• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

yonglip

Alfrescian
Loyal
this makes me wonder if i would want to get a place there and travel in and out daily...
i am a PMET that works near clementi.

I have heard of singaporeans who stay in jb and work in singapore. i respect them of going throught the hassle and the journey.. of waking up 5am just to reach office at 830am

Yes. i think there are some new bros here who read the forum and think they can do the daily commute. Executing the 1+1 model (stay in JB and rent out SG) takes a lot of discipline and planning. More so if there are kids in tow.

Bros who are thinking of seriously of taking the plunge should rent a place in JB for one or two months and try out the daily commute. Afterall RM500K is not exactly small change.

Yes. In this forum, one can read many positive things about the 1+1 model....however i also believe there are many untold stories of people who find the hassel too much for them to bear and eventually shifted back to SG.

Cheers bros.

east539

Alfrescian
Loyal
i am married with a 3 mths old kid..

my parents are both retiree a the age of 69 and 73.

therefore, do not know i really wanna stay there and rent all the hdb out in singapore..

LG, that is why it is better to go in there a few times be it for shopping or getting familiar with the area there before you commit. my bro in law who currently stay at East Ledang move off from his house at around 8 - 8.30am to his work place in CBD, asked him how is it & he replied it is fine. I guess it is different from person to person when it come to travelling time.

yonglip

Alfrescian
Loyal
Seems like we have a few early birds visiting JPO, kindly update your field reports (better if got pictures) here so that the rest of the brothers and sisters can enjoy .
Now is that official open or not ? Thanks !

Will be zipping in tomorrow to look see the place....hehe. lucky wifey is the type who believe its more important to wear neat clothes than expensive ones..

After seeing JPO, her opinion might change...maybe can find cheap and branded??..haha.

teck21

Alfrescian
Loyal
Will be zipping in tomorrow to look see the place....hehe. lucky wifey is the type who believe its more important to wear neat clothes than expensive ones..

After seeing JPO, her opinion might change...maybe can find cheap and branded??..haha.

Sounds like my wife, lol. Maybe I should do same with my wife. Anyway we are thinking of checking out various childcare/nursery/enrichment facilities there.

LG: What I mean is that going to HH is very fast using the coastal highway if driving, but driving back to SG was a much longer drive because we couldn't take the coastal highway back the same way we came from.

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi LG,

My personal feel is you are not ready to live/compute in JB yet. your kid us too young and parent too old.. and you are too new to Malaysia... whether property will rise or fall is who guess... take your time..

therefore, do not know i really wanna stay there and rent all the hdb out in singapore..

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

Hi LGLab,

My humble 2 cents is to book a hotel room in hotels like Pariss hotel and stay there for a few days.Both on weekdays and on weekends.
That way, you will stay over in Johore while going to SG when necessary. It will simulate living there and is a relatively inexpensive way
to try things out by seeing if you would like it or can get used to it. It will allow you to view things from a resident perspective rather than
a shoppers perspective as it forces you to look at things or amenities you normally wouldn't as a "shopper"

Try it out for a few days and see whether you like it. I did this many times, in Sutera mall area (J Hotel) as i was guaging to see how happy
my family would like staying in that area. In the end, still Bukit Indah area suited them more hence in the end (Eurorich hotel), here we are.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi LG,

My personal feel is you are not ready to live/compute in JB yet. your kid us too young and parent too old.. and you are too new to Malaysia... whether property will rise or fall is who guess... take your time..

Agree, the kid is too young may really be showstopper if no one to help take care, parents are old and cannot help.
Parents old though = This place is totally suitable as fresh air and availability of cheaper yet comparable medical care will help alleviate any ongoing medical costs greatly.

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi LG,

I must agree with your observation.
1) If you do not drive, HH is quite a distance from public transport. If you drive and leave HH at 6:30am, should be in office by an hour.
2) child below 3 years normally has to go through check-up etc , that is another transport woe.
3) all members of family must be mentally prepared for the big move once you sign on dotted line.
4) try out on rental is wise even for a year, I doubt there is any short rent like a month.

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
this makes me wonder if i would want to get a place there and travel in and out daily...
i am a PMET that works near clementi.

I have heard of singaporeans who stay in jb and work in singapore. i respect them of going throught the hassle and the journey.. of waking up 5am just to reach office at 830am

Hi LGLab, i am a PMET too that works in city area. Not 5am definitely. I would not live here if its really 5am. Not a morning person by any stretch of the imagination.
When i need to go in, i wake at 6.30am and leave my house before 7am and go by 2nd link.
I reach my place still ahead of 8.30am

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
I must agree with your observation.
1) If you do not drive HH is quite a distance from public transport.
2) child below 3 years normally has to go through check-up etc , that is another transport woe.
3) all members of family must be mentally prepared for the big move once you sign on dotted line.
4) try out on rental is wise even for a year, I doubt there is any short rent like a month.

Agree, hotels are cheaper and shorter periods. I tend to book one near the area i am thinking of buying.
Its my way of scouting out the lay of the land and to see if there was anything we overlooked .

2bFree

Alfrescian
Loyal
Directors can be foreigners but they must have a residential address in MY.

Nowadays a Sdn Bhd company can be 100% foreign-owned but if you need a work permit then there are some conditions to fulfill.

Actually I'm also thinking of starting a business in JB.
But I believe we need 2 Malaysian directors. True?
Without MM2H, we also can start e company?

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

Good wife you have there. Avoid bringing them to the dark side....

Its too late for me (Wuqi being slowly dragged by sisters, wife clawing on the floor in desperation)
Save yourself!!! I would be dragged with them, to the depth of shopping mania later.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Sounds like my wife, lol. Maybe I should do same with my wife. Anyway we are thinking of checking out various childcare/nursery/enrichment facilities there.

LG: What I mean is that going to HH is very fast using the coastal highway if driving, but driving back to SG was a much longer drive because we couldn't take the coastal highway back the same way we came from.

Good for you, there are lots of choices abound. Avoid JPO if you want your sanity. :smile:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Yes, traveling is a major hinderance especially for families with kids.
Even if I am willing to wake up at 5am, the wife may not take it.
Even if she can sacrifice, the kids will suffer with the daily travel and waste of time.
It WILL affect their development and grades.
If I am single, I will go in and stay.

Actually disagree with the grades suffering, maybe development a bit. I have seen hordes of MY kids going into Singapore to study.
If anything, the long journey reinforces their determination to be better and i can see that they tend to strive harder with fire in their
bellies.

Sometimes a little hardship toughens the kids, these days kids are too soft. Everything they want instant, instant gratification, easy this, easy that.
We need to ask ourselves sometimes, the kids we are developing in Singapore these days, learning under so much pressure, learning so many things at once and maintain high grades. Are they really educated despite going through all the hardship, lugging heavy bags, etc?

In the end, these well "trained" kids have to compete for the same jobs as kids from other countries who may have taken a slower/gentler and not as taxing route. Why do we need to stress our kids so much so that in the end they have to compete with people who didn't need to go through all of this (yet are good enough to be deemed suitable to compete for jobs with them.)

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Directors can be foreigners but they must have a residential address in MY.

Nowadays a Sdn Bhd company can be 100% foreign-owned but if you need a work permit then there are some conditions to fulfill.

Yes it is really easy now. Work permits, you need a minimum capitalization for the company as well as other conditions to fulfill.
Getting licenses for specific things like education though is the hard part.

Vincent77

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am looking at the gateway yesterday 20x70 is already going for 480k ringgit...

pretty small intermediate unit..

the intermediate at NI also going around this price. but NI is bigger. But I'm a bit concerned with the 1-layer security. When I asked about the recent robbery in Precinct 5, I was not given an answer. Is this gateway unit a resale or from developer?

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
For those interested, just saw an email from UEM Land that they are launching the next Phase of Melody Park. They will be called Pavillion Villas and price will range from 2.9M to 3.8M. The soft launch is on Dec 10.

greddy88

Alfrescian
Loyal
let's say if i loan 80%... and some years down the road, i have accumulated a sum of money and want to pay off one lump sum, would it be possible? the idea is to save on the interest.

i recently paid the balance 60k loan from cpf and i now don't owe hdb a cent, and in the process, saved about 5k of interest (feel-good even though i still don't get to see it anyway).

for properties in malaysia, does it also work this way?

Status
Not open for further replies.