• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fang65

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Fang65,

it is definitely feasible to get a place there and stay. Many forumers have done so and are commuting in and out on a daily basis, some of our forummers also have kids studying in Singapore but do not mind waking up early to travel to Singapore. The place is relatively safe as compared to many parts of Johor and is a good place to retire due to its convenience factor. Setia is quite a trusted developer. For security issues, you need to check, because for different precincts and phases, security level can be different. Some old precincts are not gated, and they only have a few guards at the guard house and anyone can just enter the precinct compound. However some are more guarded and gated and require pass to enter.

You can also consider Nusa Duta and Nusa Bestari as these are also decent developments next to Bukit Indah. Some of the Setia units in Bukit Indah may be located even further away from the commercial areas than Nusa Duta and Nusa Bestari. So do find out more from these 3 developers what units they have and their locations. :smile:

Hey thanks for ya kind reply!

Ok i will look towards these three developments> i might also be going down one of these days to personally to check out the location and accessibility because my parents they do not drive so I hope that the furtherest they have to walk to JUSCO , TESCO area wont be more than like 10 mins. Priority is safety but then again i thk i cant afford places like HH... ahhhahahha...

Thanks again!

ShawnLow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bestari Heights is actually part of the bigger Nusa Bestari which stretches from near Sutera to Bukit Indah. =)

Both Bestari Heights and Nusa Bestari are the same developer --- Khoo Soon Lee (KSL). KSL is targeting to build high end residential area in Bestari heights. The 1st launching now is the Cluster house + 1 row Semi-D. In future they will extend and further build all Semi-D at the behind, i believe the price will increase so much at that time. In between Bestari heights and Nusa Duta there is an empty land which will launch Condo in future~ =)

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
For those who are interested to know more about Medini, here's a good read.

I sent 1 Medini an email this morning asking them about the launch date. Got an immediate but vague response essentially stating that the launch date is not final yet and will be sometime in the next 2 month. I have been hearing this 2 month story for a long time. I am wondering if this is due to problems in executing and getting the resources lined up given there are a lot construction activity already in the region, sucking up resources. Or is it simply because they can get a higher price once more projects are announced. Every 2 to 3 months I read an article with expected pricing going up and up. The first one as I remember mentioned around 300 psf. Few months back it became 380. Latest i read was 450. I also heard that this is a 99 year leasehold.

contra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Both Bestari Heights and Nusa Bestari are the same developer --- Khoo Soon Lee (KSL). KSL is targeting to build high end residential area in Bestari heights. The 1st launching now is the Cluster house + 1 row Semi-D. In future they will extend and further build all Semi-D at the behind, i believe the price will increase so much at that time. In between Bestari heights and Nusa Duta there is an empty land which will launch Condo in future~ =)

Just to clarify current landed in JB under KSL;

Nusa Bestari = Bestari Heights (32x75 at RM700k to 36x75 at RM870k) - as said lastresort, near Bukit Indah

Kempas Heights (32x80 at RM510k) - in Kempas

Bestari Indah - (22x70 and 22x80) nearer Austin/Ulu Tiram

By the way I am not an agent nor do I work for KSL.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I sent 1 Medini an email this morning asking them about the launch date. Got an immediate but vague response essentially stating that the launch date is not final yet and will be sometime in the next 2 month. I have been hearing this 2 month story for a long time. I am wondering if this is due to problems in executing and getting the resources lined up given there are a lot construction activity already in the region, sucking up resources. Or is it simply because they can get a higher price once more projects are announced. Every 2 to 3 months I read an article with expected pricing going up and up. The first one as I remember mentioned around 300 psf. Few months back it became 380. Latest i read was 450. I also heard that this is a 99 year leasehold.

Yes, Medini is 99 years lease hold. Some examples of FreeHold land right outside the '99 years lease-hold prime land Medini' are East Ledang and Puteri Harbour.

contra

Alfrescian
Loyal
finally tried Cheelicious. Good food. Fried Calamari must try.
coffee good
but cranberry cheesecake not to my liking.
I like the shop and relaxed ambience. They also putting up Christmas decor. Nice.

Had fun driving from HH to city on coastal hway.

avelc

Alfrescian
Loyal
For those who are interested to know more about Medini, here's a good read.

Thanks for the article. Here's the standard reply when I emailed them on 1 Medini:

Dear xxx,
I would like to thank you for your interest in 1Medini, the first residential condominium to be launched in the new and exciting investment hub of Asia, Medini, Iskandar Malaysia.*
Set to be the next urban metropolis and strategically located in the centre of the world's most rapidly growing economies, Iskandar Malaysia is poised to attract an exciting influx of global, prominent and premium investments as discerning investors look to benefit from its attractive fiscal incentives and high growth potential.
To date, global names such as Temasek Holdings, Newcastle Medical University, University of Southampton, Traders’ Hotel, Gleneagles hospital, *LEGOLAND Theme Park, Pinewood Studios and the Government of Malaysia have strategic investments in Iskandar Malaysia. And now, you too, can be part of this exciting opportunity!
Located in the vicinity of the new Johor State Government offices, the 6.42 acres 1Medini is virtually in the centre of Iskandar Malaysia Development Region. It has everything that a resident or investor would seek for:
Prime Location.*** Quality Living.**** Natural Environment.**** Modern Lifestyle & Amenities.*** Exclusivity.***
Set in a natural environment, 1Medini commands panoramic views of the new Medini Business Precinct, Education City or EduCity, LEGOLAND Theme Park, the Johor State Government Administrative Centre, Puteri Harbour & Marina Resort and the Straits of Johor and Singapore.
With prime and existing expressway linkages, the thriving city of Johor Bahru, and neighbouring vibrant Singapore are just a mere 10 - 30 minutes drive away.
Combined with modern facilities & amenities, 1Medini delivers a conducive ambience of quality lifestyle creating an idyllic haven to retreat to. Holistic development components of retail elements with comprehensive recreational features, and introduction of landscaped sky gardens creates an idyllic resort retreat amidst the vibrant downtown locality.
Construction works are scheduled to commence soon and completion is timed to coincide with the completion of several ongoing catalyst projects nearby - Bio-XCell, (biotechnology park), the Newcastle Medical University (completed), Marlborough College, Southampton University, Pinewood Studios, LEGOLAND Theme Park and a shopping mall.
This prestigious project is developed jointly by Iskandar Investment Berhad and WCT Berhad. WCT is a public listed Malaysian real estate developer & construction company with global presence in Abu Dhabi, Qatar, Bahrain, India and Vietnam. WCT has 30 years of real estate and construction experience which include the development and building of luxurious resort homes, prime office, retail mall, business hotel, apartment and integrated township. In Abu Dhabi, WCT is the Main Builder of the Yas Marina Circuit, home to the prestigious Abu Dhabi F1 Grand Prix. Other signature projects are the likes of F1 circuits in Bahrain and Malaysia, infrastructure works at Medini, Iskandar, the New Doha International Airport, Qatar, and the integrated complex of the new Low Cost Carrier Terminal, Kuala Lumpur International Airport
We are certain that 1Medini will serve as an exciting option for home owners and astute investors like you who are seeking excellent investment opportunities in the Asia Pacific region and Iskandar Malaysia.
We are in the midst of preparing for the launch of 1Medini and will be keeping you posted on any new development on the project. In the meantime, for more information, you may log on to*
WCT's website
1Medini’s website
You may also like to check-out our video walk-through at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NStBB-xTxN4&feature
Should you need further information please call us at +6072228200
Congratulations on taking your first step towards discovering Medini Living.
Your Idyllic Urban Retreat!

investjb

Alfrescian
Loyal

have the same experience like urs. theres always an 'another 2month' as the launching date

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Just to clarify current landed in JB under KSL;

Nusa Bestari = Bestari Heights (32x75 at RM700k to 36x75 at RM870k) - as said lastresort, near Bukit Indah

Kempas Heights (32x80 at RM510k) - in Kempas

Bestari Indah - (22x70 and 22x80) nearer Austin/Ulu Tiram

By the way I am not an agent nor do I work for KSL.

Thanks for sharing this Contra! :smile:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Welcome Ben138! Congrats.

Hi HH, thanks for sharing, seems the peeing part is always prevalent, even on golf courses. Yes, things are starting to take shape everywhere. Glad that you had fun exploring.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
finally tried Cheelicious. Good food. Fried Calamari must try.
coffee good
but cranberry cheesecake not to my liking.
I like the shop and relaxed ambience. They also putting up Christmas decor. Nice.

Had fun driving from HH to city on coastal hway.

Glad to hear. There is a Thai food place, near Casa Alymyra, from Perling towards Bukit Indah, that direction. They moved from Nusa Bestari area (near Trendy) and their food is pretty nice. Good selection too and best of all, not very full so can find seats easily. Just went for dinner on weekend and then yesterday night. My fav includes their omelette, the chicken with cashew nut and there is a dark, sweet tasting pork dish that i like very much. It reminds me of the baba honey pork dish that i so enjoy (maybe because of the bit of baba blood in us)

lastresort

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, Medini is 99 years lease hold. Some examples of FreeHold land right outside the '99 years lease-hold prime land Medini' are East Ledang and Puteri Harbour.

Looks like nusajaya is gaining a lot of attention from investors, so many new up and coming nice concept developments.

Hey Horizon Hills is not too far from Medini okay! haha but still each has its good and bad, I still love Horizon Hills for it is "One With Nature".

Having so many good developments around makes me feel excited, I want to visit the lifestyle mall in Medini and even 1 Medini has a retail mall, which probably means we can just chill there too! There's still the local supermarkets like Jusco, Tesco, and Giant for budget stuff, but at the same time, we can enjoy fine dining in the upmarket town area, all developments should complement one another. I think sooner or later, Nusajaya will become too expensive a place to live, might need to go out town for meals. But looking at the big picture, there will definitely still be decent affordable housing for many because most locals who earn ringgit still need a decent place to live in.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In the morning I drove from HH to EL side even though the roads are partially closed.. until one part when I exited, damn .. saw this huge construction going on and I swear my heart melted when I saw the half-completed roller coaster! Its just a 3-5 minute drive away from HH for god sake.

Will keep holding onto my HH properties as EL is really not that nearer to Legoland when the coastal highway is fully opened.

Yes I have the same very Bullish feeling about Horizon Hills because of the new Coastal Highway.
Even without Coastal Highway, there is already such good demand from Singaporeans for HH even though one has to travel another 15km from EL to HH via 2nd Link Highway.
With the opening of Coastal Highway, distance shorten to just 4.5km from EL.
In future, everyone traveling to Nusajaya via Coastal Highway will be able to see HH clearly, thus HH has free advertisement perpetually. I strongly believe that the opening of Coastal Highway will bring much more demand for HH's properties in future.

Disclaimer: I'm not working for HH and I don't even have a single unit in HH yet (:smile: Yes I'm hoping to get one hopefully soon)

Last edited:

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Looks like nusajaya is gaining a lot of attention from investors, so many new up and coming nice concept developments.

Hey Horizon Hills is not too far from Medini okay! haha but still each has its good and bad, I still love Horizon Hills for it is "One With Nature".

Having so many good developments around makes me feel excited, I want to visit the lifestyle mall in Medini and even 1 Medini has a retail mall, which probably means we can just chill there too! There's still the local supermarkets like Jusco, Tesco, and Giant for budget stuff, but at the same time, we can enjoy fine dining in the upmarket town area, all developments should complement one another. I think sooner or later, Nusajaya will become too expensive a place to live, might need to go out town for meals. But looking at the big picture, there will definitely still be decent affordable housing for many because most locals who earn ringgit still need a decent place to live in.

Yes bro I like Horizon Hills too, as stated above :smile: With Coastal Highway, HH might just be 1.x km away from the border of Medini :smile:

investjb

Alfrescian
Loyal
List of forummers who have purchased or intend to purchase property in Johor. Hope those guests who are following this thread actively will also create their own account and join 'The List'. (Copy the whole list including this heading. Click 'Reply to Thread'. Paste it in your reply and add your nick to the list.)
# IMPORTANT - For new members, please try to make your first 10 post anywhere else before adding your nick to this list.

1. Wuqi256 - Nusajaya, Wuqi256 sisters, sister bf. Wuqi256's relatives, friends and colleagues - Total 27 bought so far in Nusajaya
2. Investor - Nusajaya
3. Analytical Professor - Kempas
4. Sanur - Leisure farm/polo view
5. Sanur's mum - Leisure Farm/bayou water village
6. Sanur's SIL - Leisure Farm/polo view
7. Jasonjst - Sutera Utama
8. Tansi - Leisure Farm
9. relaxmannn - Nusajaya
10. nusajayaphile - The Hills Precinct, Horizon Hills
11. Mahesh - Leisure Farm/pinggiran bayou
12. East539 - Nusajaya
13. East539's Sis - EL/LF
14. JazJoz - Horizon Hills
15. Lynn - east Ledang
16. TheGolf - HH
17. Grago. - Horizon Hills
18. Arsenal - Horizon Hills
19. Vincentck & Wife - NI
20. mathstub- Horizon Hills
21. ShawnLow - Bestari Heights
22. Skippy - Horizon Hill The Golf
23. LastResort Family - Horizon Hills, The Gateway, The Hills & Fairway Suites
24. Kaeel - Nusa Idaman , Hill side Semi D
25. Lord Aragorn - The Straits View Residences, Permas Jaya
26. cathylmg - Kempas
27. captw - Bukit Indah, Amelia 1
28. mallow - Nusajaya
29. IskandarRocks - East Ledang, Imperia@Puteri Harbour
30. euphony - LF & mt. austin
31. narmi - NI
32. maxpark - Fairway Suites, Indahwalk3
33. Avalon74- Setia Eco Garden
34. Yonglip - Bestari Heights
35. AbuGumGum - Sungai Chat, Johor Bahru
36. 2bFree - HH
37. Aisanbo - Sky Gardens Residences @ Setia Tropika
38. 29ers - LF
39. Weetabix - HH
40. SeriAustinian - Seri Austin, HH South Golf
41. iamapseudoneem - Nusa Idaman
42. Puteri Harbour - Imperia@Puteri Harbour
43. Odyssey - HH-Golf
44. darrkie.y - taman molek
45. Leisure - KIV leisure farm pinggiran bayou, east ledang or 1 medini
46. avelc - Nusajaya
47. linked - East Ledang
48. investjb (malaysian) - Impiana, Ujana, Casa Almyra, Golden sands, horizon residence

maybe it is interesting to know where are you from too instead of what have you bought. i put in mine first.

Status
Not open for further replies.