• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

yonglip

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi there roger
My children are studying in Singapore and we commute daily. One of them is in the morning session and the other is in the afternoon. They are both schooling in Woodlands. Well, the elder will wake up about 5:30 to get ready for school and leave about 6:15 and drive in through Tuas. I usually reach woodlands about 7:10 and will drive back to JB. The younger will leave home about 11:20 and drive through woodlands and would reach school about 12:10. When I fetch the younger back and will drive through woodlands and get back about 7:30 - 8pm depends on the jam at the causeway. The jam at the causeway will start about 6pm usually but on rainny days sometimes its not so bad. If some odd days, I would drive back through Tuas and would reach home about 7:40-8pm well if I am lazy to Q in the jam. You need to try out for about a week or two to get some timing right. Btw im staying at HH. I would avoid the morning jam from JB at the causeway. I tried the route before and I left home at 6am and reached my kids school earliest at 7:15, that is with good driving skill going through the jam. The traffic from tuas to woodlands is a breeze as most of the traffic is going the opposite direction.

Just my 2 cents
Cheers

A parent's love...bravo.

Puteri harbour

Alfrescian
Loyal
If countries always depreciate currency to improve their exports than they will will always be trapped at the same technology level. With export protected, there is no incentive for existing companies and businesses to innovate and move up the value chain.

As long as the govt see this, things will change and I have this feel that the many scholars, that were sent overseas to the likes of Stanford university and IMperial college and etc. over the years, had finally see this point.

With the help of Singapore and a closer ASEAN due to the global crisis, things are more likely to change.....

Hope it helps....

Cheers,
PH

It has been that way. When should it be different now?

spidey

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi there roger
My children are studying in Singapore and we commute daily. One of them is in the morning session and the other is in the afternoon. They are both schooling in Woodlands. Well, the elder will wake up about 5:30 to get ready for school and leave about 6:15 and drive in through Tuas. I usually reach woodlands about 7:10 and will drive back to JB. The younger will leave home about 11:20 and drive through woodlands and would reach school about 12:10. When I fetch the younger back and will drive through woodlands and get back about 7:30 - 8pm depends on the jam at the causeway. The jam at the causeway will start about 6pm usually but on rainny days sometimes its not so bad. If some odd days, I would drive back through Tuas and would reach home about 7:40-8pm well if I am lazy to Q in the jam. You need to try out for about a week or two to get some timing right. Btw im staying at HH. I would avoid the morning jam from JB at the causeway. I tried the route before and I left home at 6am and reached my kids school earliest at 7:15, that is with good driving skill going through the jam. The traffic from tuas to woodlands is a breeze as most of the traffic is going the opposite direction.
Cheers

Does this mean that next time when the MRT is ready in say 6-8 yrs time, it will be a breeze to travel from JB outskirt to SG Woodlands MRT - Then from there connect to the rest of SG?

With the MRT, say from Kempas, to CIQ, probably will take 15 mins max and then go thru the JB CIQ check, from there hop on to a train that will take you out to SG CIQ, once cleared then get on to the SG MRT that will connect to Woodlands and then to rest of JB...So all in max 30 mins can get from Kempas to Woodlands MRT in future???

hahahaha....that would be ideal already bros...letting the imagination run wild...
if this do come thru, I think a lot of ppl will prefer to rent a place in JB and then work in SG.....imagine 30 mins can pass CIQ and in SG, and another 30 mins to reach office...the amount of savings in rental ...if the forex is still the same!

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi there roger
My children are studying in Singapore and we commute daily.
Cheers

wow! so you travel in and out twice a day! salute. its a good thing the coastal highway would help much on the return leg back to HH. When it finally connects to the 2nd link even more time to chip off. What do your children feel or say about living in JB? should be very interesting listening to a kids view for a change :smile:

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
the art here will be refining the design to deal with increase human foot traffic when the MRT comes. If that is a bottleneck then what savings and convenience in time may be lost. Last I heard, it may be a different CIQ sited at Stulang area. I hope that then reduce the number of bikers crossing. They can be a nightmare on the roads. I think there was a report circulating about an SG plate vios that crashed into tebrau river to avoid a bike or something...

Does this mean that next time when the MRT is ready in say 6-8 yrs time, it will be a breeze to travel from JB outskirt to SG Woodlands MRT - Then from there connect to the rest of SG?

With the MRT, say from Kempas, to CIQ, probably will take 15 mins max and then go thru the JB CIQ check, from there hop on to a train that will take you out to SG CIQ, once cleared then get on to the SG MRT that will connect to Woodlands and then to rest of JB...So all in max 30 mins can get from Kempas to Woodlands MRT in future???

hahahaha....that would be ideal already bros...letting the imagination run wild...
if this do come thru, I think a lot of ppl will prefer to rent a place in JB and then work in SG.....imagine 30 mins can pass CIQ and in SG, and another 30 mins to reach office...the amount of savings in rental ...if the forex is still the same!

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi there roger

Just my 2 cents
Cheers
I was going through the same idea last year, in the end I did not proceed.
Does your kids have many tuitions and CCA ? What are their standard ?
After all these while , still not enough school kids to transport from HH to SG to form a HH school bus. Was hoping one day it will happen as the thread already expanded many times.
What is your monthly toll like now ?
Sadly I have unofficial vote of 1 out of 4.

lastresort

Alfrescian
Loyal
If countries always depreciate currency to improve their exports than they will will always be trapped at the same technology level. With export protected, there is no incentive for existing companies and businesses to innovate and move up the value chain.

As long as the govt see this, things will change and I have this feel that the many scholars, that were sent overseas to the likes of Stanford university and IMperial college and etc. over the years, had finally see this point.

With the help of Singapore and a closer ASEAN due to the global crisis, things are more likely to change.....

Hope it helps....

Cheers,
PH

Hi PH bro, thanks for sharing your views.. :smile:

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
oh on a more domestic side, anyone of you who'd like to have some basil cuttings let me know i can give. i started out with 1 pot now 3 pots are overgrown, need to reserve space for other herbs. I was trimming just now and had to throw away a fair bit away which could make perfectly viable basil plants. The leaves are what you'd want for spaghetti, tomato salads, pesto sauce etc. LFer or otherwise no worries.

Puteri harbour

Alfrescian
Loyal
Keep in touch... Will definitely look for you in future if I need to do some fine cooking... By then, you should have a great variety of herbs...

Cheers, PH

oh on a more domestic side, anyone of you who'd like to have some basil cuttings let me know i can give. i started out with 1 pot now 3 pots are overgrown, need to reserve space for other herbs. I was trimming just now and had to throw away a fair bit away which could make perfectly viable basil plants. The leaves are what you'd want for spaghetti, tomato salads, pesto sauce etc. LFer or otherwise no worries.

thegolf

Alfrescian
Loyal
For those moving in HH and jolly well knowing nearby construction starting soon, better think twice or end up like our bro here @#@$%&$@#.........

[video=youtube;RKMa2aXXxHY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKMa2aXXxHY[/video]

At 745AM on Hari Raya Haji (day 2) whioch is a public holiday, we were awakened by the sounds of hammering, yelling, and heavy construction noise coming from the site directly next to ours. Horizon Hills Development Sdn Bhd, a partnership with UEM and GAMUDA obviously cares more about making $$$ than their motto "Enriching Lives... etc"! Homeowners and laws be damned... they obviously don't care!

What about a homeowners right to peaceful enjoyment of their property?

Is this a developer that YOU want to do business with? They flaunt the rules and regulations.. then break them when it's convenient...

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi HH residents... I need your help to complete my house address. I forgot to copy it down from the tenancy agreement. What comes after "No. XX, Jalan Ambang X/X"?

Thanks.

lastresort

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi HH residents... I need your help to complete my house address. I forgot to copy it down from the tenancy agreement. What comes after "No. XX, Jalan Ambang X/X"?

Thanks.

The complete address is "No. XX, Jalan Ambang X/X, Horizon Hills, 79100 Nusajaya, Johor, Malaysia". :smile:

Puteri harbour

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi vincent,

Many thanks for sharing...that is helpful to me... Let's see what others have to say about their purchases/ intended purchase.

Cheers,
PH

Hi KittyMeow, Why wouldn't there be jungles in MY?

Property: Nusa Idaman Precinct 8
Reasons:
Fast and near access from highway, 15 mins from 2nd link to home
Near to shophouses, Jusco and other banks/amenities
Supposedly the premier precinct in Nusa Idaman and still affordable, less than RM700k
Disadvantages: Different construction/completion rate in Precinct 8 could raise security issues
Nusa Idaman project is known for problems with overall security of its individual precincts
No direct ramp down to the highway going back to 2nd Link, need to u-turn at Jusco or take back roads
Hi Gemini, it doesn't work like this; you need to actively post content. Too few words posted don't count and you will still remain under moderation. So, just post and ask questions and wait for your moderation phas to pass.

yonglip

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Investing in Nusajaya

Hi guys,

Have anyone here looked at Bukit Indah "The Quartz" before? (opposite the town park where people fly kites in some evenings, and a stone throw away from the eateries and shops which include a Maid Cafe)

i rem seeing it at the showvillage sometime back...i think all built up liao. its ok as long as you ok with the smallness...i think intermediate subsale units going for 450+..ouch.

sorry but i claustrophobic type...in fact present offerings at the showvillage reminds me of the tatic deployed by Sing developers....build as small as possible so as to keep price affordable..expect developer to cont doing that especially for launches within 1km from circular.

markhida22

Alfrescian
Loyal
I've not heard of this project before, but from your description I think I have a rough idea where it is. Will probably have a look next month. Who's the developer? Just by knowing the developer, you can guess at the possible end build quality.

Thanks Vincentck for your reply.

The developer for "the Quartz" is the SP Setia Group..

and here is their website:
http://www.spsetia.com.my/bukit_indah_johor/pfs_thequartz.htm

The guard house entrance showed "8th Avenue" though.. perhaps "The Quartz" is one development in the precinct called "8th Avenue"?

Bros and Sis here have any comments on "the Quartz"?

checkers

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks Vincentck for your reply.

The developer for "the Quartz" is the SP Setia Group..

and here is their website:
http://www.spsetia.com.my/bukit_indah_johor/pfs_thequartz.htm

The guard house entrance showed "8th Avenue" though.. perhaps "The Quartz" is one development in the precinct called "8th Avenue"?

Bros and Sis here have any comments on "the Quartz"?

Hi you may find the following link helpful.
Have a good read.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Bukit-Indah-Community-JB/112897038781629?ref=ts

Status
Not open for further replies.