SG Live Bet
SG Tipster

Thread: My Longtime barber say he's cLosing shop; cos our Gen Y's have no more hairs to cut..

My Reputation Points: 3536 / Power: 10

Exclamation My Longtime barber say he's cLosing shop; cos our Gen Y's have no more hairs to cut..

i choose to agree with him ; cos even my nephew of age 22 is aLready baLding !

Why & What have happened to the pate's of our younger Ones ?

My Reputation Points: 2329 / Power: 12

Default Re: My Longtime barber say he's cLosing shop; cos our Gen Y's have no more hairs to c

Quote Originally Posted by Fishypie View Post

Maybe your barner should re-invent his trade, there is one spot of the human body that rarely see sunlight, and that is where luxurious 'grass' grow. Barber should do "grass" trimming or removal or even be creative, trim the "grass" to make patterns or shapes.

My Reputation Points: 1859 / Power: 10

Default Re: My Longtime barber say he's cLosing shop; cos our Gen Y's have no more hairs to c

Young generation dont go barber shop. They will laugh by their peer no class.
    Worst to worst go for $10 cut.
    Many Y gen will color their hair barber and $10 shop dont provide such service.
    Save the Earth

My Reputation Points: 4508 / Power: 14

share you my avatar ai mai ?

i miss him

My Reputation Points: 0 / Power: 0

LOL ! No hair to cut?!
    our body grows hair everywhere
    maybe the barber can choose to cut somewhere, not necessary the head

My Reputation Points: 1252 / Power: 5

Since no more hair, How about the idea of a pubic hair saloon?

WhiLe i weLcome aLL Ah Hia's inputs ; but what befuddLes me is, why Our Ah Kong's & Ah Pa's have headfuLL of hairs; but coming down the Lineage ; our hairs' are thinning ? ~..

My Reputation Points: 2463 / Power: 11

nowadays cut hair very cheap. many neighborhood salons are charging just $3-5 for a cut ( male/female ).

My Reputation Points: 166 / Power: 3

WhiLe i weLcome aLL Ah Hia's inputs ; but what befuddLes me is, why Our Ah Kong's & Ah Pa's have headfuLL of hairs; but coming down the Lineage ; our hairs' are thinning ? ~..
    Global warming ...

Quote Originally Posted by Sideswipe View Post
    nowadays cut hair very cheap. many neighborhood salons are charging just $3-5 for a cut ( male/female ).
    Parkway Market CentraL @$1 per head ; wonder how these shops survive ?~..

My Reputation Points: 37 / Power: 6

Parkway Market CentraL @$1 per head ; wonder how these shops survive ?~..
    洗黑钱。。。。。。。。。。

My Reputation Points: 3652 / Power: 15

Quote Originally Posted by Sideswipe View Post
    The key word is salon. They're not barber shops. Sometimes we just want to go to a real barber shop - a man's sanctuary offering men's haircuts and a shave instead of a poor man's version of a Jean Yip unisex salon.

Those cheap (less than $5) haircut joints make their money from the female customers doing perming, hair coloring. The quality of the haircut is not guaranteed, and service is usually lousy or mediocre. Just like other franchise shops, you won't get the same barber who clearly understands what you want. The person who cuts your hair at these 'fast food haircut shops' is usually a minimum wage, 12-hour shift jiuhu kia or PRC auntie.

They are destroying the business of traditional barber shops.
    Last edited by laksaboy; 26-04-2012 at 03:42 PM.

My Reputation Points: 3711 / Power: 13

Students go instant $10 cuts.
    Working class go salons.
    Teeko uncles go mei taiwan.
    No one visits barber anymore.

Obstructing the development of political parties and competitive candidates is as fraudulent as stuffing ballot boxes.
    Buying votes with state resources is as fraudulent as stealing them outright during the tally.
    Dominating the media or stacking the electoral commission with friends is as fraudulent as violating the secrecy of the vote.

My Reputation Points: 898 / Power: 9

I haven't visited a salon or barbershop for more than a year now. I let my hair grow naturally and tie a ponytail. I shave my stubbles and trim my sideburns myself.

My Reputation Points: 1740 / Power: 10

Haven't had a local haircut for 10+ years. I usually get a haircut when I'm away in Indonesia , Malaysia or LOS where it's more convenient.
    I used to go to a popular Malay place at race course. Was in the area recently & found out that some of them have passed away, retired,...the place has now downsized & didn't see a queue like in the old, old days. The days of the Malay barbers are numbered.

Thread Information