• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Told to wait 12 hours for parcel delivery

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dec 2, 2009

Told to wait 12 hours for parcel delivery

<!-- by line --><!-- end by line -->
<!-- end left side bar --><!-- story content : start -->
I HAVE found UPS Singapore to be very unhelpful in dealing with its customers. When I called its customer service line to inquire on the delivery status of a shipment on Monday, I was told it would be delivered any time between 10am and 10pm. That's 12 hours of anticipation.
Finding this window period too long, I asked for a more accurate time frame and requested that the parcel be delivered before 6pm. To my surprise, UPS informed me that as my address is a residential one, it is UPS policy not to commit delivery during office hours. However, the customer service agent politely took note of my demand.
When I called at 6pm, I was once again told to expect delivery before 10pm. The second agent did not even bother to look at her system before saying I had made a request earlier on.
When I called the third time, the third customer service agent claimed that I had requested a 7pm delivery. The first agent seems to have recorded the wrong time in the system.
While I assume that UPS must have saved a great deal by using an outsourced call centre, the agents there were unable to help and do something about my shipment. The overall impression given was that of the right hand not knowing what the left hand had done and everyone was therefore trained to give lame excuses and vague responses that were not helpful.
I could not even go out for dinner with family as planned simply because I had to wait for the parcel.
Henry Ong (Mr)

sinren67

Alfrescian
Loyal
If i'm not wrong, Ong n family can still go out for dinner as the UPS will pass the parcel to one of their neighbours if no one is around.