• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jogs1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, neighbors please share home delivery contact here, great to know more such services to our estate. Cheers!

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
But buying resale have to absorb a lot of legal fees which add up could be quite expensive.

You must also consider the fact that some owners really took pride in their house and so you do not need to come out with more money to renovate your house. You can get the documents done and get you keys and rent out the house within a short span of time instead of having to wait and wait for your house to be built. From the time you pay your deposits, to the time developers hand over your keys, and then to the time you fully renovated your house. And finally get a tenant to move into your house. This period of time, if you were to get a resale unit and rent it out, the rent you have collected, should have been more then enough to cover the legal fees. Another things is 'what you get is what you see'. You choose the place you like, according to your preference, taste and appetite. Because of this, no worries of fengshui and things like that. :smile:

P.S. : I am not a property agent. :wink:

checkers

Alfrescian
Loyal
You must also consider the fact that some owners really took pride in their house and so you do not need to come out with more money to renovate your house. You can get the documents done and get you keys and rent out the house within a short span of time instead of having to wait and wait for your house to be built. From the time you pay your deposits, to the time developers hand over your keys, and then to the time you fully renovated your house. And finally get a tenant to move into your house. This period of time, if you were to get a resale unit and rent it out, the rent you have collected, should have been more then enough to cover the legal fees. Another things is 'what you get is what you see'. You choose the place you like, according to your preference, taste and appetite. Because of this, no worries of fengshui and things like that. :smile:

Not everyone is buying to rent lah....also renovation is individual taste (even if it is expensive) ... some people don't like to stay in 'old' houses ...
But I agree with you about the - "what u see is what u get' ; so purchase will not be based on some showflats - which are deceivingly spacious ; as most come without doors and the walls are knocked down

For that, kudos must be given to those developers which has the original house beside the 'upgraded' showhouse ...then you will see the big difference.

abugumgum

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thank you kennyc and Mrs for the info.

Can have one more option to think about. :o

ok, my kaypo wifey called LTA and got some confirmation from the officer.

There is no issue for a malaysian driving a malaysia registered car going in and out of Singappore on a daily basis. In fact the officer said this is quite normal, nothing special about it.

Only thing is that every foreign registered car are given 10 free VEP passes every year, once you used up all your 10 free passes, you will have to pay for the vEP pass at S$20 per day.

Hope this will help those bro and sis looking of an alternative way to ferry their kids to school or bring their parents out to visit friends in SG.

abugumgum

Alfrescian
Loyal
The asking price probably already priced in all the RM spent on doing up the house.

Save time and WYSIWYG is the real difference.

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yah that's also why it's mostly the poorer people from poorer countries who are more filial than those from developed countries.
It's sad that as our world is progressing economically, we're experiencing a regression in human values and social ethic.

I better teach my future children to just be contented, live simply, ask for less, give more, cherish family etc instead of pressuring them to be competitive from young with Cambridge English tuition, some increase intelligence course, Piano, Ballet, Math tuition, nian nian kao di yi (year year no. one in class) :eek:
But to achieve that, I think I have to start teaching myself to be contented first :p

No. Don't teach them to be no.1. But teach them how to become financially independent early in life. Then go on to lead a charitable life. Do sometime to help people. The altimate aim of becoming fincially independent is to be able to do what they want without having to worry financially.

My sis gave up her career early in life to serve her church. No matter how I stress about money, she wouldn't listen. Now still don't listen. Now she has 2 children. Always no money. Always tells me tales about how in times of need, people automatically gave her money. The thing with living like that is, instead of helping people, she is going to be the one needing help in the end.

So be generous, be charitable, be helpful. But in the course of that, being financially independent gives you the ability to fulfill it without worries.

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yes fully agree . If the reno is nice and good condition it is really worth it . Sometime owners put in as much as 200K worth of reno. I wont mind buying from resale if I come across something that is worth it lor .

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Jasonjst

I thought u r msian ? that y can buy shop in jb ....

No lah , I buy under my brother's wife name who is a malaysian . For Singaporean , you can buy 3 storey shophouse , no issue . Actually wanted to buy a 3 storey shophouse , but prices run away and is pricey above 1.8M for prime location . Might be risky venture .

Last edited:

Sanur

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, neighbors please share home delivery contact here, great to know more such services to our estate. Cheers!

Dominos pizza 1300 888333
Mac Donalds 130013100

For pizza why not buy from supermarket, this frozen ones, they pop them into oven, faster than delivery

kennyc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes fully agree . If the reno is nice and good condition it is really worth it . Sometime owners put in as much as 200K worth of reno. I wont mind buying from resale if I come across something that is worth it lor .

the good thing abt buying fully and nicely renovated house so that you do not need to go through the blood vomitting experiences with the different different contractor...... of coz not everyone will be bad... but the bad one can really drive u nuts..

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal

Then also can't get reno loan in JB mah. So if priceed into sales price also good, treat it as renovation loan lor. Don't have to come up with money to renovate the house too.

29ers

Alfrescian
Loyal
no. Don't teach them to be no.1. But teach them how to become financially independent early in life. Then go on to lead a charitable life. Do sometime to help people. The altimate aim of becoming fincially independent is to be able to do what they want without having to worry financially.

My sis gave up her career early in life to serve her church. No matter how i stress about money, she wouldn't listen. Now still don't listen. Now she has 2 children. Always no money. Always tells me tales about how in times of need, people automatically gave her money. The thing with living like that is, instead of helping people, she is going to be the one needing help in the end.

So be generous, be charitable, be helpful. But in the course of that, being financially independent gives you the ability to fulfill it without worries.

well said,like.

29ers

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dominos pizza 1300 888333
Mac Donalds 130013100

For pizza why not buy from supermarket, this frozen ones, they pop them into oven, faster than delivery

Do McDonald and Dominos deliver to LF?

Cheers from another LF resident.

Skippy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Skippy sis, didnt know you had such a hard time during your childhood days. You're definitely more filial than most people I know, I am sure many people feel touched by what you've done and your thoughts, your father definitely has done well in raising such a good daughter. Family bonding is something we cannot buy. People nowadays are getting more materialistic and they forget the most important things in life cannot be valued by money, this forum group really attracts a lot of nice hearted people. I believe people who have the intention to live in JB see things differently from other Singaporeans. Hope your father will get well soon and so he can enjoy living with you in your new home.

Be Strong! If you can go through this, everything else would be ok. :biggrin:

Hi skippy sister, yeah you're right. Thanks for the recommendation on the cheese cake shop, will visit if i'm in the vicinity...i love cheese cakes! Sorry to hear about your father sickness, take care sis!

Thanks Xiao Di and Sista... I'll keep in mind of your kind encouragements.... thank you...

Oh Wow Xiao Di if got good news remember to invite us to your big day. I'm sure u made a good partner and able to head the house wisely.
I better start saving up for your ang bao hee hee...

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Was having breakfast in a coffee shop in Tampines. After finishing, my hubby went to the loo while I wait at the table. One kopi soh came to collect all the finished glasses and plate. Another kopi soh came and talk to me.

Finished already?
yah. (Smile)
还不走? 还在看电视?
!!!!!???!!! (Smile)

I hate this! I really hate this! I really really hate being chased away like that! Its like you better gobble up all your food and leave. This kind of thing only happen to me in congested Singapore. Sign! What to do? :(

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks Xiao Di and Sista... I'll keep in mind of your kind encouragements.... thank you...

Oh Wow Xiao Di if got good news remember to invite us to your big day. I'm sure u made a good partner and able to head the house wisely.
I better start saving up for your ang bao hee hee...

OMG, I am trying hard to imagine a table with the sign 'SAMMYBOY FORUMERS" ....it may attract more attention than the bride and bridegroom !

29ers

Alfrescian
Loyal
the good thing abt buying fully and nicely renovated house so that you do not need to go through the blood vomitting experiences with the different different contractor...... of coz not everyone will be bad... but the bad one can really drive u nuts..

Drive you NUTS, worse still, they run of with your deposit.

I have came across many contractors, a lot of them are freelancing. Please take note when giving them money, my first contractor ran of with my deposit. When i appointed my 2nd contractor, i was a little more prepared, took photocopies of his IC, jotted down his car plate no...etc. Guess what, did a check on his company in the Malaysia = of ACRA, his company was already closed down. Luckily for me, he did not run of with my money and after a bit of hassle, my house was handed over with 2 weeks delay.

Cheers

Sanur

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do McDonald and Dominos deliver to LF?

Cheers from another LF resident.

Hi

Was given a long lists of services etc etc by the management when I took over the house more than a year ago. So it's not updated. But no harm trying

Status
Not open for further replies.