• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Icyraine

Alfrescian
Loyal
We have been noticing an interesting development as we drive along the coastal highway. It's on an island on the left connected by a medieval looking bridge and I thought it was cool and had a very exclusive feel to it. Is it Danga Island? Anyone know how much those properties are going for?

Those are going for RM 4 mil and above, all bungalows. But most of the units have individual yacht "jetty" attached to the house. It is located between nusajaya and danga waterfront development so it pretty cool but beyond my budget.

Last edited:

chupacabra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: causeway link bus

Been living in JB for the past year, it's not as bad as alot of people thinks it is. Just stay away from trouble. But if you have kids, it's not easy. For one thing, taxis in JB are shitmobiles. One cannot ferry an entire family everywhere and everyday so its inevitable that some members of the family gonna use taxis. My advice is to get a hold of a few cabbies fone numbers that you trust because alot of taxi drivers in JB are sons of bitches.

As for me, I don't see a long term view about living in JB because most of my retirement monies will be tied up in CPF. In other words, I still got to travel to peesai when i am old and needs medical care. When It comes to peesai, I feel that cutting all ties including financial ties is the best in leaving that shithole. Living in JB is like having a foot still trapped in a snare in peesai. Thats my own view. You guys can screw me all you want. I'm a wide open whore. HAHa

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal

I'm a bit sceptical with having a landed in Malaysia purely of security and maintenance reason as compared to owning a high end condo.
1. Security
Initially security can be tight as developer wants to manage and maintain the reputation while developing the area.
But to manage security for large area (township) where population is growing is a headache. And I will see more lapses in the future.
It is easily to manage and maintain high level of security in a condo rather than a large housing area

2. Maintenance
The condo owners pay maintenance fee hence it is sufficient to maintain a condo to tip/top condition.
The landed owners also pay maintenance fee however it won't not be sufficient to maintain large area. Who is repairing the road, etc when it needs repair? This is costly.
And over the years I think the area will just look like old town.

On the other hand some landed owners won't have budget to maintain their own house hence it just look ugly like this:
View attachment 3269

It really depends on who are your fellow occupants.
Condo is higher density and i would say it poses a higher and not lower security risk. The risk comes from within the condo itself as you cannot control whom the owners rent their houses to... criminals can easily enter the condo in the form of owners or tenants friends. You also face the risk of owners not paying maintenance charge which is very common here.

The only decent condo i can think of is Molek Pine and one or two beside the golf course in Permas Jaya. You have more control over the well being and security of your house as compared to communal living in condo which depends heavily on who constitutes the community.

It would be a mistake to assume condo living in JB would be similar to SG... in the first place condo living in SG is full of problems.

Last edited:

yonglip

Alfrescian
Loyal

actually I think in Bukit Indah 2 area. Saw since last month there was a gated and guarded carpark built. Not multi storey.

Dont know whats their grand plan. I believe they will build a bus-stop at the new parking area. This will allow more residents living in the surrounding area to park their cars so that they will not need to drive to the circular and clog up the streets there. I think the terminal will still remain at the circular as it is nearer to the shopping belt.

Will wait for their grand plan to unfold.

yonglip

Alfrescian
Loyal

It really depends on who are your fellow occupants.
Condo is higher density and i would say it poses a higher and not lower security risk. The risk comes from within the condo itself as you cannot control whom the owners rent their houses to... criminals can easily enter the condo in the form of owners or tenants friends. You also face the risk of owners not paying maintenance charge which is very common here.

Yes. in condos, there are more common facilities to maintain - pool, lift, playground etc.. so every $ of the sinking and maintenance funds are crucial. If a few families start to default, it will pose a problem and worse if a vicious cycle starts to develop, it will spell the end of development. Some JB condos find themselves in this predicament today.

yonglip

Alfrescian
Loyal

Been living in JB for the past year, it's not as bad as alot of people thinks it is. Just stay away from trouble. But if you have kids, it's not easy. For one thing, taxis in JB are shitmobiles. One cannot ferry an entire family everywhere and everyday so its inevitable that some members of the family gonna use taxis. My advice is to get a hold of a few cabbies fone numbers that you trust because alot of taxi drivers in JB are sons of bitches.

As for me, I don't see a long term view about living in JB because most of my retirement monies will be tied up in CPF. In other words, I still got to travel to peesai when i am old and needs medical care. When It comes to peesai, I feel that cutting all ties including financial ties is the best in leaving that shithole. Living in JB is like having a foot still trapped in a snare in peesai. Thats my own view. You guys can screw me all you want. I'm a wide open whore. HAHa

Your language is crude bro but your points are salient. In fact i like your 'peesai' description. haha.

Tho i cannot quite agree with the cutting of all ties with peesai. Peesai no matter how stinkie or small will always be a good shithole to return to just in case it gets too windy outside. haha.

Cheers bro.

TayJC

Alfrescian
Loyal

I'm a bit sceptical with having a landed in Malaysia purely of security and maintenance reason as compared to owning a high end condo.
1. Security
Initially security can be tight as developer wants to manage and maintain the reputation while developing the area.
But to manage security for large area (township) where population is growing is a headache. And I will see more lapses in the future.
It is easily to manage and maintain high level of security in a condo rather than a large housing area

2. Maintenance
The condo owners pay maintenance fee hence it is sufficient to maintain a condo to tip/top condition.
The landed owners also pay maintenance fee however it won't not be sufficient to maintain large area. Who is repairing the road, etc when it needs repair? This is costly.

On the other hand some landed owners won't have budget to maintain their own house hence it just look ugly like this:
View attachment 3269

Hi sggecko,

For landed property, maintenance of the road will be passed on to the local authority eventually.
As for security, as I understood, it can be improved after the residents take over the management from the developer. As an example, residents at earlier NI precints installed card access system after they took over the management from UEM.

spidey

Alfrescian
Loyal

If budget is 500k, Landed, & from developer
b) Bandar Dato Onn (I remember someone bought there around this budget

I did not consider Bandar Dato Onn at that time because I'm too lazy to check it out.
Yup, I bought there recently, the 24x70 sizes are decently price, but note not HH full of golf view and what not, it's just a simple double storey hse... I think they still hv end lot with 10' land...Slight more than 500k

Really depends on what u want, for me I wanted some place not too expensive and dun need a big place as it will be my retirement home, just me and my wife and some land to plant fruits...hahaha! Most important not too far from all the amenities/city ctr, but not too close too...as I hate traffic, be it human or cars..

U right comming out with a list and budget as well as what u want/need, then start the hunt, I believe most of the bros/sis did here... The other thing is enjoy the hunt...

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal

1. Security

2. Maintenance

View attachment 3269

Bro ,
I am sure the picture you taken are those low cost terrace and non guarded type.
My developement , after 4 to 5yrs is still tip top conditions even more beautiful than was new. Because the house owners pump lot of money on landscaping their gardens . The management runing a surplus of 10K a month , last year they have aquired a cluster unit as our community centre at discount from developer . This will be use as Karaok rooms , games rooms and meetings . Can be an investment too since its current value have go up to 650K already .
Pls go and see places like EL, HH, Sutera Utama and post your picture .

Last edited:

spidey

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi sggecko,

For landed property, maintenance of the road will be passed on to the local authority eventually.
As for security, as I understood, it can be improved after the residents take over the management from the developer. As an example, residents at earlier NI precints installed card access system after they took over the management from UEM.

Agree here bro, moreover, personal view here, we are already staying in "mid air" in sg(unless u hv landed, then different story ah) landed would e 1st choice!
Also the picture u took are old houses/tamans, look at the new ones, they are not so bad...
Really depends on what u want/purpose...investment,retirement, weekend home...ect ect

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal

These houses that you shown here could be probably 70-100K RM?

Singaporean are not allowed to buy, another way for the Malaysia to protect their residents.

1. Security

2. Maintenance

View attachment 3269

TrulyAsia

Alfrescian
Loyal

These houses that you shown here could be probably 70-100K RM?
Singaporean are not allowed to buy, another way for the Malaysia to protect their residents.
Foreigners are allowed to purchase if the declared transaction price for the house is above RM500k, because this is a normal double storey terrace and not government subsidized low cost terrace house. You can buy too if you like,

Nusajaya

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi sggecko,

You probably received enough materials for you to start your hunt!

Just before you do that, my advice is you must be clear with what you need and what you want. Differentiate the Needs and the Wants. The Needs are things/conditions which you absolutely can't compromise as in terms of objectives (must be satisfied as part of your hunt around). As for the Wants are things/conditions which you would like to have. Simply put, must haves vs nice to haves.

For example: You mentioned in your earlier message that you wanted a place for retirement but you also said you wanted income out of it in the meantime. Good thinking indeed, nothing wrong with it but you need to be very clear which one is a Need and which is Want. One very clear message you had was your budget of RM 500k.

Once you are clear with your objectives, answers to leasehold or freehold, landed or condo, HH or EL, etc will be alot clearer. Otherwise, your hunt around can be at times frustrating! As some forummers had rightfully pointed out, you can find nice homes that satisfied what your rental requirement while others might satisfy your retirement call. This condition can pull you apart and more likely than not, most will resolved to our emotional decision which is often less desirable.

PM me if you want me to help you out on this.

1. Security

2. Maintenance

View attachment 3269

TrulyAsia

Alfrescian
Loyal
For those visited to Horizon Residence, do you share the same perspectives?

Living in JB

Actually horizon residence is a good place, I bought 2 unit from jacky, he is my very good friend ,all the while my investment with him is Making quite a lot of money , honest and sincere guy.
Previuously I also bought few investment from him, under his introductory I have make a lot of money . this chap idea is good only dare to recommend good stuff so I trust him .
The project location is very strategic and by the natural reserve , across the road is the linear park, fresh air .the view from sky is good.
I believe the potential gain is very high because the location is very strategic, 7 min can reach town which I believe so cuz jacky driver got drive me using part of the coastal highway and the view of coastal highway is very nice.
After my analysist I believe this should be a very good investment , the puteri harbor which is few km away selling 6 km away about RM 700persqft. After my comparison I see this building got 4 best thing in term of outlook,security system and location.
The issue u mention jacky already show me the proof and approval by local authority.
Yesterday I went to opposite the hill just found out not only got park and also water feature . good life , I think my life here will be very good a cup of coffee nice atmosphere, want to shopping is also so near ,to city and to Danga Bay 7 minutes only to puteri harbor 4 minutes only, I would suggest all of u go and grab 1 unit .

pasture8

Alfrescian
Loyal

1. Security

2. Maintenance

View attachment 3269

A relation of ours stayed in a condo in KL. The view was breathtaking at 20th floor. You see mountains and the twin tower n fireworks on festive occasions.

Initially condo was nice but after awhile, the condition started to deteriorate...renovation contractors just dump their construction waste at a corner on the ground floor and nobidy care...lift buttons were stolen,yes, they were plied and removed, thus on every floor only can press one button thank god they had the conscience not to remove the other mimic button! Yes, it was guarded with barrier access.

They stayed there for five years but have since moved to a landed.

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal

Someone tore down my Singapore neighbour 60 year old house and have it rebuilt. The house was bought for 10K. Sold at 2M. Rebuild at another 1+M.

So if you have a landed house, even if it is badly maintained and unoccupied, it is still an asset and might be sold one day for a decent profit..

A relation of ours stayed in a condo in KL. The view was breathtaking at 20th floor. You see mountains and the twin tower n fireworks on festive occasions.

Initially condo was nice but after awhile, the condition started to deteriorate...renovation contractors just dump their construction waste at a corner on the ground floor and nobidy care...lift buttons were stolen,yes, they were plied and removed, thus on every floor only can press one button thank god they had the conscience not to remove the other mimic button! Yes, it was guarded with barrier access.

They stayed there for five years but have since moved to a landed.

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal

Someone tore down my Singapore neighbour 60 year old house and have it rebuilt. The house was bought for 10K. Sold at 2M. Rebuild at another 1+M.

So if you have a landed house, even if it is badly maintained and unoccupied, it is still an asset and might be sold one day for a decent profit..

Could not agree more. Once an area gets saturated and land price constitutes a bigger proportion of a property price, landed homes escalate much faster in price. You can always increase the supply of condos by redeveloping land, but landed properties will be limited. This is something that we will appreciate in Iskandar perhaps in 7-10 years time when the area is mostly developed.

tutucake

Alfrescian
Loyal
Had lunch with a friend over the weekend and chat about living in JB in general. Friend moved here since 2006 whereas i moved here in early 2009. We agreed on a couple of things:

1) Main draw - feasible abode for daily commute to work in Singapore, earn S$ and spend MYR

2) Investment potential - we both purchased before 2011 and are prepared for "worst case scenario" => a nice and big house for retirement
We rule out the possibility that JB will become so bad till uninhabitable

3) Any degree of success in the Nusajaya blueprint is a plus point to the investments - be it 30%, 50% or 80%

4) We both observe increasing number of Singaporeans venturing here today due to "push factor" ie escalating costs and overcrowding

5) We both agreed the best of the developers here are nowhere near "maturity" and that was the crux of our conversation
UEM built lots of nice houses but fails terribly in quickly bringing on a "lifestyle" to purchasers. The rental of the shops around Mydin is set at about MYR8 psf and that is way too expensive. As a result early purchasers have to endure possibly a whole decade of less than ideal amenities. This fails terribly compared to Tanah Sutera who introduced a whole mix of restaurants and shops near the houses they built. The nearest restaurants (eg. at EL clubhouse) are mediocre in quality and service. The management mixes religion with business and appears to be a confused lot. Neither are they diligent in controlling the purchasers in terms of making extensions to the nice houses although everyone signs a covenant. Response to defects reports at EL are "satisfactory" but not good. We also though Gamuda's mass bulding would possibly produce a glut in a down market.

6) Security - we both thought the police will remain hopeless in the forseeable future. We shared what we know about break-ins and victims of crime and i was quite shocked despite having personally experienced crime here. Our mutual friend at an older NI precint experienced a near breakin recently. Luckily his house is secured with construction grade rebar, our friend had an exchange with the robbers who tried to saw through the rebars... apparently they threw stones at each other. Despite the fact he has 2 fierce dogs at home. He also told me about the Sri Lankan group who purchased 72 units at HH - apparently one of the lead investor was a victim of crime in JB as well. We believe JB is livable but one must definitely blend into the local community and do not appear prominent.

Hence our word of advice to all friends who venture to JB - do so with your eyes open, set your expectations right and you will not be disappointed :smile:

Merry Xmas to everyone !

Hi LeMans,

Thanks for the heads up on the security issues... it got me worried that the robbers got the balls to sneak into a G&G estate, picked a house with 2 fierce dogs and attempt to saw thru such solid grilles without the fear of alerting the security and neighbours.... The tenants are in the house during the break in.... i cant imagine the outcome if the robbers managed to break into the house.... Seems like nothing can stop these lowlife bastards...

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi LeMans,

Thanks for the heads up on the security issues... it got me worried that the robbers got the balls to sneak into a G&G estate, picked a house with 2 fierce dogs and attempt to saw thru such solid grilles without the fear of alerting the security and neighbours.... The tenants are in the house during the break in.... i cant imagine the outcome if the robbers managed to break into the house.... Seems like nothing can stop these lowlife bastards...

Bro ,
In the such an event , just trigger the panic button to set off alarm . 100% security and your neighbours will come and help lah ! I know this because we test these guards at least once in a month . There was one attempt few month back , at least 20 neighbours responsed , security guards came and police the last to come . Fortunately that bugger run fast enough and disapeared like spiderman , if kena caught , we prepare to BBQ him jialat liao !

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.