• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

少林monks chicken out, dare not fight Muay Thai fighter..峨嵋派 accepted the challenge

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
oh yes, indeed i like cirque du soleil though, i visited a few in las vegas and one in tokyo. i prefer fixed than the traditional tent. better sound and special effect.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ya, man! ...

me oso oways tot there's a tang door @ ze 4 rivers province ...

scoobyhoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
READ the regulations of the boxing challenges CAREFULLY and you will notice Chinese Martial Arts is been deprived of certain essentials and on the adversed side of the regulations. I can say that the favour is for Thai and they will sure win easily.

This will obviously be a losing-face-event, and brings bad reputation to Chinese Martial Arts. Shaolin is wise to refuse it. Er-Mei is foolish to run into the trap.

denzuko1

Alfrescian
Loyal
READ the regulations of the boxing challenges CAREFULLY and you will notice Chinese Martial Arts is been deprived of certain essentials and on the adversed side of the regulations. I can say that the favour is for Thai and they will sure win easily.

This will obviously be a losing-face-event, and brings bad reputation to Chinese Martial Arts. Shaolin is wise to refuse it. Er-Mei is foolish to run into the trap.
Throughout the years Shaolin's martial arts have been reduced to just a shell without content. The skill of its experts has not been tested through free sparring competition.

mercbenz

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wushu is very much alive in the people's army, where the real pugilists are.

The central are probably laughing at the 5 dimwits from the land of a thousand smiles, and allowing them this little self delusional act of heroism.

R4g3

Alfrescian
Loyal
okay guys they mentioned that er mei took on the challenge.

I always thought er mei is a sect with female fighters only?

That is the impression i got from watching lois cha novels like condor heroes that show them as females.

no, mostly man. it is a wrong impression created due to jinyong's novel. jinyong himself admits his mistake and apologise.

sinren67

Alfrescian
Loyal
I heard that monk Ming Yi has decided to take the challenge - but the only condition is it shd be held either in Thailand or China, but not Singapore.
(and then never return)

allanlee

Alfrescian
Loyal
The skill of its experts has not been tested through free sparring competition.

REAL sparring is no rules........ fight till u die.
Nowadays people wanna challenge others but set conditions this cannot that cannot........ these type of rules only manipulate advantage to one party so they can win.

They should duel in the traditional way........ no holds barred and the only rule is ............ LAST MAN STANDING WINS!!

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
REAL sparring is no rules........ fight till u die.
Nowadays people wanna challenge others but set conditions this cannot that cannot........ these type of rules only manipulate advantage to one party so they can win.

They should duel in the traditional way........ no holds barred and the only rule is ............ LAST MAN STANDING WINS!!

Well said. Bruce Lee advocated martial arts as full expression of all physical potentials in the Jeet Khun Do that he had founded. However, he died too young for it to spread far and wide enough as an orthodox school. I think that only two certified practitioners survive hitherto, Taky Kimura (Japanese) and Dan Inosanto (Phillipino).

R4g3

Alfrescian
Loyal
ok the whole thing is fake.

泰拳叫板少林寺被揭穿

发烧友或弹或赞争议大

徐睿这次把年初在“柳海龙国际搏击争霸赛”的炒作手法又再拿出来,但做得更加“天马行空”,表现出了非凡的想象力,泰拳“五天王”向中国散打挑战,甚至叫板少林寺,考克莱对中国武术的“狂言”等,很是热闹。

但没过多久,就有一位名为“搏击者”的网友发帖揭穿,原来全都是虚构,于是又引来一番更大的热闹。网友说:“国内现在搏击盲太多,不炒作没人关注,有人关注才有银子赚,有银子赚才能举办更高水平的赛事,请更好的拳手。不是不能炒作,关键是看炒作的技巧和水平。一直期待老徐在炒作上能够露几次妙手,,这次炒作如此失败,太令人失望了。炒作是必要的,不过徐睿的炒作水平太低劣了。闹剧,活生生的闹剧!这样乱炒是为了武术还是害了武术?”

不过,虽然网上有不少人对金牌推广人徐睿的炒作手法认为是低俗,但也有人理解他:“我认为这种炒作是好事,把事情搞得越大越好,最好让13亿中国人都知道这次比赛,有利于中国格斗事业发展。炒成这样子商业上已相当成功,得利者肯定是主办方,现在只希望主办方过两天开发布会及时拨乱反正,慢慢还原本来面目。”

别人笑他太疯癫 他笑别人看不穿

网上还有这么一个帖子,本报记者仅录一段:“教师讲课,对学生要因材施教,中国大多数人对于格斗知识还是小学生,如果你用大学生的讲解方式,他肯定适应不了。而徐睿清楚地认识到这一点,他在关键时刻作出了正确的选择,用了恰当的办法!别以为徐睿无知,他的工作和身份注定不可能这样无知,但是有时候人们要想成功就必须说些违心的话,做些违心的事,徐睿就是为了此事忍辱负重,真是别人笑他太疯癫,他笑别人看不穿啊!”

http://www.cnkungfu.org/kungfu/2009-12/3575p3.htm