• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sggecko

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: causeway link bus

As the iskandar development looks like 3/4 of Singapore size.
I feel it is extremely important to know which location of the property one purchases.
Without the increase of population the property would hardly appreciate.

I think, Puteri Harbour would definitely appreciate as it is nearest to Kota Iskandar and other important commercial development.
East Ledang , Ledang Heights, Medini and Horizon Hills.
I'm not certain about others outside the Zone B as I feel, Zone B would be the future city.

But I feel it is best for me just to visit the place to understand it better.

TrulyAsia

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yes, seeing is believing. Hope you have a fruitful trip.

I feel it is extremely important to know which location of the property one purchases.

I think, Puteri Harbour would definitely appreciate as it is nearest to Kota Iskandar and other important commercial development.
I'm not certain about others outside the Zone B as I feel, Zone B would be the future city.

TrulyAsia

Alfrescian
Loyal
You bought a unit at Skyloft or Horizon Residence? Able to share more (psf, level, facing etc,), thanks!

what documents required to open a such bank account in Johor Malaysia and which bank it is for Singaporean? Thanks.
Just bought a condo in Bukit indah. Transfer the first money from Singapore bank to their banks. The exchange rate is only about 2.409 and 30$ per transfer last week against money exchange 2.439 at that time.

Lord Aragorn

Alfrescian
Loyal
sggecko said:
Hi guys,

there are so many developments and some already fully sold.
Can you advice me which one I still can buy from developer? And it is preferably the landed.

Below is the list of developments which I've compiled from this thread:

Bestari Heights - Astoria
Bukit Indah, Amelia 1
East Ledang

Fairway Suites
Fortune Point

Horizon Hills
Horizon Residence
HH Golf

Imperia@Puteri Harbour
Indahwalk3

Kempas

Leisure farm's Polo View
Leisure Farm's Bayou Water Village
Leisure Farm's Pinggiran Bayou

Nusa Duta
Nusa jaya
Nusa Idaman
Nusa Villa

Permas Jaya

Mt Austin

The Gateway
The Golf
The Hills Precinct
The Straits View Residences

Setia Tropika
Setia Eco Garden
Sungai Chat
Sutera Utama
Sky Gardens Residences @ Setia Tropika

taman molek

The Straits View Residences is available from developer. Senibong cove as well. All from subsequent phases that are recently launched.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Iskandar is 3 times the size of Singapore, not 3/4.
Nusajaya(flagship B) is 1/6 the size of Singapore.

lastresort

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hope that they can find the promised land real soon before price of land go higher for them , haha ! Seem to me got very little land around the Indah Circle already .

actually I think in Bukit Indah 2 area. Saw since last month there was a gated and guarded carpark built. Not multi storey.

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal

Based on my analysis the Flagship B (Nusajaya) would be the most interesting as it comprised of:
- Kota Iskandar (residential, business, healthcare, leisure and tourism such as Legoland and retail malls)
- Puteri harbour
- Educity (NuMED, Netherland Maritime Institute of Tech, Marlborough College, etc)
- Soutern Industrial Logistic
- Afiat Health Park
- Columbia Asia Hospital
- Bio-XCell

Educity itself would have a population of 16,000 students once fully completed.
With healthcare centres being setup, biotech companies are coming, retail mall and other inustries.
This could be the future Raffles Place?

It would be interesting for those who have properties in this Flagship B.
East Ledang, Horizon Hills, Nusa Idaman, and Nusa Bayu
Ujana Executive Apartments. 1Mediini

Too bad I can only afford 1Medini if I select this flagship/zone.

If you are looking for something near Medini, Educity, you may also want to look into Impiana (East Ledang). This is freehold. Phase 1 is more or less sold out. They launched Phase 2 in early December. You maybe able to get a 2 bedroom for 550k or so. My own view is that the potential for rental here may be quite decent. As you pointed out, Educity is targeting 16,000 students, however, the international student village will house 4,000.

Last edited:

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sibei sian. Today 2nd link super jam. Go in at 12.15 end up 4.30 then come out of JB CIQ. Have to cancel all appointment with agent and also cannot go setia bukit indah as well as NI and ND. Maybe it's god will to prevent me
From buyin property in JB - this is what I told my wife. No fate. And she say I think too much. Hahha

Anyway Merry Xmas to all bro and sis here

How about a possible alternative explanation... long holiday weekends and many Malaysians heading back to hometown :smile:

iamapseudoneem

Alfrescian
Loyal
Drove up this around 5pm today and it took us around 30 minutes to clear the checkpoints and get on the coastal highway. We have been noticing an interesting development as we drive along the coastal highway. It's on an island on the left connected by a medieval looking bridge and I thought it was cool and had a very exclusive feel to it. Is it Danga Island? Anyone know how much those properties are going for?

I'm also glad to see the 2nd lake (a mini one) they promised us near our houses in NI P8 looks like it's being built. I noticed a "No Swimming" and "No Fishing" sign placed and perimeter fence similar to the main lake set up around it.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes Crystal, it was Teh Tarik. Went into google map and saw the satellite image with the original lake and superimposed it with the developer's master plan. i notice that the lake was originally bigger, stretching towards North-Easterly, i.e. part of phase 8C was a lake! Therefore the present shape of the lake has been "reconfigured" thereby rendering it muddy due to the earth in the lake having been disturbed in the process of reconstruction. The m&d will settle as time progresses, hopefully, and a surface layer of alge form to hold the m&d in place. A sinister thought at the back of my mind is that some irresponsible contractors pour unwanted construction waste/earth into the lake when nobody is looking :mad:

But i am not betting it will be as clear as mirror, if it can become like pungol park water quality i am happy already. More is a bonus :wink:

Here's wishing you Merry X'mas and a happy new year :smile:

Had lunch with a friend over the weekend and chat about living in JB in general. Friend moved here since 2006 whereas i moved here in early 2009. We agreed on a couple of things:

1) Main draw - feasible abode for daily commute to work in Singapore, earn S$ and spend MYR

2) Investment potential - we both purchased before 2011 and are prepared for "worst case scenario" => a nice and big house for retirement
We rule out the possibility that JB will become so bad till uninhabitable

3) Any degree of success in the Nusajaya blueprint is a plus point to the investments - be it 30%, 50% or 80%

4) We both observe increasing number of Singaporeans venturing here today due to "push factor" ie escalating costs and overcrowding

5) We both agreed the best of the developers here are nowhere near "maturity" and that was the crux of our conversation
UEM built lots of nice houses but fails terribly in quickly bringing on a "lifestyle" to purchasers. The rental of the shops around Mydin is set at about MYR8 psf and that is way too expensive. As a result early purchasers have to endure possibly a whole decade of less than ideal amenities. This fails terribly compared to Tanah Sutera who introduced a whole mix of restaurants and shops near the houses they built. The nearest restaurants (eg. at EL clubhouse) are mediocre in quality and service. The management mixes religion with business and appears to be a confused lot. Neither are they diligent in controlling the purchasers in terms of making extensions to the nice houses although everyone signs a covenant. Response to defects reports at EL are "satisfactory" but not good. We also though Gamuda's mass bulding would possibly produce a glut in a down market.

6) Security - we both thought the police will remain hopeless in the forseeable future. We shared what we know about break-ins and victims of crime and i was quite shocked despite having personally experienced crime here. Our mutual friend at an older NI precint experienced a near breakin recently. Luckily his house is secured with construction grade rebar, our friend had an exchange with the robbers who tried to saw through the rebars... apparently they threw stones at each other. Despite the fact he has 2 fierce dogs at home. He also told me about the Sri Lankan group who purchased 72 units at HH - apparently one of the lead investor was a victim of crime in JB as well. We believe JB is livable but one must definitely blend into the local community and do not appear prominent.

Hence our word of advice to all friends who venture to JB - do so with your eyes open, set your expectations right and you will not be disappointed :smile:

Merry Xmas to everyone !

sggecko

Alfrescian
Loyal

If you are looking for something near Medini, Educity, you may also want to look into Impiana (East Ledang). This is freehold. Phase 1 is more or less sold out. They launched Phase 2 in early December. You maybe able to get a 2 bedroom for 550k or so. My own view is that the potential for rental here may be quite decent. As you pointed out, Educity is targeting 16,000 students, however, the international student village will house 4,000.

thanks..
I guess Impiana is a good choice as well.
Actually I like 1Medini very much but too bad it is leasehold.

Who decides the property to be leasehold or freehold? and why would they do that?

sggecko

Alfrescian
Loyal

I'm a bit sceptical with having a landed in Malaysia purely of security and maintenance reason as compared to owning a high end condo.
1. Security
Initially security can be tight as developer wants to manage and maintain the reputation while developing the area.
But to manage security for large area (township) where population is growing is a headache. And I will see more lapses in the future.
It is easily to manage and maintain high level of security in a condo rather than a large housing area

2. Maintenance
The condo owners pay maintenance fee hence it is sufficient to maintain a condo to tip/top condition.
The landed owners also pay maintenance fee however it won't not be sufficient to maintain large area. Who is repairing the road, etc when it needs repair? This is costly.
And over the years I think the area will just look like old town.

On the other hand some landed owners won't have budget to maintain their own house hence it just look ugly like this:
28416.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.