• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singapore Command and Staff College - New Doctrine

DerekLeung

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singaporeans as foot-soldiers - foreigners as command positions !
Lets analyse their new idealogy !

Updated: 10th September 2008, 2136 hrs
More foreigners graduate from S'pore's top formal military education

The Crest, logo of Singapore Command and Staff College

SCSC%20logo.gif

More nationalities have passed through Singapore's highest level of formal military education, known as the Command and Staff Course.

For the first time, a German officer and a female from Brunei are among the graduands.

This year's batch saw 125 officers, of whom fourteen came from countries like Australia, Brunei, China, New Zealand and the United States.

Completing the nine-month course was not easy for Germany's Lieutenant-Colonel Illner Wolfgang Paul.

"When I came over, I had a poor European view about Asia. I got a lot of experiences and different sides of views here. The most challenging thing was writing the assignments which we had to write in English. I got used to writing military orders which are normally sharp and short. But writing in epic form and over 25 pages was quite challenging because English is not my mother tongue."

The course prepares officers for senior command and staff appointments in the SAF.

Foreign participation allows officers from the Singapore Armed Forces to forge and strengthen professional and personal ties with their counterparts from other countries.

To date, 155 international officers from 23 countries have completed the course.

insanity08

Alfrescian
Loyal
The purpose for the army to invite foreign armies to come over for SCSC is because of diplomatic reasons...

Our soldiers are also invited to attend military courses as well, in germany, india, australia, US, UK and many others. Does that means that the soldiers in US are gonna be under our generals in future?

BlueCat

Alfrescian
Loyal
bro,do think too much and deep into it.
it is just sharing of ideas,a lot of countries are doing it.

madmansg

Alfrescian
Loyal
maybe it is to sabo foreign countries as they discovered past SAF generals become senile a few years after graduation. This is sg secret weapon.