• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

relaxmannn

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just received a call from Imperia-Puteri Habour inviting existing buyer to the dinner this Sunday.
The official launching date is 20-Nov-11, this coming Sunday.
Heard that the price is going to increase 7-14%.

lastresort

Alfrescian
Loyal
Aargh! Thot of introducing my Ipoh sis-in-law to u...stil in Form 6 (can KIV 1st). Since me n wifey shifting to JB in future, dun think she will mind relocating too. However, regarding the cooking part...(scratch head). Mayb get my mom-in-law n wife to put her through "Hell's Kitchen" 1st...Hahaha!!! Catch up soon...

Then next time we become relatives ah. Yeah catch up soon! :smile:

lastresort

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Odyssey,

Welcome! The contract has been finally sealed?

Actually for the longest time I could not explain the 'feel' of Horizon Hills. I just left it at 'chi'.
Then just a few months back, I realised what that x-factor is that gave the 'feel'.

It is the respect for the natural topography of the land by the developer. They preserved it when all others would have cut down all the trees and flattened the land; as it is much easier to construct on flat bare land. This is a kind of 'chi' for me.

You are right, at the time I could get a semi-d in ND for similar price than HH Hills terrace. But decided to go for latter. (There are other factors in decision making like the Chinese and International Schools in HH that can help preserve resale values and I also would like to golf when got more time in retirement). I am looking fwd to it very much. Lucky you for being there already.

I cannot agree more! It was love at first sight for us and we could not sleep that night when we first visited the place. I still can remember the first time I step out of the car outside the club house looking over the HORIZON. It was simply breadth taking.

Just met a KL taikor in JB for breakfast. He said he had heard about HH and so he came to check it out. He was very surprised JB got such an upmarket development similar to Desa Park City. I feel so humbled by his remarks because he compares it to Desa Park. :biggrin:

yonglip

Alfrescian
Loyal
Then I drove to the car-wash at the covered car park at Giant. The car wash there charged me RM12. A bit high I think, because in johor city, it cost me about 8-10 Ringgit only.

Din know that side wash so ex?!...I dont think thats their usual rate..Is it cos your car is muddy and/or big, more ex..

lastresort

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks Xiao Di and Sista... I'll keep in mind of your kind encouragements.... thank you...

Oh Wow Xiao Di if got good news remember to invite us to your big day. I'm sure u made a good partner and able to head the house wisely.
I better start saving up for your ang bao hee hee...

OMG, I am trying hard to imagine a table with the sign 'SAMMYBOY FORUMERS" ....it may attract more attention than the bride and bridegroom !

whoah Da Jie and Bro, just a random thought only! don't think too far lol. :smile:

lastresort

Alfrescian
Loyal
Aiyo Jason

U just missed one at leisure farm last Sunday, they still have buffet, games n invites marlbough college for talks. Will drive u round n guarantee sales will not pester u. Next time have I pm u lo

very nice of leisure farm to organise these events and activities! feel like a big, lively community =) I think Marlborough definitely needs to attract LF people.

lastresort

Alfrescian
Loyal
First post here, so just to say hi! to all!

This is a very informative thread. Thanks to all the people here. My fiancee and I were looking at Penang properties since she is from there. But prices have been rocketing. Been reading this thread for quite a while though this is my first post. Will be making a trip down soon to check out the properties there.

Hi Vincent77,

a warm welcome to you, feel free to ask any questions you have regarding living in JB. Do keep us posted on your trip as well. =)

lastresort

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just received a call from Imperia-Puteri Habour inviting existing buyer to the dinner this Sunday.

Thanks bro, can we attend the launch? Do keep us posted on the new pricing as well.

Puteri harbour

Alfrescian
Loyal
Miss out on the appreciation night due to a friend's wedding dinner. Have to miss it again this round again due to another wedding dinner.. A bit disappointed...... Those who will be there, please help me to take a picture of the sales table with the green and red stickers as we check the price for 2508sqft unit for high floor.

Many thanks in advance,
PH

lastresort

Alfrescian
Loyal
Was at Thistle hotel for breakfast, saw at least 50 ang mohs there. Was told by the taxi driver driving us to Senai airport that these VIPs are coming for the Iskandar Open. Felt like it wasn't in JB.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am curious about the status of Sporeans living in JB.

If you are a teenager do you have to post a bond to live in JB?
If you are a male & there is a reservist recall are you expected to return to Spore & report in?
When there is an election. do you get a chance to vote?

Sure got chance to vote, remember Wuqi posted about coming back to SG to vote. Sporeans in JB are just tourists and investors, sure can vote. :smile:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Odyssey,

Welcome! The contract has been finally sealed?

Actually for the longest time I could not explain the 'feel' of Horizon Hills. I just left it at 'chi'.
Then just a few months back, I realised what that x-factor is that gave the 'feel'.

It is the respect for the natural topography of the land by the developer. They preserved it when all others would have cut down all the trees and flattened the land; as it is much easier to construct on flat bare land. This is a kind of 'chi' for me.

You are right, at the time I could get a semi-d in ND for similar price than HH Hills terrace. But decided to go for latter. (There are other factors in decision making like the Chinese and International Schools in HH that can help preserve resale values and I also would like to golf when got more time in retirement). I am looking fwd to it very much. Lucky you for being there already.

Hmm terrace and semi d different types of houses leh, can't really compare...just like some people prefer to buy sedan becos bigger boot, some people prefer hatchback becos more stylish...

tutucake

Alfrescian
Loyal
hey tutucake.... u can consider getting a malaysia car and a malaysian driver tat can fetch ur parents in and out to sin... MY car and drivers are quite
reasonability priced... another alternative...

Get a malaysian driver? Full time? I dun understand.... isnt getting taxi a cheaper option? cos malaysia car go out of singapore need to pay the $20 toll...

Sanur

Alfrescian
Loyal
Get a malaysian driver? Full time? I dun understand.... isnt getting taxi a cheaper option? cos malaysia car go out of singapore need to pay the $20 toll...

Agree tutucake,

But nothing beats the convenient of own transport. 20 for whole day, whereas taxi, only one drop off. Correct me if I am wrong

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hi bro Investor,

Has been a bit crazy these days at work with the volatile economic environment and the budget period in corporate-land. Decided to take a break in JB to escape the madness & to get to know the different areas of JB a bit more intimately. It did me a whole lot of good (but not so for my waist :smile:.

My weekend in JB;

I dropped by JB last weekend to visit the Persada Home Fair. Only one floor and not as many vendors as I was expecting. So next time must go for the big one in October. Anyway was good to see the vendors to set my own expectations on what to expect to buy, vendor contacts & brochures and prices as well, in prep for my house next year.

Stayed the weekend in Mutiara Hotel in Taman Abad (Century) near KSL. I enjoyed Mutiara more than Thistle. Got a good deal in Agoda which has two double beds and breakfast for MYR240 only. Mutiara is in the middle of all the bustle . Prefer this area to the city centre. Seems to be the 'in' hotel in town with its Saturday weddings & high tea and Sunday brunches. By the way I have never seen so many car wash concentrated in one place and only MYR8!.

The Japanese restaurant in Crystal Crown nearby is the best & authentic. Clientele mainly Japanese - did not realise there are so many of them working and staying in JB.

(Hi bro lastresort,
you should visit this restaurant for the waitresses all around your age, ....er, I mean the reasonable-priced good food :smile:

Before I went to JB, I did some research and planned to eat at Cheelicous (that sis Skippy was referring to) and also Giani Tratorria (also on the following website). http://gowhere.woohoo.com.my/1700/cheelicious/

Unfortunately I ran out of stomach space because on Sunday I went to Jusco Tebrau. I love the Jusco layout (same as Bukit Indah) and shop tennants mix than KSL.

So if anyone can give a food review on the Cheelicous and Gianni Trat or others, pls let us know.

In the meantime thanks to the stronger SGD, the meals tasted a whole lot nicer and fresher (as the ingredients & air always are indeed in JB, vs Spore).

Hey Contra,

Thanks for your recommendation of the Japanese restaurant in Crystal Crown Hotel and mentioning that they're main customers are Japanese as that is certainly a good endorsement on their food taste and quality. Will definitely try it next time.

Hi Contra,

can do u have the japanese restaurant name and its address?? my wife loves good japanese food and would like to give her a surprise this weekend....its our 10yr wedding anniversary.....

We tried Gianni before, really good food for reasonable prices. Went once with our neighbours in LF, everyone enjoyed the meal... went there 2nd time with my in laws and other families, all gave good comments for the quality, quantity and prices. Definitely a must try.

Another place u shld try is this French restaurant Chez Papa, (38 and 40 Jalan Jaya, Taman Maju Jaya, 80400 Johor Bahru (3 minutes from Plaza Pelangi). abit costlier than but still better than SG price, and food is good.

Thank you Kenny for your review of Gianni plus the other recommendation.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Good news for the EL residents! Found out one zhi chao stall at gelang patah coffeeshop, they do home delivery to EL, just need to pay $2 surcharge. The stall is Kim Tiong food court. Delivery hot line: 017-7494086 or 013-7251463.

HUH? Do you mean the delivery guy is allowed to enter EL for delivery up to door step? If that's the case, it seems more like bad news because security of EL will slowly become weak and relaxed. I hope the delivery guy can only deliver up to guardhouse.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ok, my kaypo wifey called LTA and got some confirmation from the officer.

There is no issue for a malaysian driving a malaysia registered car going in and out of Singappore on a daily basis. In fact the officer said this is quite normal, nothing special about it.

Only thing is that every foreign registered car are given 10 free VEP passes every year, once you used up all your 10 free passes, you will have to pay for the vEP pass at S$20 per day.

Hope this will help those bro and sis looking of an alternative way to ferry their kids to school or bring their parents out to visit friends in SG.

I was also suspecting that there's no limit on the number of times a Malaysian can visit Singapore as a tourist on social visit pass. Vice versa, you guys staying in Johor are also entering Johor under social visit pass on a daily basis mah. But I can't comment as I'm not 100% sure about it anyway.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My first post here.. hi! to all..

Been reading this thread and just registered.. my fiancee and I were looking at properties in Penang but prices have been skyrocketing.. will make a trip down with her to JB to look at the properties there. Hope we can find something we like!

You really should :smile: You'll be surprised.

P.S I am Not a property agent too :wink: (repeating after Cathylmg :biggrin:)
Nor am I working for IRDA.
Nor am I working for Mr Khaw (if you know what I mean hahahaha :biggrin:)
Nor am I a crook luring and waiting to rob you after CIQ.
Nor am I the boss of a Malaysian reno company.

Maybe I should use the above as my signature lah :biggrin:

Last edited:

Sanur

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do they(the Gurkha guards) allow the delivery guy to deliver up to your doorstep?

Hi investor,

Not sure as have not tried out. But for other type of delivery, they can only use delivery gate, exchange contractor pass n the guide escott them into yr precinct n to your door. Maybe next time I try them out n let u know. Or probably, they are not aware of the restriction.

Status
Not open for further replies.