• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunset

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Sunset,

Sorry for late reply, just saw your message...

I selected a pool facing corner unit in Block A, what about yours?
Able to understand the skepticism as developer has yet to be proven in this particular market segment.

Though as an underdog comparing to Setia and UEM/Garmuda, MahaBuilder is no pushover and I believe the hillside luxury concept of Horizon Residence will be appreciated when other highrise projects in the vicinity are completed.

Hi Truly Asia,

Thank you for replying, no issue.:biggrin: mine is facing the HH Golf Course, as claim by the sales, hopefully so. :rolleyes: Bought it because I prefer a little more "secluded" than from the shopping area. I do not really like crowded places, and as I bought this for weekend getaway from Sin, so like it slow and less stressful.
Wow....Yours facing the pool? Kool:cool: But have been quite often there to check on the development, a little slow I must say. But have to be patient though. :smile:
Is there any "tips" to share? Like good place to dine, shop, car accesories, seaside for fishing( I mean nearest from there) etc.......? Thanks again for replying, appreciate it.

Sunset

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Sunset,

Sorry for late reply, just saw your message...

I selected a pool facing corner unit in Block A, what about yours?
Able to understand the skepticism as developer has yet to be proven in this particular market segment.

Though as an underdog comparing to Setia and UEM/Garmuda, MahaBuilder is no pushover and I believe the hillside luxury concept of Horizon Residence will be appreciated when other highrise projects in the vicinity are completed.

Hi Truly Asia,

I just re-read your reply posting, you mentioned "other highrise projects in the vicinity are completed". are you refering to the empty plot of land just in front of Horizon Residence? OR is others that you are refering to? Can share? Just keen to know more about the surroundings since intending to be there in a couple of years. Sorry, was too Kan Cheong to reply and did not read your reply post properly initially. Thanks..:smile:

TrulyAsia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Sunset,

Just replied in the new thread:

http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?107411-Living-in-JB-2-(Johore)/page52

Have a nice day:smile:

Hi Truly Asia,

I just re-read your reply posting, you mentioned "other highrise projects in the vicinity are completed". are you refering to the empty plot of land just in front of Horizon Residence? OR is others that you are refering to? Can share? Just keen to know more about the surroundings since intending to be there in a couple of years. Sorry, was too Kan Cheong to reply and did not read your reply post properly initially. Thanks..:smile:

cleyeo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Was in JB yesterday, smooth traffic to JB in the morning. But, on my way back to Sing, there was heavy jam at Singapore Custom.

visited Bestari Height, some progress very quick, some are still far behind. Whoever want to visit BH, now you will be stopped by security at the bridge. You will be asked the reason/purpose of visit, then you will be asked to sign the visitor book.

Went to Giant, and not many people around. Seems everyone is still in holiday mood. also in Tesco, so few people.

winnaturalnine

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Friends,

I am Singaporean, 50-yr old male.

I wish to rent a room in JB, preferably nearby first Causeway, maybe Taman Sentosa.
Because of working and travelling to/from Singapore.

No problem if co-share an existing room.

I just need a bed to sleep, thats all. No cooking. No laundry. No visitors.
I do not smoke.

Anyone who has a spare room including co-share basis, kindly send Email to me at "[email protected]".

Thank you very much.
james

typh00n

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thank you wuqi256 for your selfless contribution of information to living in johor bahru. This information is invaluable.

moleman4eva

I have finally decided and got a place to stay in in a condo 5 minutes away from the border. Im gonna work at the Marina Bay Sands from 10am - 8pm. Does anyone have any recommendation on how and which public transportation i should use in order to get to my work the quickest.

Thanks a bunch.

typh00n

Alfrescian
Loyal
Commercial coaches runs from Tune Hotel to Marina Bay Sands and another runs from The Zon to Marina Bay Sands.

pes123

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Living in JB: PROBLEMS WITH MONIER SOLAR WATER HEATER

anyone can recommend a reliable reno contractor in JB?

Well... don't use MONIER!

We decided to use a solar water heater on our bungalow roof in the Hills. We selected MONIER who at the time seemed knowledgable and helpful.

However, the installation has been a nightmare! They installed the solar panel in the SHADE.. NO SUN! We have been unsuccessful in getting them to fix it properly. We've been heating our water using the backup electrical heater in the solar tank... we cannot get hot water using solar energy because the solar pannels are shaded!

I've heard that a number of people at Horizon Hills have had the same problem with MONIER.... we are suing them to get it fixed.Anyone else having these problems with MONIER want to join with us?

Jogs1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bukit Indah CW Interchange will move to Indah 2 on March 10, 2012.

https://www.facebook.com/causewaylink?ref=ts&sk=wall

Causeway Link

ANNOUNCEMENT : CW3 and CW6 Pick-up & Drop-off point shift to Bukit Indah 2

Please be informed that effective on 10th March 2012, the existing CW3 and CW6 bus stopping point (Bukit Indah Causeway Link cafe) will be relocated to Bukit Indah 2 (near Pasar Mini Ashraf, Jln Indah 22/2)

Passengers are to note the following :-
1. There will be spacious free* parking lots at the new stopping point Bukit Indah 2.

2. The bus schedule will operate as per normal (any changes will be informed via our website).

3. The café will still be operational; it is just the terminal which will be relocated.

Any enquiries or feedback, kindly contact +607 360 2244 or email to [email protected]

* Free parking until further notice from authorities

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
anyone can recommend a reliable reno contractor in JB?

Yes. This one very important.

Especially if one were to stay in Spore with no car. The thought of going to and fro, to "spot check" the contractors, really a hassle if we are working fulltime here in tiny red dot.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
maxpark said:
My wife is Singaporean, my in-laws are all Singaporeans, my colleagues are 70% Singaporeans.
We travel extensively together.
Nevermind, I will certainly never 100% know how a Singaporean feels as I dont have those damn red papers, that is a fact, my bad.

Maxpark, I believe you are still in your prime years and your work contributions may still be valuable to Singapore. Trust me, unless you are very rich, otherwise, once you've reached your twilight years and you happen to be out of job, you will experience what those of the same age in Singapore are presently encountering. Thereafter, I believe you'll have a different opinion as of now.

To get a MPR is truly difficult, but not impossible. When I was applying for my MM2H, I had also inquired to the officer and he told me that it is still worth a try, especially if one has no bad conduct recorded and the length of stay is in excess of 10 years, there is still a possible chance of success.

Bro Wuqi: On a side note, how come the "Living in JB2" thread is now locked/closed? :*:

Last edited:

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
To get a MPR is truly difficult, but not impossible.

On a side note, how come the "Living in JB2" thread is now locked/closed? :*:

Not only apply to Chinese. But also to Sporean Malay too. Correct me if i am wrong.

Ya, how come cant post in the other thread? Tot this thread to the max leow..

Status
Not open for further replies.