• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ShawnLow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Investor said:
Hi everyone,
Any recommendation for good food around Bukit Indah area or nearby?
Please recommend as I've been there many times already and always ended up in same places like HH clubhouse, EL clubhouse and Jusco's restaurants for meals. Did try out the bittergourd soup outside Giant as recommended by Yonglip. It's a nice but simple meal. Would really like to try out good food anywhere around Bukit Indah or even further. Thanks in advance.

U can look for me=)

ShawnLow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Investor said:
Thank you so much for sharing such a long list Jason :biggrin: You must be the makan guru of JB lah :wink:

Jason actually did mention quite aloy already. I can add on some later i reach office~i will meet yonglip bro for walk around n eat n coffee time,perhaps u can come too ^^

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Jason actually did mention quite aloy already. I can add on some later i reach office~i will meet yonglip bro for walk around n eat n coffee time,perhaps u can come too ^^

Dont miss me out leh , more ppls can ask for discount / free membership one , haha

ShawnLow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sorry if im offending....i believe staying in jb will have better life and neighbourhood furthermore to let children to have a better childhood memories.

I myself who rent hdb for 4 yrs working in sg, im sorry to say i never spoke to the 1 who stay opposite of me. Even if i smile to them, they will quickly shut the door, i think it does nt apply all the places bt considered most of the places. N or children, let me check wat u do with ur children when antumn festival?i ask my coli who has 2 children, she said she play candle and lanterns at downstair. In msia u can take the lanterns n walk around with neighbour kids shouting on the street too~(tis is onli 1 example)

If u wish to have better neighbourhood,let u children has better childhood,back to original,don hesitate~welcome to malaysia~hehe

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
:biggrin: wa lao teleCARthy. i love to drive these spongy plastic cars really kill the joy...

Hmmm... be alert... your car does attract attention and don't ask me how i know :biggrin:
As what one bro suggested, pay for a second hand proton or MYVI for local commute is ze best

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
last week my son ate 2 plates of chow kuey teow - all for rm8....4 each....my wife and I got a shock, coz the portion is reallllyyyy puny....i think i can eat 3 plates to feel full.....everything is going up!!!
i feel house prices in jb is playing catch up...

Actually hor, how not to price go up? Most of the Johorians are either working in Singapore or depending on the Singapore dollar for their business. They earn Sing$, they spend S$. Of course JB's living expenses goes up. Its only a matter of conversion to its equivalent in RM.

tansi

Alfrescian
Loyal
a name very common in Taiwan, Xiu Xian Rong Chang, xiu as in taking a rest, xian as in easy and relax, rong chang is farmland. Of cos, farmland is misleading, lo one may like gardening as a hobby. may need to add a prefix to be a specific farmland, eg 1Malaysia, IDR, millionaires, escapee, dreamland, or pigeonsky
i suspect that's because the taman has a very 'wong' Chinese name to it.

on a separate note is there a chinese name for HH/EL/LH/LF etc??? I tried translating LF on my own and it sounds damn farnie :biggrin:

tansi

Alfrescian
Loyal
I heard LF was built in 1995/6.
I think Sutera Utama is one of the first G&G high end taman established at least 5-8 yrs ago and just beside the Sutera Mall . At that time where got Jusco / Tesco , where got HH, EL , LF are all more like forested area. The whole place is like a ghost town at night leh . People will say you siao if you are thinking of buying a house in the area . Hence the better off chinese ( I wont say very rich lah , semi D was around 600K - 700K at most ) just buy there lor , they were quite happy about it and hence more ppls came . Now we got very wide choice already, but time will tell who can service you better in the very long run like 10yrs , 20yrs time. In fact Sutera Utama play a big part in the early days to attract a lot of ppl into this town , just like Temasik recent investment into JB act like a magnet to so many investment .

tansi

Alfrescian
Loyal
a neighbor shared with me a common feeling, having enjoyed a relaxed living and a sense of Space here, entering a packed SG shopping mall could be panicky and takes effort to calm down.
Indeed. We are getting used to the different lifestyle here such that at times I don't really feel like going back to Sgp. But, there are still matters to attend to.

checkers

Alfrescian
Loyal
a neighbor shared with me a common feeling, having enjoyed a relaxed living and a sense of Space here, entering a packed SG shopping mall could be panicky and takes effort to calm down.

Shopping malls in JB are just as crowded lah...try going KSL shopping mall, Sutera Mall, Terbrau and even Indah Jusco...they are just as packed as Singapore malls:biggrin:

checkers

Alfrescian
Loyal
1) Simple food : can try craypot rice at Old Place , behind Habbis Roti Prata ( Habbis Roti itself is nice too -24hrs )
2) Tang Shi Fu - Masters in herbal soup , stew pork ... at Sutera Mall
3) Tim Sum at Chow Yuen , along Bestari just opposite Best Mart
4) Seafood at Orang Asli village , after languna golf course.
0r seafoods behind the Station 1 if you dont wish to drive so far.
5) Sutera Mall got quite a number of shophouse you should try one by one , starting with the Japanese , Korea , Taiwanese , Malacca chicken rice ( no need to go malacca liao )
6) Tun Aminah Area - got one very nice Bak Kuk Teh / Fish Head Curry
same row got one XO roast meat / duck - will update address here cant remember address even though I go so often.
7) Once a while you can try those so so food at Old Town / Ah Koon along bestari
8) Oh yes , even Subway sandwhich is now available at Sutera Mall .
9) You can also try Taste Buds , operate by real Ang Moh boss , quite high std . price was real cheap last time , but not anymore , sad.
10) You should also try Five Star chicken rice along bestari , probably the cheapest kampong chicken rice in JB ! But quality is very good.
11) Korea food : Bestari along RHB bank , this one is good if you love Korea food , operate by the real Korean family .

For 11) Is it the one opposite RHB? Have been wanting to try but not confident of the quality.

Thanks for the recommendations... :smile:

checkers

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think Sutera Utama is one of the first G&G high end taman established at least 5-8 yrs ago and just beside the Sutera Mall . At that time where got Jusco / Tesco , where got HH, EL , LF are all more like forested area. The whole place is like a ghost town at night leh . People will say you siao if you are thinking of buying a house in the area . Hence the better off chinese ( I wont say very rich lah , semi D was around 600K - 700K at most ) just buy there lor , they were quite happy about it and hence more ppls came . Now we got very wide choice already, but time will tell who can service you better in the very long run like 10yrs , 20yrs time. In fact Sutera Utama play a big part in the early days to attract a lot of ppl into this town , just like Temasik recent investment into JB act like a magnet to so many investment .

Think 600 K at that time cannot be that affordable lah...i know they are selling the newly launched SDs and clusters at around 1.2 to 1.5 million RM now ...

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
I heard LF was built in 1995/6.

Maybe yes (dont know got G&G or not at that time) , but was a flop then according to my JB lawyer, many big banglow were left empty for donkey years . Infact the whole Iskandar , even Puteri Harbour only come to live as recent as 2-3 years back . Even until now , it is stanstainable is everybody guess. Maybe the odds have gone up to higher level of 70 to 80% self stanstain lor. Still too early to pop champange. Go to begining of the forum , you can know how negative the Iskandar investment then , many people say we are siao !

Last edited:

Sanur

Alfrescian
Loyal
Must drive up to Batu Pahat for peace...

Batu pahat, went there on monday, took one n half hours (about) eat at seaview restaurant, very good food but price came out to b 1300 plus rm for 10 adults n 4 kids. The shopping at pacific was very big n very crowded too. Very bad jam back, lots of tour buses, bumper to bumper, left at 6 but reach LF at 9 plus. I was so so tired

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Must drive up to Batu Pahat for peace...

Try weekday shopping, it is much quieter.
Sometime, I take leave to go across , eat tim sum for breakfast , jalan a bit , have 2 hrs massage , jalan again and eat again before heading back , all these just to get away from the bad crowd in sg. I am sure the crowd will build up over time as we can see the participation on this forum . Now it is whether the momentum of buying hse there will continue or are we going to hit some bump along the way due to Euro crisis. When Nusajaya becomes too crowd which is unlikely to be that soon due to its plentiful of land,I am sure new opportunity will appear perhaps moving east to Desaru or west to Kukup or upwar north towards Batu Pahat.
Kind of wonder , what's there at Batu Pahat ? Isn't that the old hideout for theives in early days ?

Status
Not open for further replies.