• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FleeToMalaysia

What a wonderful website !!
Thanks for all the advice. I seek your 'ultimate' advice : anyone with a reliable and nice to deal with lawyer to help me with my resale transaction?
Would appreciate your advice.
I am keen to get a unit at Senibong ( yes its polluted and sometimes smells ). Thanks and Happy New Year

yonglip

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow bro. Please keep us posted if u have identified any. 1medini should be launching this month, hearsay. Hope can visit their showroom soon. I drove past and saw that their model is actually ready, but sales office wasnt opened.

bro..i think 1medini is leasehold...sian. in fact if i am not wrong, the whole medini is 99 years nia. i rem the area was in exchange with SG for land in Marina area..both for joint development...so 99 for 99...

yonglip

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Nusa Idaman

Anytime this week or next week, the two lovers from both sides will further announce master plans for Nusajaya. Someone was mentioning about Spore mobile signals in Horizon hills or Nusajaya? If the PMs announced Singtel/M1/Starhub network coverage will EXTEND out from Spore to cover entire Nusajaya, that would be nice to hear. I wonder if they will build any new theme parks at all.. the size of the cooperation is really huge.

The last thing I want to hear is the introduction of GST / COE / ERP etc to Nusajaya to screw the residents.

Lets keep our fingers crossed! Any further announcements this week will surely UP the prices for Iskandar!

Agree bro...enough of foreplay, lets hope the 2 lovers can announce something truly substantive and visionary..

Last edited:

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi FT, thanks for sharing the information, seems ND was a right investment after all. :smile:

To everyone here:

Wishing all a prosperous 2012 no matter where you are or what your political affliation might be.

I have been requested to start a new thread to keep things searchable, etc. This thread will still be archived as a sticky
by Mr Leong but will be closed once we reach 800 pages.

The new thread will be started shortly.

Bro , why 800 pages is max for them to handle ?

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
But for investment purposes, I think so long as the rental yield is okay, it's worth considering. Leasehold has lower upfront capital. Last check with one of the agent, he said probably the seeking price will be rm400 to rm450 psf. And u know how much higher it is for impiana and puteri harbour. So, given on the rental yield basis (just comparing 1medini and impiana for example), it should be higher for 1medini(assuming no significant difference for rental for both properties), unless impiana is being marketed as higher end condo, which I doubt so, merely by looking at the perspective/plans. Anyway, will keep an eye.

And for your info, the whole danga bay water front was once a leasehold. It's now a freehold. Anything can happen in Malaysia Boleh land. :wink:

I suspect in the upcoming news, they will announce more updates in medini. I was told that the repeated delay of the medini was due to the lengthier approval process required, given the scale of the master plan there. So, I wil still keep an eye on it, despite it being leasehold, as that location is really prime, in my opinion :-)

bro..i think 1medini is leasehold...sian. in fact if i am not wrong, the whole medini is 99 years nia. i rem the area was in exchange with SG for land in Marina area..both for joint development...so 99 for 99...

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hmmm ... These 2 factors wont give much economic values leh .... Chances are minimum haha ... Let's brainstorm again. how about having an extension of mrt track from tuas to Nusajaya????

Anytime this week or next week, the two lovers from both sides will further announce master plans for Nusajaya. Someone was mentioning about Spore mobile signals in Horizon hills or Nusajaya? If the PMs announced Singtel/M1/Starhub network coverage will EXTEND out from Spore to cover entire Nusajaya, that would be nice to hear. I wonder if they will build any new theme parks at all.. the size of the cooperation is really huge.

The last thing I want to hear is the introduction of GST / COE / ERP etc to Nusajaya to screw the residents.

Lets keep our fingers crossed! Any further announcements this week will surely UP the prices for Iskandar!

Last edited:

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
What could be the motive to shoot dead a person? Must be deep hatred! Just 6 months ago, a fatal shooting also happened in TUTA. No wonder my friends kept advising me to stay clear from this place. In the middle of the night sometimes back, my friend heard shoutings and looking out of the window and saw a few Chinese men holding parangs forcing a man out of his car while shouting, ROBBERY! ROBBERY! .. they got into the car, also drove their own car and disappeared without a trace. Be home early gentlemen

JOHOR BARU - An undertaker was shot dead while having breakfast at a coffeeshop in Jalan Nakhoda, Taman Ungku Tun Aminah, here.

Ong Chin Loo, 48, who was with two friends, was shot three times by the assailant at about 7.15am yesterday.

Johor deputy police chief Senior Asst Comm Datuk Ismail Yatim said the attacker, who was wearing a helmet, had entered the coffeeshop through the back door and shot point-blank at Ong.

"The suspect then ran towards his motorcycle, which was parked behind the coffeeshop," he said, adding that Ong died at the scene.

Initial investigations revealed that the suspect might have used an automatic pistol, he said, adding that police recovered six bullet shells.

"Police are looking at the CCTV images from the shop to identify the suspect and we are investigating the motive behind the murder.

"We have also detained two people to assist in the investigation," he said.

SAC Ismail urged those with information to contact the police hotline at 07-2212999 or lodge a report at the nearest police station.

Oh ya , bru wuqi mentioned before to avoid Tun Aminah , so scary .....

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hmmm ... These 2 factors wont give much economic values leh .... Chances are minimum haha ... Let's brainstorm again. how about having an extension of mrt track from tuas to Nusajaya????
Mentioned that sometime back but and still think that it makes sense to have MRT run from TUAS to Nusajaya, like a Circle line!!!

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
What could be the motive to shoot dead a person? Must be deep hatred! Just 6 months ago, a fatal shooting also happened in TUTA. No wonder my friends kept advising me to stay clear from this place. In the middle of the night sometimes back, my friend heard shoutings and looking out of the window and saw a few Chinese men holding parangs forcing a man out of his car while shouting, ROBBERY! ROBBERY! .. they got into the car, also drove their own car and disappeared without a trace. Be home early gentlemenJOHOR BARU - An undertaker was shot dead while having breakfast at a coffeeshop in Jalan Nakhoda, Taman Ungku Tun Aminah, here.Ong Chin Loo, 48, who was with two friends, was shot three times by the assailant at about 7.15am yesterday.Johor deputy police chief Senior Asst Comm Datuk Ismail Yatim said the attacker, who was wearing a helmet, had entered the coffeeshop through the back door and shot point-blank at Ong."The suspect then ran towards his motorcycle, which was parked behind the coffeeshop," he said, adding that Ong died at the scene.Initial investigations revealed that the suspect might have used an automatic pistol, he said, adding that police recovered six bullet shells."Police are looking at the CCTV images from the shop to identify the suspect and we are investigating the motive behind the murder."We have also detained two people to assist in the investigation," he said.SAC Ismail urged those with information to contact the police hotline at 07-2212999 or lodge a report at the nearest police station.
Probably 'underworld' related!!!

east539

Alfrescian
Loyal

Give it to the ah Meng, don't fight even if you can beat him flat... Not worth it.

In Singapore it is a different story. One Lao ah Meng honked at my car for being slow and at the traffic Junction, he lowered his window and stared and me. Immediately I opened my car door and charged directly at him.. This chao ah beng so scared and immediately drove off even it is red light.. Never see such a chao coward..

Haha....bro, you sure no colorful languages fly out from your mouth while charging at that chao ah beng?

maxpark

Alfrescian
Loyal
Purely speculation of cos and I could well be wrong - but the idea that there will be an announcement on MRT line from Spore into Nusajaya, etc seems to me, may be a bit premature as I think given the already-announced timeline circa 2018, the authorities may need the time to do a proper survey to find what is feasible and what is not feasible before any further details or conclusive announcements. :biggrin:
I'm still sticking to an official announcement that a 3rd link (be it underwater tunnel or straight brigde!) will be revealed and that agreements on this has been reached, blablabla... anyway, whatever comes along, its all for the good of IM! Lets wish a good start to 2012! :smile:

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Purely an assumption, if they announce a 3rd link at pasir gudang area, will u guys consider buying properties at eastern IM? How many of u have explored and done a study for the east side?

Or perhaps maybe some of u guys have already Chiong in and bought some lol....

Purely speculation of cos and I could well be wrong - but the idea that there will be an announcement on MRT line from Spore into Nusajaya, etc seems to me, may be a bit premature as I think given the already-announced timeline circa 2018, the authorities may need the time to do a proper survey to find what is feasible and what is not feasible before any further details or conclusive announcements. :biggrin:
I'm still sticking to an official announcement that a 3rd link (be it underwater tunnel or straight brigde!) will be revealed and that agreements on this has been reached, blablabla... anyway, whatever comes along, its all for the good of IM! Lets wish a good start to 2012! :smile:

maxpark

Alfrescian
Loyal
For me, did contemplate exploring further on East JB but after further consideration, as far as JB investments goes, decided to focus on Nusajaya only.
There are just too many 'temptations' out there and its so easy to get carried away with all these... However, time to be spent and also limitations on cashflow were other considerations too, so its just not do-able for now... of cos if last night Toto 3m struck, then the story could have been different, hehe... but alas...

avelc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Has anyone used a reputable money changer to TT money? I recall there is one or two recommended before but can't recall the address / location.

gskalra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi guys,

I visited Pasir Gudang and HH yesterday. Must say HH is simply awesome. I walked into the office and asked for Premila straightaway. She was very helpful and informative. Took us to one of the last show units to see in The Hills.

The prices have really gone up, and looks like I will have to wait for the new development to be ready to be able to think about purchasing. HH is really well maintained and quality of build is really good.

One thing I would like to check though, the rental rate of RM2500 for the smaller houses, isn't that really less? or is it a standard rate? Is it low because it is difficult to find tenants? We were discussing amongst ourselves, that it would be shiok to rent out in Singapore and take a place in HH for rental.

Also with so many developments planned in HH alone, will the price of the property go down? There will be a lot of supply and someone told us that the population for Johor Bahru is only 1.2million.

I am asking this questions, so to see if I should rob a bank now, and put a deposit, or should I quietly save and wait for the future. Thanks

yonglip

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi guys,

I visited Pasir Gudang and HH yesterday. Must say HH is simply awesome. I walked into the office and asked for Premila straightaway. She was very helpful and informative. Took us to one of the last show units to see in The Hills.

The prices have really gone up, and looks like I will have to wait for the new development to be ready to be able to think about purchasing. HH is really well maintained and quality of build is really good.

One thing I would like to check though, the rental rate of RM2500 for the smaller houses, isn't that really less? or is it a standard rate? Is it low because it is difficult to find tenants? We were discussing amongst ourselves, that it would be shiok to rent out in Singapore and take a place in HH for rental.

Also with so many developments planned in HH alone, will the price of the property go down? There will be a lot of supply and someone told us that the population for Johor Bahru is only 1.2million.

I am asking this questions, so to see if I should rob a bank now, and put a deposit, or should I quietly save and wait for the future. Thanks

bro..how about the pasir gudang part?

Status
Not open for further replies.