• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Beach Rd shop selling rifle parts...

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
黄金熟食中心内非法卖步枪零件 男女店主双双被捕

<!-- END story title --><!-- story -->
20100319_yueru_gun_img_main.jpg
警方在店里进行搜索。(图/TNP)

<!-- END main picture holder --><!--to display ads--><SCRIPT language=JavaScript1.2 type=text/javascript src="/global/common/inc/ads/article.js"></SCRIPT>

<!--end storyleft-->

<!--this div is used to display blurb top profile and user rating--><!-- This part is blurb content-->零件组装后,可变成步枪。更多内容,请参阅19.03.2010的《联合晚报》。

<!--end base-->
<!--end rdcorner_capsule border_grey-->
<!--end border-->
<!--end storyhighlight--><!-- ~RENDER PAGE MARKER~ --><!-- CONTENT : start -->店主在美芝路的一熟食中心内非法售卖步枪零件,昨日双双被捕。
警方昨日下午3时许,在黄金熟食中心(Golden Mile Food Centre)逮捕一名61岁男性和55岁女性嫌犯。警方发言人说,两人涉嫌在营业期间无照售卖枪械零件,如撞针(firing pin)等。
警方花费约1小时在嫌犯位于该熟食中心3楼的店里搜索,发现店里堆满露营用品和军事装备,如折刀(pocket knife)、背包、军事服装等,无奇不有。搜索完毕,警方为两名嫌犯铐上手铐,带上警车。
一名临近商店的36岁店主透露,该店已营业约20年时间。除了这家,该熟食中心3楼还有约20家商店。
这并非警方第一次在该熟食中心进行搜索。
警方说,国防部(Mindef)和警方早前也曾联合进行搜索。一名男性店主也因非法拥有M16型步枪杂志,于2006年在庭上被控,被判坐牢6星期。
黄金熟食中心是许多人为买军事装备而光顾的地方。头盔、靴子等都可在那里找到,物品应有尽有。
据了解,只要出价高,M16型步枪的所有重要零件也可买到。如果缺货,客人还可预定。
<!-- CONTENT : end --><!-- ~RENDER PAGE MARKER~ -->
<!--end storybody-->
<!--end storybox-->

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
talk cock not every parts can buy la. the body is not possible. the firing pins and the bolts and maybe the muzzle

G

General Veers

Two arrested at Beach Road shop which sold rifle parts
'Illegal rifle part sold out? Order from me'

By Gan Ling Kai and Lim Wei Li
March 19, 2010

A man and a woman were arrested yesterday at the Golden Mile Shopping Centre for selling parts of a rifle.

The raid started at about 3.35pm, and police spent about an hour searching the shop, which is on the third level.

If the price is right, it appears everything from a rifle firing pin to a bolt carrier – essential parts of the powerful M16 rifle – can be made available.

The New Paper first became aware of the illegal trade after a posting on Stomp. One netizen claiming to be an NSman said he was willing to sell his military gear for quick cash.

A police spokesman said Mindef and the police have conducted joint raids at the food centre previously.

A male stallholder was charged in court in 2006 for fraudulent possession of M16 magazines and was jailed six weeks.

G

General Veers

Beach Road shop offers The New Paper team illegal items
Rifle parts can be bought...if the price is right

By A Special Correspondent
March 19, 2010

At least two shops at the Golden Mile Food Centre were selling rifle components, The New Paper team found out two weeks ago.

At the start, it seemed that claims made on Stomp about weapons parts being easily available there could have been an exaggeration.

But The New Paper team managed to find a firing pin within 10 minutes at the place, known for selling military supplies.

A stallholder had eight or nine firing pins for sale, and wanted $70 for each one.

Blank attachments and retaining pins were also available for $12 and $1 respectively.

Another shallholder who sold the controlled items told The New Paper team that shopkeepers at the market usually sell the rifle components to customers who are alone.

He refused to say who his suppliers were, but indicated that they were local.

While it appeared that there was a limit on what was available, the second proprietor said he can secure the parts in about a week if an order is put in.

blackmore

Alfrescian
Loyal

By A Special Correspondent
March 19, 2010

At least two shops at the Golden Mile Food Centre were selling rifle components, The New Paper team found out two weeks ago.

At the start, it seemed that claims made on Stomp about weapons parts being easily available there could have been an exaggeration.

But The New Paper team managed to find a firing pin within 10 minutes at the place, known for selling military supplies.

A stallholder had eight or nine firing pins for sale, and wanted $70 for each one.

Blank attachments and retaining pins were also available for $12 and $1 respectively.

Another shallholder who sold the controlled items told The New Paper team that shopkeepers at the market usually sell the rifle components to customers who are alone.

He refused to say who his suppliers were, but indicated that they were local.

While it appeared that there was a limit on what was available, the second proprietor said he can secure the parts in about a week if an order is put in.

Hic ! I thought this has been old news years back and now it resurface again.

Its a bloody joke anyway, a retaining pin can be bought at specific hardware shops in Singapore and just because it has been designated as a controlled item everything is illegal.

To add insult to everyone is that blank attachment can be manufacturer at any workshop as long they have the necessary machines.

Now firing pin being sold openly is new to me. I do find those stall owner enterprising in offering almost anything to NSMen. They give new meaning to the term one-stop solution centre.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
for scum of the universe pap reporters, anything that are not approved by harry lee are illegal.

HongKanSeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
黄金熟食中心内非法卖步枪零件 男女店主双双被捕

<!-- END story title --><!-- story -->
20100319_yueru_gun_img_main.jpg
警方在店里进行搜索。(图/TNP)

<!-- END main picture holder --><!--to display ads--><SCRIPT language=JavaScript1.2 type=text/javascript src="/global/common/inc/ads/article.js"></SCRIPT>

<!--end storyleft-->

<!--this div is used to display blurb top profile and user rating--><!-- This part is blurb content-->零件组装后,可变成步枪。更多内容,请参阅19.03.2010的《联合晚报》。

<!--end base-->
<!--end rdcorner_capsule border_grey-->
<!--end border-->
<!--end storyhighlight--><!-- ~RENDER PAGE MARKER~ --><!-- CONTENT : start -->店主在美芝路的一熟食中心内非法售卖步枪零件,昨日双双被捕。
警方昨日下午3时许,在黄金熟食中心(Golden Mile Food Centre)逮捕一名61岁男性和55岁女性嫌犯。警方发言人说,两人涉嫌在营业期间无照售卖枪械零件,如撞针(firing pin)等。
警方花费约1小时在嫌犯位于该熟食中心3楼的店里搜索,发现店里堆满露营用品和军事装备,如折刀(pocket knife)、背包、军事服装等,无奇不有。搜索完毕,警方为两名嫌犯铐上手铐,带上警车。
一名临近商店的36岁店主透露,该店已营业约20年时间。除了这家,该熟食中心3楼还有约20家商店。
这并非警方第一次在该熟食中心进行搜索。
警方说,国防部(Mindef)和警方早前也曾联合进行搜索。一名男性店主也因非法拥有M16型步枪杂志,于2006年在庭上被控,被判坐牢6星期。
黄金熟食中心是许多人为买军事装备而光顾的地方。头盔、靴子等都可在那里找到,物品应有尽有。
据了解,只要出价高,M16型步枪的所有重要零件也可买到。如果缺货,客人还可预定。
<!-- CONTENT : end --><!-- ~RENDER PAGE MARKER~ -->
<!--end storybody-->
<!--end storybox-->

Must be SPH's 3rd class Ah Beng report.

Can fucking call a M-16 magazine M16型步枪杂志.

Stupid jokers! Really First World!

Never heard of 弹匣 or what?

山龟 Know what that is?
:biggrin:

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
i was thinking why was that fellow arrested for a real readable magazine. did not realised its that magazine he is referring to

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal
i was thinking why was that fellow arrested for a real readable magazine. did not realised its that magazine he is referring to

... and you thought the firing "pin" referred to the safety pin that you use when your zipper decided to give way???

.... and the "cap" was something you'll use for a one-night stand???

.... and the "blanks" was what appeared on your face when you first read about the "magazine"???

C

Cao Pi

... and you thought the firing "pin" referred to the safety pin that you use when your zipper decided to give way???

.... and the "cap" was something you'll use for a one-night stand???

.... and the "blanks" was what appeared on your face when you first read about the "magazine"???

I didn't know a kuniang like you has served AntAss. :biggrin:

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

Its a bloody joke anyway, a retaining pin can be bought at specific hardware shops in Singapore and just because it has been designated as a controlled item everything is illegal.

To add insult to everyone is that blank attachment can be manufacturer at any workshop as long they have the necessary machines.

Now firing pin being sold openly is new to me. I do find those stall owner enterprising in offering almost anything to NSMen. They give new meaning to the term one-stop solution centre.

Fucking PAP is a joke. Lose billions of dollars is not illegal woh. But possession of firing pin is? Most of these firing pins are not Mil-Spec anyway. They will probably break after repeated use. As for blank attachments, this is going on for a long time. U can tell which is the real and fake blank attachments in the armskote. The fake ones actually perform just as well. retaining pin is outlawed is also a joke.

The things that should be illegal are barrels and ammo. U can't do anything without these 2.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Must be SPH's 3rd class Ah Beng report.

Can fucking call a M-16 magazine M16型步枪杂志.

Stupid jokers! Really First World!

Never heard of 弹匣 or what?

山龟 Know what that is?
:biggrin:

The article is written by Fucked Talent (FT) from PRC mah. How they know what is the chinese word for mag? They never tang peng before. Like they will hire a real NSmen to write this stuff?

zuoom

Alfrescian
Loyal
i think there's real concern when using of non military issued item on the rifle.

strength, reliability comes to mind. which boils down to safety and accountability.

also, how would anyone lose their firing pin?
after dissemble the bolt carrier, cleaning, assemble, back into the rifle. it would take losing the whole rifle to lose that pin.

IMG_0781.jpg

unless the fellow lose it while cleaning??

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
also, how would anyone lose their firing pin?

It happened to me :eek:
Lost a bolt & not pin.

During the 1st month of basic my neighbour who was one of those gabra type lost his bolt. He panicked & stole my bolt.

When the lost was discovered a search was conducted they found the bolt in his cupboard. They didn't charge the idiot but I was very careful with my things & only had a water bottle stolen :biggrin:

You meet all kinds of people in NS. :rolleyes:

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
This lobang will save many a NSman his skin and allows him to replace the lost parts without getting charged or even court marshalled. No statements to sign. Wish all these were available during my time.

Hey, anybody can still get hold of thunderflashes?

Frankiestine

Alfrescian
Loyal

Most probably the buyers are ah peng kia who lost some rifle parts goes there and buy these replacements. For all you know, maybe the part they lost were stolen from them in the first place and sold in these shops...

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal

In ST Kinetics firing pin is machined in a single pass by screw lathes .... as was the case with CIS decades ago.