• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

CSJ : " Chiam ST is intolerance and not democratic"

Janet

SINGAPORE Democratic Party (SDP) chief Chee Soon Juan has addressed two often controversial issues that have shadowed him: whether he gets funds from foreign sources, and his role in Mr Chiam See Tong's exit from the party.

He spoke on these issues in an interview that LianHe Zaobao published yesterday in conjunction with the SDP's 30th anniversary.

In it, he acknowledged that he received some funds from foreign sources for research work, and played down his role in Mr Chiam's departure from the party in 1993.

Asked about how he supported his family, he told the Chinese-language daily that his income was mainly from the sale of his books and occasional financial assistance from friends and family.

'We live a simple life, and I invest the extra resources in the fight for democracy,' said Dr Chee, who lives in a three-room HDB flat in Toa Payoh with his wife and three children.

He was declared a bankrupt in February 2006 after failing to pay $500,000 in damages to Senior Minister Goh Chok Tong and Minister Mentor Lee Kuan Yew for defaming them during the 2001 General Election.

In the article, the interviewer asked him about rumours that he had been able to engage in civil disobedience and other activities here because he received financing from foreign donors.

The article said that, after much probing, he replied: 'I am an academic, and will occasionally receive research funding from overseas. I have written award-winning books, and have taken part in overseas research programmes.'

But Dr Chee did not say what the research entailed. All he would say was: 'Maybe research like human behaviour.':rolleyes:

As for Mr Chiam's exit from the SDP, Dr Chee said that he tried to persuade the Potong Pasir MP to stay on - contrary to the view that he had a role in driving Mr Chiam out.

Said Dr Chee: 'The meeting where he resigned from the SDP was held at my home. I went to his office a few times in the following month to ask him to withdraw his resignation and told him he was still regarded as our leader.'

He said it was Mr Chiam's intolerance of dissenting views which ultimately led to the split.

'Even in the eyes of (SDP) leaders like Ling How Doong, Chiam See Tong's leadership was indisputable. However, we hoped he could be more democratic when doing things,' he added.

'I bear no grudges against Chiam See Tong and even attended the dinner to mark his 25th year as an MP. I would greet him if we happen to meet.'

The SDP chief also said that while he may not be chummy with other opposition leaders, he keeps in contact with them and follows the rules of the game to avoid three-cornered fights.

When the subject of his bankruptcy was raised, he responded: 'Do not ask me whether I plan to be discharged from bankruptcy. This question should be for Lee Kuan Yew. If he does not fear me, he could exercise his rights as a creditor to write off my debts. I will apply for a discharge immediately if he gives me the green light and does not block the way for me to contest in the election.'

Janet

25567_1390808805780_1098905377_31165696_995450_n.jpg

25567_1390807965759_1098905377_31165691_2811968_n.jpg

'We live a simple life, and I invest the extra resources in the fight for democracy,' said Dr Chee, who lives in a three-room HDB flat in Toa Payoh with his wife and three children.

This is another reason why Chee can't win elections. He live in small HDB flat.

That is not good enough for Singapore peasants who prefer their MPs to live in big bungalows. This is weird logic but peasants who live in pigeon holes look down on fellow peasants with similar pigeon holes. It's the same like those who say they can't accept an MP who don't have a degree.

Lee Hsien Tau

Should be 'CSJ : "Chiam ST is intolerant and undemocratic".

Your England very bad leh. Must brush up.

Oledi tolding you all.

http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?t=29751

:oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo:

SINGAPORE Democratic Party (SDP) chief Chee Soon Juan has addressed two often controversial issues that have shadowed him: whether he gets funds from foreign sources, and his role in Mr Chiam See Tong's exit from the party.

He spoke on these issues in an interview that LianHe Zaobao published yesterday in conjunction with the SDP's 30th anniversary.

In it, he acknowledged that he received some funds from foreign sources for research work, and played down his role in Mr Chiam's departure from the party in 1993.

Asked about how he supported his family, he told the Chinese-language daily that his income was mainly from the sale of his books and occasional financial assistance from friends and family.

He was declared a bankrupt in February 2006 after failing to pay $500,000 in damages to Senior Minister Goh Chok Tong and Minister Mentor Lee Kuan Yew for defaming them during the 2001 General Election.

In the article, the interviewer asked him about rumours that he had been able to engage in civil disobedience and other activities here because he received financing from foreign donors.

The article said that, after much probing, he replied: 'I am an academic, and will occasionally receive research funding from overseas. I have written award-winning books, and have taken part in overseas research programmes.'

But Dr Chee did not say what the research entailed. All he would say was: 'Maybe research like human behaviour.':rolleyes:

As for Mr Chiam's exit from the SDP, Dr Chee said that he tried to persuade the Potong Pasir MP to stay on - contrary to the view that he had a role in driving Mr Chiam out.

Said Dr Chee: 'The meeting where he resigned from the SDP was held at my home. I went to his office a few times in the following month to ask him to withdraw his resignation and told him he was still regarded as our leader.'

He said it was Mr Chiam's intolerance of dissenting views which ultimately led to the split.

'Even in the eyes of (SDP) leaders like Ling How Doong, Chiam See Tong's leadership was indisputable. However, we hoped he could be more democratic when doing things,' he added.

'I bear no grudges against Chiam See Tong and even attended the dinner to mark his 25th year as an MP. I would greet him if we happen to meet.'

The SDP chief also said that while he may not be chummy with other opposition leaders, he keeps in contact with them and follows the rules of the game to avoid three-cornered fights.

When the subject of his bankruptcy was raised, he responded: 'Do not ask me whether I plan to be discharged from bankruptcy. This question should be for Lee Kuan Yew. If he does not fear me, he could exercise his rights as a creditor to write off my debts. I will apply for a discharge immediately if he gives me the green light and does not block the way for me to contest in the election.'

phouse3

We should be glad there are such fools around.:biggrin::biggrin:

All these phoney IBs will only help to push more people to growing opposition parties like SDP and NSP. :biggrin::biggrin:

:smile::smile::smile:

IR123

This is another reason why Chee can't win elections. He live in small HDB flat.

That is not good enough for Singapore peasants who prefer their MPs to live in big bungalows. This is weird logic but peasants who live in pigeon holes look down on fellow peasants with similar pigeon holes. It's the same like those who say they can't accept an MP who don't have a degree.

The problem with Chee is that he is not able to learn from those who succeeded.

The peasants indeed prefer their MPs to live in bungalows - look at Hougang peasants.

If Chee learn to dress like LTK and his team (take a look at their website), or ask themselves how did CST get such positive reviews, he may conclude that it is worthwhile to do a comparison on how the media viewed LTK and CST and compare it with himself. Ask himself why that is the case and work to correct it. Do the things that will lead the media to view him as positively as LTK and CST.

Then all will be right with his world.

He too will live in a bungalow and the peasants will respect him.

Ask the Hougang peasants. Ask the Potong Pasir peasants. They can provide him with insights why they respect LTK and CST.

Why settle for a small HDB flat?

Lee Hsien Tau

The problem with Chee is that he is not able to learn from those who succeeded.

The peasants indeed prefer their MPs to live in bungalows - look at Hougang peasants.

If Chee learn to dress like LTK and his team (take a look at their website), or ask themselves how did CST get such positive reviews, he may conclude that it is worthwhile to do a comparison on how the media viewed LTK and CST and compare it with himself. Ask himself why that is the case and work to correct it. Do the things that will lead the media to view him as positively as LTK and CST.

Then all will be right with his world.

He too will live in a bungalow and the peasants will respect him.

Ask the Hougang peasants. Ask the Potong Pasir peasants. They can provide him with insights why they respect LTK and CST.

Why settle for a small HDB flat?

CST got such positive reviews meh?

http://chiam-see-tong.blogspot.com/

Chiam didn't agree with Chee and they parted in separate ways. That's democracy and free will of choice and decision. Just because Chiam didn't stay in SDP and agree with Chee, that means Chiam is intolerant and undemocratic? Why not say Chee is undemocratic and intolerant of Chiam? It cuts both ways. In any case, shallow supporters of Chee will say Chee is right, and shallow supporters of Chiam will say Chiam is right. Thinkers who're not so shallow see and think for themselves in depths.

phouse3

Chiam didn't agree with Chee and they parted in separate ways. That's democracy and free will of choice and decision. Just because Chiam didn't stay in SDP and agree with Chee, that means Chiam is intolerant and undemocratic? Why not say Chee is undemocratic and intolerant of Chiam? It cuts both ways. In any case, shallow supporters of Chee will say Chee is right, and shallow supporters of Chiam will say Chiam is right. Thinkers who're not so shallow see and think for themselves in depths.

I think you masturbate so much until your foreskin comes off.

Please re-read the article and what you've just said. How dumb can a person get?

I think you masturbate so much until your foreskin comes off.

Please re-read the article and what you've just said. How dumb can a person get?

I'm referring to the heading of this thread. You stop masturbating and go for lasik. Don't try brain surgery; you'd waste your money or Medisave for there's no cure. You've just shown me with your exhibition how dumb can a person get. Thanks.