• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Alex Tan, it is better off without this video..stop embarrassing yourself

Janet

Alfrescian
Loyal
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oQlOETGGAsU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oQlOETGGAsU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

sinren67

Alfrescian
Loyal
<object width="560" height="340">d<param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oQlOETGGAsU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oQlOETGGAsU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Is reading from hp make a person more "in" then reading the script from paper?
If Alex Tan will to do this again at the GE rallies, then i think he not only can forget about "Vote The PAP Out" now, but also need to worry for the deposit funded from his supporters.

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
KNN look like a moron delivering his speech from a HANDPHONE! He is damn stupid cos the screen of a phone is so small and he can only read 2-3 lines at one time.

So painful to listen to his speech...like a broken record, pause after every 5-6 words.

God helps us if this moron represents the beacon of hope for opposition! I mean seriously a retard from PAPpies can probably memorize the whole thing without reading from hp!

popdod

Alfrescian
Loyal
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oQlOETGGAsU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oQlOETGGAsU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Jiat lat lah.......is he going to tok lidat on election day wif scripts??
only shows he ish not confident in his speech...hab to rely on prepared
script to guide him....how sincere can it be?

Someone shd tell him....be prepared to give speech without script.

:o :( :o

cheekenpie

Alfrescian
Loyal
KNN look like a moron delivering his speech from a HANDPHONE! He is damn stupid cos the screen of a phone is so small and he can only read 2-3 lines at one time.

So painful to listen to his speech...like a broken record, pause after every 5-6 words.

God helps us if this moron represents the beacon of hope for opposition! I mean seriously a retard from PAPpies can probably memorize the whole thing without reading from hp!

TR endorse him leh.... you think he is TR?

Why Alex Tan deserves all the support he needs from Singaporeans

February 16, 2010 by admin
Filed under Opinion

Leave a comment

OPINION

When we asked Alex Tan if he was disappointed with the low turnout at Hong Lim Park two days ago for his maiden speech to Singaporeans, he said he was glad that twenty Singaporeans took the effort to make the trip to listen to him.

For all the criticisms hurled at Alex for his youth and inexperience, he has three important attributes which few Singaporeans had: courage, dedication and perserverance.

It was Chinese New Year and he could well spend his time with his family and friends, but he chose to go to Hong Lim Park and speak about national issues concerning Singaporeans publicly.

The lukewarm response from Singaporeans did not deter him and he promised to continue making speeches weekly at the same place from now onwards.

There is no doubt that Alex still has a long way to go. His speech was short and succinct, if lacking in details and substance, but those who accused him for not offering concrete alternative solutions are missing the point altogether.

It is not the job of Singaporeans or the opposition to offer solutions to help the ruling party given their severe limitations. Let us not forget that the PAP has the entire civil service at its disposal. It has scholars, academics and researchers working full-time to churn out reports, data and graphs for it. Alex Tan has none of these.

The primary role of Alex is to highlight issues which are seldom discusssed openly in the press, to increase the awareness of Singaporeans and to galvanize them into action.

For all his faux pauses, MM Lee is right on one count: Singaporeans are champion grumblers.

We complain, lament and whine all the time to one another, but do we ever bother to take serious action to help ourselves?

If Singaporeans do not organize themselves and stay united as a people, they will continue to remain as “sheep” being ride roughshod over by the ruling party again, again and again.

Singaporeans keep complaining that there are no credible leaders in the opposition, but who will dare to step forward if they do not have the support of the people behind them?

What Alex is doing is taking a very small step forward on the behalf of everybody and hopefully he can inspire other Alex Tans out there to follow his path as well.

There are many Singaporeans who are not willing to come out in the open, but surely it is not too much to ask of you to lend support to brave individuals like Alex wanting to make a difference?

We must not forget the fact that the PAP was an opposition party before and it took them a few years in office to demonstrate their ability to govern Singapore.

Compared to the 1960s and now, we have a citizenry who is more aware, educated and knowledgeable – there is no reason why we cannot have a credible opposition to counter the PAP.

It is unhealthy for a nation to have only one voice for nobody has the monopoly on the truth. Without people like Alex Tan highlighting issues close to our hearts publicly, Singaporeans will forever live under the illusion that all is well in paradise after being fed with the usual daily dose of propaganda from the state media.

We need somebody to expose this fallacy once and for all. There is something really wrong with Singapore and the faster we realize it, the better it will be for everybody.

popdod

Alfrescian
Loyal
This 22-year-old has substance and good instincts.
Bravo!

Guys don't be harsh on him, he is only a diploma holder:rolleyes:

Even he has good instincts, good substance, good intentions...
but
the way he delivered oledi ruin his own image.

And definitely nothing to do with dip or degree holder lah.
Doesn't implying degree present better than diploma....

itz is all about preparation and experience.....
and
thatz what he is lacking of.

:o :( :o

blackmore

Alfrescian
Loyal

Gawd! This bugger is just wasting everyone's time with his pausible speech. The whole speech totally lacks conviction and his body language tells it all; twisting & turning like a shy boy. Nobody will be bothered on what he had said but everyone will notice how he said it.

It clearly show the level of the field PAP is up against.

Even CSJ can speak better abeit his run of the mill antics.:cool:

RonRon

Alfrescian
Loyal
He is our true future

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/O1nG3CUo6vk&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/O1nG3CUo6vk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
He is our true future

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/O1nG3CUo6vk&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/O1nG3CUo6vk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I will rather take this rambling train scholar over the read-from-hp moron anytime of the day! PAPpies are destined to rule, judging by the low quality opposition candidates being fielded.

The video is an embarrassment to the opposition. They shud censor it for goodness sake!

sinren67

Alfrescian
Loyal
I still respect Alex Tan for his courages to stand up for Sinkies. By now, he already know what's his mistakes and he definitely will improve from there. I look forward to his rally speech in coming GE.

cheekenpie

Alfrescian
Loyal
alextan150211.jpg

Lets spot the ISD officer.

Last edited:

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
I still respect Alex Tan for his courages to stand up for Sinkies. By now, he already know what's his mistakes and he definitely will improve from there. I look forward to his rally speech in coming GE.

He might start reading from an iPad instead of a tiny mobile phone.

phouse3

Alfrescian
Loyal
From his 10-minute speech, it is very clear his abilities have already exceeded those of a U-graduate many years older. The proof:

1. Ask Mr. Tan Kian Lian whether he has wasted his time at Hong Lim Park;
2. Ask Mr. Chiam See Tong if he is proud of this guy after listening to the latter's speech; and
3. Ask yourself (honestly) if you could deliver a speech as sharp as that.

I think he has just booked himself a place as an SPP candidate.

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
From his 10-minute speech, it is very clear his abilities have already exceeded those of a U-graduate many years older. The proof:

1. Ask Mr. Tan Kian Lian whether he has wasted his time at Hong Lim Park;
2. Ask Mr. Chiam See Tong if he is proud of this guy after listening to the latter's speech; and
3. Ask yourself (honestly) if you could deliver a speech as sharp as that.

I think he has just booked himself a place as an SPP candidate.

1. not sure about Mr Tan
2. not sure about Mr Chiam
3. Yes, hell yeah. Many people can deliver speeches better than him (if you mean by reading from a mobile phone). Mind you, this guy made quite a few mistakes even from reading off a script on his mobile phone.

Opposition really has lowered the bar. As long as you thick skin enuf to speak in public, free to join liao.

I will rather vote for Ass Loong's nephew if they are pitted against each other.

Janet

Alfrescian
Loyal

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-c_A7-7B7-w&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-c_A7-7B7-w&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

singapore on Tue, 16th Feb 2010 3:07 pm

just looked at the video again, totally uninspiring. would rather watch cartoon then listen to this fool speak.
terrible english, terrible terrible english. my ears are bleeding now.
i think i should change my citizenship sometime soon. i am really ashamed to be associated with ppl like alex tan who speak like iliterates.
we need more lee hsien loongs, lee kuan yew and kenneth jeyeratnam around.

singapore on Tue, 16th Feb 2010 2:50 pm

if the opposition wants to be treated seriously, they should speak proper english and not speak like iliterate idiots.

terrible english. can someone subtitle this kid? i can’t understand wtf he is saying.
“tis a good start to changggee. i wud like two gift special thanks to all”
this kid should improve his diction and learn to pronounce his words properly. i couldnt catch 30% of what he was saying.
terrible orator as well. compare him to lee hsien loong, lee kuan yew or kenneth jeyeretynam.
did he graduate from university? doubt so. another lowly educated fellow who cannot even speak properly.

ah beng on Tue, 16th Feb 2010 2:17 pm

sounds like an ah beng. is it to connect with the ground? good job very credible! but why he looks like he smsing? and if he so shy to make eye contact with only 20 ppl, how he gonna face one thousand plus when they turn up for election rally?
btw why chiam never say anything about his new boy? he ashamed of him?
i suggest he don’t come every sunday. the less he put foot in mouth in public the better.

deoxin on Tue, 16th Feb 2010 12:32 pm

OMG !! was he giving speech ??? ..or practising public READING??? …. n what 20 people ??? …i think , most r own people. i bet there isnt even 5 genuine public members (undercover ISD excluded).