• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Lucky draw or sinister ploy?

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dec 2, 2009

Lucky draw or sinister ploy?

<!-- by line --><!-- end by line -->
<!-- end left side bar --><!-- story content : start -->
DURING the Sitex fair at the Singapore Expo on Sunday, each woman who spent $200 or more was entitled to a lucky dip. Like many other women, I queued with my friends for more than 45 minutes for a chance at the lucky dip.
Each person who wished to take part in the lucky dip had to write down her name, identity card number, e-mail address and telephone number. The information was entered into a computer. We even had to show our identity card before we could take part in the draw.
When it was our turn, none of my friends and I got anything - only a note to thank us for participating in the lucky dip. Very few of those who participated got anything - if at all, the gifts were trivial.
Now I think I was too naive and the exercise was a ploy to get our contact details for future marketing campaigns or something more sinister. Otherwise, why would they ask us our personal details and feed them into the computer for a lucky draw? Our receipt should have been evidence enough of our purchase.
Lee Ying Nee (Ms)