• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
a bit earlier there was discussion about MMH2. So I'll add to yonglip's bit. MMH2 for those who qualify: Each participant is allowed to bring in his/her own personal car OR to purchase a locally-assembled car without the need to pay import duty, excise duty and sales tax (source). That works up a significant amount of savings esp. imported cars.

Will be using just the SG licence. Its not so much the license but the comprehensive insurance that is the key to driving worry- free in M'sia.

Understand from the sales guy that we can borrow up to 70%. I dont think resale will be fantastic cos its everywhere bro!..haha. But I exepct to drive it for 20 years...at S$18K starting, I am looking at a ownership cost of just S$75 per month.

I know its not comparing apples to apples in terms of usage but that same car cost around S$100K in SG in today's crazy COE market.

Cheers bro.

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
I hope the say will eventually be effected and not just the infrastructure but also the reliability of these transport options as well! In JB's case I wish for privatization of public transport in SG, privatized public transport should revert! irony of the transport woes.

Public Bus System
In the short to medium term, public bus services will be upgraded and continue to play the role as the backbone of Iskandar Malaysia’s public transportation until the mass-oriented urban rail system takes place. In the long term, public bus services will be oriented to act as the feeder service to the rail-based transport system.

Multi-modal Transportation System
The multi-modal transportation system will consist of different modal transportation networks that, by themselves, allow a traveller to move from one location to another. Inter-modal connection provides the ability to transfer from one modal network to another.

A local transit terminal is proposed to be located within the CBD of Johor Bahru. The existing bus terminal at Jalan Trus is proposed to be upgraded to accommodate the local transit terminal and have a dedicated pedestrian route connection between the Johor Bahru Sentral I and the Transit Terminal located at the existing Johor Bahru KTM terminal. This terminal is also proposed to be upgraded to function as a local transit terminal that hosts such facilities for LRT, ERL and Monorail services.

To cater for regional linkages, a Regional Transit Terminal known as Johor Bahru Sentral II at Senai is proposed. This terminal will function as a regional transit terminal for the Johor Bahru District transit system. It will consist of facilities for High Speed Rail system, LRT and KTM Komuter Services.

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
I guess will be a mix of both..cos unlike SG where the car is yours only for 10 years, in M'sia its yours for life!..so i think depends on who goes to scrap first!..haha..so a lot of things/plans might change from now till then bro..

whats your plan bro?

oh? you got the approval from LTA to drive in to SG with MY plate? very interested to know.

thegolf

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Malaysia and Singapore Friendship - Opportunity for Property Investment

It was announced that Kuala Lumpur will host the 3rd International World Class Sustainable Cities Conference (WCSC 2011) that coming 20th and 21st with September 2011. .
The year 2011 started which has a display of friendship involving Malaysia and Singapore, giving a confident conclusion to the long-time railway land issue in the two neighbours. With this agreement, it is believed that there will be more property development opportunities between both countries.

In the event the DTZ Research reported appropriately, the better bilateral associations, and smoother and cheaper transport system will give a boost across just about all property sectors in Iskandar Malaysia, as being the proposed mass rapid transit backlinks the Johor Baru town center to Nusanjaya. This could mean that you will have an open option for developers to develop their homes towards Nusantara as the cost of using this new MRT connection is more competitive. DTZ Malaysia executive movie director Brian Koh believes this new agreement between the two countries will create a growth like the Hong Kong-Shenzhen Metropolis model.

For many years, there had always been a link between Johor and Singapore certainly, with Singaporeans stepping over to the southern state involving Malaysia for shopping together with property investment. There constitutes a population of Malaysians used in Singapore, but staying in Johor to keep the price tag on living still lower than if they had moved to Singapore. With regard to property prices, the homes in Johor is still relatively lower than Penang and Kuala Lumpur. Hence, the property market is certainly banking in on local Johor population employed in Singapore to purchase homes a lot more than any other target market.

At this moment, the areas near the second link is rather appealing to foreigners, such as this Horizon Hills or East Ledang. For this, the chairman of Johor branch Real estate and Housing Developers Connection (Rehda), Shelter Kim Chai, had earlier commented in June that the strategic locations of a lot of these areas, together with the much cheaper prices of ended up properties in Johor in comparison to Singapore is an motivator to buyers. The chairman is harping over the currency differences and some other factors which contributed to your high cost of ended up properties in Singapore.

There will likely be a lot of plans for foreign investment together with growth of infrastructure projects in the market. This will also include growth inside retail and hotel areas especially in Johor, as you move the once sleepy Tanjong Pagar area is in addition waking up with some newly completed and pipeline workplaces, hotels and apartments. A whole lot of work will be done in both countries that moment onwards.
Buying real estate is a big decision as it involves a lot of money. It will take careful thinking and thorough research especially if you need to earn from the property. There are plenty of ways to earn through real-estate. Some may be to by reselling the property when you need it with a bigger value or you can choose to rent it out just in case you are not using the home. In any case, the key to getting a good income in real estate is location.

In regards to location, it's challenging to beat Malaysia. And investing in a Malaysia property is the ideal choice not only for economic reason also for entertainment purposes.

Date Published: Dec 04, 2011 - 6:18 pm

http://www.feedagg.com/feed/22221033/malaysiamarket33-Lester-Rojas-Recently-Updated-Pages

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
mostly sequestered in the bungalow precincts on acre lots with ginormous houses. beautifully architectured and such. there's a cantonese saying roughly translated as looking at delicious dishes to eat bland rice therein describes how I feel totally. :biggrin:

Good analysis!
Heard a lot of these MM2H expats are living in Leisure Farm...

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi Arsenal, i would still retain at least 2-3 units for own use.

Hey Grago, agree, some of the stuff isn't cheap especially if you compare it to buying in US directly. The Levis one seems ok though as do the Coach items but of course US is cheaper(not so for Levis these days).

General enquiry
Property tax is about few hundred ringgit depending on what type of property you have. Normally i pay the Cukai Tanah and Cukai Harta yearly (i pay for 1 year). Coverage of that was in earlier pages.

Cars, people are bringing in their cars here as part of MM2H offering which allows them to bring one car from SG or import one (meaning you can buy from open market) and deduct the 30% tax from it. Quite a substantial sum. For folks wary of buying 2nd hand cars, they have recently implemented quite a lot of checks for resale of 2nd hand cars to protect buyers so its becoming slightly easier now to buy. Still, beware of lemons.

Banks, generally they are wary to loan to foreigners so they are more afraid of us than us of them! :smile:
Going to open up another FD here as their rates are pretty attractive.

Hi Puteri Harbour, there are at least 3 guys who earn above 50k SGD a month that i know of staying in my area. Not really that high but the highest i know is coming out here is heart surgeon from a first world country. He is going to buy for retirement. His would be easily above 180k (currency not revealed for his privacy but definitely not rupiah, zimbabwe money or ringgit) a month. People like him and his friends already got MM2H without needing to do anything a few years back.

Of course, these are not super stars but still, a good reflection of some of the people staying here. He will be bringing in his friends as well. They are not just here for investment though but also buying for own stay.

There are still people whose income is way above the value of their houses. A certain bro i know, working also as a tech consultant can easily afford the 3m MYR bungalows here but he chooses to stay in a 4 room flat. Yet another guy from a bank also stays in a flat. It doesn't really mean that the big houses must belong to big shots as its a different lifestyle and preference.

Ironically, the person who can buy 6-7m (SGD) bungalows easily in SG is staying in a cluster
Another one who can also do that, stays in a terrace.
Poor person (seriously if you compare me with them) like me stay in a semi-d.

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Property tax is cheap.. road tax for 2 lit car only 400+rm.. Better come lah..

Just received my Spore property tax bill this month & noticed it has increased. If things keep going up, I plan to go sooner than later.

Curious about the property tax in JB. Would like to share the amount they are paying over there:confused:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
First visit to Nusajaya over 1 year, and first time visiting Horizon Hills. Trip wasn't well planned as we went in mid afternoon
Was already raining when I reached HH, so sat down for dinner at the clubhouse. In future when HH's population increases, expect the clubhouse to be much more crowded. Didn't see Justco, so I must have missed the main Bukit Indah area. Intend to explore more in another trip - Puteri Harbour, Bt Indah.

Also drove past EduCity, a bit of construction in progress, the colleges seems to be quite well-spaced out.

P.S. Is the CIQ at Puteri Harbour confirmed?

You already did better than me, first time to HH, i went all the way past Senai. There will always be lost sheep like me but i was found! :smile: Never give up, if a black sheep like me can do it, so can you. :smile:

Yes the schools are looking good. EL and LF will definitely benefit. PH as well as the other condos in that area.

HH's clubhouse will definitely be more crowded once more members join up (Most of the facilities are open only to members and their guests)

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

Yes, but for my cars, i paid about 700 plus MYR though. One is admittedly really good, 90 MYR per year. :smile:
Car lovers, you must ask yourself if you are able to resist the temptation, don't fall into the dark side like me. :wink:
Some bros are starting to buy more cars than me.

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree, those who's read seth godin would remember him pointing out that these outlets pounce on the-consumer-thinking-they're-getting-a-good-deal marketing angle, thereby growing exponentially. The goods in essence are never meant to be sold in the glittest locations (Barneys in US, harrods in UK etc). But having said that, I guess it is also in part the experience of JPO as well. Marry the architecture, ambience and guards on segways. I don't think I will be purchasing much if any there though window shopping will definitely be on my itinerary.

On the current topic of JPO, fellow forummers, you do realize that what you are buying are 2nd quality goods, last season or two fashion items or rejects from the boutiques that do not meet their standards! You are not geting what's currently being sold at the various boutique's either in Singapore, Milan, London or New York...... As to the amount you are paying for the item, most if not all are either made in CHINA or somewhere in the PACIFIC RIM. the cost are fractional compared to the amount that are asked. Don't misunderstand me, I've nothing against factory outlets, BUT very much dislike the fact the nowhere around the outlets or for that matter in any of the advertisement is there mention of this. I wouldn't be surprise that there will be shoppers who go there thinking they are getting the SAME kind of item that is sold in the boutiques in Singapore or the places that are mentioned BUT at a SUBSTANTIAL discount!!!!!!!!! As to the argument put forth that there is shipping cost, agree but not as would have thought from the so called Fashion centre where the brands originate BUT from the factories here in the EAST. So the prices.... Rm1000 for a pair of jeans is astounding, as it is highly likely an imperfect Item or a 2 nd quality that is rejected from the boutique. So buyer beware!!!!!!! You do not necessary get what you are paying for........

Puteri harbour

Alfrescian
Loyal
Totally agreed..... I know many millionaires staying in 3room flats including one who own a bus assembly company...... But out of every 10 high income earners, they will be at least 6 who would want to live in a house with nice space such as big garden, pond and etc. That is the thing about this material world.. As security improve, more and more will likely to be more daring to stay in bigger houses. As for me , I always believe life is predestined, so death or alive are all predestined. So I do what I think is happy and right for myself, my family and all human being.... (within my ability). 好人有好報....

Cheers,
PH

Hi Arsenal, i would still retain at least 2-3 units for own use.

Hey Grago, agree, some of the stuff isn't cheap especially if you compare it to buying in US directly. The Levis one seems ok though as do the Coach items but of course US is cheaper(not so for Levis these days).

General enquiry
Property tax is about few hundred ringgit depending on what type of property you have. Normally i pay the Cukai Tanah and Cukai Harta yearly (i pay for 1 year). Coverage of that was in earlier pages.

Cars, people are bringing in their cars here as part of MM2H offering which allows them to bring one car from SG or import one (meaning you can buy from open market) and deduct the 30% tax from it. Quite a substantial sum. For folks wary of buying 2nd hand cars, they have recently implemented quite a lot of checks for resale of 2nd hand cars to protect buyers so its becoming slightly easier now to buy. Still, beware of lemons.

Banks, generally they are wary to loan to foreigners so they are more afraid of us than us of them! :smile:
Going to open up another FD here as their rates are pretty attractive.

Hi Puteri Harbour, there are at least 3 guys who earn above 50k SGD a month that i know of staying in my area. Not really that high but the highest i know is coming out here is heart surgeon from a first world country. He is going to buy for retirement. His would be easily above 180k (currency not revealed for his privacy but definitely not rupiah, zimbabwe money or ringgit) a month. People like him and his friends already got MM2H without needing to do anything a few years back.

Of course, these are not super stars but still, a good reflection of some of the people staying here. He will be bringing in his friends as well. They are not just here for investment though but also buying for own stay.

There are still people whose income is way above the value of their houses. A certain bro i know, working also as a tech consultant can easily afford the 3m MYR bungalows here but he chooses to stay in a 4 room flat. Yet another guy from a bank also stays in a flat. It doesn't really mean that the big houses must belong to big shots as its a different lifestyle and preference.

Ironically, the person who can buy 6-7m (SGD) bungalows easily in SG is staying in a cluster
Another one who can also do that, stays in a terrace.
Poor person (seriously if you compare me with them) like me stay in a semi-d.

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Brother... are you driving a 4 litre car? ha ha..

Actually for you buying 3-4 houses for your own stay is absolutely ok and you managed to rent a few outs is a positive example for us here. I am worried some new forumers might get carried away and committed too much..but then again..it is just a casual discussion. For folks like Investor, Puteri Harbour are definitely those with the means to buy whatever they want.. However I felt that different property are for different market.. As long as it is gated and guarded should be fine and sure can draw certain buyers and crowds... Some houses such as Nusa Duta, Bestari which are so near to amenities, sure they are good for old folks who don't drive..

I am vested and sure will be keen to invest more when feel comfortable.. probably shophouse or just land for myself to do camping.. (Don't want to go through construction and renovation exercise)

Yes, but for my cars, i paid about 700 plus MYR though. One is admittedly really good, 90 MYR per year. :smile:
Car lovers, you must ask yourself if you are able to resist the temptation, don't fall into the dark side like me. :wink:
Some bros are starting to buy more cars than me.

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
But out of every 10 high income earners, they will be at least 6 who would want to live in a house with nice space such as big garden, pond and etc. That is the thing about this material world..
PH

ah yes Maslow's hierarchy of needs. Reaching for the finer things in life after the basic needs are satisfied. Which is one reason why I find that quality housing in JB would beget its demand in time to come should the various developers play their quality card right.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I'm one of those who has a long term plan:smile:

However I am really getting fed up with the PAP & tempted to leave sooner that later. I think I can hold out just a little longer:o

Puteri harbour

Alfrescian
Loyal
I hope some UEM guys are in this forum so that they know that by sacrificing a bit of profit to deliver quality housing, they can make more absolute money.

Those that build houses before will know that more efforts need to spend on things like positioning of beams and columns in the overall design of the house are also very important. I will to see the show room at EL melody gardens and is disappointed with to beam and column. Hope they will avoid such things when they build imperia.

Cheers,
PH

ah yes Maslow's hierarchy of needs. Reaching for the finer things in life after the basic needs are satisfied. Which is one reason why I find that quality housing in JB would beget its demand in time to come should the various developers play their quality card right.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

Self actualization unfortunately still comes mainly to those whose basic needs are met.

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
One day I ll withdraw all I have out of Singapore, and use whatever CPF that I cant withdraw to buy whatever it can get to buy some house or shop to maximize the stucked money.. I ll be satisfied if I can live here.. If not I ll move further up..or find another paradise to live..

Singapore is too expensive and congested..and little memory left beside char kuei tiao, mee pok da.. My childhood playgrounds, schools, fishing sites have all been demolished.. Friends are living all over the world..ha

I'm one of those who has a long term plan:smile:

However I am really getting fed up with the PAP & tempted to leave sooner that later. I think I can hold out just a little longer:o

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Totally agreed..... I know many millionaires staying in 3room flats including one who own a bus assembly company...... But out of every 10 high income earners, they will be at least 6 who would want to live in a house with nice space such as big garden, pond and etc. That is the thing about this material world.. As security improve, more and more will likely to be more daring to stay in bigger houses. As for me , I always believe life is predestined, so death or alive are all predestined. So I do what I think is happy and right for myself, my family and all human being.... (within my ability). 好人有好報....

Cheers,
PH

Agree but the actual quality and size of housing may just be one way of manifesting their wealth. Out of the 6 you mentioned, 3 of them may not be living in houses befitting their wealth. There are also those who prefer to live like paupers or where they don't know where or how to spend their money (locals always point to me Muar people for example)

Definitely,do what you think and feel is right, not what others define.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
One day I ll withdraw all I have out of Singapore, and use whatever CPF that I cant withdraw to buy whatever it can get to buy some house or shop to maximize the stucked money.. I ll be satisfied if I can live here.. If not I ll move further up..or find another paradise to live..

Singapore is too expensive and congested..and little memory left beside char kuei tiao, mee pok da.. My childhood playgrounds, schools, fishing sites have all been demolished.. Friends are living all over the world..ha

Very true, i also like fishing A LOT. Used to fish until one time got hit with set backs after set backs (babies wise). Went to set free some fishes at Sembawang Park and gave up fishing. (Heart still yearns for the sound of that spinning reel)

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Brother... are you driving a 4 litre car? ha ha..

Actually for you buying 3-4 houses for your own stay is absolutely ok and you managed to rent a few outs is a positive example for us here. I am worried some new forumers might get carried away and committed too much..but then again..it is just a casual discussion. For folks like Investor, Puteri Harbour are definitely those with the means to buy whatever they want.. However I felt that different property are for different market.. As long as it is gated and guarded should be fine and sure can draw certain buyers and crowds... Some houses such as Nusa Duta, Bestari which are so near to amenities, sure they are good for old folks who don't drive..

I am vested and sure will be keen to invest more when feel comfortable.. probably shophouse or just land for myself to do camping.. (Don't want to go through construction and renovation exercise)

I am just a normal guy. None of my cars are above 2.4 litres. Shop houses definitely ok BUT LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION is even more important here. Go for the wrong area and thats it.

Status
Not open for further replies.