• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the disparity is so wide because Singaporeans are unique property investors. As long you have Singaporeans investors, you will see great disparity. It take time for most Singaporean to become more savvy. In hk, most people buy apartments off plan and they already know what are the locations that are good/prime even before it is launch. Good example is 99 year The Scala was launched at 1300psf last aug near Lor chuan MRT. Selling like hotcakes. But Goldenhill park condo freehold was transacted at $1200Psf at the same time. Nearer to MRT. What a disparity?
Another example 2 years ago Goldenhill Park condo was same price psf as city square residences at farrer park MRT. CS is near to town. Now CS is 300psf more expensive.

Successfully property investors to learn how to do trade off efficiently. What are some factors other than price.
1) existing Amenities
2) future developments
3) proximity to city centre (financial district or historical city)
4) educational institutions (very impt)
5) foreign interest
6) others

Due to singaporean need to purchase a property near their parents, they never really need to do any trade off. This make selling property in Singapore very easy by just making appealing showrooms.

But Singaporeans will learn to be more savvy as price escalate. It is a matter of time many of them will realize the disparity and flock to Johor. Less than one tenth land cost of 99 Leasehold sembawang land for a freehold land in LH is too difficult for me to ignore. If medini and and puteri develop half of what is marketed in 10-15 years. Land cost should escalate to 3 tenth that of Singapore's prices.

My views but investors still need to do their own due diligence. Biggest risk is political risk in Nusajaya.....

Cheers,
PH

Hi Puteri Harbour,

Your view of Nusajaya's price being around 10% of Singapore's cheaper choices of properties located in the outer fringe of the Island, and the fact that there's a good chance for Nusajaya's price to triple to a reasonable 30% in 10 to 15 years is exactly what I believed in too.

But I always like to state that Nusajaya's prices has a good chance to double to 20% of Singapore's cheaper choices in 5 years, leaving the future increase to triple as my bonus. Below was what I stated in page 104.

At around Sgd100 psf in Nusajaya now compared to around Sgd1,000 psf in Singapore, I think our investment is possible to be doubled to Sgd200 psf in maybe 4-5 years time as Nusajaya develops. With your targeted investment amount of around Sgd 8-10 million, you can retire in 2015 :biggrin:

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
List of forummers who have purchased or intend to purchase property in Johor. Hope those guests who are following this thread actively will also create their own account and join 'The List'. (Copy the whole list including this heading. Click 'Reply to Thread'. Paste it in your reply and add your nick and nationality to the list.)
# IMPORTANT - For new members, please try to make your first 10 post anywhere else before adding your nick to this list.

1. Wuqi256 (Singaporean) - The Gateway, The Golf, Nusa Duta -
Wuqi256 sisters (Singaporean), sister bf (SPR, East Malaysian [Kuching, Sarawak]). Wuqi256's relatives(Singaporean), friends (Singaporean, Malaysian (Malacca, KL, Kedah, Pahang, Kelantan [Tenant]), German, Australian, Korean)and colleagues (Singaporean, Malaysians, soon to be Italian and UK)
-Total 29 (updated) bought so far in Nusajaya
2. Investor (Singaporean) - Nusajaya
3. Analytical Professor (Singaporean) - Kempas
4. Sanur - Leisure farm/polo view
5. Sanur's mum - Leisure Farm/bayou water village
6. Sanur's SIL - Leisure Farm/polo view
7. Jasonjst - Sutera Utama
8. Tansi - Leisure Farm
9. relaxmannn (Singaporean) - Nusajaya
10. nusajayaphile (Singaporean) - The Hills Precinct, Horizon Hills
11. Mahesh - Leisure Farm/pinggiran bayou
12. East539 (Singaporean) - Nusajaya
13. East539's Sis & Bro in law (Singaporean) - EL/LF
14. JazJoz - Horizon Hills
15. Lynn - east Ledang
16. TheGolf - HH
17. Grago. - Horizon Hills
18. Arsenal (British, North London, home of the gunner) - Horizon Hills
19. Vincentck & Wife (Both Msian, Vincent from Ipoh, Perak; wife from Selangor) - NI
20. mathstub- Horizon Hills
21. ShawnLow (Malaysian, JB Skudai) - Bestari Heights - Astoria
22. Skippy - Horizon Hill The Golf
23. LastResort Family (Singaporean) - Horizon Hills, The Gateway, The Hills & Fairway Suites
24. Kaeel - Nusa Idaman , Hill side Semi D
25. Lord Aragorn - The Straits View Residences, Permas Jaya
26. cathylmg (Singaporean) - Kempas
27. captw - Bukit Indah, Amelia 1
28. mallow - Nusajaya
29. IskandarRocks (Indian, Sg PR) - East Ledang, Imperia@Puteri Harbour
30. euphony - LF & mt. austin
31. narmi - NI
32. maxpark - Fairway Suites, Indahwalk3
33. Avalon74- Setia Eco Garden
34. Yonglip - Bestari Heights
35. AbuGumGum - Sungai Chat, Johor Bahru
36. 2bFree - HH
37. Aisanbo (Singaporean) - Sky Gardens Residences @ Setia Tropika
38. 29ers - LF
39. Weetabix - HH
40. SeriAustinian - Seri Austin, HH South Golf
41. iamapseudoneem - Nusa Idaman
42. Puteri Harbour (Singaporean) - Imperia@Puteri Harbour
43. Odyssey - HH-Golf
44. darrkie.y - taman molek
45. Leisure - KIV leisure farm pinggiran bayou, east ledang or 1 medini
46. avelc - Nusajaya
47. linked (Singaporean) - East Ledang
48. investjb (Malaysian, Sarawak) - Impiana, Ujana, Casa Almyra, Golden sands, horizon residence
49. limmcd (Malaysian, Johor, Sg PR) - HH, BI, Ujana, Fortune Point, Nusa villa, Horizon Residence
50. spidey (Malaysian, KL, Sg PR) - Bandar Dato Onn
51. Icyraine (Malaysia, Born in Penang, Grow up in KL, Work in JB) - HH (going to seal the deal on coming monday!), Sri Samudera, Golden Sands
52. Blue_S (Malaysian, Sarawak, SPR) - Ujana, Horizon Residence
53. fairies (Singaporean) - Ledang Heights
54. Fairwaysuites (Malaysian, Penang, SPR) - HH Golf and Fairway Suites
55. Ray2104 (Singaporean) -D'Esplanade Residence @ KSL City

Brought forward to page 700

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi IskandarRocks bro, thanks for sharing this valuable input to me. After visiting the mini expo at Orchard Hotel yesterday, these 2 look pretty interesting to me. My other half will prefer a condo/apartment for a start. Hence I start looking around for these.

Impiana: The quality looks pretty ok to me. There are still a few units left though not choice ones. But I like the location because it is so near to Educity! And yes you hit the nail on the spot. My other half is right about convinced by me but still not fully. Therefore, we will like something "safe". Buying in a great location will not only provide some form of insurance, in the event that something negative happens, we can still use it as a weekend stay and enjoy the great amenities around us.

Imperia: The prices are a little steep for us to be honest. But hey, this is Puteri Harbour! Looking at how prices in our SG "Puteri Harbour", I can imagine the explosion if this really takes off. Hence I too feel in terms of returns, this will be much better than Impiana. The furnishings and stuff, I'm really surprised because they use marble flooring, etc. I didn't know about the member to HH golf club too. Yesterday I brought a friend along with me. She went down today again. Not sure if she has placed a cheque or not. She seemed more excited than me yesterday. But I am glad I manage to convince someone about the potential of Nusajaya with my limited knowledge of what is happening.

I hope I can make a decision soon and I want to thank all for the input all of you have given to me so far. Thanks once again. Very greatful.

Hi bro, yes, I went to the Expo early yesterday as well. Folks had just started coming in and I could see a lot of interest around Imperia, Impiana and the Pavillion Villa. The manager told me yesterday that 2 of the most expensive units at the Pavillion Villa (3.8M and 3.5M) were booked already (and they just finalized the floorplans the night before).

I also took a friend with me to the Expo. He was very keen on one of the Pavillion Villas at EL at first. He actually went over to Nusajaya this morning and visited EL, PH and LF. He found Imperia to be his top choice after visiting the site and is in the process of finalizing one of the high floor 3 br units. Said he was quite impressed with the overall Puteri Harbour masterplan.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hi bro, yes, I went to the Expo early yesterday as well. Folks had just started coming in and I could see a lot of interest around Imperia, Impiana and the Pavillion Villa. The manager told me yesterday that 2 of the most expensive units at the Pavillion Villa (3.8M and 3.5M) were booked already (and they just finalized the floorplans the night before).

I also took a friend with me to the Expo. He was very keen on one of the Pavillion Villas at EL at first. He actually went over to Nusajaya this morning and visited EL, PH and LF. He found Imperia to be his top choice after visiting the site and is in the process of finalizing one of the high floor 3 br units. Said he was quite impressed with the overall Puteri Harbour masterplan.

Hi IskandarRocks,

Are you looking for your third unit in Nusajaya?

Puteri harbour

Alfrescian
Loyal
The finishes are a world of differences, marble flooring and free kitchen equipment for imperia. The other difference is whether one prefer coastal and marina view vs plantation/ city and pvt estate view. Price almost double for imperia.

hi bros here, any comments about impiana and imperial?

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi IskandarRocks,

Are you looking for your third unit in Nusajaya?

Hi Investor, great question. Honestly, I am in 2 minds. Really tempted, but after making big commitments already, I keep getting a feeling that I should not be overcome by greed. In any case, even if I do, it will not be anytime soon but maybe after Q1 next year when, and if, bonuses come through.

But, currently, I usually vist these expos not to look for something for myself but get friends along and try to get them on board, have them as neighbours, get them to join this great forum. :smile:

Any particular reason for you to ask? I know that you always ask in good faith. :smile:

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is what I like about Horizon Hills, I believe the new Coastal Highway will give Horizon Hills a boost in future demand.

Morning view in Horizon Hills.
Horizon Hills.jpg

Last edited:

Puteri harbour

Alfrescian
Loyal
Was in LH this morning with my whole family to see 3 houses and 2 lands marketed by UEM. Does not quite like the location due to low ground. Any one in the forum own LH and thinking of taking profit, I open to look at land between 18,000 to 24000 sq ft. Many thanks

Also drive past PH, ascott 3 level high. traders hotel and indoor theme park 5 level high but interior not known.

Also bring my wife to see EL phase 3b. Finishes not perfect but top notch in JB Liao......

Cheers,
PH

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hi Investor, great question. Honestly, I am in 2 minds. Really tempted, but after making big commitments already, I keep getting a feeling that I should not be overcome by greed. In any case, even if I do, it will not be anytime soon but maybe after Q1 next year when, and if, bonuses come through.

But, currently, I usually vist these expos not to look for something for myself but get friends along and try to get them on board, have them as neighbours, get them to join this great forum. :smile:

Any particular reason for you to ask? I know that you always ask in good faith. :smile:

My actual question will come only if your answer above was yes, and that question is, 'Which development?' Haha! :smile:
If you've noticed, I've been keeping myself updated since the early days of this thread.

Before the launch of Imperia, I have to admit that I didn't foresee investors from Singapore, like yourself, to come in hordes to buy such expensive condo unit in Nusajaya (I see in terms of per sq ft price). My view is like most of the earlier investors - that freehold landed properties in Nusajaya have BIG room for further appreciation. Repeating what I posted in page 104 - At around Sgd100 psf in Nusajaya now compared to around Sgd1,000 psf in Singapore, I think my investment has a good chance to be doubled to Sgd200 psf in around 5 years time as Nusajaya develops further. Moreover, I see the possibility of further appreciation to Sgd300 in longer period like 10-15 years, but I'll just take the excess above double as bonus.

That's why I'm curious to know what development/s investors like you and Puteri Harbour who bought Imperia condo at RM2.x mil are looking at next.

Last edited:

Puteri harbour

Alfrescian
Loyal
I welcome the expats and anyone that can contribute to Singapore with open hand. We need talents to move forward. If not, the world will not be waiting for us to catch up.... That is the true fact of life run as fast as you could and spend quality time if your family.... That is my philosophy in life.

Fear not competion as such fear will bring upon thy failure.

Cheers,
PH

I wonder how our malaysian friends feel with this influx of singaporeans into JB particularly the nusajaya area?

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hi iskandarocks and investor,

Keep me inform if there is any lobang.... Since our views are so similar...

Thanks in advance......

Cheers,
PH

No problem and by the way are you looking at your 2nd or 3rd unit? Have you committed in any development other than Imperia so far?

Puteri harbour

Alfrescian
Loyal
No other commitment but have already budgeted for LH land and intend to build single story Balinese villa in 2 years so that house can be really for rental when the whole area mayerialised. If developments delayed, I will postpone constructions.

Cheers,
PH
No problem and by the way are you looking at your 2nd or 3rd unit? Have you committed in any development other than Imperia so far?

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No other commitment but have already budgeted for LH land and intend to build single story Balinese villa in 2 years so that house can be really for rental when the whole area mayerialised. If developments delayed, I will postpone constructions.

Cheers,
PH

OIC, your investment locations are exactly the same as IskandarRocks.
Both of you are on the same wavelength.
Both of you are the high-end investors of Nusajaya from Singapore.

Puteri harbour

Alfrescian
Loyal
I believe if IDR sustain the rate of developments so far... Many investors will start looking at it. During the main launch, I saw an ex saf general. Many of my friends are also looking at it.

In fact the land cost with construction of abt MYR 3.5m are within reach of many Singaporeans. It is just that they are uncomfortable with security and ignorance about nusajaya. Many Malaysian in JB also does not know about nusajaya. Many only know about sutera utama, taman universiti Nikita indah. When they all knows about nusajaya, it is when all of us start celebrating.....

Cheers,
PH

OIC, your investment locations are exactly the same as IskandarRocks.
Both of you are on the same wavelength.
Both of you are the high-end investors of Nusajaya from Singapore.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I believe if IDR sustain the rate of developments so far... Many investors will start looking at it.
...It is just that they are uncomfortable with security and ignorance about nusajaya.
Many Malaysian in JB also does not know about nusajaya....When they all knows about nusajaya, it is when all of us start celebrating.....

Cheers,
PH

This is another exact same view we share and I've repeated it many times :smile:

On another topic, what do you guys think about the possibility of having too many investors buying up a few units each purely for investments and Nusajaya ended up with too many units up for rental but with insufficient demand?

Another thing is that aren't you worried about over supply of bungalows in Nusajaya in future by developers themselves which can absorb the potential demand which you're anticipating? Because the major developers of developments in this prime land are all planning to build more bungalows. Eg. Ledang Heights(all bungalows), East Ledang(all bungalows in future), Horizon Hills(around 2500 bungalows in all 13 precincts), Medini(High-end semi-dees and bungalows though 99 years), nearby Leisure Farm(many more bungalows, land is super vast, though not as prime as your targeted Ledang Heights). The developers are all competing with you for the same future buyers.

Last edited:

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Great news! Johor Premium Outlets is only a small attraction compared to next year's Legoland + Lifestyle Mall + Puteri Harbour's Indoor Theme Park but there's already a big Hoo Haa created and it was on prime time TV news just now. Coach transport company mentioned that business boomed due to JPO and Singapore's tour agencies talked about tour packages for Singaporeans which can have JPO as highlight. By end of next year, Singapore's Tour agencies will have weekend 2 days 1 night packages just for Nusajaya plus a JPO visit. By then, Singaporeans and Malaysians will finally visit Nusajaya in hordes and demand for properties here will Definitely see a Boom.

Icyraine

Alfrescian
Loyal
I saw that one on the 11.00 pm news as well, in mandarin though.. hehe, yes, this is good news.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.