• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nope bro, I was there in precinct 7a but didn't go into the sales office. I'm now waiting and "wanting" for something bigger. If this doesn't work out, I will fall back to NI. Did u book one?

eh dreamoraction bro, u managed to book NI yesterday?. I was there too..

yonglip

Alfrescian
Loyal
By the way, understand that majority of those who bought are Singaporeans who bought most of the corner/end lots and semi-ds. But locals are not buying the intermediate which is slightly below 500K. I counted overall less than 50% take up so far. dont know whats keeping the locals at bay..hopefully it would mean no price increase in the meantime...so u still got time to think about it...but M'sian developers have a knack to increase price eventhough take up is low....i think its a tactic to force the fence-sitters to commit.

cheers.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's what I say. Those prices may be slightly on the high side for the reach/immediate consideration by the local. And going in a bit further, nusa sentral is offering so much more and at cheaper price. For local, this minor difference of distance in exchange of the value-add/value for money is well worth. They have no worries to commute into Singapore on daily basis. The agent insisted that they won't inflat price in order to accommodate more sinkies, I shall wait and see. In yesterday news, there were a lot of "not-so-positive" news. I'm really not sure what's their next strategy to sell off the remaining units when many have adopted cautious approach, with the tightening of loan policy. And they also insisted on removing the 10k discount. I'll wait to see what their next move will be. Anyway, right now, I'm not worried that I cant get one at NI. I've my eyes on 2 other properties (which i came across on saturday) which I shall share later. And hopefully the 2 PMs will announce the news sooner!

All in all, the price is still reasonable for NI, when compared to some surrounding tamans. I don't think I have missed too much, apart from the 10k. I just need slightly more time to make a judgement call and 10k wasn't enough to tempt me to put in deposit by yesterday.

By the way, understand that majority of those who bought are Singaporeans who bought most of the corner/end lots and semi-ds. But locals are not buying the intermediate which is slightly below 500K. I counted overall less than 50% take up so far. dont know whats keeping the locals at bay..hopefully it would mean no price increase in the meantime...so u still got time to think about it...but M'sian developers have a knack to increase price eventhough take up is low....i think its a tactic to force the fence-sitters to commit.

cheers.

Last edited:

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro Greddy88
You may want to consider a Shariah loan? Some are capped at 9 to 10%.

Do realise that it is a totally different concept altogether. The concept is the bank buys from you at the current price and you commit to buy back from the bank at price+maximum interest (the 9% or 10%). Although i believe the bank officer's statement this is just the contractual form but in essence it is the same as an ordinary loan... the contractual document scared the shit out of me and i rejected the loan.

Diaspora

Alfrescian
Loyal

cheers.

Bro Yonglip,

Contrary to what I have been told, majority of the purchasers are Malaysian. Well, my SA may have mostly Malaysian customers but may not be the case for the other SA. Crystal jie did a back of the paper calculation, for NI P8 the percentage sold thus far is approx 36%, after being launched for more than 3months; and with construction of 30-40%.

If you refer to the mapping of lots for P8, most of the 'better' lots had already been taken ie corner / end lots, lots facing the lake / green park. These are the more expensive units...

Again, from what I have been told, most of those purchasing are from some of the nearby taman ie BI; and are buying for own stay instead of flipping. In fact, during the day of my SPA signing, there was another lady who's scouting around for an unit in NI. She intends to sell her current unit in BI.

Well, since I am vested in NI now, my opinion maybe a bit bias...But then again, I have visited many other tamans ie HH, BI, Setia Tropika, Permas Jaya, Bdr Seri Alam...with the exception of HH, which is way above my league now...NI suited me most due to its location, overall ambience and layout; its finishings and its management (DMC).

Last edited:

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey guys

How to go to mydin fr e coastal highway fr woodlands? Exit which one? I usually go by e small road behind ni. Ytd turned wrong exit at runabout n reached puteri habour n u turn a long way to mydin. And after shopping mydin , I realized can try e highway bk towards Pusat Bandaraya something. So I managed to go bk bk Indah. thanks

Sanur

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Legoland

Yep annual. whole lot cheaper than USS...also USS rides are 'too exciting' for my 3 kids...Legoland is easier on the heart..haha..

no indication of block out dates..i also dont want to go during those dates which are normally super-peak time.
My advise is if u have kids below 12, BUY!! before the promotion period is up..they did talk about reducing price for day passes cos Msians feel ex etc...but most likely if any reduction is only for M'sians..Foreigners definitely will have to pay the full price...so dont need to wait...cheers.

Hi,

Happen yo know the price of individual annual pass or families with 3 adults n one child pricing? May I know where to we buy the annual pass from? Tganks

yonglip

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro Yonglip,

Contrary to what I have been told, majority of the purchasers are Malaysian. Well, my SA may have mostly Malaysian customers but may not be the case for the other SA. Crystal jie did a back of the paper calculation, for NI P8 the percentage sold thus far is approx 36%, after being launched for more than 3months; and with construction of 30-40%.

If you refer to the mapping of lots for P8, most of the 'better' lots had already been taken ie corner / end lots, lots facing the lake / green park. These are the more expensive units...

Again, from what I have been told, most of those purchasing are from some of the nearby taman ie BI; and are buying for own stay instead of flipping. In fact, during the day of my SPA signing, there was another lady who's scouting around for an unit in NI. She intends to sell her current unit in BI.

Well, since I am vested in NI now, my opinion maybe a bit bias...But then again, I have visited many other tamans ie HH, BI, Setia Tropika, Permas Jaya, Bdr Seri Alam...with the exception of HH, which is way above my league now...NI suited me most due to its location, overall ambience and layout; its finishings and its management (DMC).

thats odd bro...they did tell me mostly bought by SG. and personally i have 2 SG friends who bought there too. regardless la bro, the place is ok. i like the layout of the units and more importantly the affordability of the place. thats why i visited the place a couple of times also.

cheers.

maxpark

Alfrescian
Loyal
thats odd bro...they did tell me mostly bought by SG. and personally i have 2 SG friends who bought there too. regardless la bro, the place is ok. i like the layout of the units and more importantly the affordability of the place. thats why i visited the place a couple of times also.

cheers.

Without actual verifiable facts, we can only use anecdotal observations (for example, how many vacant units in completed projects, etc) as to how many of these properties are owned by locals and non-locals.

By law, foreigners cannot buy properties below $500k, so that already created two distinct classes of consumers.

My own perception is that the majority of +$500k are bought by non-locals; principally buyers who do not live in these properties and are tied in one way or another to Singapore (be it Singaporeans, Msians working/living in Spore, foreigners working/living in Spore, etc).

Why?
- the strong Singapore Dollar
- the urge to find an alternative against the incredibly high property prices in Singapore in the last 1-2 years
- the much improved political relationship between the two countries
- the positive write-ups by the media on developments in Iskandar
- not but not least, forums like this that give courage to others to take the plunge too....
- etc.

Lets see if all the promises for 2012, ie the "tipping point" year, will turn out to be true!

pasture8

Alfrescian
Loyal
NI:8B construction progessing well today. The lake looked just beautiful with clear transparent water by the edge of the lake. The unit beside the show house, the tiles are laid. Must remember to put a measuring tape in the car, been wanting to take some measurements, but everytime forget to bring.

i hazard a guess that people who are "in the know" and have been following the development of NI since 2010 where "put off" by a sudden price increase of about RM50K during the launch of a certain precinct (not NI:8, the pricinct which i cannot recall offhand). That is why local johoreans are put off in buying new NI phases from UEM now... also, I read from some forums that there was a period when UEM launch NI without informing of the price officially but base on grapewine and when they (UEM) sense the "offer price" from the market, they announce the price officially(?). This way of marketing may not go down well with potential customers.

For ppl who were not there during the 300K to 400K price "golden" period, and who did not encounter the psychologically "mild trauma" of a 50K increase within a month(?) was in a frame of mind more able to purchase NI:8 now. That may be the reason why anadoctally you find more SGeans who have no "historical baggage" with regards to the above past incident buying NI:8 at the moment(?).

But i believe as time goes by, genuine buyers who study the lay out and the masterplan and gives due consideration to prevailing and future potential of this development and come to see it for themselves will not hesitate to pick a unit.

note: sentences end with a (?) mean "query". Information not independently verified.

Last edited:

Okane

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Nusa Idaman

Hi vincentck,

thanks for your sharing.
I went to Nusa Idaman today and I did not feel the X-Factor as I felt in Horizon Hill.
There was just a wow factor in HH. It could be the golf course that makes me us feel so. The advantage of NI is the price about 20% cheaper.
Today my wife said: She still prefers to retire in Singapore hahaha
Because everything is so near. Over there we may have nice luxury greenery,low density housing. But after awhile she'll feel bored and would also like to walk out to buy some groceries.
And she feels it is inconvenient to do that in Malaysia.

We had a bad experience today in JUSCO.
There was an Ahbeng Malaysian which took over our parking slot while I tried to reverse park my car.
I went out and I asked him why he did so. He said, he has been watching the slot from far away. Yes, I said that means the whole carpark belong to u just by watching while our car was nearest to the slot.
Anyway if I didn't bring my wife and son. I would probably whack him with my Rattan Stick which I bought in Melacca
View attachment 3301

Hi Bro Idaman,

After I view NI, was quite impress by the P8 show house and end lot going at RM536K. But later on when I go to HH, can feel the X-factor as well. So end up now holding back thinking wanna wait for the next launch, which is definately more expensive, or grab NI P8 now. Have been thinking these few days Liao. Still can't decide.

Another very sian incident is that my bro told my dad about our idea of getting a unit in JB. Straight away he slam our idea and told us the house will not increase in value with so much land I'm Malaysia and tell us straight in the face without us explaning our intended idea, which is to stay there on weekend and not for flipping quick return.

tansi

Alfrescian
Loyal
quite curious about the concept, the essence seems the same as any bank loan, however, must the bank sell back to you and not any bidder willing to pay higher?
Do realise that it is a totally different concept altogether. The concept is the bank buys from you at the current price and you commit to buy back from the bank at price+maximum interest (the 9% or 10%). Although i believe the bank officer's statement this is just the contractual form but in essence it is the same as an ordinary loan... the contractual document scared the shit out of me and i rejected the loan.

Narmi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Today visited JPO, this for the second time.

Some observations :
- open concept shops and carpark : on a baking hot day like today, it was really bad.
Although the fans and shelter shades reduced the heat somewhat, I shudder to think if it were in middle of the year, when the weather is hottest and you dont have the wind like now.
The carparks were pretty far away too and no shelter whatsoever, so on hot days like today, the car is an oven, aircond working overtime.
On rainy days, I can imagine it will be a logistical nightmare if all the cars congregate at the kerb to pick up passengers and can be dangerous.
- quality of goods : at best, is inconsistent. Some garments, for example, looked soiled and obviously are old stock. A few times we tried to ask for certain sizes in clothes and especially for shoes, no sizes left.
- food court, we found was too small and the variety of food quite wanting. It does not make sense to have lunch or dinner here at all. Maybe for a quick bite or snacks perhaps.
- Coach : well, just wanted to mention this as we thought it was strange that a persistent queue formed outside since 10am and when we left at 1230pm, after circling the store a few times, we still could not enter (we didnt want to queue as we wanted to finish within 3 hours!).
I mentioned "strange" because whenever we peered into the shop, it was half-empty! The right-hand side of the shop was glaringly under-patronised and hardly any customers, while all the main action was at the ladies bags section.
They really should do something on their product mix and crowd management as they surely lost our biz today. It would probably have been better if they do not stop people from entering as some shops were equally busy as well but there wasnt any "no entry" policy there...
OK, my wife said that it was probably to ensure the patrons had a nice "buying experience"; well, it surely didnt happen to us as we did not even manage to enter. Besides, Coach is not exactly a high-end luxury brand, so what "experience" to speak about... OK, I'm just pissed as we couldnt enter, hehehe...
- Smokers : for us who are non-smokers, it wasn't a nice experience as smokers were walking along and especially where they put the benches and dustbins, people were lighting up and puffing away. JPO should really designate separate areas for smokers (away from crowds) and not allow them to smoke along the corridors outside the shops. For us, this was a real bad experience, on a hot and humid day. Talk about 2nd hand smoke on all the kids and older folks too...
- Parking : having driven almost an hour to reach a Mall situated in the middle of nowhere, the very least one expected would be free parking! :smile:... Well, the 1st time I was there, it was free. Today its M$3 per entry. It was not exactly the money (well, every cent counts these days!) but more the searching for ticket and the damn queue. Amazing that there was a person stationed at the ticket machine (I think its one single ticketing machine per end next to Maybank and the ATMs), helping each person to put in the ticket and the money. Hopefully the machines dont break down one of these days!...

Overall, apart from a few decent buys, we did not enjoy the shopping experience at all.
We spent less than 3 hours there and by the time we were ready to leave, it was already quite "enough".
In contrast, we spent the next 4 hours in Jusco Bukit Indah and had a much, much more pleasant experience.
I dont think we will be back to JPO for a long time, sorry to say (ok, maybe just one more time, for the Coach bag my niece wanted but anyway...).
Hopefully, things will improve - fast and drastically! :*:
Cheers!

Bro
Agree with u on Coach issue. I surmise that many who enter are only browsing (comparing prices). But if wanna buy like my missus she will wait some good bargain but of course not latest & slightly more dear than US outlets. But she got 2 bags at 50% n 40% discount (2 different occasions of coz). Tip for bros n sis is to go ard 8pm. Less flies and people.

avalon74

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Legoland

Just bought 2 adults + 2 kids annual pass to legoland...RM707 all in...hopefully no delays to the opening..

cheers.

Great.. I am interested to get the annual pass as well..
Just back from Gold coast with family & validated my retirement plans in JB..

Got the super pass for Warner Bros, Sea World & White Water at 99 AUD per pax

avalon74

Alfrescian
Loyal
Back from SEG last week after a month away..
Found the master bedroom toilet WC cracked & water ponding (minor case) in toilet.

Informed residence club & the subcontractor says he will need to check stock prior informing me on the replacement..
lucky have enuff toilets to use but like it to be recetified before CNY..

Heard its the 3 case of WC cracked within estate but subcon says the factory did the QC already..
lemon:confused:

maxpark

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro
Agree with u on Coach issue. I surmise that many who enter are only browsing (comparing prices). But if wanna buy like my missus she will wait some good bargain but of course not latest & slightly more dear than US outlets. But she got 2 bags at 50% n 40% discount (2 different occasions of coz). Tip for bros n sis is to go ard 8pm. Less flies and people.

Bro, thanks for the tip.
Looks like Coach is very popular indeed!

Status
Not open for further replies.