• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Pls help to buy toothpick from Alex Tan to fund his campaign

Janet

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://utopia8787.blogspot.com/

i am also selling 1 Toothpick at the price of $1

toothpick.jpeg

1 toothpick cost $1 min.
you are welcome to overpay me, all profits will BE STRICTLY USED for mine Election Campaign.

I will also be selling spaces on this blog. blog space is defined as one-liner message, selling at $1 minimum.

this Business has nothing to do with SDA or SPP, and its purely a profit-making online business. i dont need a POLICE PERMIT ANYMORE and i can save administration work now that this is a business instead of a DONATION. repeat: THIS IS NOT A DONATION, but profits made will be STRICTLY used for my Elections Campaign

there will be 3 sections to be recorded:
1) Name/Moniker
2) Your One-Liner Message for every Shirt sold

i will honor your participation by publishing your name/moniker in this blog post.

Payment Method:
1) POSB Savings Account 228-14888-1
2) Paypal Account: [email protected]
3) Meet ups
4) Call me up 98392722
5) Cash via letters, call me for my home address.

Confirmation:
Online receipt will be issued in the form of email.

Your name will NOT be posted online if you request not to. Please provide a moniker instead and your One-Liner T-shirt Sales Message. I welcome advice and inputs.

especially to Singapore Police and CPIB:
THIS IS NOT A DONATION, JUST A NORMAL BLOG SHOP

Singapore for Singaporeans
=========================================================
Profit made: $2052

Toothpick and blogspace sales

1. Anonymous
1 toothpick sold at $400 transaction on 25 Jan 2010

400.jpg

2. Anonymous
1 Toothpick sold at $300 transaction on 25 January 2010

1.JPG

3. Anonymous
2 Toothpick sold at $2 on 25 January 2010

2.JPG

4. Anonymous
1 Toothpick sold at $10 on 28 January 2010
3.JPG

http://utopia8787.blogspot.com/

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If this is a business transaction, he will have to pay tax for the profits made. Else, IRAS will knock on his door and fine him in court. I am sure the IRAS will be watching closely on his profits made.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Now he is in trouble. I hope he has spoken to Chiam. One cannot disguise a donation as a profit when the intention is clear. This is unversally applied.

S

sodoMee

give him a break lah, he's trying to raise 10K stand in elections...

why 10K? blame those election cheating PAP bastards loh!

if there are willing buyers, why you complain?

bryanlim1972

Alfrescian
Loyal
Now he is in trouble. I hope he has spoken to Chiam. One cannot disguise a donation as a profit when the intention is clear. This is unversally applied.

You are clearly mistaken. stop scare-mongering. He has not run afoul of the political donations act

People are free to buy the very limited edition (and hence collectable) toothpicks offered by alex at his blog shop

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I spoke to the PAP MP's that comes around when I am muching my food at the food centre.. "mmmffttt"...!?...and I have wash my ahnd later or use my portal Dettol hand wash..

So, I am in trouble? talking?:biggrin:

Hawkeye1819

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I am praying from the bottom of my heart that this maverick does not sabotage chiam at this crucial moment.

Does he know what the laws are? What the statutes say? What the electoral rules are? Does he know ANYTHING?

Now I'm pissed.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
>>THIS IS NOT A DONATION, but profits made will be STRICTLY used for my Elections Campaign<<

Is he daft?! He say is not a donation, but will use it for election campaign. Got such a thing?

Hawkeye1819

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I don't think you understand. The intellectual honesty of this person is in question. Such a person stands a high chance of sabotaging the opposition cause at the most critical moments.

That's why I'm fuming.

:mad:

You are clearly mistaken. stop scare-mongering. He has not run afoul of the political donations act

People are free to buy the very limited edition (and hence collectable) toothpicks offered by alex at his blog shop

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am sure he has not checked with Chiam and the most experienced chaps in this business. They would have immediately stopped him. I hope this does not go the way of JBJ.

Poor chap, I know he means well and he is obviously dead keen and certainly has initiative.

I hope anyone who knows him personally can get in touch with him quickly and withdraw the scheme until he get it right.

I am praying from the bottom of my heart that this maverick does not sabotage chiam at this crucial moment.

Does he know what the laws are? What the statutes say? What the electoral rules are? Does he know ANYTHING?

Now I'm pissed.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

bryanlim1972

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't think you understand. The intellectual honesty of this person is in question. Such a person stands a high chance of sabotaging the opposition cause at the most critical moments.

That's why I'm fuming.

:mad:

are you referring to his intellectual (dis)honesty over this toothpick thing or something else?

QXD

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Give the guy a break, my bet is PAP will send him off with a warning.

If he is indeed breaking any laws, PAP will be in a catch 22 situation; Hammer him and raise the ire of Gen Y. Let him off with a slap on the wrist and he'll be emboldened to try a more audacious stunt.

Leave him alone, and he MIGHT just whither away into oblivion.

Chances are, PAP will bait him by playing dead or engaging him via some low level running dog to appear inept. Then hammer him the minute a makes a faux pas ala CSJ taxi claim scandal.

But I'd really love to see PAP make a martyr of a Gen Y, especially now that Gen X is busily converting the Baby Boomers into anti-PAP...

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are absolutely clueless. I am for Alex and do not want to see him go under for a silly thing like this. I am certain this will make the press followed by the authorities if not checked.

Ability to fund candidates and campaigns is one of the most researched item that local political parties do and have been doing for years. There is a genuine reason for doing it - to maximise the ability to gain resources and not be disqualified in the process.

phouse3

Alfrescian
Loyal
If someone wishes to sell a grain of sand for $1 and people are willing to pay for it, it's call business. If a person can convince an Eskimo to buy ice from him, he is a persuasive marketeer.

It is not objectionable if someone wants to sell cute printed toilet paper (there are hundreds of pieces in one roll) or pinches of table salt. They are equally worthless. But what the heck if people are willing to pay.

The appropriate thing to do is to declare the profit in the income tax returns. And I doubt if anyone can make enough to be pushed into the taxable bracket. Even if it does, it's sup sup sui.

Cosmetic companies are known to have made billions of dollars from selling hopes to ugly women. Scientists are known to sell strange ideas, like Global Warming.

Some of the forumers here are even more objectionable when they tried to sell us the idea that they are intelligent, successful, rich, pretty, suave, etc.

N.B. The above is my personal opinion as I am not a tax consultant. Neither am I egging anybody on.

sgnewsalte

Alfrescian
Loyal
Alex cannot say that it has nothing to do with SPP since the money is going to fund his election. He is a SPP member, and unless he resigns and stand as an independent candidate, all political activities has everything to do with SPP. Furthermore, if this is really a business, has he done all the necessary registeration with ACRA? I hope this Alex is not a loose cannon like what Chee was before.

Last edited:

bryanlim1972

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are absolutely clueless. I am for Alex and do not want to see him go under for a silly thing like this. I am certain this will make the press followed by the authorities if not checked.

Ability to fund candidates and campaigns is one of the most researched item that local political parties do and have been doing for years. There is a genuine reason for doing it - to maximise the ability to gain resources and not be disqualified in the process.

in that case, please point out the specific section of the political donations act Alex has contravened. i'm sure i don't need to tell you where to find our statutes.

Last edited:

bryanlim1972

Alfrescian
Loyal
Alex cannot say that it has nothing to do with SPP since the money is going to fund his election. He is a SPP member, and unless he resigns and stand as an independent candidate, all political activities has everything to do with SPP. Furthermore, if this is really a business, has he done all the necessary registeration with ACRA? I hope this Alex is not a loose cannon like what Chee was before.

you do not need to register with acra to run a business if revenue is below a certain threshold. in fact, receipts don't even have to be issued unless you cross that threshold.

and even if alex is a loose cannon, that is for his party and his potential constituents to decide, not faceless nics on a forum.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Business registration was never based on revenue on any financial basis let alone threshold. Exemptions are based on very limited categories of vocations such such a hawker, fishermen and regulated professions such as doctor, lawyer who have their own registration bodies.

You should not make statements on subjects that you have no idea about.

you do not need to register with acra to run a business if revenue is below a certain threshold. in fact, receipts don't even have to be issued unless you cross that threshold.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In a democratic country, why should PAP impose $10K to contest the ruling party? I hope the new america ambassador monitor and protect Alex from PAP harrassment because he is trying to help majority of gutless Sinkies stand up against the tyranny. It is not easy for him and I will donate to him soon as a show of my greatest support and encouragement to him. I will tell all the younger generations that the older generations have bought toothpick to support a poor & yet courageous boy against 84 wealthy morons and to save everyone in this land.

It reminds me of a story where a boy put his finger in a hole of a dam to prevent flooding and he save the villagers.

RonRon

Alfrescian
Loyal
In a democratic country, why should PAP impose $10K to contest the ruling party? I hope the new america ambassador monitor and protect Alex from PAP harrassment because he is trying to help majority of gutless Sinkies stand up against the tyranny. It is not easy for him and I will donate to him soon as a show of my greatest support and encouragement to him. I will tell all the younger generations that the older generations have bought toothpick to support a poor & yet courageous boy against 84 wealthy morons and to save everyone in this land.

It reminds me of a story where a boy put his finger in a hole of a dam to prevent flooding and he save the villagers.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oQlOETGGAsU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oQlOETGGAsU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

How much do u intend to donate to this 'speaker'?