• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Jason,
Taste Buds is also in Sutera Mall? Actually I don't know where is Sutera Mall, will google for it later.

Wah lau ... how can you miss out Sutera Mall in JB ? Should be one of the best mall in JB . Dont shoot me , I feel is even better than Jusco lor , in term of shopping experience and eating out .

Last edited:

Sanur

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh yes....tried the food there at Setia Tropika branch ...on the whole it was a pleasant dining experience ...food not bad . We wanted to try a second time but found that it was closed on a Sunday...Strange ?:confused:

That's Malaysia, old town white coffee at jusco bt indah, if u go during their change of shift, they ask u to come back n they will not take yr order. ( human rights perhaps) apple donuts, they have very nice looking donuts in sushi forms, but if they are sold out, they would do more even thou there are lots of staff whom are free .

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
lol...no wonder you have been eating at the clubhouse of HH and EL...

when you find your way there... you'll be spoilt for choice for good food ...and i don't think u want to step into the clubhouse again :biggrin:

Oh Sutera Mall is the one beside the Beijing Restaurant ah? I've been to the Beijing restaurant twice.
First visit, food taste = 85/100 :smile:
2nd visit, food taste = 50/100 :(

Last edited:

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
PH,
you might want to consider getting a landed house in a good area.. LF is a pretty cool place for kids to run around... Keep your Puteri Harbour Condo for investment/rental.. Landed house for long term own possession/stay and for next generation.. hee..

I guess I must be the last generation of Singaporean to enjoy such wonderful kampong life... Lucky me..

yonglip

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wah lau ... how can you miss out Sutera Mall in JB ? Should be one of the best mall in JB . Dont shoot me , I feel is even better than Jusco lor , in term of shopping experience and eating out .

i think both quite comparable la...the only gripe i have about SM is carrefour...inside dim, stale air and aircon not cold..dont feel like staying there for too long. on the other hand, BI's tesco's aircon maciam dont need money..super cold.

Once TGV up and running, Jusco will have the edge.

checkers

Alfrescian
Loyal
i think both quite comparable la...the only gripe i have about SM is carrefour...inside dim, stale air and aircon not cold..dont feel like staying there for too long. on the other hand, BI's tesco's aircon maciam dont need money..super cold.

Agree with you, yonglip. The carrefour there is very unpleasant to shop in. I cannot bring myself to buy the bread, cakes displayed there - all uncovered and exposed...wah - so not hygienic :eek:

Their Carrefour and the Carrefour in Sg very different! Theirs is like our Sheng Siong :biggrin:

Last edited:

checkers

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's Malaysia, old town white coffee at jusco bt indah, if u go during their change of shift, they ask u to come back n they will not take yr order. ( human rights perhaps) apple donuts, they have very nice looking donuts in sushi forms, but if they are sold out, they would do more even thou there are lots of staff whom are free .

Old town white coffee - hmm - the assam laksa is nice though the portion is miserable :smile:

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
i had something close! :cool: xiu yuan... lazy to type in chinese characters.

a name very common in Taiwan, Xiu Xian Rong Chang, xiu as in taking a rest, xian as in easy and relax, rong chang is farmland. Of cos, farmland is misleading, lo one may like gardening as a hobby. may need to add a prefix to be a specific farmland, eg 1Malaysia, IDR, millionaires, escapee, dreamland, or pigeonsky

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree with you, yonglip. The carrefour there is very unpleasant to shop in. I cannot bring myself to buy the bread, cakes displayed there - all uncovered and exposed...wah - so not hygienic :eek:

Their Carrefour and the Carrefour in Sg very different! Theirs is like our Sheng Siong :biggrin:

OK this one I agree , best hypermart = Jusco , Tesco , Carrefour , Giant , which ever order is not really that important lah . Just hope they all stay and do well to serve the locals comittee too. Dont think the local will be very happy to have those SG like shopping mall in JB , where parking cost more than their purchase , jam pack everywhere , super ex type of food only the rich know how to appreciate. If everything is like those SG Mall , might as well shop in SG ?
I think our expectation is getting higher and higher . To me all of them are quite good already, and most probably get better when spending power of the locals increase in the future . I even find low class Best Mart / Kip Mart a shopping joy , even though that place look like pasar malam , you probably can find most fresh fishes/prawns there too , not necessary Jusco / Tesco got only .

Last edited:

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal

Once TGV up and running, Jusco will have the edge.

Not necessay , we shall see ...
If I am not wrong Sutera Mall is coming out with Bowling Centre and Cinema also leh , didnt you see there is a big plot of land just behing the Mall .
There is another very big Mall with a few office towers ( cant remember the project name lah ) building up opposite Sutera Mall too ( not belong to Tanah Sutera ) , might be very interesting to take note.

Status
Not open for further replies.