• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tutucake

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Investing in Nusajaya

What are the reasons? vs Nusa Idaman, not so big difference. But vs Nusa Duta or Bestari Height is within walking distance to Giant / Tescco / Jusco / McDonnald - supper convenient leh . Access to Tuas / Coastal High Way/ Medini , maybe Bukit Indah II got advantage.

it's really a personally preferance....i felt that the roads outside of Bestari Heights and Nusa Duta are kinda busy.... i had a headache (literally) when i was driving around that area...the shops there gives me a messy feeling.... i know its very near to tesco, jusco and all... to me in malaysia, i will still move ard by car no matter how near it is.... just walking out from my house to the security post u chuan liao...

The place where i bought, it's mostly residential... so it gives me a more peaceful feeling....its only 3 mins drive to jusco.... so its still convenient.... access to 2nd link is also very convenient...

then again... it's really personal preferance... plus a good way to console myself for getting an expensive, small and low quality house... =)

tutucake

Alfrescian
Loyal

What are the reasons? vs Nusa Idaman, not so big difference. But vs Nusa Duta or Bestari Height is within walking distance to Giant / Tescco / Jusco / McDonnald - supper convenient leh . Access to Tuas / Coastal High Way/ Medini , maybe Bukit Indah II got advantage.

it's really a personally preferance....i felt that the roads outside of Bestari Heights and Nusa Duta are kinda busy.... i had a headache (literally) when i was driving around that area...the shops there gives me a messy feeling.... i know its very near to tesco, jusco and all... to me in malaysia, i will still move ard by car no matter how near it is.... just walking out from my house to the security post u chuan liao...

The place where i bought, it's mostly residential... so it gives me a more peaceful feeling....its only 3 mins drive to jusco.... so its still convenient.... access to 2nd link is also very convenient...

then again... it's really personal preferance... plus a good way to console myself for getting an expensive, small and low quality house... =)

btw, where is bukit indah 2

Last edited:

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
in terms of lasting...copper pipe definitely last longer than PVC ones....regardless how thin the copper pipes are...
At what instance does a pipe breaks?

Quite high especially in JB where they buried the PVC under the concrete. If the wall cracks, the pipe will leak due to movement. This happen to my bro house in Gela Patah.

tutucake

Alfrescian
Loyal
Quite high especially in JB where they buried the PVC under the concrete. If the wall cracks, the pipe will leak due to movement. This happen to my bro house in Gela Patah.

Siao Liao Lor.............

Can someone from other developments come out and console me by telling me their pipes are also PVC type....:o

thegolf

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi thegolf,
I'm impatiently waiting for my South Golf 24X75 to be completed next year. Seems so long! Took the plunge last Dec when they offer free club membership. Personally prefer the layout of South Golf 22X70 (staircase by the side after entering main door) but sold out due to contemplating for too long. U too?

Bro thegolf, that makes the 2 of us w sleepless nites!

Jokes aside, a friend just collected keys to his South Golf 22X70 and invited me to visit. Backed out last minute due to work commitment n recent busy schedule. The last time I asked no complaint about defects from him yet if that's any consolation.

Sorry bro, I had miss out ur first post and hope everything will be fine @ 1B9. :smile:

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I'm the real sucker for getting a intermediate unit at 420k.... but wad to do? im the late late bird....

Don't worry, I can guarantee you that by next year 2012, you'll be saying "Luckily I bought mine last year, I'm the early early bird" :smile:

thegolf

Alfrescian
Loyal

Photo of roof installation @ Horizon Hills

View attachment 2612

View attachment 2613

View attachment 2614

View attachment 2615

View attachment 2616

Now you guys don't have to guess what's above your ceiling. :smile:

Any comments on the steel structure of the roof ????

Hi Sanur,

now my biggest headache is the timber roof structure... i have no means to check how badly it is 'eaten' up.... and i think getting a contractor to re-do the structure using metal will be too expensive... damn pissed with SP Setia....

Guess we are fortunate here @ Horizon Hills which use steel structure for the roof :smile:

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Siao Liao Lor.............

Can someone from other developments come out and console me by telling me their pipes are also PVC type....:o

Dont worry , my house from Sutera also use PVC pipes , so far so good nothing happen. Like what a bros say, do good things and hope haven protect the house , ha-ha . If it want to happen , nothing we can do . Contactor can hack the wall , do a re piping if can locate the leaks , else do a totally new pipe without conceal , not too costly.

tutucake

Alfrescian
Loyal

Don't worry, I can guarantee you that by next year 2012, you'll be saying "Luckily I bought mine last year, I'm the early early bird" :smile:

Ya... But not early enuff... else I would definitely be a proud owner of my dream development, horizon hills...

Thanx dude~

yonglip

Alfrescian
Loyal
Metal roofing with steel frames normally has a layer of radiant barrier (the silver colour foil material you see in between the steel roof structure) for reduction of radiant heat. Thus no issue with metal conducting heat into the bulding. The primary reason for using metal is durability.

Cheers.

tutucake

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dont worry , my house from Sutera also use PVC pipes , so far so good nothing happen. Like what a bros say, do good things and hope haven protect the house , ha-ha . If it want to happen , nothing we can do . Contactor can hack the wall , do a re piping if can locate the leaks , else do a totally new pipe without conceal , not too costly.

If it will break... It better break within the 3yrs warranty...I cannOt imagine the hassle my family will suffer if we already shift in... Let's keep our fingers crossed

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

Well I dare say Tanah Sutera (Capital Land JV) is quite responsible. After got my house for 3 years already and have no complain on cracks, leakages. We were surprised when they come and upgrade/ waterproofing our toilets drainage system last month for free! They say that this is to prevent future water leakage and it supposed to last 40 to 50 years! Now this is how the work is carried out over the weekend for 4 days. First they hack away loose concrete around the drainage hole. Next the apply a few coats of black water proofing compound (take a few days between coats to dry). Lastly they plug the pipe with a small ball, filled the toilet with water about 1-2 inch of water. Next day the supervisor and owner inspect the toilet for any sign of leakage. (If water is drained off mean waterproofing is not working). All 3 toilets upstair , they say cost about 500 buck a toilet to do the job , all for free.

Wow I am impressed, your developer really got standard! Eh it is Keppel Land JV, not Capitaland lah.

cleyeo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Did my MACS with wife at Jusco today. Passport ALONE suffice.

Thanks to bros here for pointing the way.

Cheers.

I was at Jusco too today around 2 PM. Car park was full !!! I parked at the road side !
Did you see the progress of your house ?. For the opposite of your unit, they are putting tiles for its car port now !!

yonglip

Alfrescian
Loyal
eh bro...i was there also around 3+..i too parked at the road side. one thing good about M'sia...when i parked at roadside..i dont feel any stress at all..hahaha. the TGV cinema progressing nicely..and its huge..cant wait for its opening man!

seems you are more excited than me about the development bro. haha.

cheers.

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi everyone,

Does yOur property comes with termite warranty???

HH has termite treatment during building stage and it has a anti-termite during the defect warranty period. These terms wasn't stated anywhere but when I inquired with maintenance office, that was what they told me. Anyway, when I approach pest control they said if you see normal ants around, unlikely to have termite infestation, i have too many normal ants around in my HH place, hurray !

thegolf

Alfrescian
Loyal
Was viewing and inquire about purchase of EC in sg, due to the new rules of those who currently have hdb and overseas property are not eligible to apply but the agent said they can appeal on my behalf and the chance are very high!!!

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Metal roofing with steel frames normally has a layer of radiant barrier (the silver colour foil material you see in between the steel roof structure) for reduction of radiant heat. Thus no issue with metal conducting heat into the bulding. The primary reason for using metal is durability.

Cheers.

not necessary metal roof last longer vs roof titles . Both got its pro and con . maybe in near future we have stainless steel sheets for roofing , last a life time. !

Last edited:

lastresort

Alfrescian
Loyal

Wow I am impressed, your developer really got standard! Eh it is Keppel Land JV, not Capitaland lah.

Tanah Sutera is a JV between "Keppel Land", "Capitaland", "Lee Rubber Co", "Pelangi Berhad" and "Lembaga Tabung Angkatan Tentera (Armed Forces Fund Board)". Land was owned by Lee Plantation. About 1300 acres with a big portion still left undeveloped.

That is why you can find OCBC branch at Sutera and OCBC bankers are very willing to offer loan for this development.

Other GLC presence in JB:

Capitaland also has a approx 20% share of UM land (not UEM). That is why it's subsidiary Ascott managed to secure the management of the new serviced apartment at Puteri Habour.

City Square owned by GIC real estate.

Status
Not open for further replies.