SG Live Bet
SG Tipster
Page 654 of 763 FirstFirst ... 154554604644652653654655656664704754 ... LastLast
Results 13,061 to 13,080 of 15241

Thread: Living in JB

My Reputation Points: 100122 / Power: 206

Default Re: Living in JB

Quote Originally Posted by LGLab View Post
    Hi All,

today i went in with teck21 today.
    He handled over 2% of the total property cost to the agent ...

then after that , i follow another agent and went to view the gateway unit.

he had shown me 700k nett gateway semi D..

then another 1 is intermediate unit, that is similar to the 480k unit at the gateway..

when i went it, it is pretty SMALL..

my expectation of JB house should be big, but it is rather small.. but well for 480k and a freehold what i expect.

the agent told me if the owner dont mind, then i can buy for <500k as a foreigner..
    but i got to declare that i buy 480k unit and not 500k unit and i got to pay 5% of the 20k difference as tax to the government.

that will be 10k ringgit that will be around $420 sing.

pretty ok for me..

today came home to discuss with family members, i keep mentioning that the place is not as big as i thought...

but then my wife still want to go over..

should i move not? if yes.. this weekends, i can go over again to view the exact unit..
    Hi bro, the 700k "semi-d" unit is definitely a cluster, how big was the dimensions of the terrace that they were showing you?
    There are other terraces like 24 x 75 that is a good size to have. Space is important, always buy the biggest you can reasonably afford
    if you are going to get a loan. Don't over stretch but this is for scalability reasons if all you are buying is just one and its for own stay,
    you might as well get the largest possible if you intend to bring in family. If not, then something smaller but not too small that you would
    want/need/have to upgrade after a couple of years.
    Share on Twitter

My Reputation Points: 1235 / Power: 6

Quote Originally Posted by wuqi256 View Post
    Hi Investor, i don't think they are marketing it, mainly the agents unless some guys in HH are moonlighting.
    Thanks for your reply Wuqi. It's 2.05am already, have a good sleep Me going to JPO tomorrow afternoon with some friends, yay!
    Last edited by Investor; 01-12-2011 at 05:07 PM.
    Share on Twitter

I sincerely wish all the best for you, your wife and hope that she will have one for you. Don't be disheartened though, keep trying, i am sure you will succeed. We only truly stop trying when the last nail is nailed shut.

Thanks for your kind words, t was hard for me and my wife as well. 2 of my potential daughters/son didn't make it. I didn't blame anyone but myself then. Kind of like the lowest point of my life when both of these incidents happen. Felt so terrible. I would rather exchange every single car, houses, hobbies items, all the money in the bank, shares and investment in all 3 countries that i have if i could bring them back. I would.

I still cannot listen to this song without feeling emotional. This song applies to my life basically. You share things with people, whether shares or knowledge, give lifts to them, teach them stocks and shares, give them jobs and the minute your back is turned. Good luck to you. In the end, material counts for little to me, hence i am not being noble by refusing comms but rather i realised money isn't everything in this life.

Like i shared in the beginning, being no. 1 isn't everything to me. Why do i need to be no.1 or for that matter, my son. Hence he can be no.99 as long as he is happy. I rather he be a happy pauper than being forced into so much pressure that he cannot take it. There will always be excellent people but few are truly happy. Even if you reach the pinnacle, is one truly at peace or happy?

Again folks academic results is no indication of later life success or failure. Its just a sort of insurance and more importantly, not to just secure jobs but to really have them as educated adults to face this uncertain life.

http://youtu.be/dkoBCtMLn0A
    Enjoyed reading your inner thoughts. Was touched by what you've shared above. But hey, cheer up bro I hope to know you in person one day bro. You are really a kind-hearted and wonderful guy.
    I love that cantonese song too =)
    Share on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by contra View Post
    This is pure priceless

And the Government is wondering how to get people to conceive more..... is in the environment for sure,helped by a big dose of kind heartedness and selflessness karma. Congrats bro!
    Thanks a lot for your kind wishes. Its still early days so fingers crossed.

I am just helping people who have the "yuan" to be helped.
    Those who don't will just dismiss or won't even bother to read.
    Those who read may not understand and those who understand
    may not see it our way.

I still have 3-4 people i regard as very close to my heart that have never
    visited Johore before. Despite my best efforts, they never even came to
    do shopping. No matter what you do, there will always be someone out there
    who thinks its not possible, hidden agenda, etc. I guess that the conventional ideas
    of being number 1, no free lunch are too deeply ingrained in us these days.
    We must understand that the west are just begining to rediscover the meaning of altruism.

In the end though, we can only do so much sometimes. There are those you can help,
    there are some you cannot help, one has to accept that.

Just like just now, i asked my wife to pass some money to an uncle cleaning
    the tables when i was back in SG. Wife refused as she fears embarrassement in
    case the uncle refuses. I have no such issue and passed it to him and told the uncle gently,
    its for his coffee.

I then forget about the whole thing and did not look at him again as i did not want to embarrass
    him.
    Share on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Investor View Post
    Thanks for your reply Wuqi. It's 2.05am already, have a good sleep Me going to JPO tomorrow afternoon with some friends, yay!
    Thanks, i will be there too with my family. Hope to see you there. Today was really hectic. Came in just now in the afternoon before going back. One of my friends gates was open as he forgot to lock it properly when rushing back to SG. Must have attracted some curious stares as i tried to close it for him but his gate latch is already locked shut so had to just swing it inside. Just now passed by, again open but saw from outside that the things he had outside were still unmolested.
    Share on Twitter

My Reputation Points: 10 / Power: 0

what documents required to open a such bank account in Johor Malaysia and which bank it is for Singaporean? Thanks.
    Just bought a condo in Bukit indah. Transfer the first money from Singapore bank to their banks. The exchange rate is only about 2.409 and 30$ per transfer last week against money exchange 2.439 at that time.
    Share on Twitter

My Reputation Points: 95 / Power: 3

Quote Originally Posted by teck21 View Post
    What he meant was that he and his partner have no more units on hand in The Golf, other agents still have units for sale. PM me your email address if you want me to forward the mail from the other agent.

I have been checking with the HH sales staff regularly, and always been informed that they have nothing for links or clusters except the current launch at Hills due for completion after 2 years. And given the run-up in prices, wouldn'tthey won't mark up the prices of any such units if they came available. Seems to be a premium placed on buying direct from developer.
    Seems to be market inefficiency, I'm wondering what is the cause/reason? Can bro Wuqi or others comment on the benefits of buying direct from developer, besides the defect liability protection?
    Share on Twitter

My Reputation Points: 20 / Power: 0

Quote Originally Posted by avelc View Post
    Seems to be market inefficiency, I'm wondering what is the cause/reason? Can bro Wuqi or others comment on the benefits of buying direct from developer, besides the defect liability protection?
    There are many pros and cons which has been mentioned before.
    I think main things are these....
    - do you trust the developer or agent/seller more ?
    - availability of units
    Share on Twitter

My Reputation Points: 14 / Power: 0

what is a safe way of converting sing dollars into ringgit ?..

the agent told me it is through the money changer... i bring $1k sing and convert there..
    wa seh. if i bring 6 1k notes. convert to ringgit wont i be attention seeker?
    it is cus convert from sing to ringgit through the bank gonna get sucks rate~~
    bro, as far as I know, the exchange rate (SGD to MYR) in Singapore is always better than in Johor.
    Share on Twitter

My Reputation Points: 56 / Power: 4

Thanks for your kind words, t was hard for me and my wife as well. 2 of my potential daughters/son didn't make it. I didn't blame anyone but myself then. Kind of like the lowest point of my life when both of these incidents happen. Felt so terrible. I would rather exchange every single car, houses, hobbies items, all the money in the bank, shares and investment in all 3 countries that i have if i could bring them back. I would.
    Bro wuqi, sorry to hear about your loss... God has bless you with another child, so there is a reason to rejoice... take care and have a fantastic weekend. TGIF.
    Share on Twitter

My Reputation Points: 19 / Power: 0

Hi bro wuji,

yesterday i was with teck21, whose is driving all the way from HH back to singapore.

i feel the journey quite long sia.. are u staying in HH all the while and work in sg?..

i google map and that is 38km apart from HH to my work place..

hmmm.....
    Share on Twitter

My Reputation Points: 24 / Power: 0

Quote Originally Posted by fischerman12 View Post
    Thanks Bro YongLIp for your input, will look into those property you mentioned. Can I consult you later if got any questions.

Many thanks
    "Consult" is the wrong word bro...we are all here to share and learn from each other...i think all bros here will be more than happy to give their 2 cents worth...

cheers.
    Share on Twitter

My Reputation Points: 72 / Power: 4

Hi bro wuji,

yesterday i was with teck21, whose is driving all the way from HH back to singapore.

i feel the journey quite long sia.. are u staying in HH all the while and work in sg?..

hmmm.....
    Glad u made that trip...young man

Next you should explore the surroundings ...really
    Get Real !
    Share on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by cleyeo View Post
    bro, as far as I know, the exchange rate (SGD to MYR) in Singapore is always better than in Johor.
    Definitely better ...except @ Tesco
    Get Real !
    Share on Twitter

My Reputation Points: 60 / Power: 5

Seems like we have a few early birds visiting JPO, kindly update your field reports (better if got pictures) here so that the rest of the brothers and sisters can enjoy .
    Now is that official open or not ? Thanks !
    "The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty" - Winston Churchill
    Share on Twitter

My Reputation Points: 23 / Power: 0

To be frank, I also have big reservations about the journey times if living in JB and working fulltime in SIN, especially if one have to work long hours (as most PMETs may increasingly attest to these days...).
    So personally, I dont see it as an viable option except as a weekend home, or for someone who has very flexible working hours (sales? own towkay?, etc), or semi-retired, or retired.
    Otherwise, it can be an incrementally draining experience to drive day in day out, etc... even now, from our place in east coast to jurong, having to go through traffic is already pretty tiring and generally SIN traffic pace can be considered pretty decent...
    Anyway, for those who can make the transitions well, more power to you!

Just some musings on another cold wet day in SIN...
    Share on Twitter

Hi bro wuji,

hmmm.....
    With the new Coastal Highway, it'll be shortened by around 9km, thus equals 29km. (I assume that your 38km is using 2nd Link Highway, passing by Bukit Indah Jusco to get to HH)
    Share on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by aangsc View Post
    Seems like we have a few early birds visiting JPO, kindly update your field reports (better if got pictures) here so that the rest of the brothers and sisters can enjoy .
    Now is that official open or not ? Thanks !
    Yes it's open to public from today, but there's an official grand opening ceremony by PM Najib on the 11th if I'm not wrong.
    You can see some updates of yesterday's pre-sales opening from this link http://jbcool.com/2011/12/johor-premium-outlets/
    Share on Twitter

With the new Coastal Highway, it'll be shortened by around 9km, thus equals 29km. (I assume that your 38km is using 2nd Link Highway, passing by Bukit Indah Jusco to get to HH)
    But the new Coastal Highway uses the CAUSEWAY of which traffic is horrendous at peak hours.

So while the journey may be shorter but the time taken may be longer ...and the temper hotter

I am not trying to pour 'cold water' ...just trying to be practical ....and realistic
    Get Real !
    Share on Twitter

My Reputation Points: 71 / Power: 4

From my home in East Coast to HH including immigration clearance, if I travelled during non peak hour.. I can reach HH around 45-50min. I agreed it is a long journey if compute daily and expensive if you travel by Tuas everyday... However if you are determined to accept that, it is definitely possible considered so many folks have done it..

I have a friend who collected houses as hobbies... not just for investment or rental.. just like people who collect expensive watches or cars.. it is the same.. I plan to retire from Singapore in a few year times (It is not that I have reached my retirement age, but I don't believe in total retirement and I wish I can find some liked minded friends to do some business in Malaysia at our own time.. Maybe a technology startup or something that can give me more flexible time..).. I also think looking for a new life only after total retirement(and kids all grown up) might be a bit too late.. Living in JB is a start of a new journey or transition.. Like Wuyi said, after living in JB, maybe you will have the appetite of living in other beautiful countries in the world.. and you will realise the world is not just Singapore.. The world is hugh and beautiful..

Quote Originally Posted by maxpark View Post
    To be frank, I also have big reservations about the journey times if living in JB and working fulltime in SIN, especially if one have to work long hours (as most PMETs may increasingly attest to these days...).
    So personally, I dont see it as an viable option except as a weekend home, or for someone who has very flexible working hours (sales? own towkay?, etc), or semi-retired, or retired.
    Otherwise, it can be an incrementally draining experience to drive day in day out, etc... even now, from our place in east coast to jurong, having to go through traffic is already pretty tiring and generally SIN traffic pace can be considered pretty decent...
    Anyway, for those who can make the transitions well, more power to you!

Just some musings on another cold wet day in SIN...
    Share on Twitter