• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Icyraine

Alfrescian
Loyal
i have submitted my entire family to apply for passport.

wife had also gone for visa application to enter malaysia.

most likely next weekends will head in to view some units.

1 more thing i got to ask.

how to hire a live in maid in malaysia if all of us are on social visit pass.

is it possible or not?

LGLab, you need to be in the " malaysia 2nd home" plan if you want to hire a maid. Or, if you have any Malaysian relatives, then may be you can try applying using their name?

Icyraine

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey, i need some help here:

1)Anyone know a good dentist in JB?

2)which bank do you prefer for home loan financing? I am using Maybank and Public Bank at the moment, but standard & charter bank offer me a package with slightly lower interest rate (0.05% better), do u think this will make a huge difference? and anyone have deal with Standard & Charter Bank before?

Thanks!

P/S: couldnt wait to watch movies at TGV jusco bukit indah!

Narmi

Alfrescian
Loyal
11B is definitely honoured with discounts. :smile:

Alamak bro wuqi

I dun have 11B (neva received but got took foto at cmpb cos before rod time they just intro 11b foto id) but i got my 5 and 10yrs medal and Hamilton (no more swiss army) watch engraved with my rank name and ic. Enuf proof to qualify for the d discount? Hehe :smile:

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi bros here, any comments about impiana and imperial?
Hi Vincent:

I was asking around the same question a few months back. Here is what I think:

Impiana: Excellent entry level option right in the thick of all of the developments - Legoland, Lifestyle Mall, Educity, Sports complex and potentially a future transportation hub. Looking at the current asking prices all around, going prices of around 480 psf is very reasonable. Good range of products to suit all budgets. Ranging from 300K to 1.8M (penthouses). Quality of interiors is good but not luxurious. If you dont want to get overly speculative, but looking for a safer bet in a great location, this is the place to go for. Only caveat is that around 90% non-bumi units of first two launched towers are sold. Next launch will be only one tower at a slightly higher price. The manager mentioned to me that the last tower they would like to reserve for block purchasers.

Imperia: This is more high end. Has the advantages of breathtaking Marina marina, straits, and maybe seaviews. Walking distance from proposed CIQ. Across the street from Traders Hotel and Indoor Theme Park. This is is slated to be high end. Prices are high, now starting from 800 psf. For marina view, only very fiew 2500 sft units are left. Most available units are 2 bedroom 1600 sft but they are park view and around 700 psf. Looking at the showflat, this one is definitely more luxurious - marble flooring in living room and bathrooms, quality fittings. The 3 bedroom units also come with membership to HH golf club. Definitely more risky, given the entry price, but returns may be high if Puteri Harbour comes to life.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Investor:

Saw some very good points on EL vs HH and why I chose EL for the first one. Here are a few more to add. BTW, no offense to friends at HH. I really liked HH as well and if at all I go for one more, it will be HH.

Quality - In Iskandar, land price is roughly 25% and building is 75% (unlike Singapore). Of course, developers profit is built into both. So, for me quality of building is paramount as that is what we pay for. Sorry to say, the units I looked at in HH had multiple cracks in the wall. The pessimist in me led me to believe that if there are issues with what you can see, there will be issues with what you are unable to see. However, it sounds like quality is getting better at HH as well.

Consistency - I noticed that at HH, the developer seemed to be lenient about the exterior. I saw all sorts of balconies - wood, glass, bricks - some were unsightly. Recently, some of the folks mentioned about religious signs as well. Overall, this took away the 'classy' feel. I spoke with the manager at EL about creating a balcony above the garage at bunglow and I was first told no, then he said if majority wants to do so, they may allow but as per strict guidelines.

Avaliability - Overall I feel that there are very few units usually avalable for sale at EL. Of course, to be fair, most units are still under construction at EL. But EL is a small development. They have only 200 odd bunglows left to launch and maybe a few semi-ds at Reflection park, and these will come around 2 years late and will not be cheap. Also, there ar no other freehold development on the fringes, except Medini and that will be 99 years. I am no expert on HH but seems to be much larger and has a few more developments on the fringes. The agent who showed me the HH units earlier, keeps calling me with more availabilities.

Last edited:

Blue_S

Alfrescian
Loyal
Let me share my experience of how am i getting into the iskandar development...

my husband and I learned of iskandar was in year 2009 (before that we were not in malaysia/sin) when we got our 2nd car and started traveling around JB to look for an ideal land to build our dream home. We spent a year time traveled to many places to and there were 3 areas that bungalow lands attracted us - Palm villa with gold view the land owner requested RM25/sqf, leisure farm and ledang height @ RM40+/sqf (was managed to get a price of RM35+/sqf from a private owner)). But till end we didnt go for any of them as we didnt have savings and the prices were far from what we could afford.

Besides the bungalow land, we also looked around the housing development and East Ledang and horison hills were so expensive to at least two of us as Malaysian who were trying to seek for first property in our life. Until year 2010 we went to NI and learned they had a new project gonna to be lauched soon - the 2 and half storet semi-d right the top hill. After few site survey we paid a deposit to reverse a unit. That time we were the first potential buyer who paid the deposit. My husband liked the unit so much as it was on the hill top and the unblock view was so great. Every weekend we traveled to site to see the development and sometimes we even traveled in the early morning to see the scene of sunrise, the fresh air and birds & insects' singing. It was so great and we really liked it, but ended we withdrawn the unit due to the leaking at few areas of the house (not 1-2 but few areas).

Meanwhile, we also found Ujana which had already 80%-90% sold. We actually knew the project in 2009 but due to our priority was on bungalow land. Luckily we could still grab an unit in mid 2010 without the adjustment on prices by developer and also enjoyed the same packages.

Although we have no bullet for any more purchase, we are still kept traveled almost weekly, to see the development around jb to have ourself knowing of what are the development (high and low end) going on and also the progress. And visiting to see the Ujana is definitely part of our weekly journey.

To date, we are great to see the growing of iskandar development. Here is our first investment (the worst will be our home as we always choose a unit that we like).

Wish the great success of Iskandar project!

Nusajaya

Alfrescian
Loyal
As an investor, I see that doing 'some' market research in buyers' 'wants and needs' is important for my investments to have a better chance of success.
Developers do in-depth market research to determine how they want to position their products (eg. high-end or low-cost properties) in order to sell well.

Buying a house for own stay is something personal, everyone has different taste and needs. Thus - Don't need to seek too many opinions (This I agree)
Investing in a property is different. We cannot rely on our own personal taste and needs to judge. We need to find out what Most(Majority) buyers in the market prefer and we go with that majority.

Hi Investor,

What you are doing is absolutely right! This forum is a great place to get some valuable feedbacks - Market Research! I can see that you are an astute investor and able to separate personal judgement vs market needs. Alot of investors (myself included) made a common mistake of concluding the market needs based on his/her own personal perspective and ended up making not so great decisions along the way. Can be an expensive tuition fee in real estate investment.

Investing a personal home is very different from investing for capital appreciation or passive income. As much as the Market Research is of primary importance, you must be very clear with your Investment Objectives in order to get the best outcome.

Nusajaya

Alfrescian
Loyal
:biggrin:
There is even a top notch restaurant with attentive service within HH if one doesn't feel like leaving HH for food not to mention shop lots in HH that have eating outlets. It has hosted various funtions both official and private.

Hi Grago,

I am interested to know which/where is this top notch restaurant you are refering to? This is indeed a very important point that cannot miss......:smile:

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thank you everyone for sharing your personal reasons which resulted in your choice of your development/s.
Thanks Blue_S, Puteri Harbour, IcyRaine, Grago and IskandarRocks.

Icyraine

Alfrescian
Loyal
Blue_S,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience with us! Glad to know that there many people out there that had gone through the same experience like me :smile:

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Seems like the newer wave of Singaporean investors like Puteri Harbour and IskandarRocks chose their developments with roughly the same reasons as mine. Below was what I wrote in page 66.

Actually I like Horizon Hills for its vast landscape, unblock views of the Horizon and cool fresh air from the greenery of the golf course right beside your house :smile: You can't get that kind of quality living in Singapore unless you pay 10-20 times more. Preference and likings aside, property investment is all about location, thus I've chosen East Ledang instead.

I agree with you about price appreciation of properties in Nusajaya in near future when professionals and high level executives arrive in Nusajaya, but I wouldn't have invested in Nusajaya if it only has EduCity and Kota Iskandar. In the contrary, Nusajaya city is a whole new City in the making. As most of us here already know, other than just EduCity and Kota Iskandar(Johor's State Admin Centre), Nusajaya City also comprises of:

Iskandar Financial District(Medini),
Afiat HealthPark,
International Destination Resort(13.8 times bigger than our RWS + MBS),
SiLC Nusajaya(Southern Industrial and logistics Clusters),
Puteri Harbour
Nusajaya Residences(East Ledang, Ledang Heights, HH, Nusa Idaman and Nusa Bayu)

In fact, the Financial District Medini itself is not just a Financial District, it has an area of 2225 acres, vast enough for the overall development in Medini to be divided into three distinct clusters with separate themes, namely Lifestyle and Leisure, Cultural, and the Iskandar Financial District. Thus, other than Commercials, there are also theme park(Legoland), golf village like Horizon Hills, wellness village, shopping malls, condos, sea front residences, public parks etc.

Puteri Harbour, other than being just a marina, also has in-door theme park, hotels, commercial buildings, condos and water front bungalows.

The list goes on and they are stated in all the individual developers wedsite, I'm only capable of mentioning some highlights :smile:

tansi

Alfrescian
Loyal
For my dental care, I visit an Indian dentist at the only dental clinic in Gelang Patah. It is located among a row of 2-stoery shophouses. The top floor is the gigi clinic, the ground floor is a general clinic. I hv my denture made there 4.5 years ago and is still in good condition. Had a teeth cleaning a couple of months ago. The young dentist is very patient and polite, takes all the time necessary to do a proper job--something which I had missed for over 30 years in homeland. Saw a poster on the wall in the clinic on bridging, but I rather stick to the old proven way of dentistry. What I paid is half or even one-third of what those in hdb estates clinic charges, not to mention some fancy Raffles whatever charges.
Hey, i need some help here:

1)Anyone know a good dentist in JB?

2)which bank do you prefer for home loan financing? I am using Maybank and Public Bank at the moment, but standard & charter bank offer me a package with slightly lower interest rate (0.05% better), do u think this will make a huge difference? and anyone have deal with Standard & Charter Bank before?

Thanks!

P/S: couldnt wait to watch movies at TGV jusco bukit indah!

tansi

Alfrescian
Loyal
JPO
went yesterday but buy nothing, Only curious about price difference from sg. Happened to remember a shoe shop in suntect city 2d floor promoting a line of extra thick sole shoes with the centre of the sole thicker than both ends, like a rocking shoe. Checked the price at JPO, RM213; checked the price at suntec today, S$207, but hv 20% discount!, works out to be S$167. So RM213 vs S$167, sucks. May be it is cheaper elsewhere in sg. It could well be just an isolated case of price difference.

Vincent77

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Vincent:

I was asking around the same question a few months back. Here is what I think:

Impiana: Excellent entry level option right in the thick of all of the developments - Legoland, Lifestyle Mall, Educity, Sports complex and potentially a future transportation hub. Looking at the current asking prices all around, going prices of around 480 psf is very reasonable. Good range of products to suit all budgets. Ranging from 300K to 1.8M (penthouses). Quality of interiors is good but not luxurious. If you dont want to get overly speculative, but looking for a safer bet in a great location, this is the place to go for. Only caveat is that around 90% non-bumi units of first two launched towers are sold. Next launch will be only one tower at a slightly higher price. The manager mentioned to me that the last tower they would like to reserve for block purchasers.

Imperia: This is more high end. Has the advantages of breathtaking Marina marina, straits, and maybe seaviews. Walking distance from proposed CIQ. Across the street from Traders Hotel and Indoor Theme Park. This is is slated to be high end. Prices are high, now starting from 800 psf. For marina view, only very fiew 2500 sft units are left. Most available units are 2 bedroom 1600 sft but they are park view and around 700 psf. Looking at the showflat, this one is definitely more luxurious - marble flooring in living room and bathrooms, quality fittings. The 3 bedroom units also come with membership to HH golf club. Definitely more risky, given the entry price, but returns may be high if Puteri Harbour comes to life.

Hope this helps.

Hi IskandarRocks bro, thanks for sharing this valuable input to me. After visiting the mini expo at Orchard Hotel yesterday, these 2 look pretty interesting to me. My other half will prefer a condo/apartment for a start. Hence I start looking around for these.

Impiana: The quality looks pretty ok to me. There are still a few units left though not choice ones. But I like the location because it is so near to Educity! And yes you hit the nail on the spot. My other half is right about convinced by me but still not fully. Therefore, we will like something "safe". Buying in a great location will not only provide some form of insurance, in the event that something negative happens, we can still use it as a weekend stay and enjoy the great amenities around us.

Imperia: The prices are a little steep for us to be honest. But hey, this is Puteri Harbour! Looking at how prices in our SG "Puteri Harbour", I can imagine the explosion if this really takes off. Hence I too feel in terms of returns, this will be much better than Impiana. The furnishings and stuff, I'm really surprised because they use marble flooring, etc. I didn't know about the member to HH golf club too. Yesterday I brought a friend along with me. She went down today again. Not sure if she has placed a cheque or not. She seemed more excited than me yesterday. But I am glad I manage to convince someone about the potential of Nusajaya with my limited knowledge of what is happening.

I hope I can make a decision soon and I want to thank all for the input all of you have given to me so far. Thanks once again. Very greatful.

kennyc

Alfrescian
Loyal
I wonder how our malaysian friends feel with this influx of singaporeans into JB particularly the nusajaya area?

yonglip

Alfrescian
Loyal
Test drove the Proton Saga FLX yesterday at the Proton authorised dealer outside Bestari Giant.

Friendly people. Process similar to SG...give IC and drivers' license can already.

Steering felt heavy but overall think its a value for money car. Suitable for bros who dont like to spend a lot on a new car to blend in...Price is around S$18K nia..with 2 airbags...Understand from the sales exec takes only 10 days to have the car delivered. WOW!

I rem my SG car took like few months before they call me up to take delivery.

Cant blame me for saying this many times, "REALLY CHEAP AND GOOD!"..haha.

Cheers.

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I bought that shoe for the kid. My wife bought one recently in Singapore for herself.. Quite a food saving here..

JPO
went yesterday but buy nothing, Only curious about price difference from sg. Happened to remember a shoe shop in suntect city 2d floor promoting a line of extra thick sole shoes with the centre of the sole thicker than both ends, like a rocking shoe. Checked the price at JPO, RM213; checked the price at suntec today, S$207, but hv 20% discount!, works out to be S$167. So RM213 vs S$167, sucks. May be it is cheaper elsewhere in sg. It could well be just an isolated case of price difference.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I wonder how our malaysian friends feel with this influx of singaporeans into JB particularly the nusajaya area?

Those Malaysians who've also invested will be happy and will welcome Singaporeans with limousine and red carpet :wink:
Those who didn't invest or haven't buy for own stay will hate us for squeezing them out of prime land :(
But that's the case in every country. Don't tell me all Singaporeans can afford to stay in Sentosa Cove, Nassim Hill, Orchard Road, Shenton Way etc?

Singaporeans are mainly complaining about FTs taking away jobs. Escalating property prices was still caused mainly by Singaporeans ourselves.
For Johor's scenerio, we're not here to take away their jobs. People like Wuqi even create jobs for the locals.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.