• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

why Quah Kim Song resigned from FAS? Someone played politics?

Janet

Alfrescian
Loyal
b10-2.jpg

QUAH Kim Song, one of the most recognisable faces in local football, has resigned as the Football Association of Singapore's director of competitions.

For the 58-year-old, that means an end to almost four decades of constant involvement with the sport. The former Malaysia Cup star striker tendered his resignation in December and will serve his last day at Jalan Besar next month.

'I've contributed to Singapore football for nearly 40 years, as a player, club chairman (with Tampines Rovers) and as an administrator,' Quah told The Straits Times. 'I would like to move on to something new.

'At the moment, I have no plans but I want to take a break. Football has been such a big part of my life and I will still be contributing in another capacity.'

FAS general secretary Winston Lee paid tribute to Quah, saying: 'Kim Song is an icon of Singapore football who has given so much to the sport.

'As a player, he was instrumental in winning the 1977 Malaysia Cup. As a colleague, he was part of the leadership that contributed to the progress of Singapore football,' he said. 'We look forward to welcoming him back in a different capacity.'

Read the full story in Thursday's edition of The Straits Times.