• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah Unify is great they're just like starhub minus the wireless router, love the packages it comes with.

Any of you guys install roof antenna, how much, where and how the reception?? My sil introduce an antenna priced at rm$69 diy which she said I could even get 3 almost clear indonesian channel which shows soccer matches. :smile:

Hi linked, I am interested in the antenna, can you advise me where can I purchase that?

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow, can residence in gateway subscribe to such service?

<Public Service Announcement>

For those staying in Horizon Hills, good news is that TM is providing Unifi fiber optic broadband connection now! I am upgrading from my Streamyx 2Mbps account at RM130 to Unifi VIP5 at RM149 /mth.

If you are keen on applying, please call Alex at 012 7313126 to make an appointment, cheers!

Batok Seri

Alfrescian
Loyal
I do not mind houses putting a cross or any other religious logos hanging outside their house or roof. I feel that its a religious freedom. However I must say the particular family in Gateway has

"overdone" it. The cross is simply over-sized and even though its not offensive, it may turn off potential investors or pious muslims etc esp the bumis. I know for sure Spore malays wont mind as we are quite open about it.

Maybe we can hear from some in-house bumis such as Botak Seri and their candid assessment. If Botak can accept, I am sure the rest should be ok. But I myself think that the size should be reduced by 80%.

It doesn't offend my religious sensitivity as much as my aesthetic sensitivity.
A cross that size and lit in red is a bit over the top but then again who knows they may have had vampyric visitations and the security guards failed to call first before letting the pale fanged ones in..

Last edited:

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
My concern on the suicide is there are many unhappy and desperate people living in Singapore.. There is a lack of space and tolerance of failure in Singapore.. One black mark and you are deemed as failure... Once broke or lose your job and you are in trouble living in singapore.. Not a place to have babies for the inadequate, just a place to import as the short cut for population growth..

Hi checkers, i meant to say, not safe from suicides. I would still assume all the deaths in reservoir are suicides than anything else.
I always assumed bodies found from the sea were from neighbouring countries, never Singapore.
The last time someone said to me a body was found in the sea, i automatically assume suicide until he told me the person was
found in a bag.

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Living in JB
List of forummers who have purchased or intend to purchase property in Johor. Hope those guests who are following this thread actively will also create their own account and join 'The List'. (Copy the whole list including this heading. Click 'Reply to Thread'. Paste it in your reply and add your nick and nationality to the list.)
# IMPORTANT - For new members, please try to make your first 10 post anywhere else before adding your nick to this list.

1. Wuqi256 (Singaporean) - Nusajaya, Wuqi256 sisters, sister bf. Wuqi256's relatives, friends and colleagues - Total 27 bought so far in Nusajaya
2. Investor (Singaporean) - Nusajaya
3. Analytical Professor (Singaporean) - Kempas
4. Sanur - Leisure farm/polo view
5. Sanur's mum - Leisure Farm/bayou water village
6. Sanur's SIL - Leisure Farm/polo view
7. Jasonjst - Sutera Utama
8. Tansi - Leisure Farm
9. relaxmannn (Singaporean) - Nusajaya
10. nusajayaphile (Singaporean) - The Hills Precinct, Horizon Hills
11. Mahesh - Leisure Farm/pinggiran bayou
12. East539 (Singaporean) - Nusajaya
13. East539's Sis & Bro in law (Singaporean) - EL/LF
14. JazJoz - Horizon Hills
15. Lynn - east Ledang
16. TheGolf - HH
17. Grago. - Horizon Hills
18. Arsenal - Horizon Hills(British, north London.home of the gunner)
19. Vincentck & Wife - NI
20. mathstub- Horizon Hills
21. ShawnLow (Malaysian, JB Skudai) - Bestari Heights - Astoria
22. Skippy - Horizon Hill The Golf
23. LastResort Family (Singaporean) - Horizon Hills, The Gateway, The Hills & Fairway Suites
24. Kaeel - Nusa Idaman , Hill side Semi D
25. Lord Aragorn - The Straits View Residences, Permas Jaya
26. cathylmg (Singaporean) - Kempas
27. captw - Bukit Indah, Amelia 1
28. mallow - Nusajaya
29. IskandarRocks (Indian, Sg PR) - East Ledang, Imperia@Puteri Harbour
30. euphony - LF & mt. austin
31. narmi - NI
32. maxpark - Fairway Suites, Indahwalk3
33. Avalon74- Setia Eco Garden
34. Yonglip - Bestari Heights
35. AbuGumGum - Sungai Chat, Johor Bahru
36. 2bFree - HH
37. Aisanbo (Singaporean) - Sky Gardens Residences @ Setia Tropika
38. 29ers - LF
39. Weetabix - HH
40. SeriAustinian - Seri Austin, HH South Golf
41. iamapseudoneem - Nusa Idaman
42. Puteri Harbour (Singaporean) - Imperia@Puteri Harbour
43. Odyssey - HH-Golf
44. darrkie.y - taman molek
45. Leisure - KIV leisure farm pinggiran bayou, east ledang or 1 medini
46. avelc - Nusajaya
47. linked (Singaporean) - East Ledang
48. investjb (Malaysian, Sarawak) - Impiana, Ujana, Casa Almyra, Golden sands, horizon residence
49. limmcd (Malaysian) - HH, BI, Ujana, Fortune Point, Nusa villa, Horizon Residence
50. spidey (Malaysian, KL, Spore PR) - Bandar Dato Onn

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Today I went for my lighting shopping..with the expectation I might not get those upmarket type as if in KL or Singapore..
However I found this shop at bukit Indian 1, recently open to be rather amazing.. Selection not too bad..price decent from singapore pt of view.. Shop name is M1 lighting.. Do check it out bro.. I have nothing to gain from this recommendation..just think so folks here might be keen to know..

List of forummers who have purchased or intend to purchase property in Johor. Hope those guests who are following this thread actively will also create their own account and join 'The List'. (Copy the whole list including this heading. Click 'Reply to Thread'. Paste it in your reply and add your nick and nationality to the list.)
# IMPORTANT - For new members, please try to make your first 10 post anywhere else before adding your nick to this list.

1. Wuqi256 (Singaporean) - Nusajaya, Wuqi256 sisters, sister bf. Wuqi256's relatives, friends and colleagues - Total 27 bought so far in Nusajaya
8. Tansi - Leisure Farm
15. Lynn - east Ledang
16. TheGolf - HH
23. LastResort Family (Singaporean) - Horizon Hills, The Gateway, The Hills & Fairway Suites
28. mallow - Nusajaya
31. narmi - NI
36. 2bFree - HH
38. 29ers - LF
39. Weetabix - HH
43. Odyssey - HH-Golf
46. avelc - Nusajaya
48. investjb (Malaysian, Sarawak) - Impiana, Ujana, Casa Almyra, Golden sands, horizon residence
49. limmcd (Malaysian) - HH, BI, Ujana, Fortune Point, Nusa villa, Horizon Residence

LGLab

Alfrescian
Loyal
today there a news on hdb that was launched for 70k+ for 2 room hdb and after grant only cost $30!

holy god~!

lastresort

Alfrescian
Loyal

8. Tansi - Leisure Farm
15. Lynn - east Ledang
16. TheGolf - HH
28. mallow - Nusajaya
31. narmi - NI
36. 2bFree - HH
38. 29ers - LF
39. Weetabix - HH
43. Odyssey - HH-Golf
46. avelc - Nusajaya

Brother Arsenal, I was thinking who knows there might be British/American or any European here and it'd be interesting. And indeed, I am surprised you're from London. :cool:

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Brother Arsenal, I was thinking who knows there might be British/American or any European here and it'd be interesting. And indeed, I am surprised you're from London. :cool:
Ya, a brit with singlish accent.. Like to drink beer, eat fish and chip and beat people up after football game..

lastresort

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ya, a brit with singlish accent.. Like to drink beer, eat fish and chip and beat people up after football game..

that's really interesting, i had an Italian classmate with singlish accent too. =) Are you a Singapore PR? Where do you plan to settle your family.

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
It doesn't offend my religious sensitivity as much as my aesthetic sensitivity.
A cross that size and lit in red is a bit over the top but then again who knows they may have had vampyric visitations and the security guards failed to call first before letting the pale fanged ones in..

Had a good laugh. Nice One Batok....they forgot the GARRLICK......... :biggrin:

Today I went for my lighting shopping..with the expectation I might not get those upmarket type as if in KL or Singapore..
However I found this shop at bukit Indian 1, recently open to be rather amazing.. Selection not too bad..price decent from singapore pt of view.. Shop name is M1 lighting.. Do check it out bro.. I have nothing to gain from this recommendation..just think so folks here might be keen to know..

Bro it's Bukit INDAH 1 .... right. It's in Bukit Indah?

avelc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks, some of it is actually content that i posted here for archival purposes as i need another way to keep my posts after the past server issues encountered here. I will add more to it soon.

Bro wuqi, picking up an old post I'm reading. Could you PM me your blog pls. Thanks in advance

Icyraine

Alfrescian
Loyal

8. Tansi - Leisure Farm
15. Lynn - east Ledang
16. TheGolf - HH
28. mallow - Nusajaya
31. narmi - NI
36. 2bFree - HH
38. 29ers - LF
39. Weetabix - HH
43. Odyssey - HH-Golf
46. avelc - Nusajaya
51. Icyraine (Malaysia, Born in Penang, Grow up in KL, Work in JB) - HH (going to seal the deal on coming monday!), Sri Samudera, Golden Sands

Another Malaysian reporting :smile:

Icyraine

Alfrescian
Loyal
The 3 storey semi D at the golf (HH) is already atleast 1.5 million !! is it still worth it?? 35x80 is only 2800 sq feet. Semi D was like 700k one or 2 years ago right? Any view please.:confused:

Icyraine

Alfrescian
Loyal
For HH the golf precinct, is it south golf- north golf, or is it east golf -west golf? HH website showed north- south but i think actually it's called east-west right?

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'm SG PR(local JB)working in SG. Moved back to JB in 2003 but continued working in SG.
Started of with Bukit Indah house.. Then slowly expand...
2008 - HH (Gateway 1x), Nusa Villa(1x)
2009 - HH (shoptlot 1x)
2010 - BI(shoplot), Fortune Point(2xshoplot), Ujana(2x), NV(3x)
2011 - HR (7x), FP(1x), NV(1x)

I've full confidence with Iskandar development..
Thanks to 2009-2010 on stock investments that enabled this expansion.
Now, I'm not holding a single stock as my focus has changed..
Cheers..

That's simply fantastic! You're really one super daring investor. I have one word for you - Congratulations :smile:

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Wow I'm surprised too. 2 of my cousins are British too as my uncle married an Irish lady and they settled in London for the past 40+ years.
Welcome Mr British. Are you Sg PR or Malaysia PR?
Don't tell me you're the guy complaining in Facebook about your bungalow in The Hills?

Last edited:

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

8. Tansi - Leisure Farm
15. Lynn - east Ledang
16. TheGolf - HH
18. Arsenal (British, North London, home of the gunner) - Horizon Hills
28. mallow - Nusajaya
29. IskandarRocks (Indian, SG PR) - East Ledang, Imperia@Puteri Harbour
31. narmi - NI
36. 2bFree - HH
38. 29ers - LF
39. Weetabix - HH
43. Odyssey - HH-Golf
46. avelc - Nusajaya
49. limmcd (Malaysian, Johor, SG PR) - HH, BI, Ujana, Fortune Point, Nusa villa, Horizon Residence
50. spidey (Malaysian, KL, SG PR) - Bandar Dato Onn

Status
Not open for further replies.