• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

I AM writing to express my disappointment at StarHub

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Feb 17, 2010

Sent from pillar to post after phone fault

<!-- by line --><!-- end by line -->
<!-- end left side bar --><!-- story content : start -->
I AM writing to express my disappointment at StarHub. I bought a Nokia 6700 last August after renewing my contract for another two-year term. This is a move StarHub has made me regret since.
My handset hung and I was unable to restart. I called StarHub, which referred me to Nokia. I went down to the Nokia Care Centre in November and the phone was repaired after a major component was changed.
Shortly after, the same problem resurfaced. Nokia said it could offer another repair at best, given its no-exchange policy. It referred me back to StarHub, which promptly redirected me back to Nokia. Neither side was willing to take responsibility.
I went down to Nokia again in December and they "changed the motherboard", claiming it would "be the same as having a new phone, except (that) the casing is old".
Soon enough, it shut down on me again. I have tried to put up with the problems, but things have got worse. At times, I'm unable to call out or send text messages while my contacts would sometimes be unable to reach me.
Nokia offered yet another repair; I believe that it will continue offering free, albeit useless, repairs until the warranty is over.
I called StarHub and requested special consideration to allow me to purchase a new phone through the upgrade scheme. My request was denied.
Every experience with StarHub - a company that claims to "reward" customers - regarding this problem has been a disappointment. Mind you, I have been a loyal customer for eight years.
Being trapped with a faulty phone is simply unacceptable. My work requires me to be on standby and remain contactable, but my phone is now a liability that may very well jeopardise my career.
I wanted to cancel my contract and switch to another service provider. Of course, the answer was "no" from StarHub - I had to pay the penalty if I broke current contract.
Francesca Fabia Sim (Miss)

popdod

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nokia 6700 hab alot of problems.

Within 1 month of purchase...my phone shut down on its own.
and went to nokia center Wheellock place for repair...took 10days to repair coz
the technician xplained...need to change "motherboard"

and during my wait...a nokia CSO asked for a survey done..
Apparently...this model hab frequent shut down coz most customers
xperienced the same thing <---- tis is what he told me.

So i asked him in return..whatz the remedy??
and he replied...they will send this report to the service center...and
hope the engineers can solve it.

Otherwise....u hab to keep changing motherboard....:eek:
Lucky after December... the phone is working fine...for now.

:o :rolleyes: :o

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Chey!!!What a dumb women.
Starhub is just a service provider.

I don't think so. Starhub is not only a service provider but also a retailer in selling both the equipment and the contract. In fair trading, the 2-year contract is contingent upon the equipment being functionable for the purpose of the service as contracted through the period. If the equipment is not functioning as specified in the service, the contract should be void.

Nokia is the manufacturer and supplier to Starhub. Starhub should sort out any malfunctioning equipment problem with Nokia, not shirk it onto with corporate might, indifference and irresponsibility to the little individual end-user customer.

xiaohei1881

Alfrescian
Loyal
KNN! why so stupid? get tat bloody HP repaired and sell it to the 2nd hand phone dealer, get some $$$ and purchased another brand new hp! simple! Why go thru the trouble writing and complaining? because this is wat 66.6% of the people wants.

bryanlim1972

Alfrescian
Loyal
there was another case, the woman took nokia to small claims tribunal. nokia didn't attend and she won judgement. they ignored her claims so she showed up at nokia office with a bailiff to seize office equipment! needless to say, the manager promptly settled with her - paid all her legal costs as well.