• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Have you considered Senibong Cove which is right after Straits View? Quite a big project with a number of sea view units. I've been there a couple of times but not too keen overall. You might differ, so do check it out if you haven't.

The cove is rather smelly and i have no confidence at all if they will ever clean up the river. The involvement of an Australian developer isn't any comfort. Straits View Residences is a lot nicer especially the 2 storey high ceiling ones... but then... you have to drive past a very "local" vicinity before entering the place. In other words, there is potentially a huge security issue

lastresort

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: causeway link bus

hahaha.. maybe cause somebody posted my photo and quoted me on the FB page. That's why I never join such groups, later see familiar faces there.. I know there's a book writer on malaysia property even used my photo from FB.. lol

Last edited:

contra

Alfrescian
Loyal

But she said booking doesn't mean I have secured the 10k. Need to sign snp by this Saturday to make it valid. That's more like to rush me la, scare tactic, I'm sure I can negotiate and pay booking fee first, and take another to sign snp in jan. they also want my biz because of the slow sales response right? Whatever it is, think I need to make decision latest by tomorrow or Thursday ..... My heart is beating at 180 while I'm typing ...

here today, gone tomorrow!

Brother DreamorAction, your 180 beats per minute reminds me of the time I was in the same position. I ditthered and I missed the developer-price HH Golf terrace. Someone more decisive (or at the time I saw as more 'daring') got ahead of me just by a day!
Then I had to cast my net further above my budget by a lot to reach the Hills terrace developer-price. Any regrets? Not at all. To be sure, your heart will race more than 180 when you are signing the papers and the bank loans :smile:

after a few months you will be settled and adjusted to having a loan and an investment.

It is agonising for people like us who earn a salary. But let me take away one worry which is you fear they may drop price next year. UEM Land has very deep pockets and owned by Khazanah (like Temasek) and they are the Master Developer of Nusajaya. So they will not throw price to make a sale as they have holding power. This is reinforced by their acquisition of Sunrise this year where they are known for their savvyness in Marketing to sinkies, ref Mont Kiara in KL. They learned from Singapore developers. Only drop will come from investors who cannot hold in economy downturn. I do not suspect there will be many of such in NI as the positioning from the outset had been affordable luxury.

Question that is relevant is do you have holding power? If you are young, you should be employable for the long haul. Bro Puteri Harbour once commented very rightly that the biggest asset you have is your age where you are in best position to get a loan.

by the way is that unit near any public facilities like mosque? no worries if the noise is music to your ears or does not bother you. (hope no one is offended by this remark but is a relevant point to consider esp if you are an investor - it can be both pro and con)

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal

Haaa.. Thanks for the info. Very good points

1) there is an old soul inside this tired young body. Any beats higher than 180 might cause me to faint and collapse! Lol
2) yep, histories always repeat themselves. Some one will miss the boat, some gets in early and some just at the right last minute before missing it. However, the profile of those on the boats could well be different. Some have deeper pockets and able to ride the next boat and some can actually afford a private yatch :wink: for me, I'm the builder of the boat, starting out before I can join u guys on the boat for a leisure tour and enjoying. I'm working on it, I will persevere. Just trying to assess everything and be 5000% sure in order to make the right call. So I supposed that have answered the question bout my holding power. Definitely not a lot, but I have more building power and longer time to build the muscle, as u have rightly pointed out :-)
3) think there is a mosque nearby. Not sure big scale or just a Surau. I will double confirm it.

here today, gone tomorrow!

Brother DreamorAction, your 180 beats per minute reminds me of the time I was in the same position. I ditthered and I missed the developer-price HH Golf terrace. Someone more decisive (or at the time I saw as more 'daring') got ahead of me just by a day!
Then I had to cast my net further above my budget by a lot to reach the Hills terrace developer-price. Any regrets? Not at all. To be sure, your heart will race more than 180 when you are signing the papers and the bank loans :smile:

after a few months you will be settled and adjusted to having a loan and an investment.

It is agonising for people like us who earn a salary. But let me take away one worry which is you fear they may drop price next year. UEM Land has very deep pockets and owned by Khazanah (like Temasek) and they are the Master Developer of Nusajaya. So they will not throw price to make a sale as they have holding power. This is reinforced by their acquisition of Sunrise this year where they are known for their savvyness in Marketing to sinkies, ref Mont Kiara in KL. They learned from Singapore developers. Only drop will come from investors who cannot hold in economy downturn. I do not suspect there will be many of such in NI as the positioning from the outset had been affordable luxury.

Question that is relevant is do you have holding power? If you are young, you should be employable for the long haul. Bro Puteri Harbour once commented very rightly that the biggest asset you have is your age where you are in best position to get a loan.

by the way is that unit near any public facilities like mosque? no worries if the noise is music to your ears or does not bother you. (hope no one is offended by this remark but is a relevant point to consider esp if you are an investor - it can be both pro and con)

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Strange that you dont think Wuqi is also an agent or find him terribly annoying since he is a 101% Bull on HH! hahaha...
Chill and Cheers!

Maxpark, i am in IT and have a business in Preschool, definitely not in property, much less an agent. Please don't bring me into this discussion.

Please state my agenda, from day one i was advocating buying and living in MY and not just in HH. I always was clear about my preference for HH but i have never left other developments out.

I also recommended about other places as well. Read through my posts to get the full picture, i have 2 properties not in HH btw.

Agents are welcome too(just the good ones), its just that some just drop in, pop in some posts and then put their names there and some worse, just an advertisement post. Then there are some agents who PM others to recommend their houses and worse, multiple agents who get involved and then each asks for commissions separately. I have received more than my fair share of these PMs asking for help, etc. Yet others are almost like cheats, folks have even PMed me telling me to avoid certain guys or some folks are here trying to fish for clients.

If i was truly an agent, would have asked all to buy subsale rather than always insisting and recommending people to go straight to developer. I have personally drove and sent folks at least 40 plus times direct to the sales office of HH, EL, ND, NI, NS. Folks know i don't get anything except the rare occasional coffee (when and if on the very slim chance people remember me) Those who know me personally can attest to this. There were some friends of friends who asked me endless questions for hours and then in the end, didn't even tell me or her friend and just bought multiple properties. Only when they have trouble, then they come to look for me. In the end, i still help them.

In fact, my dad told me i should quit my day job to be a full time agent as he feels some are taking advantage of me but i guess he doesn't know i probably cannot feed the family if i really switch to doing this. Even if you can get 50k MYR a month on good days, how about other days? 50k may be a lot to many people but big ships create big waves so needs a larger propeller. Many people don't realise that being an agent might bring in some money but it cannot sustain my family/business.

It won't pay me enough so i never bothered as i have to guarantee food on the table to the 13 mouths that i am currently feeding.

Last edited:

tansi

Alfrescian
Loyal

the clause protects common interest. what if an owner wants his outer wall in bright green paint? another in bloody red for good luck sake? Any owner can express taste within his/hers home.
This is good also. I remember reading somewhere in this forum that some properties at Leisure Farm has the same criteria. Looking at Nusa Duta, some residence remove the side windows and plaster up, some extent their master bedroom belcony with various configurations. But then again this is free-hold landed living. You go to 6th avenue, simon road, st michaels road etc...in 30 years time all look different... but personally i prefer some rules to preserve the architectural coherency of the neighbourhood.

There is a new development along AMK ave 5, Luxus Hill. Looks impressive, uniform, contemporary, spacious too. But what happen when owners begin to add here, add there, alter here, alter there, remove this, remove that, change the colour and add a neo classical very orbiang column into his car porch? Vomit blood ?! :eek: So in 30 years time, all will look different. LOL ...

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

the clause protects common interest. what if an owner wants his outer wall in bright green paint? another in bloody red for good luck sake? Any owner can express taste within his/hers home.

There are some that are done very tastefully, there are also others that are, less tasteful in terms of popular perception.
It works well for some, as they can just say, oh that awful purple house you will see when you drive in? I am 2 or 3 houses away. So its good as an awful landmark of sorts.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

Till today i still do not know if this is strictly non-refundable like what the HH staff told me?? The other developments are all refundable, most levy RM500 admin charge in the event of backing out

Can refund in most cases. Just write to their management.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
I am sinkie la.
Btw I pm u not sure u receive as I exceeded my mailbox. Am so lazy to type all over using iPad.

I got an ex who is Tiong as well and another colleague who is Tiong.

One of my uncles (unfortunately deceased), a very nice man who was forced by circumstances to be a taxi driver though he had good education. (One of those poor guys who were chinese educated when they switched everything to English suddenly) Reason why i brought him up? His name as my mum called him was Ah Tiong. With the new use of this term, seems like i can never forget him.

avelc

Alfrescian
Loyal
A few announcements rumoured to be:

1) Easier access and connectivity between two countries such as a third link.. or expansion of the current causeway or MRTs etc etc. Even got SBS buses running 2nd link into Nusajaya from Singapore.
2) Sporeans living in Iskandar do not need passport to enter or leave Spore and Iskandar.
3) An exclusive high-end residence and taman in Medini owned 50-50 by both T and K. Can pay by CPF.
4) Singapore to be part of Malaysia. Lee Hsien Loong will be DPM. PM Najib salary will be S$300,000 ( from S$10,000 currently )

#4 is funny... :biggrin::o:smile:

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal

Haha. NIce one bro. I like that :-) hope ur day started out well, except the exchanges on the "agent" thingy. Don't think u need to clarify further, we all know u have been the most helpful person and u keep the forum alive :-) a big thank u with a big bug!

There are some that are done very tastefully, there are also others that are, less tasteful in terms of popular perception.
It works well for some, as they can just say, oh that awful purple house you will see when you drive in? I am 2 or 3 houses away. So its good as an awful landmark of sorts.

tutucake

Alfrescian
Loyal
From the experience of my own property (inter terrace Golf HH), the gross rental seems clearly insufficient to cover the cost of the monthly instalments based on a 80% loan quantum and 20year loan tenure.

Enough to cover the monthly interest and miscellaneous costs, but at currently transacted prices for resale properties and rentals I see being asked, it's hard to see how the landlord can avoid needing to come up with money to cover the cost of ownership.

The people who bought a few years ago, sure. The people buying now? Not such a sure bet.

Of course condominium yields are better, but I am not familiar with those in that area.

1) Easier access and connectivity between two countries such as a third link.. or expansion of the current causeway or MRTs etc etc. Even got SBS buses running 2nd link into Nusajaya from Singapore.
2) Sporeans living in Iskandar do not need passport to enter or leave Spore and Iskandar.
3) An exclusive high-end residence and taman in Medini owned 50-50 by both T and K. Can pay by CPF.
4) Singapore to be part of Malaysia. Lee Hsien Loong will be DPM. PM Najib salary will be S$300,000 ( from S$10,000 currently )

I perceive point (3) as something negative to those who have already invested with cold hard cash... Do u?

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal

Better not get Singapore or LHL involve . Otherwise he will introduce shitty COE , ERP and make everyone of us PAP here too ! :mad:

Last edited:

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Then quickly buy Malaysian cars. Wait till they introduce Coe in Malaysia. Then u sell it at premium together with Coe price when they indeed introduce it. Hehe. U'll be loaded!

Better not get Singapore or LHL involve . Otherwise he will introduce shitty COE , ERP and make everyone of us PAP here too ! :mad:

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was there too. Great cooling night and saw e moon eclipse too.
With EDL, hopefully the traffic would be smoother into Singapore and perhaps cater to people working in north, north-east, changi business park area.
I also think if MRT come true in 2018, then traffic jam is not really an issue anymore.

Malaysia and Singapore are jointly involve in a feasibilty study of a third link now. News from Singapore side. I hope it materialize. By then, traffic problem would be eased further.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
I thought suggestion of 3rd link was being killed? Now it's a discussion on constructing underground tunnel at causeway?

Malaysia and Singapore are jointly involve in a feasibilty study of a third link now. News from Singapore side. I hope it materialize. By then, traffic problem would be eased further.

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Then quickly buy Malaysian cars. Wait till they introduce Coe in Malaysia. Then u sell it at premium together with Coe price when they indeed introduce it. Hehe. U'll be loaded!

He will tell you Malaysian cars can only park outside his Medini JV , haha ! Worse they get Aunties to summon you for parking illegally.

maxpark

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro Wuqi, guess my message directed towards Crystal-Tiong, albeit ostentatiously linked to you, was taken out of context and I guess perceived incorrectly.
Learned my lesson, next time, will be more circumspect not to invoke your name unnecessarily.
Anyway, not here to argue on this further or justify myself.
Have a nice day dude, cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.