• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

abugumgum

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks Shawn, v. informative.

For cinema,among cathay,mbo,tgv,gsc,i would suggest tebrau city tgv and 2nd pelangi leisure mall giant gsc.

Y not ksl mbo? Centralise aircorn=cold, pure screen 2.0 sound effect don have surround effect. Seats are tight though.

Y not citysquare cathay? Tight seats,bad pokcorn,smelly seats. Cheaper bt parking fee cost u alot.

Y tgv? Good seat arrangement,good sound effect,good pokcorn too.bt tickrt pricy while parking is onli 1 dollar.

Y gsc? Best pokcorn, big seats and sound. Less ppl go meaning more ticket available,parking 1 dollar n ticket is the cheapest among all

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
The price is reasonable unless u go for live fish(?)and live prawn( 12 rm per 100g if i remember correctly). Their weekday simple lunch is cheap. I like their service and the restaurant is quiet.

There is one zhi char stall at one of the coffee shops opposite nanyang kopitiam at sutera side - that one is cheap. I remembered we paid 105 rm for a group of 7 adults and we ordered steamed fish and butter prawns etc. It was a satisfying meal - good food and good company :smile:

Of course, one is airconditioned and comes with svc charge and the other doesn't.

thks... surely will try them out soon.

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.homeguru.com.my/property-listing/the-golf-horizon-hills-for-sale-384956

I nearly fell off my chair in my office when I read this. A semis in the Golf asking for RM 1.6M. Totally bare. And somemore even though its "facing" the golf course, the bushes make sure you see them first before u see anything on the golf course. I wonder how will the actual GOLF-COURSE-FACING semis will be selling when they TOP end of next year. Dont think anyone will want to sell for RM 1.6M now since semis around there with lesser golf views were launched for RM 1.6m-RM 1.8M for corners.

Woos ... we have a debt crisis in Eu , here we have a price crisis in HH ...

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I used to packet my dinner in New Cathay. One thing is that sometimes over the weekends they have weddings and thus if u are expecting personalised service, you can forget it as their attention is on the wedding next door.

The feeling of sitting there like an idiot to wait for your food while the waiters are walking around is like the same feeling I had in any Singapore coffeeshop. Heard the boss talk like a big fuck. See the amount of photos he took with Singapore " ministers" all hung outside and u know what kind of person he is. Also heard that when u want to book the place for dinners and even put down deposit, after 1 month he can call u up to say its being cancelled because "royalty" or "big-shot civil servants" have booked the date for their function. Its one of the most fuck-up service resturant in JB and I swear never to patronise them ever again

Empathise with you. a hungry man is an angry man :smile: Chill... suggest you go Chef Wah (beside Habib) ... i ta pow dinner once there. Service was prompt and the waitress even served me tea(free) while I waited. The food there is a little too salty for my liking - just tell them how you want them cooked in the way you like it.

I was there at Chef Wah recently. I must say I bring good business to them. Reached at 6pm its all empty. I tot oh mine this place is closing down. Ordered my food with a friend and when our food arrived, the whole place was 80% packed all of a sudden. The service is prompt, staff attitude is good. Much better than New Cathay.

Thanks for sharing. May I know where is this Chef Wah and Habib restaurant? Many of you use Habib as a landmark so I guess it can be easily spotted while travelling on a main road, but I don't even know which road to travel on in order to spot Habib :biggrin:

Last edited:

2bFree

Alfrescian
Loyal
Asking price does not equate to actual transacted price I guess. I see quite a fair bit of properties in LF and HH for sale for the longest time at these elevated pricing but they are still available till date.

I hope Singaporeans are not creating/nurturing a property bubble here in JB.

http://www.homeguru.com.my/property-listing/the-golf-horizon-hills-for-sale-384956

I nearly fell off my chair in my office when I read this. A semis in the Golf asking for RM 1.6M. Totally bare. And somemore even though its "facing" the golf course, the bushes make sure you see them first before u see anything on the golf course. I wonder how will the actual GOLF-COURSE-FACING semis will be selling when they TOP end of next year. Dont think anyone will want to sell for RM 1.6M now since semis around there with lesser golf views were launched for RM 1.6m-RM 1.8M for corners.

Last edited:

2bFree

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's on the opposite side of the road from Station One Cafe, just beside the turn in into Nusa Duta :smile:

Thanks for sharing. May I know where is this Chef Wah and Habib restaurant? Many of you use Habib as a landmark so I guess it can be easily spotted while travelling on a main road, but I don't even know which road to travel on in order to spot Habib.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's on the opposite side of the road from Station One Cafe, just beside the turn in into Nusa Duta :smile:

Hi 2bFree,
Thank you for your reply. So Habib is along Jalan Persisiran Perling 2? While driving towards Perling, we'll see Habib after passing by Giant on the left?

Last edited:

kennyc

Alfrescian
Loyal
For cinema,among cathay,mbo,tgv,gsc,i would suggest tebrau city tgv and 2nd pelangi leisure mall giant gsc.

Y not ksl mbo? Centralise aircorn=cold, pure screen 2.0 sound effect don have surround effect. Seats are tight though.

Y not citysquare cathay? Tight seats,bad pokcorn,smelly seats. Cheaper bt parking fee cost u alot.

Y tgv? Good seat arrangement,good sound effect,good pokcorn too.bt tickrt pricy while parking is onli 1 dollar.

Y gsc? Best pokcorn, big seats and sound. Less ppl go meaning more ticket available,parking 1 dollar n ticket is the cheapest among all
Look like the new tgv at bukit indah will be as good.

kennyc

Alfrescian
Loyal
there is a sign board indicating the direction of SM there. That nursery sells good fruits - a little pricey but fresh and sweet , especially the coconuts.
for those who like flowers , try the nursery at pekan nanas, it cheaper and some have better variety . There is one shop there that sells alot of frangie penny

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal
My'Sians, can take out all CPF money when they retire. can we? sgp'eans?
Welcome to the forum, Kenny. I wonder the retirement age for Msians to take out all the CPF, will it follow SG or MY retirement age? High chance it will be SG's retirement age of 62, right?

Can provide me some details of CHL movers?
how much and contact details?

Thanks
When are you planning to move your stuff? Here are 3 contacts for you...

1. Local mover quoting S$500+ for 10 feet lorry and abt S$700+ for 14 feet lorry,both with 04Xmanpower moving to Horizon Hills. http://chlhousemovers.com/eng.html

2. http://tongcarriage.com/index.html

3. Tag team movers, Patrick +65 9329 7171. He does cross border moves in partnership w msian agent.. Can discuss type.. Reasonable pricing.. Includes customs tax in price. Definitely not like kc dat but still professional in the sense that got black and white but somewhat flexible too within reasonable limits. Nice guy

Hi Vincent

I do understand that yr development for contractors too n were some fighting for same pie, for that it might b difficult for outside contractor to penetrate.
Yes, I did read about it in other forums... seems some contractors were paying gangsters to bully other contractors so that they could monopolize the projects. Hopefully there won't be such problems when my house is ready.

2bFree

Alfrescian
Loyal
Correct, after passing by Giant on your left, turn in off the main road and continue along the small road facing the row of shophouses and look out on the left. Chef Wah is at the end of the shophouses.

Hi 2bFree,
Thank you for your reply. So Habib is along Jalan Persisiran Perling 2? While driving towards Perling, we'll see Habib after passing by Giant on the left?

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Correct, after passing by Giant on your left, turn in off the main road and continue along the small road facing the row of shophouses and look out on the left. Chef Wah is at the end of the shophouses.

Thanks a lot 2bFree, now I know where it is. Will try their seafood next time :biggrin:

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Asking price does not equate to actual transacted price I guess. I see quite a fair bit of properties in LF and HH for sale for the longest time at these elevated pricing but they are still available till date.

I hope Singaporeans are not creating/nurturing a property bubble here in JB.

haha , surely but slowly bubble will form one ... nothing much we can do one ..

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal
Life was peaceful ever since I had no neighbours until recently no 78 employ a contractor who has no respect for rules and people property. They exploited the weakness and slackness of the security guards. Security guard no longer patrols Horizon Hill gateway as consistent within schedule time. Previously when the Botak Manager of Security is here any renovation has to be cut off by 5pm if flout the rules their men and head would be refrain from entering gateway without a warning at their HQ. Now all is lost.

They trespass my kitchen garden without proper permission.
They hoist my the other neighbor water hose right across my car poach and into their work area.
And now they boldly push the limits of the security guards eyes by working beyond 6pm. The last I heard before I left for dinner which was 8pm they are still at it. Drilling cabinets.
No one rush them out. No one monitor them after the working time.

How can we ensure that this does not happen to you? How can we let the head of security knows his boys are not doing his job. That they fire the one man that gave peace and assurance to the once safe and peaceful gateway.

I need help on how we can give the committee a warning on their boys. How can we not be a victim of complacent so that we will not have our first ever break in.

Please help Wuqi.
Ps I know I am not in my hometown. I should be wary not to create enemies but what if my children get hurt.
hi danteakc, sorry to hear about your situation. Do share with us when you are able to resolve this issue. My rented place in HH is next to an empty house, dunno if anybody will move in in the next 2 years when I'm still staying there. Would really hate to face your kind of situation. Thanks.

How??? You gotta count asset minus liability.. only your self pass this criteria :biggrin:
heheh... teasing Sanur... From what I learned from my investment guru, the house that we stay in is also considered as a liability because we need to pay for it. When it is fully paid off, then it can be considered an asset. Another way to look at asset is whether it makes money for you or not.

Thanks for you view Bluereff!

My opinion - lets not talk about long term as most of us believe that the fundamentals are strong.

In the shorter, 2-3 year timeframe, my personal view is that that rental prospects should be quite good for developments like Imperia, EL, Impiana, etc. We have already talked about some of the driving factors in Nusajaya itself, such as, Students and Professors at Educity, Legoland Executives, Pinewood Iskandar and the Media Industry ecosystem that they are trying to build along. All of these developments are planned to be completed in the next 1-2 years.
I don't mean to "pour cold water", but in terms of looking for rental from students, the demand might not be strong because of the boarding hostels available within Educity. And it is usually the student pool that will drive rental prices because the parents will be willing to pay good money for their children to live comfortably and focus on their studies. E.g. in SS15 Subang Jaya, there are 4 colleges in that area and house owners actually rent out rooms on a per head basis. Each person is RM350, so if 8 persons stay in a double-storey house, the total rental is RM2800.

As for the working adults, professors and executives, the demand will depend on whether those projects take off, and we'll know in the next 2 years (2013). Having said that, there's high chance that the rental won't be able to cover the installments for places like Imperia or EL because the purchase price was very high and supply could be more than demand. As we know, most execs just want a place to stay/rest/etc. A small % will be willing to pay for small luxuries, so that means they wouldn't want to pay for a high rental. Just my thoughts... I could be wrong. TGIF!

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks... I think I better keep to my Japanese car when I drive in. Do not want to put my family at risk...
Cheers,
PH

i drive a conti too. very small perhaps rarer than usual hoping that will escape the muggers radar. i take all precautions too. all the time. 2yrs plus without incidence i hope many more to come.

Myvi is too small in size leh. Might kanna force to a stop by thugs. Better drive a cheap yet muscular ride.
Hi bros, do any of you use a steering lock? I'm thinking of getting one, but I'm not sure whether SG customs will stop me if I drive into SG with a certain steering lock. Any advice on this issue? Much appreciated.

1) Simple food : can try craypot rice at Old Place , behind Habbis Roti Prata ( Habbis Roti itself is nice too -24hrs )
2) Tang Shi Fu - Masters in herbal soup , stew pork ... at Sutera Mall
3) Tim Sum at Chow Yuen , along Bestari just opposite Best Mart
4) Seafood at Orang Asli village , after languna golf course.
0r seafoods behind the Station 1 if you dont wish to drive so far.
5) Sutera Mall got quite a number of shophouse you should try one by one , starting with the Japanese , Korea , Taiwanese , Malacca chicken rice ( no need to go malacca liao )
6) Tun Aminah Area - got one very nice Bak Kuk Teh / Fish Head Curry
same row got one XO roast meat / duck - will update address here cant remember address even though I go so often.
7) Once a while you can try those so so food at Old Town / Ah Koon along bestari
8) Oh yes , even Subway sandwhich is now available at Sutera Mall .
9) You can also try Taste Buds , operate by real Ang Moh boss , quite high std . price was real cheap last time , but not anymore , sad.
10) You should also try Five Star chicken rice along bestari , probably the cheapest kampong chicken rice in JB ! But quality is very good.
11) Korea food : Bestari along RHB bank , this one is good if you love Korea food , operate by the real Korean family .
12) More to come ... haha ... you wont run out of idea eating in JB lah!

Oh yes , good and cheap breakfast is harder to find lah , those ppls open very late.
But if you try Sutera Mall , quite a number of shop now open as early at 8am. Can have breakfast set with toast , eggs , coffee .@Ah Hong, very std one. Something more heavy can go for Pontian Wanton Noodles , Nasi lemak . Take your time finish your b/f and zoom down to 2nd link , reach office around 10.30 am ,tell boss you meet a client at JB for b/f, but dont do it everyday , otherwise y get fired, haha .

On the side note : Got a shophouse at Bestari Height , same row as the RHB bank , need to go for rental at 2.8K ground flr and 1.2K 1st flr , please help to hunt for tentants if you got friend wanting to start a biz . Many thanks .
Good idea if you can use 1st flr as a SOHO , save you rental to stay in a apartment.
Wow, that's a long list Jason... looks like it's gonna take me a few months to visit these eateries. What about the steamboat place next to the "famous" money changer recommended by bro wuqi? Only need to pay RM22.90 for buffet steamboat with 2-3 soups and meat, seafood, vege, drinks, ice-cream, etc. Also on the same road, I ate before the asam laksa, yam cake and cendol served by a mobile stall; the kind that operates out of a small truck.

checkers

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi 2bFree,

Yup...after Giant...look out for RHB ....then Habib and Chef Wah ....with the Nusa Duta signboard in front. You won't miss it .

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal
I want my kid to have a place where he can play hide and seek, police and thief, running around, catch spiders, logang fish, marbles and staying away from computer.. but kid find that boring.. ha ha.... maybe I want to do that myself...

Yes, me too!! It's like living our missed childhood dreams! Always wanted a tree house with flying fox. At least we get to do these at our place!!

I guess I must be the last generation of Singaporean to enjoy such wonderful kampong life... Lucky me..
I guess all of us still have a strong inner child... hahaha... that's why my garden shall have a mango tree so that I can build a tree house for my kids (and I) next time.

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
I guess all of us still have a strong inner child... hahaha... that's why my garden shall have a mango tree so that I can build a tree house for my kids (and I) next time.

By the time Mango grow tall , your kids may be teenage liao , haha .
Actually I realised that Chiku tree seem a better idea , can grow a lot of fruits and quite a short tree . I see one small little tree with so many Chiku fruits planted by the neighbor, amazing !

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.