• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Atrocious = 10/100
ATROCIOUS = 1/100
So lousy meh? I thought I was wicked enough to rate 50/100 :wink:

I am a bit extreme :smile:
But definitely Beijing restaurant is a place i would not recommend. The Korean restaurant at the shops nearby is quite ok. I don't seem to find anything really pleasing... although i eat at "gu zao ren" occasionally. I am a fan for Thai food... my TOP recommendation is Soul Thai restaurant where the massage place is. Try the fried garlic fish... yummy

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am a bit extreme :smile:
But definitely Beijing restaurant is a place i would not recommend. The Korean restaurant at the shops nearby is quite ok. I don't seem to find anything really pleasing... although i eat at "gu zao ren" occasionally. I am a fan for Thai food... my TOP recommendation is Soul Thai restaurant where the massage place is. Try the fried garlic fish... yummy

If you like Thai food, there's one authentic one(the chef is a Thai lady) at Tun Aminah's hawker centre. My last visit was like 10 years ago though :biggrin: Dunno whether or not she's still there? Maybe Jason would know.

By the way what's the location of Gu Zhao Ren?

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
OK this one I agree , best hypermart = Jusco , Tesco , Carrefour , Giant , which ever order is not really that important lah . Just hope they all stay and do well to serve the locals comittee too.
I think our expectation is getting higher and higher . To me all of them are quite good already, and most probably get better when spending power of the locals increase in the future . I even find low class Best Mart / Kip Mart a shopping joy , even though that place look like pasar malam .

I am getting pissed at Jusco's ever increasing chicken price, from RM5.90 per kg to RM8.90 !!!
Bestmart is still a good place despite all these malls. You can find almost any household item you want there + DVDs hehe + full day wet market. Don't forget to visit our friend's Thai cooked food stall

rogersk8ter

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are all right. infact i see the positive side years ago.

Im sure everyone here will greatly benefit from ur investments.

btw, saw some ads in Bt. Indah inter selling 350K+. sgian can buy?
i hear there is a way to work around the 500k requirement?

anyone got answer maybe can pm....haha.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you like Thai food, there's one authentic one(the chef is a Thai lady) at Tun Aminah's hawker centre. My last visit was like 10 years ago though :biggrin: Dunno whether or not she's still there? Maybe Jason would know.

By the way what's the location of Gu Zhao Ren?

Among the shophouse restaurants near Sutera Mall. It is beside the open carpark... the food is "nothing to shout about" but acceptable and reasonably priced... quite a prominent building opposite a clock shop.

For those who likes Thai food, the Thai lady's stall beside Old Town White Coffee is pretty good - try her fried rice. Another item i highly recommend is the "chee-cheong-fan" at Pearl coffeeshop (opp Petronas) in the morning, you can still get at 12pm. The "Kulai Claypot" shop seems popular too and right opposite there is the S-11 (??) coffeeshop - try prawn noodle dry is great

yonglip

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not necessay , we shall see ...
If I am not wrong Sutera Mall is coming out with Bowling Centre and Cinema also leh , didnt you see there is a big plot of land just behing the Mall .
There is another very big Mall with a few office towers ( cant remember the project name lah ) building up opposite Sutera Mall too ( not belong to Tanah Sutera ) , might be very interesting to take note.

eh bro..maybe u mistaken la.....i for both place to BOOM!! its good if both developers try to outdo each other...end of the day...consumers like u and me have more choices...afterall they are only about 5KM from each other.

Indeed johoreans like bro Shawn mentioned that what's happening in BI/SM is unprecedented....unchartered territory even. Maybe timely to take stock whats happening or going to happen 1KM from BI circular to illustrate the 'gravity' of the situation.

1. 2 hypermarkets with own array of shops
2. A huge shopping mall with world class cinema
3. Huge array of shops + Indah Walk 1, 2 and 3....more retail/restaurants/commercial/office....as if the present lot not enough!
4 2 condos
5. Bus and LRT links to Singapore
6. couple of hotels,..some 4 stars.
7. new and old residential precints

i am hard pressed to find another taman in JB that has so much development taking place at just ONE SPOT on the map.....

like i say, put in the istana and you could have a mini orchard road in the making. haha.

Sanur

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi

Been to sutera mall once, how do I go from leisure farm?? Should b all the way to jusco bt indah and ...?
Thanks

checkers

Alfrescian
Loyal
I even find low class Best Mart / Kip Mart a shopping joy , even though that place look like pasar malam , you probably can find most fresh fishes/prawns there too , not necessary Jusco / Tesco got only .

Best Mart is unexpectedly drier and cleaner than some of the wet markets in Sg. :smile: not low class lah..

Last edited:

checkers

Alfrescian
Loyal
eh bro..maybe u mistaken la.....i for both place to BOOM!! its good if both developers try to outdo each other...end of the day...consumers like u and me have more choices...afterall they are only about 5KM from each other.

Indeed johoreans like bro Shawn mentioned that what's happening in BI/SM is unprecedented....unchartered territory even. Maybe timely to take stock whats happening or going to happen 1KM from BI circular to illustrate the 'gravity' of the situation.

1. 2 hypermarkets with own array of shops
2. A huge shopping mall with world class cinema
3. Huge array of shops + Indah Walk 1, 2 and 3....more retail/restaurants/commercial/office....as if the present lot not enough!
4 2 condos
5. Bus and LRT links to Singapore
6. couple of hotels,..some 4 stars.
7. new and old residential precints

i am hard pressed to find another taman in JB that has so much development taking place at just ONE SPOT on the map.....

like i say, put in the istana and you could have a mini orchard road in the making. haha.

I like the way you put it. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.