• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
That is my bet..... Anyone know if it is the norms for developer in Malaysia to price property such as imperia at such a premium over the likes of 1 medini and Ujana@East Ledang?

Ujana pricing is a year old, a more apt comparison will be Crescent which is near to Ujana also by UEM. 1medini is 99 years right?
I think if you are buying a higher floor unit with a good view (sea view+marina view?), it is pretty ok. From what i can see it is unlikely the developer could erect another tower nearby to block your view, hence your unit will remain very very exclusive. In SG, the psf is a lot higher within the same development for the penthouse units with good views.

Last edited:

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
i went to have a look today. looks like public launch soon? in a way i think the price seems justified with very good materials used, etc plus loads of space. though the best views are afforded by penthouse and 3 bedrooms. i hear there will be a residential offering side by side imperia by ncorp or something. those with marina views are best becos trader's hotel is low-lying topping out at L5 unfortunately those with marina views are pretty much booked out liaow that is a very good choice esp. if buy to stay, what more within walking distance to ferry CIQ that fact alone redeems the sky high asking price though looking at the prices, its currently in the league of its own. way out of impiana/fairways suites/sky gardens etc. can't compare with ujana as it was launched before the 500k foreigner restriction. as for 1medini, the density is higher (i hear 6 blocks?) and, LH as well.

Lemans and others:
I found out the crescent is renamed impiana. Crescent was a prelaunch name i hear.

That is my bet..... Anyone know if it is the norms for developer in Malaysia to price property such as imperia at such a premium over the likes of 1 medini and Ujana@East Ledang?

teck21

Alfrescian
Loyal
welcome teck, if you're in no hurry. visit the various developments spread over a couple of weeks to really get a feel, familiarize with the orientation, development blueprint, vicinity amenities, potential pros and cons, future developments, and the distance to either checkpoints etc.

Thank you, exactly what I will do beginning end of this month or thereabouts. A lot of personal assessment is required, I still haven't a clue what a lot of the abbreviations you guys use here stand for.

Thanks as well Arsenal for input.

I do have a young son who attends a half-day nursery class here, and my wife is a little concerned about schooling opportunities for him now, and in future. Wonder if anyone here is in a similar situation.

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
i went to have a look today. looks like public launch soon? in a way i think the price seems justified with very good materials used, etc plus loads of space. though the best views are afforded by penthouse and 3 bedrooms. i hear there will be a residential offering side by side imperia by ncorp or something. those with marina views are best becos trader's hotel is low-lying topping out at L5 unfortunately those with marina views are pretty much booked out liaow that is a very good choice esp. if buy to stay, what more within walking distance to ferry CIQ that fact alone redeems the sky high asking price though looking at the prices, its currently in the league of its own. way out of impiana/fairways suites/sky gardens etc. can't compare with ujana as it was launched before the 500k foreigner restriction. as for 1medini, the density is higher (i hear 6 blocks?) and, LH as well.

Lemans and others:
I found out the crescent is renamed impiana. Crescent was a prelaunch name i hear.

Just to add to the comments above - land around East Ledang, such as Ledang Heights are asking around RM 60 - 80 psf. Also, when UEM sold Melody Park, they priced land at RM 60 psf. However, land around Puteri Harbour was transacted at around RM 220 psf about 6 months back, if I remember correctly. So based on the premium land pricing, the developments at Puteri Harbour will definitely be pricier than the rest, more inland.

Here is the information on the land transaction:

http://www.iproperty.com.my/news/taggedArticles.aspx?tagid=2962&nid=3748

I have also heard that 1 Medini is 99 years. BTW, have they launched?? 6 months back, I heard that they will price at RM 380 psf. Recently, I heard it would be more like RM 450 psf.

Last edited:

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
IIB and China firm in RM2.5bil mega property venture

SERI KEMBANGAN: Iskandar Investment Bhd (IIB) and China-based real estate developer Zhuoda Real Estate Group have entered into two framework agreements to develop mixed residential and commercial projects in Medini Iskandar Malaysia in Johor.

This marks the first real estate investment by a foreign company in Medini and the biggest project investment in the area to date. The gross development value of the project is estimated at RM2.5bil while the gross development cost is about RM1.85bil. The signing ceremony yesterday was held in conjunction with the 3rd World Chinese Economic Forum in Seri Kembangan.

IIB and Zhuoda subsidiary, Qingdao Zhuoyuan Investment Holdings (Zhuoyuan), will jointly develop the first two of the three-phase project. The third phase would be developed solely by the Chinese company.

Medini is IIB's flagship development in Medini North, its leisure and tourism area. It is set to come alive next year with the opening of Asia's first LEGOLAND theme park, together with a complementary lifestyle retail mall, hotels, healthcare services, offices and residential projects.

IIB president and chief executive officer Datuk Syed Mohamed Syed Ibrahim told a news conference the project was expected to be completed over the next 10 to 15 years and that work on the first phase would start next year.

The first framework agreement is for the formation of a joint venture between IIB and Zhuoyuan to develop a residential project on an 18.14-acre plot in Medini North. The project, 80% owned by Zhuoyuan, would have a total sales value (TSV) of RM157.6mil, with the estimated investment reaching RM1.2bil.

The second framework agreement is for the sale of lease for a 9.74-acre plot, also in Medini. Zhuoyuan would carry out a mixed-use development on the site. It would have a TSV of RM70.8mil and the total investment is estimated at RM520mil.

“Zhuoyuan's investment in Medini is a clear affirmation of the company's confidence in the growth potential of Iskandar Malaysia and IIB as its investment partner to take advantage of opportunities in South-East Asia,” Syed Mohamed said.

“As a strategic partner of the 3rd World Chinese Economic Forum, we encourage more businesses from Malaysia and China to seek ways to further enhance cooperation, despite the current global economic uncertainties, and subsequently contribute towards the quest of reviving the Silk Road,” he added.

Said Zhuoda chief operating officer Yang Han Qing: “This signing is a milestone for Zhuoda's maiden overseas investment and a landmark in Zhuoda's history to become a global company.”

Iskandar Malaysia has recorded committed investments of RM77.82bil from various sectors as of September this year, according to Iskandar Regional Development Authority.

Last edited:

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just to add to the comments above - land around East Ledang, such as Ledang Heights are asking around RM 60 - 80 psf. Also, when UEM sold Melody Park, they priced land at RM 60 psf. However, land around Puteri Harbour was transacted at around RM 220 psf about 6 months back, if I remember correctly. So based on the premium land pricing, the developments at Puteri Harbour will definitely be pricier than the rest, more inland.

Land zoned for commercial use are priced differently from residential land. Hence you cannot compare low plot ratio bungalow land to high density commercial land. Nevertheless i believe Imperia is one of the very few condos worth investing.

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Vincent,

I am a believer of first mover. The unit is MYR2.2m. Buy it as a holiday home with a aim to keep it as an asset for my retirement in 20 year time.

Many of my friends ask about nusajaya now after seeing the strait times article on iskandar , the article on ascots managing somerset puteria harbor and articles on parkway opening 200 beds hospital. Look like IDR development I'd doing something right this time round.... Keep finger cross.

Cheers,
PH
Bro PH, if you bought it as a holiday home and retirement; then it should be fine because you don't have to worry about capital appreciation or rental income. It's a different story when one buys for own stay or for investment. I believe 5-10 yrs down, your decision would be proven right.

They charge by the size of lorry. A 20' lorry cost RM1800. This lobang is from mallow.
That's cheap... a quote I received from CHL MOvers was S$1480 for a 20ft lorry.

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi everyone,

I have finally found a place where people discuss making the move to JB, and I must thank everyone here for sharing their knowledge and experience.

I have only very recently considered making the move over myself (in fact simply on my way back from KL by coach just last week), uprooting my wife and young child to a whole new, and hopefully better environment. And the more I think about it, and the more research I do with regards feasibility and
liveability of doing so, the more convinced I am that it should be done, about now in fact!

However, I haven't actually been to Nusajaya myself, and of course it is not prudent to move to place one has never been to, especially since it is only a short drive away.

My wife and I have therefore decided to make a trip out there sometime in December to recce, so to speak. We'd have gone already, or go earlier if I wasn't having my ICT right now, and we have a short family holiday planned for shortly after.

I am hoping that we could find a few helpful souls who would be kind enough to take some time off to maybe meet us for a coffee in order to share thoughts on living there as well as answer some questions we have (actually we have many). This forum thread is great, but it's just not the same somehow.

I have too many questions to ask in a single forum post, so I guess I'll be breaking them down into individual enquiries as I go along. :smile:

For starters, if we do decide to make the move, we would be looking at the completing the move within 6 months or so. Having checked around with LF and HH, I assume our only hope of getting a place (we are probably considering a cluster unit I imagine) is from the resale market? At least that's the impression that I have now.

If that were the case, would a budget of 800k RM be adequate for something reasonably pleasant? Btw, that 800k would hopefully include the cost of renovation.

Thanks! And again, great to have found this place.
Hi teck21, I know one of the forummer here actually rented a car from SG and drove into Nusajaya to have a look. Maybe you can do the same to explore the place and get a feel. At least after you see if with your own eyes, and speak to a few sales exec or even property agents, you will have a better idea of things. I'm moving to my rented HH home in a few weeks time, while waiting for my house in Nusa Idaman to be completed. So, I can't advise on how it feels like to stay there. But to answer your question above, RM800k should be sufficient to get a nice intermediate unit in Gateway, not necessarily a cluster unit. Anyway, I prefer intermediate more to cluster so that my back kitchen is open as well, instead of connected to another unit. All the best to you and your family.

Haha...sure, then we can all have a big get together and exchange fruits...
I got my place at Bandar Dato Onn... House with land at the side... Go check out the price if you hv time...least some ppl here say I am insinuating or hv an agenda
Happy to get it as it was below my budget...for now the place looks nice, as only 2 parcel hv been launched, not sure what it will look like later with all the parcel up for development..
Wah... Bdr Dato Onn is just after the toll towards JB city, is that far from Horizon Hills? We'll probably explore Johor more after we move there, but we'll start with Kota Iskandar and nearby areas. Bdr Dato Onn sounds far; I only see it when I drive back from KL. I tot that place has a lot of launches already, if I remember correctly from what some forummers wrote here.

mallow

Alfrescian
Loyal
I vaguely remember Mallow mentioned about being able to feel the vibration from Live Firing of military training nearby her home at Ledang Heights.
Can anyone confirm that? Are those Malaysia's or Singapore's military trainings?
When the live firing is on, lots of noise in bursts. Sometimes when they use the heavy stuff, yes we can actually feel the vibrations. Cilaka.
Singapore training.

Bluereeff

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Investing in Nusajaya

Hi PH, do they have small units there with view of marina and Singapore? How do i go about enquiring? Thanks.

Puteri harbour

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi bluereef,
they have 1 bedroom and 2 bedrooms unit as well. 1bedroom should be about 1300sqft and 2 bedroom about 1800 sqft. There is a sales office at puteri harbour club house. Level 2. Every Time I go there for lunch with my family, this particular salesman is always there. If did not remember wrongly, his name is syed Fadzil. If you are not familiar with puteri harbour, you can get him to brief you.

Happy shopping.... Cheers.... PH

Puteri harbour

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks Vincent,
Happy moving to HH........ Cheers, PH

Hi teck,
Personally, I would like both East Ledang and Horizonhills. But if I have the budget, I would go for EL coz when the whole place like medini and Puteri harbour is up, the amenities will e very different.... It is like living in orchard road/ harbour front vs serangoon gardens/ holland v.... Not talking about ang mo kio and sembawang. Unless you love golf a lot. Having say that, it is the people that make up the place/ village. I wish you all the best in your search......
Cheers, PH

Hi teck21, I know one of the forummer here actually rented a car from SG and drove into Nusajaya to have a look. Maybe you can do the same to explore the place and get a feel. At least after you see if with your own eyes, and speak to a few sales exec or even property agents, you will have a better idea of things. I'm moving to my rented HH home in a few weeks time, while waiting for my house in Nusa Idaman to be completed. So, I can't advise on how it feels like to stay there. But to answer your question above, RM800k should be sufficient to get a nice intermediate unit in Gateway, not necessarily a cluster unit. Anyway, I prefer intermediate more to cluster so that my back kitchen is open as well, instead of connected to another unit. All the best to you and your family.

Wah... Bdr Dato Onn is just after the toll towards JB city, is that far from Horizon Hills? We'll probably explore Johor more after we move there, but we'll start with Kota Iskandar and nearby areas. Bdr Dato Onn sounds far; I only see it when I drive back from KL. I tot that place has a lot of launches already, if I remember correctly from what some forummers wrote here.

thegolf

Alfrescian
Loyal

Nice Golf Course Views For HH TheGolf Phase 1B10 Semi D

DSC_1505.JPG

DSC_1506.JPG

Last edited:

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When the live firing is on, lots of noise in bursts. Sometimes when they use the heavy stuff, yes we can actually feel the vibrations. Cilaka.
Singapore training.

Omg! Ledang Heights is at least around 5km further inland away from the straits and you can still hear the Live Firing from Singapore instead of just the vibration? In future, Kota Iskandar and all the universities in Nusajaya will have extra holidays called Singapore Live Firing Day'S' :biggrin:

Thanks for your reply Mallow, by the way how frequent do you hear the Live Firings? Are there night firing too? My wife hears my night firing every night (my snoring) :biggrin:

Last edited:

Puteri harbour

Alfrescian
Loyal
Shall we start talking about what property we buy/ intend to buy and 3 reasons why we buy it/ intend to buy and 3 disadvantages (if any)?
In this way, it may help us in making more informed decisions on purchasing property in IDR.

Eg
Property: Imperia puteri harbour.
Reasons: near Kota iskandar for safety reason
Near medini and with puteri harbour for potential capital appreciation.
15 mins from 2nd Link.
Disadvantages: no developments yet except for traders hotel and clubhouse.
Singapore live firing ground directly opposite the Johor straits.

Such info will help me a lot... Hope it will help you all as well...

Cheers,
PH

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi PH, do they have small units there with view of marina and Singapore? How do i go about enquiring? Thanks.

Hi Bluereef: Unfortunately, Marina and Singapore view units are only 3 bedroom and penthouses. Here are the details:

Marina View:
- Type 3A (3+1 bedroom) - 2,508 sft
- Type 3B (3+1 bedroom) - 1,828 sft

Office Block & Pool Facing:
- Type 1A (1 bedroom) - 813 sft
- Type 2A (2+1 bedroom) - 1,673 sft

I suggest you call ahead and schedule an appointment with one of the Sales folks as they may be busy given that the Public Launch is planned this month. You may also visit their showflats. The layout has changed but you will get a decent idea of material quality.

These are the phone numbers:
+ 607-530-2707 / 2127

All the best!

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal

forummers concerned with the live firing, i read an article somewhere that mentioned there is an agreement last time official discussion between the 2 countries, that sg will cool off with these kind of exercises. Even more pertinent when the ciq ferry terminal comes into existent i guess, don't want stray artillery to 'wander' around empty or not. have not personally heard or experienced it though.

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal

forummers concerned with the live firing, i read an article somewhere that mentioned there is an agreement last time official discussion between the 2 countries, that sg will cool off with these kind of exercises. Even more pertinent when the ciq ferry terminal comes into existent i guess, don't want stray artillery to 'wander' around empty or not. have not personally heard or experienced it though.

How is sg going to cut down live firing ? There is just one ground for that in SG . Introduce more computer war game in air-con comfort ? Maybe do more Live firing in overseas training ground or maybe Msia has some plan for us to exercise in their jungles ?

Puteri harbour

Alfrescian
Loyal

For those interested in imperia, you can also send email to syed fadzil at [email protected] for more details. There also have PDF copy of imperia sales booklet.

Heard that booking before the official launch is 7% cheaper.

Cheers,
PH

Hi Bluereef: Unfortunately, Marina and Singapore view units are only 3 bedroom and penthouses. Here are the details:

Marina View:
- Type 3A (3+1 bedroom) - 2,508 sft
- Type 3B (3+1 bedroom) - 1,828 sft

Office Block & Pool Facing:
- Type 1A (1 bedroom) - 813 sft
- Type 2A (2+1 bedroom) - 1,673 sft

I suggest you call ahead and schedule an appointment with one of the Sales folks as they may be busy given that the Public Launch is planned this month. You may also visit their showflats. The layout has changed but you will get a decent idea of material quality.

These are the phone numbers:
+ 607-530-2707 / 2127

All the best!

Status
Not open for further replies.