• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Too old for library job

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR>Too old for library job
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- 4 or less paragraphs so show all paragraphs first before showing the media and bkstry and stuffs --><!-- story content : start --><!-- story content : start -->'I am upset that a public institution is not practising what the Government preaches.'
<!-- story content : start -->MRS PATRICIA LEONG: 'My husband, who has just left his customer service job, was delighted when he saw a recruitment advertisement for library assistants in the newspaper. He has always talked about getting a job in the library. He called the number provided, but to his disappointment, he was told that the National Library Board would consider only applicants who are aged 50 and below. The person on the line explained that some physical duties, such as pushing a trolley of books, were involved. As a human resource practitioner who has attended numerous seminars and workshops organised by the Ministry of Manpower and the Singapore National Employers Federation calling for an end to age discrimination, I am very upset that a public institution is not practising what the Government preaches. The least it could do was to grant all candidates an interview for further assessment. I have advised my husband to volunteer at the library instead. Perhaps, as a volunteer, he will not need to push the heavy trolley of books.'

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=heading>Latest comments</TD></TR><TR><TD id=messageDisplayRegion width="100%"><TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%" cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left><TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%" cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left><TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%" class=Post cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left>The writer is lucky.

At my time, they stop employing people who are 40s and above.
</TD></TR><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left>Posted by: sakuratoratora at Sat Oct 17 18:32:48 SGT 2009
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left><TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%" cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left><TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%" class=AlternatePost cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left>WRITE TO YOUR HARDWORKING MP.
Oops..but remember your MP might have to refer it to......you know who.
So its all gong to be a waste of time. But try anyway.
</TD></TR><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left>Posted by: sharlynrj at Sat Oct 17 17:44:12 SGT 2009
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left><TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%" cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left><TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%" class=Post cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left>Discrimination nowadays happened everywhere in Singapore not only in Library.
It is a sad thing to learnt that Singaporeans now are not considerate and lost their sense of humor.
</TD></TR><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left>Posted by: perry0164 at Sat Oct 17 16:22:32 SGT 2009
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left><TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%" cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left><TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%" class=AlternatePost cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left>Someday that idiot who said made that remarked will face retribution, if he ever lives to 50.
</TD></TR><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left>Posted by: dragonovic at Sat Oct 17 15:26:43 SGT 2009
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left><TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%" cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left><TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%" class=Post cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left>Govt should set better work practices for private sector to follow and for betterment of SG..

Civil Serice now discriminates based on age and new employees are on yearly or two-yearly contracts. This should not be the case.
</TD></TR><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left>Posted by: timezone at Sat Oct 17 12:09:37 SGT 2009
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

kakowi

Alfrescian
Loyal
<!-- story content : start -->MRS PATRICIA LEONG: 'My husband, who has just left his customer service job, was delighted when he saw a recruitment advertisement for library assistants in the newspaper. He has always talked about getting a job in the library. He called the number provided, but to his disappointment, he was told that the National Library Board would consider only applicants who are aged 50 and below. The person on the line explained that some physical duties, such as pushing a trolley of books, were involved. '

It is amazing that this organization can feel that age is the barometer for strength and health.

Suddenly at the age of 51, a person can no longer push a trolley.

What if a doctor certify that he can?

Then according to this logic, that man must be less than 50 years old.

wendypoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
The person on the line explained that some physical duties, such as pushing a trolley of books, were involved.

Books on trolley doesn't sound too bad, those old woman pushed higher stack of cardboards on a trolley too :biggrin:

DerekDear

Alfrescian
Loyal
Books on trolley doesn't sound too bad, those old woman pushed higher stack of cardboards on a trolley too :biggrin:

singapore-fringe-festival-2.jpg

All bullshit.

old+man+3.jpg

There are counter jobs that do not require stacking of books. Sue the MP.

:oIo:

boring

Alfrescian
Loyal
they are born slaves, library don't want this old fucker yet the fucker's wife who another fucker suggest his fucker husband to volunteer work at library, damn fucking joke! just like a fucker asking to suck a dick as a full time sucker get rejected but volunter to lick ass hole instead. hopeless fucker couple!!!

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR>Too old for library job
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- 4 or less paragraphs so show all paragraphs first before showing the media and bkstry and stuffs --><!-- story content : start --><!-- story content : start -->'I am upset that a public institution is not practising what the Government preaches.'
<!-- story content : start -->MRS PATRICIA LEONG: an interview for further assessment. I have advised my husband to volunteer at the library instead. Perhaps, as a volunteer, he will not need to push the heavy trolley of books.'

Mrs Patricia Leong should have advised her husband to volunteer for the opposition grassroots to push the MIW's trolley out, as they were the ones who had created this problem.:biggrin:

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal

<!-- story content : start -->MRS PATRICIA LEONG: 'My husband, who has just left his customer service job, was delighted when he saw a recruitment advertisement for library assistants in the newspaper. He has always talked about getting a job in the library. He called the number provided, but to his disappointment, he was told that the National Library Board would consider only applicants who are aged 50 and below. The person on the line explained that some physical duties, such as pushing a trolley of books, were involved. As a human resource practitioner who has attended numerous seminars and workshops organised by the Ministry of Manpower and the Singapore National Employers Federation calling for an end to age discrimination, I am very upset that a public institution is not practising what the Government preaches. The least it could do was to grant all candidates an interview for further assessment. I have advised my husband to volunteer at the library instead. Perhaps, as a volunteer, he will not need to push the heavy trolley of books.'

GAN KIM YONG, LIM BOON HENG and LIM SWEE SAY what have you gotta say about this?

Silent?

As much as I expected!
:biggrin:

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal

Dear Ms Patricia,

no offence, but the other day i jus saw an advert which states "preferred age is 28 years old and below" for a telemarketing job!

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree with you. The logic is beyond belief - a trolley of all things.

It is amazing that this organization can feel that age is the barometer for strength and health.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal

Here's where mechanisation would have helped. A source of chargeable electric power and any walking dead can operate it. Of course, the Ministers don't know that.

SamuelStalin

Alfrescian
Loyal

From looks alone old people generally equate to negative energy. See, even old people sometimes hang out with the young to feel like them once more.

In future there will be a way to regenerate and rejuvenate old genes and cells. This will even be better than plastic surgery and probably blood transfusion as well.

SamuelStalin

Alfrescian
Loyal
they are born slaves, library don't want this old fucker yet the fucker's wife who another fucker suggest his fucker husband to volunteer work at library, damn fucking joke! just like a fucker asking to suck a dick as a full time sucker get rejected but volunter to lick ass hole instead. hopeless fucker couple!!!

Hahahha you make him sound worse than those 70s tiger show sham rejects.

SamuelStalin

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Ms Patricia,

no offence, but the other day i jus saw an advert which states "preferred age is 28 years old and below" for a telemarketing job!

For a 44-year-old man even though I have no need for this rubbish job from rubbish sleaze sales companies that are a dime-a-dozen out there that aside for my age I do still possess a mesmerizing and sweet voice that melts the hearts of girls and ladies.

Sometimes I deliberately sweeten it up further to make them feel... stimulated. :wink::wink::wink:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

All the 50 year olds out that can still pump the PRC's Ah Men's very hard, and inflate them....:biggrin:

Like Johnny Waler,,born xxxx , STILL going STRONG!!

SamuelStalin

Alfrescian
Loyal

Show a doctor who can certify that he can push trolleys above the age of 50 years old, and we'd show you an exceptional liar :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

In order to save cost, so that you & your children are subsidized & need not pay more; so those working in the public libraries will have to put on a harnass & pull the trolly of books. That is the reason why, over 50, can not be considered for the job, for they have to pull the trolley.

:p