• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why most SG opposition leaders married foreigners as wife..but..

Janet

Alfrescian
Loyal
They are also the one who made the most noise about FT policy?:confused::confused:

SDP Chee married taiwanese wife

NSP GMS married Hongkong wife

SLipper man Tan married China wife
:confused::confused::confused:

bryanlim1972

Alfrescian
Loyal
They are also the one who made the most noise about FT policy?:confused::confused:

YOU MUST BE A ROYAL IDIOT TO EQUATE A WIFE TO "FOREIGN TALENT"
is that the best you can do? lame... :eek:

ps07857

Alfrescian
Loyal
MBT married a Caucasian....
LKY married a local
LHL married 2 locals....
LHY married a local but rumoured to be wanting to go with an Aussie

iamtalkinglah

Alfrescian
Loyal

When cupid strikes, you cant control this thing call love...
Who knows, one day you will fall in a love with a construction worker Ah Neh? :smile:

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
OK i think this topic is really stupid but i have to admit. he does have a point.
What bugs me is, Are all those Foreign brides PRs or Citizens. Having a PR wife while speaking up against foreigners is just going to make U a hypocrite

Last edited:

iamtalkinglah

Alfrescian
Loyal
OK i think this topic is really stupid but i have to admit. he does have a point.
What bugs me is, Are all those Foreign brides PRs or Citizens. Having a PR wife while taking speaking up against foreigners is just going to make U a hypocrite

Definitely they have to be able to counter this.
My personal opinion (and I have a Singaporean GF), it is not wrong for a man to go for foreign bride. I am not in the person's shoes, it may be very difficult for him to meet a woman, we are not them, we don't know. They can use this as a selling point. I'll buy it. How about the brothers here?

BUT, I won't go for foreign brides because I don't trust them and I have heard bad stories about it.

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I dun have a problem with pple having foreign brides. I have a problem with pple who dun insist on the wife converting to citizen. I think these pple just want to leave a backdoor open for themselves. For the average dude on the street, its still ok. For a politician, its inexcusable

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

James Gomez married Japanese wife.

Maybe too few Singapore girls want or dare to marry opposition members.

iamtalkinglah

Alfrescian
Loyal
I dun have a problem with pple having foreign brides. I have a problem with pple who dun insist on the wife converting to citizen. I think these pple just want to leave a backdoor open for themselves. For the average dude on the street, its still ok. For a politician, its inexcusable

Yes. Agree.

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal

Because all the rest are members of the "Pay and Pay
that's why got to import!

Highfalutin

Alfrescian
Loyal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Char_Azn

Yes. Agree.

A foreign woman who is a PR here loves her Singaporean husband but not Singapore. Her heart is always with the country she was born and grew up in. With its four seasons and a 360 degrees view of the sky without lifting her head. And the bonus of real rivers and real mountains not named Mount something like Mount Faber. Where beautiful native flowers bloom and trees bear fruits with the seasons.

She desires to live out her sunset years and to die in her own country. Her memories of Singapore then as she draws her last breathe would be "Flats! Flats! Flats! Flats!"

bryanlim1972

Alfrescian
Loyal

you still living in 19th century? women are not chattel for you to trade and own.

call me liberated, but the husband can insist all he wants that the wife converts to citizen, but if she doesn't want to, he cannot force her.

don't let hate cloud your otherwise sound mind. xenophobia is unbecoming of you.

iamtalkinglah

Alfrescian
Loyal
you still living in 19th century? women are not chattel for you to trade and own.

call me liberated, but the husband can insist all he wants that the wife converts to citizen, but if she doesn't want to, he cannot force her.

don't let hate cloud your otherwise sound mind. xenophobia is unbecoming of you.

You are right but it becomes a sensitive issue when now we are against FTs and then the politician themselves don't ask their wife to convert to Citizens.

I am okay with if their wife don't convert to Citizens but in case, it would be used against them..

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

If they are not even able to convince their own wives to convert to citizenship then they should not go on about the FT issue, like I said earlier, it just makes them hypocrites.

And if you thought I hate FTs enough to use them as an example, U probably having been around here for a while. I've been flamed quite a bit recently simply becoz I voice my indignation against the condemning of new citizens.

yuelao

Alfrescian
Loyal
If they are not even able to convince their own wives to convert to citizenship then they should not go on about the FT issue, like I said earlier, it just makes them hypocrites.

And if you thought I hate FTs enough to use them as an example, U probably having been around here for a while. I've been flamed quite a bit recently simply becoz I voice my indignation against the condemning of new citizens.

Char lAtan, you got flamed because you brought up your big fuck grandfather while people were discussing immigration issues. Don't twist your words!

Get this into your heads, people are not against conversion to citizenship, they are against letting any foreigner come and work in Sinkieland in the first place. Who said people are against foreigners? They are only against it when it is became clear that foreigners are becoming the majority in the workplace to the exclusion of Sinkies. Look at my signature, it will tell you what percentage of high-quality foreigners in Sinkieland I can live with.

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I now grow to understand that Chee Soon Juan .

Whose wife is Taiwanese could set
to infiltrate CSJ brain and into politics and soon control over Singapore .
Or maybe it's nothing .

181px-Chen_shui_bian.jpg

Just like Chen Shui Bian wheel chair actress wife !

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

These foreign spouses are married to Sporeans. They therefore have ties to Spore. The fact that their husbands are in the opposition shows their commitment to Spore & not to $$$$money like some of the PAP cronies.

On the other hand how many PRs, foreigners who are working in Spore are married to Sporeans :confused: These people are economic migrants. Many are only here for the $$$ & will leave for greener pastures or balek kampong when its convenient to them.

Blazars

Alfrescian
Loyal
Get this into your heads, people are not against conversion to citizenship, they are against letting any foreigner come and work in Sinkieland in the first place. Who said people are against foreigners? They are only against it when it is became clear that foreigners are becoming the majority in the workplace to the exclusion of Sinkies. Look at my signature, it will tell you what percentage of high-quality foreigners in Sinkieland I can live with.

Bro. Agree with you. We are not against foreigners. I believe we need some of them. We are against the FTs policy. We are against ica whom allow the FTs to come in by the plane loads. We are against the people who make these policies, which in this case is the govt.
!&!!

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I believe LHL's wife was a Malaysian at birth. I don't know what she was at death.

You forget the late S Rajaretnam who married a Hungarian and the late Tay Eng Soon who also married someone of European descent.

MBT married a Caucasian....
LKY married a local
LHL married 2 locals....
LHY married a local but rumoured to be wanting to go with an Aussie