fighter.