• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kennyc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pls note im not trying to talk down JB property but just wondering while malaysians are flocking to sg to buy properties and pushing
up price, we are now doing the same in jb.

My'Sians, can take out all CPF money when they retire. can we? sgp'eans?

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi there:

well, the new developments these days come with a lot of bells and whistles you need to go check them out to see the difference between that and the one you saw from your friend. Some see that it justifies the premium. Of course developments at strategic locations, the developer likely priced in extra into asking price.

As to the swap between the 2 groups, all I can say is both groups have given up on their home grounds. A lot of malaysians are still 'blind' to iskandar and mostly are still skeptical therefore hoping to move to SG to seek greener pastures. In SG people are sick of the chaoticsim generated by a capitalistic governance and at the same time sees opportunities in iskandar also hoping to seek greener pastures. I just hope that the sPRs don't get displaced at both sides. First buying into living in SG at a high price and then find themselves missing out the opportunities they've had but ignored in their home ground...

Wow! I cant imagine myself do tt daily. Salute to you.

This is the only obstacle why i did not go for a unit in JB.

I was keen 3 years back and still cannot get over this today.

Im ok if im retired and just spend my time driving my children or maybe grand children to schools everyday, but
loaded with many other commitments one hv to thinks carefully.

Just beginning this yr, i know of a malaysian(SPR) who works in sg selling his semi d in tmn suria for myr 560k. I went to see the place
not bad with carrfour shopping nearby. Six mth later, he offered me 510k. was tempted but worry cos not gated tho guarded.

Its the reverse as he was trying to sell his jb landed to buy 4rm hdb in sg. what an irony! They travel daily to sg to work and hope the hdb flat will
cut alot their travelling time. ofcos capital appreciation must be another reason but he didnt say lah.

so was thinking matured estate semi d of almost 4000sqft in JB going at 1/2mil no takers and newer developments asking similar types
asking over 1mil were sold out?

Pls note im not trying to talk down JB property but just wondering while malaysians are flocking to sg to buy properties and pushing

spidey

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's good to know, Sanur. They are coming to my HDB this Saturday to view and quote on the transportation.

Sis Sanur, this is for building a whole house right? Does your builder also do double-storey extensions?

Bro, I was in MidValley last weekend and ate at the Food Junction (foodcourt) on the top floor. I ordered simple fried rice with taufu, cauliflower and fried egg; the bill came to RM7.35. My wife and I got a shock! Freaking expensive for "economy" rice.

last week my son ate 2 plates of chow kuey teow - all for rm8....4 each....my wife and I got a shock, coz the portion is reallllyyyy puny....i think i can eat 3 plates to feel full.....everything is going up!!!
i feel house prices in jb is playing catch up...

yonglip

Alfrescian
Loyal

Im ok if im retired and just spend my time driving my children or maybe grand children to schools everyday, but

Just beginning this yr, i know of a malaysian(SPR) who works in sg selling his semi d in tmn suria for myr 560k. I went to see the place
not bad with carrfour shopping nearby. Six mth later, he offered me 510k. was tempted but worry cos not gated tho guarded.

Its the reverse as he was trying to sell his jb landed to buy 4rm hdb in sg. what an irony! They travel daily to sg to work and hope the hdb flat will
cut alot their travelling time. ofcos capital appreciation must be another reason but he didnt say lah.

so was thinking matured estate semi d of almost 4000sqft in JB going at 1/2mil no takers and newer developments asking similar types

bro..old estates like taman suria is surrounded by many low cost kampungs without any immediate amenities...the carrefour (tebrau) you talked about is about 5km away. coupled with non gated, it will be hard to attract singaporeans to take a 2nd look. also a lot depends on the unit itself...it is one thing to boast a built up size of 4000 sqft...but if the whole place is run down and one is staring at a reno/rebuilt cost of more than RM200K, then it is not entirely a good proposition.

Sanur

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's good to know, Sanur. They are coming to my HDB this Saturday to view and quote on the transportation.

Sis Sanur, this is for building a whole house right? Does your builder also do double-storey extensions?

Bro, I was in MidValley last weekend and ate at the Food Junction (foodcourt) on the top floor. I ordered simple fried
rice with taufu, cauliflower and fried egg; the bill came to RM7.35. My wife and I got a shock! Freaking expensive for "economy" rice.[/QUOTE

Hi Vincent
It might be alex, ask for discount and decide to pay in RM. happy moving!!

Sanur

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yes, he is one of leisure farm builders, built lots of showhouses for LF. Also building at 4 to 5 big houses now at LF. Price includes almost everything except, landscaping n cabinets too. Have not negotiate yet.

Bro, I was in MidValley last weekend and ate at the Food Junction (foodcourt) on the top floor. I ordered simple fried
rice with taufu, cauliflower and fried egg; the bill came to RM7.35. My wife and I got a shock! Freaking expensive for "economy" rice.[/QUOTE

Hi Vincent

Sanur

Alfrescian
Loyal
To add on, I wouldn't buy anything not gated n guarded. No matter how cheap. I choose to look at the development, the oldest n see how they maintain the place, I will speak to the people there, if there's regrets . That's why I bought leisure farm. As for amenities, in Jb still can drive,

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal

Encik , you out of touch with the upmarket in JB lah ...
Not only the Singaporean (1-2% ) buying into growth story of Iskandar , the Malaysian are also snaping up houses there leh . Just last Sunday , I was at Setia Eco Cascadia , soft launch , clusters houses already asking 700 plus and sold out leh ! Location not even in Nusajaya / Medini high growth area OK .

Last edited:

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
To add on, I wouldn't buy anything not gated n guarded. No matter how cheap. I choose to look at the development, the oldest n see how they maintain the place, I will speak to the people there, if there's regrets . That's why I bought leisure farm. As for amenities, in Jb still can drive,

Hi Sanur,

Do you and your husband intend to retire in your bungalow in Leisure Farm?

Sanur

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Sanur,

Do you and your husband intend to retire in your bungalow in Leisure Farm?

I hope to but not him. He hates to travel that's why I talked him into buying this house, he kept saying he already have the best place in Singapore. ;/

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal
Whether the quality of life is better here than sg is subjective. It depends on one's lifestyle and taste. :rolleyes:
For me, it would be much better. I really hate walking 340 steps from the MSCP to my HDB unit; regardless of whether I'm carrying anything or not. And when it comes to washing cars, really puts me off having to walk so far carrying pails and cleaning stuff. Also, staying in a house with more space allows us to store things away and see less clutter. Seeing less clutter also helps to destress the mind... I am counting down to the day when I wake up in HH without having to hear the MRT passing by.

sure! let me know closer to time. Don't need coffee la. Am already very happy that the plants are and will be appreciated.
Thanks bro.... the coffee is not just for the basil leaves; I need to pick your brains on how to take care and grow the plants, etc. :smile:

Very recently, just got a huge shock when 3 friends shared with us about their rape stories and this
was in SG.

Again, crime is everywhere but was very sad to hear as i know one of them personally.
One was a couple years ago, the other 2 was quite recent. None wants to report anything for fear
of the stigma associated.

At first, only one shared but when they saw her sharing, they came out of the group to talk as well.
Wow, that's quite shocking. Was it a rape case by strangers or by partners? Because some may not report it if it's partners. Poor thing...

Same for me, the only issue with the 2nd link is the numerous questions some ask even if its clear you are not a threat and just going to work.
I noticed that this has gone down a lot in recent months though.

Had a funny case a while ago where even though i was in long sleeves and tie and answering in English, the guy still asked me what am i doing
in Singapore, what i intend to do and where am i going. This is even though my passport was clearly in my hands and the guy saw it.

I answered him as best and politely as i could. Still not satisfied, even asked me for my office address and i got upset when he asked again and
again in a rude and dismissive manner it was as if he was interrogating me.

Tell me why are you going to Singapore again? Why are you going to Singapore? Which part of Singapore? Why that part?
I told him it was for work and as a citizen, i have a right to go back to my own country, going to that part of Singapore as my office is there.
Sorry, bro wuqi, just to clarify, this was the SG immigration officer in the booth asking/interrogating you? Why on earth would they do that?

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Encik , you out of touch with the upmaket in JB lah ...
Not only the Singaporean (1-2% ) buying into growth story of Iskandar , the Malaysian are also snaping up houses there leh . Just last Sunday , I was at Setia Eco Cascadia , soft launch , clusters houses already asking 700 plus and sold out leh ! Location not even in Nusajaya / Medini high growth area OK .

Yup agree with Jason, below are approximates of buyers' nationality;

1) East Ledang Phase 8 terraces RM660k to RM1 mil - Bought by 50% foreigners and 50% Malaysians.
2) East Ledang Phase 3a bungalows RM2.6 mil to RM3.3 mil - Bought by Mostly Singaporeans.
3) Impiana Condo (outside East Ledang, one of the most expensive condos in Johor) - Bought by Mostly Malaysians.

What did you see from the above?
I saw that both Singaporeans and Malaysians are willing to buy very highly priced high-end properties in Nusajaya.
I saw that Singaporeans are even willing to pay over the SGD 1 million mark for a high-end bungalow in Nusajaya. Our friends Sanur, IskandarRocks and Puteri Harbour are the few examples here and there are many more of such Singaporeans who bought their expensive bungalows in LF, EL and HH. There are also many more like Wuqi and HH who bought multiple smaller units which adds up to value of a few million RM.

The key here is all about Location! Don't judge a country as a whole, there are growth areas in every countries. Spot the growth area yourself and you'll easily make millions from properties, provided you have a few hundred thousand bucks to start off. Even a small island like Singapore, not all areas enjoyed the same capital appreciation for the past 4 years. Some areas appreciated more than 200% while others only 50%.

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi Roger, I guess your friend is not used to traveling long hours. If one is used to short travel times, it will be quite difficult to adjust to longer travel times. When I worked in KL, it's normal for me to travel minimum 30-60mins to get to work. Of course I hated it and I was staying in an apmt too. Now, going to move into a house, I am looking forward to it, even though I may need to travel 45-75 mins to get to office. When I have kids, I'll think about how to make it work when the time comes.

Hi Vincent
Excellent, thanks for the tip. The person I spoke to on the telephone was Mr. Peter Lau; but I dunno who is coming this Sat to quote.

Yes, he is one of leisure farm builders, built lots of showhouses for LF. Also building at 4 to 5 big houses now at LF. Price includes almost everything except, landscaping n cabinets too. Have not negotiate yet.
Hmmm, I wonder if he does small projects or not. Not too sure if normal renovation contractors do provide such service until 2-storey extension. Do hope to hear more from you later.

cleyeo

Alfrescian
Loyal
A quick n simple explanation on Progressive Payment and loan concern:

Progressive payment takes effect whether on loan or cash purchase.

EG: 500k property, 80% loan 20% downpayment (usually 20% to be paid within 2-3 mths)
Day 1: Booking (can be RM500/1k/5k depending on developer)
Day 14: (Usually booking states within 14 days) Sign S&P and pay 10% downpayment less booking fee
Approximately 2 mths later, upon completion of sales documentation, pay balance 10% downpayment.

Thereafter your loan kicks in. The developer will ask your bank for the remaining 80%, once 80% is paid to developer by the banks, your monthly installment starts.

Now, that is for a fully completed property, for common cases for most of us here where our properties are still under contruction, assuming the above scenario:

*RM500k property, 80% loan
*Currently house is only 50% built (ie. construction of house is only 50%)
*After paying 20% d/payment, there is a balance of 30%
*Developer will then ask your bank for the 30% approximately 2 mths after your 1st booking.
*Banks will then pay the developer 30% and your installment will start, however since its only 30% of total purchase price, your installment will only be 30% (eg. if your eventual full mthly installemnt is RM2k/mth, now you only pay RM600 p/mth)
*Usually every 2-3 mths developer will will ask your banks for more $, eg 3 mths later the house reaches 70% to contruction completion, so developer will ask your bank for additional 20%, so your mhtly installment progressively increases.

Thus, this is what you call 'Progresive Payment'. However do note that banks do allow payment of interest only. Eg. if your current progressive is RM600, maybe out of the 600, 100 is for interest payment. So u only pay RM100 p/mth, this will go all the way until the day u collect your hosue keys, then your full mthly installment kicks in.

Also, last but not least, if its a cash purchase, then progresively, every time the developer bills you for an amount, 20%, 30% 10%......since u have no loan then you will have to pay the said amount directly to the developer, this is also progresive, only diff is u pay the full amount yourself instead of the banks paying for u....

Ok, hope its clear? :biggrin:

Bro,

It is very clear and detail.
Thank you very very much.. really appreciate it !
Thanks to other bros as well who have given their time answering my question !

cheers

spidey

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yup agree with Jason, below are approximates of buyers' nationality;

1) East Ledang Phase 8 terraces RM660k to RM1 mil - Bought by 50% foreigners and 50% Malaysians.
2) East Ledang Phase 3a bungalows RM2.6 mil to RM3.3 mil - Bought by Mostly Singaporeans.
3) Impiana Condo (outside East Ledang, one of the most expensive condos in Johor) - Bought by Mostly Malaysians.

What did you see from the above?
I saw that both Singaporeans and Malaysians are willing to buy very highly priced high-end properties in Nusajaya.
I saw that Singaporeans are even willing to pay over the SGD 1 million mark for a high-end bungalow in Nusajaya. Our friends Sanur, IskandarRocks and Puteri Harbour are the few examples here and there are many more of such Singaporeans who bought their expensive bungalows in LF, EL and HH. There are also many more like Wuqi and HH who bought multiple smaller units which adds up to value of a few million RM.

The key here is all about Location! Don't judge a country as a whole, there are growth areas in every countries. Spot the growth area yourself and you'll easily make millions from properties, provided you have a few hundred thousand bucks to start off. Even a small island like Singapore, not all areas enjoyed the same capital appreciation for the past 4 years. Some areas appreciated more than 200% while others only 50%.

waahh...you all really richleh...i can't even smell these numbers that is quoted here...envy you all!!...

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
i got to JB customs with my last piece of white card yesterday, and asked the customs officer for more white cards (at the JB entry point - i cant get them at the exit point - tried before)
JB customs officer tell me no more white form, i ask him next time how
he said next time no need/more(?) white form..
i blur
any bros can pls englighten me on what's going on? :confused:
Just in case you haven't got your answer... because all Singaporeans (or anyone residing in Singapore on a valid LT pass) can simply pay RM30 and do the 1 year validity MACs. With this imprinted on your passport no stamping and no white card is needed in and out and you will not be asked to do squats

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.