• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

property investment technique in oz

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I actually agree with the CB Ellis report even though they are a property agency. Its your life and I wish you luck even though we are sure 2011 will not be a rosy year for property in Australia. 2010 will complete the recover but then what would the mortgage rates be?

The numbers dont show Australia will boom as it did in 2000-2007 but the economy will continue to expand at a rate of 3% with slightly higher inflation. You are too focused on "boom" when "boom" always comes at a cost. When inflation is mathing growth I would not call that a boom and the US is not ramping inventory so Chinese demand for resources will be subdued. Perhaps if the US of a recovers and the Chinese factories restart then its possible Australia will have a boom.

Australia will do ok in 2011, 2012, and beyond but the overall property market wont follow BUT we dont see prices decreasing just remaining stagnant once property prices recover to 2007 despite housing shortages. Rents in Australia are also raising along with rates so this will put further pressure

Just wait and see in 2011 and beyond the opportunities will be in Europe and the US of a, perhaps S America. Spain and Brazil is looking very interesting.

Good luck.

It will be interesting to see how US recover if the U-6 shows 17% unemployment.

EU structure is a drag on Europe's recovery. But UK will be in worse shape.

Spain and Ireland will not recover because of the policies in place.

How to recover when the countries have such high debt levels with the debt's collateral performing poorly.

Moreover, these countries are seeking bailouts/stimulus and more debt to keep the economies functioning.

The G2 are locked in a "beggar thy neighbours" embrace that other export-oriented countries cannot maneuver.

All those debts incurred, how are they going to repay. Is that any real growth in these countries to support repayment? No.

China is building bubbles all over the place, the property looks like it is bursting anytime. And the Commie structure will ensure that any opposition to bubble building will be given the more humane lethal injection (does the bill still go to the victim's family?).

I am pessimistic for the global recovery and that will impact bubble-boy China and as a result, Australia. Australia is currently sitting on a confidence cushion of hot air of 18 years of continuous growth and GFC luck. But the commodity curse is just round the corner. Can it avoid this curse with the blunt instrument called interest rates?

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Aiyah no need to be Ho Ching to benefit the baby bonus over here lah. Government give you $5K for every baby lah. Now rules change a bit but its not dependent on how many children you have before. So in a way, we are living like Ho Ching in this country. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: Closer to swiss standard of living then SinkaPore ah.

Ho Ching set her own law. She still get the Singapore tax benefits meant for first and second borned, when she give birth to the "3rd and 4th" children of Loon.

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
I actually agree with the CB Ellis report even though they are a property agency. Its your life and I wish you luck even though we are sure 2011 will not be a rosy year for property in Australia. 2010 will complete the recover but then what would the mortgage rates be?

The numbers dont show Australia will boom as it did in 2000-2007 but the economy will continue to expand at a rate of 3% with slightly higher inflation. You are too focused on "boom" when "boom" always comes at a cost. When inflation is mathing growth I would not call that a boom and the US is not ramping inventory so Chinese demand for resources will be subdued. Perhaps if the US of a recovers and the Chinese factories restart then its possible Australia will have a boom.

Australia will do ok in 2011, 2012, and beyond but the overall property market wont follow BUT we dont see prices decreasing just remaining stagnant once property prices recover to 2007 despite housing shortages. Rents in Australia are also raising along with rates so this will put further pressure

Just wait and see in 2011 and beyond the opportunities will be in Europe and the US of a, perhaps S America. Spain and Brazil is looking very interesting.

Good luck.

(a) Reports from CBRE & ANZ forecast expected the next few years to be favourable (7 -8%).. Meaning good times coming ahead ?

(b) Housing Association & REIV confirmed high demand for housing and vacancy rate to be under 2%..

(c) Building Commission & Dept of Planning & Community concluded building approval/supply remain flat & land supply remain tight..

(d) Finally Australian Bureau of Statistic and Melbourne 2020 confirms finding on population growth..

What does the above imply ? So you are telling me despite (a), (b), (c) and (d) above.. your professional opinion remains the same.. Hmm it is funny, my instinct tells me your "da-da" land is no match for my "la-la" land... please convince me otherwise..

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey bullshit artist remember the old forum? Remember your massive property losses in Brisbane? Its there for all to see so b4 your put your foot further up your ass just remember your losses in Brisbane ok?

Here we have a brothel moron losing big money in Brisbane and then trying to act like you know anything

Dream on you moron!

Sadly, someone raped my 'chicken' without paying... now I am pursuing chicken compensation plus undue stress to my chicken... although few chicken feathers fallen off last year but the chicken breast remain intact and continue to provide the best satisfaction for many horny men..

So bottomline, should i cry for feathers or shld I be happy coz chicken breast will be serving on the table shortly ?

Aussie Prick

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sadly, someone raped my 'chicken' without paying... now I am pursuing chicken compensation plus undue stress to my chicken... although few chicken feathers fallen off last year but the chicken breast remain intact and continue to provide the best satisfaction for many horny men..

So bottomline, should i cry for feathers or shld I be happy coz chicken breast will be serving on the table shortly ?

Oh thats right you stare at cieling fans, sell women for sex, and lose money in property.

Your credibility is shit you moron. Just stop embarrassing yourself - or pay your debts already

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ah prick ah, kua hong xi lu mah bui song meh? yi suka ma, ti ko liang ti ko chor, li eh hiao bo ah? mai luan zu kong pak lang si guai gong, tan bo jiak lah. Ho yan gong ah.

Oh thats right you stare at cieling fans, sell women for sex, and lose money in property.

Your credibility is shit you moron. Just stop embarrassing yourself - or pay your debts already

Aussie Prick

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ah prick ah, kua hong xi lu mah bui song meh? yi suka ma, ti ko liang ti ko chor, li eh hiao bo ah? mai luan zu kong pak lang si guai gong, tan bo jiak lah. Ho yan gong ah.

GO get beaten by some ang moh you dumb fuck

As they say in that shithole: speak english or die

And your end is coming fucktard

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ah Prick, har mi su li pi ki ani pai ah? ang moh bo suka suka pak lang eh lah. Li buei hiao hokkien wei si bo? Wo suka ka li tah hokkien wei le? Lei CHUI MEI? li jin buei kam wang si bo? Wo eh hiao english and hokkien, li eh hiao bo? Kua li ani tua pi ki, wa kua liao jin song ah. wahahahahahahaha mai kui chui kong lang si lah bo ho se lah.

GO get beaten by some ang moh you dumb fuck

As they say in that shithole: speak english or die

And your end is coming fucktard

Aussie Prick

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ah Prick, har mi su li pi ki ani pai ah? ang moh bo suka suka pak lang eh lah. Li buei hiao hokkien wei si bo? Wo suka ka li tah hokkien wei le? Lei CHUI MEI? li jin buei kam wang si bo? Wo eh hiao english and hokkien, li eh hiao bo? Kua li ani tua pi ki, wa kua liao jin song ah. wahahahahahahaha mai kui chui kong lang si lah bo ho se lah.

Yawn......ZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
thanks for your valuable insight on this topic.
i would like to have some sort of building project on the land, perhaps i should call dixon home.

unlike scroobal, who cant suggest anything, love to criticise, and yes, he is collecting info about the forumers in the background.

Hi Fish, I felt bad after telling you to avoid owner-builder.. what I meant was.. if you are planning something big, you shld avoid owner-builder.. ie building a dwelling. In this instance, owner-builder is required by law for safety & structural reasons.

However, this does not apply if you intend to DIY minor stuff such as toilet upgrade, painting, rendering, flooring, kitchen etc
All these can be done DIY without the need to apply owner-builder.

Of course, I trust if you touch the plumbing and elec, you shld know good practices :smile: What worst wld happen in the event you fail ? Floors will be floated water .. and electrical switch board will tripped.. no death eh ? Pls check if your earth leakage breaker or safety switch are in order.

Happy Investing !

fishbuff

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Fish, I felt bad after telling you to avoid owner-builder.. what I meant was.. if you are planning something big, you shld avoid owner-builder.. ie building a dwelling. In this instance, owner-builder is required by law for safety & structural reasons.

However, this does not apply if you intend to DIY minor stuff such as toilet upgrade, painting, rendering, flooring, kitchen etc
All these can be done DIY without the need to apply owner-builder.

Of course, I trust if you touch the plumbing and elec, you shld know good practices :smile: What worst wld happen in the event you fail ? Floors will be floated water .. and electrical switch board will tripped.. no death eh ? Pls check if your earth leakage breaker or safety switch are in order.

Happy Investing !

how do the land title/property ownership goes about on duplex houses on a plot of land? do they split into A and B, or two different plot of land?

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
how do the land title/property ownership goes about on duplex houses on a plot of land? do they split into A and B, or two different plot of land?

In WA, a plot of land is usually on a GREEN TITLE.
If the local council agree to a subdivision into 2 lots for 2 duplexes. It usually becomes a SURVEY STRATA BLOCK (less than 5 units)

If the duplexes do not have common walls, and both owners agree on what to do with any common area (eg driveway). each owner can manage the duplex like a GREEN Title. No need Strata Insurance, Strata Body Corporate, etc.

Under the old Strata scheme or for multiple units, the owner of each unit is responsible for the interior walls and his allocated lot. The Body Corp will take care of things like roof, common area (eg gardening) and perimeter fencing.
The building insurance is shared among the owners and there will be strata levy charges periodically to maintain the Body Corp office, operational expenses as well as a sinking fund for major maintenance.

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal

Duplex hses do not require subdivision. It can be built under a single title subject to Council approval of course.

Before you begin (or acquire), you shld refer to the town planning guidelines.. if you comply fully, then you will get your approval. You need to submit a formal document to indicate your compliance. or alternative solutions if any. It is important to know streetscape character and parking requirement. ie. single pitch roof rendered dwelling require 2 carparks space. Also note the min requirement for land area/room area and the allowable covered area.

Refer Brisbane City Council - How to Apply DA
HTTP://www.brisbane.qld.gov.au/BCC:BASE::pc=PC_5169

You are an outsider.. hence, you may require many more time to understand the entire process. I suggest you take a town planning degree course and work for URA for a few years :smile: heehee.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You are an outsider.. hence, you may require many more time to understand the entire process. I suggest you take a town planning degree course and work for URA for a few years :smile: heehee.

Interesting.

My builder just told me that there is a easement on my block. If I move the house back, he will check if the council will allow my eaves to go very close to the end of my fencing.

I really need to take town planning course. Bloody council!

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Interesting.

My builder just told me that there is a easement on my block. If I move the house back, he will check if the council will allow my eaves to go very close to the end of my fencing.

I really need to take town planning course. Bloody council!

Haha.. you dont need town planning course lah..

General rule, you are not suppose to have encroachment to easement. No need to seek Council approval for patio, verandah or deck if it is less than 10m2 and ht avg 3.5m. It is considered "Exempt Development".. Town planning jurisdiction only covers the frontage or streetscape, as well as height limit & setbacks..

See Council for a Pre-Lodgement meeting.. you will have an interim answer.

fishbuff

Alfrescian
Loyal
Duplex hses do not require subdivision. It can be built under a single title subject to Council approval of course.

Before you begin (or acquire), you shld refer to the town planning guidelines.. if you comply fully, then you will get your approval. You need to submit a formal document to indicate your compliance. or alternative solutions if any. It is important to know streetscape character and parking requirement. ie. single pitch roof rendered dwelling require 2 carparks space. Also note the min requirement for land area/room area and the allowable covered area.

Refer Brisbane City Council - How to Apply DA
HTTP://www.brisbane.qld.gov.au/BCC:BASE::pc=PC_5169

thanks again.

whatabout those queenslander house that have been propped up and they say; "not legal height". what does that mean? is the house constructed illegally or the 1st floor cannot be consider as livable?

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Haha.. you dont need town planning course lah..

General rule, you are not suppose to have encroachment to easement. No need to seek Council approval for patio, verandah or deck if it is less than 10m2 and ht avg 3.5m. It is considered "Exempt Development".. Town planning jurisdiction only covers the frontage or streetscape, as well as height limit & setbacks..

See Council for a Pre-Lodgement meeting.. you will have an interim answer.

Thanks. I will check ... Anyway, my alfresco will be under the main roof, and it is only 32 course to ceiling instead of 36c. Not 100% sure what it means, but I wanted a raised ceiling.

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
thanks again.

whatabout those queenslander house that have been propped up and they say; "not legal height". what does that mean? is the house constructed illegally or the 1st floor cannot be consider as livable?

There is a height limited to all "buildings". Generally, it should not be more than 8.5m from natural ground level. If the height exceeds.. the Council will demand you to put DA approval to relax the rule.

In every "habitable area", the min height shall be at least 2.4m (finished floor area to the underside of ceiling). I suspect the previous owner used it as a carport or garage .. subsequently converted it into bedrooms. This is not acceptable under the law.. there will be implications.. if the hse is on fire..

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks. I will check ... Anyway, my alfresco will be under the main roof, and it is only 32 course to ceiling instead of 36c. Not 100% sure what it means, but I wanted a raised ceiling.

Refer to my earlier post.
Building height < 8.5m ht
Rooms height > 2.4m ht

Minor renov - considered "Exempt" or "Self-assessable" does not require a DA approval. BA approval is good enough...

Someone may ask you to approach a solicitor to confirmed this again:biggrin: You and I know who shld we seek for consultation..:wink: