• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KittyMeow

Alfrescian
Loyal
I know the answer to that. The buyer is a Brit. Met him at the Malborough College open day. His two boys gonna start schooling there so he is moving down to Malaysia. Feels Imperia in Puteri Harbour is the only place in jb that's up to standard.

Bro, I have no idea. Are you interested in a unit there?

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I know the answer to that. The buyer is a Brit. Met him at the Malborough College open day. His two boys gonna start schooling there so he is moving down to Malaysia. Feels Imperia in Puteri Harbour is the only place in jb that's up to standard.

No wonder lah, 1.3 mil British pound for such a big penthouse facing marina is not expensive to a Brit :smile:
Oh btw cannot be leh, Imperia will only be ready in quite a few years from now right? And you said his 2 boys are gonna start schooling :confused:

Last edited:

lastresort

Alfrescian
Loyal
No wonder lah, 1.3 mil British pound for such a big penthouse facing marina is not expensive to a Brit :smile:
Oh btw cannot be leh, Imperia will only be ready in quite a few years from now right? And you said his 2 boys are gonna start schooling :confused:

in the mean time he can rent a place first. =)

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
So can I say that you bought both because other than falling in love with them, you saw both as potential good investments which will see appreciating values over the next few years?

Hi Investor - Yes, of course, I think these are potentially good investments. Otherwise I would not put in a dime. There are times 'love at first sight' has to go one sided. There is definitely a good upside potential, for the reasons discussed earlier by some of us. But, we need to recognize downside risks as well - just like any other investment. This could be driven by several factors - potential economic slowdown, catalytic projects not taking off, lack of acceptance from majority Singaporeans, oversupply, political instability, etc. The important thing for me is - Do I have the appetite to take in the downside risk? For EL and Imperia, the answer is yes.

For the 6MM bungalows, it is a different story. Even if they are of the size of entry level bungalows at EL (which I would doubt and agree with PH), we are talking about 2.5 times the price. The upside potential may be very good, given Puteri Harbour brands itself as a prestigious Waterfront playground of the rich, however, if projects get delayed or canceled, the downside risk is very high as well. The same arguement may hold for Imperia. But we are talking about a 50% premium over other new developments in Nusajaya in return for better quality and breathtaking views. More importantly, a lower quantum of investment. To me personally, the risk is manageable at that level.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
in the mean time he can rent a place first. =)

If I'm not wrong, Imperia will only be ready in 5 years right? Or in 2015?
If he's coming here because his sons are here to study, then I presume he won't be here permanently. By the time Imperia is ready, his sons might have already graduated. :confused:

Last edited:

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hi Investor - Yes, of course, I think these are potentially good investments. Otherwise I would not put in a dime. There are times 'love at first sight' has to go one sided. There is definitely a good upside potential, for the reasons discussed earlier by some of us. But, we need to recognize downside risks as well - just like any other investment. This could be driven by several factors - potential economic slowdown, catalytic projects not taking off, lack of acceptance from majority Singaporeans, oversupply, political instability, etc. The important thing for me is - Do I have the appetite to take in the downside risk? For EL and Imperia, the answer is yes.

For the 6MM bungalows, it is a different story. Even if they are of the size of entry level bungalows at EL (which I would doubt and agree with PH), we are talking about 2.5 times the price. The upside potential may be very good, given Puteri Harbour brands itself as a prestigious Waterfront playground of the rich, however, if projects get delayed or canceled, the downside risk is very high as well. The same arguement may hold for Imperia. But we are talking about a 50% premium over other new developments in Nusajaya in return for better quality and breathtaking views. More importantly, a lower quantum of investment. To me personally, the risk is manageable at that level.

Thanks for sharing your views TheRock... I mean IskandarRocks :smile:

Last edited:

lastresort

Alfrescian
Loyal
If he's coming here because his sons are here to study, then I presume he won't be here permanently. By the time Imperia is ready, his sons might have already graduated. :confused:

I think Marlborough college is a full school for kids, so they can study there for many many years. unlike unis where most people graduate in 3-4 years. =)

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think Marlborough college is a full school for kids, so they can study there for many many years. unlike unis where most people graduate in 3-4 years. =)

Talking about a possible serious crisis ahead. From what I know, many people downgrade to cheaper houses and cars and tighten their belts during a serious crisis. Do you guys think that properties in Iskandar, especially smaller units like terraces in Nusajaya, would see higher demand from Singaporeans when a severe and long crisis hits?

Of course Iskandar will also be hit economically and will receive much lesser foreign investments during a serious crisis, even committed ones will be delayed. But in terms of a more affordable property as compared to Singapore, maybe we'll see more demand from the belt-tighteners from Singapore?

Last edited:

Puteri harbour

Alfrescian
Loyal
Property prices can fall 30% during crisis if everyOne is cash tight. Given that markets is flood with liquidity, any downturn in property market is likely to be limited just like in 2009. The main reason why many are lolling at iskandar is because they are flooded with cash and home price is Singapore is high. The trend just started. Ha ha....
Cheers,
PH

Talking about a possible serious crisis ahead. From what I know, many people downgrade to cheaper houses and cars and tighten their belts during a serious crisis. Do you guys think that properties in Iskandar, especially smaller units like terraces in Nusajaya, would see higher demand from Singaporeans when a severe and long crisis hits?

Of course Iskandar will also be hit economically and will receive much lesser foreign investments during a serious crisis, even committed ones will be delayed. But in terms of smaller and more affordable properties as compared to Singapore, maybe we'll see more demand from the belt-tighteners from Singapore?

KittyMeow

Alfrescian
Loyal
His sons are only 7 & 8 la. Where got graduate so early

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal

There seems to be a lot of interest from the British. My banker mentioned that some have bought at EL Melody Park as well. I read this article a few weeks back. Apologies if it has already been posted.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/...-investors-drawn-to-Malaysian-metropolis.html

BTW, as per S&P agreement, Imperia should be ready in 3 years from September 2011, otherwise they pay @ 10% per annum.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Earlier this year when I told my friend I bought a place in JB, she said "Are you crazy?!"...Recently she suddenly told me she has heard about Iskandar and very keen to visit me next year when my place is ready....I have not done any marketing to her...btw she is a successful property investor in Spore, so slowly and surely more and more people are aware and not as negative in JB as before....

Same here. Recently, a few friends who know that I've invested in Iskandar, told me that more Singaporeans are now hearing and seeing Iskandar in Singapore's news, and that I've made a good investment. One said he'll need me to bring him there when he gets back his money from stocks.

Last edited:

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hi investor,

About those who assume n presume that this side of the Jb is as messy as the lane one side are just normal. I believe many of us experienced that. I always reminds them, those who laugh first, laugh last..

And consider ourselves lucky too that Ledang Heights is the one visible on 2nd Link instead of East Ledang's beautiful houses which are hidden from view. In Ledang Heights presently, there are bungalows being abandoned halfway thru its construction and looks like a run-down place. If it is East Ledang which is facing the 2nd Link, many many who drove on 2nd Link would have been attracted to venture into Nusajaya to find out more.

I'm Not saying that Ledang Heights is a failure, just that it'll take a longer time as land owners are all either waiting for Nusajaya to come alive, waiting for others to start building, or just investing in land without the intention to build.

Last edited:

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I've met Malaysians who stay in Bukit Indah, but have never visited Horizon Hills, East Ledang, Puteri Habour or Leisure Farm. Even many JB people have never visited these new places. :rolleyes:

Yup I have 2 friends, a Singaporean and a Malaysian, who uses the 2nd link almost daily but when I asked whether or not they know about Nusajaya, they said that they have no idea and that there should be nothing there.

Two other friends doing their own biz in JB city are interested in Nusajaya since last year but have yet to visit the place till today.

kennyc

Alfrescian
Loyal
If u r lookinh for japanise food, 二重丸which located at sutera area will nt disapoint u! For crystal crown that place is a rare place nt much ppl kno abt it~surprise bro here been there b4 hehe. Both are considered best jp food in town! (permas二重丸 is better)

hey shawn, thanks for the recommendation. We went to the one at taman sutera, really good and value for money. Will definitely go back again.

kennyc

Alfrescian
Loyal
For those who wan atmosphre for couple, u may try the george and dragon restaurent location at taman tasik. That place is opened by british n the place look classic n high class atmosphre will be superb!~

food is good, but potion is small and price is very steep.

Status
Not open for further replies.